✓ DEFENSIVE | Z. BERMAN

By s-solstice

防御的 ─── 𝒅𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒗𝒆 i'll just bat my eyesat you like all the other dumbass girls. ⤿ fear... More

DEFENSIVE
i. THE BEFORE
ii. THE WITCHES
iii. THE BULLIES
iv. THE PLAN
v. THE WEIRD GIRLS
vi. THE BEGINNING
vii. THE CHASE
viii. THE HAND
ix. THE END?
x. THE AFTER
xii. THE KILLERS
xiii. THE END.
THANK YOU!

xi. THE TRUTH

4.1K 154 113
By s-solstice

OCTOBER 3rd, 1994
11:43 P.M.

Ziggy kept watch over the animalistic Sam who was still secured in their bathroom, the large kitchen knife held tightly in her palm. Her only focus is on keeping Y/N safe tonight.

After all, she still blames herself for what happened to her that night.

"Ziggy!"

The anxious call has Ziggy turning quickly towards the sound of her voice, worry and nerves taking over as she assumes the worst, but letting out a sharp exhale with a curse of "Oh, Jesus Christ!" when she sees it's only Deena and Josh having returned from their mission.

But that means that it didn't work. "Look at her!" Ziggy snaps, "I told you it wouldn't work! There's no ending it."

She then took note of the look on Y/N's face, on all of their faces.

The same look she saw on her face way back in 1978. Ziggy wanted nothing more in that moment to lock the two of them in their room and hold each other until the night is through, being able to keep Y/N safe from everything going to do her harm.

But, instead she hesitantly asked, "What is it?"

She sees Deena's eyes look between herself and Y/N with heartbreaking glances. "We need to talk."

Leading the pair to the room, Deena sat on the couch to explain as Ziggy stood with Y/N, their hands held tightly together.

"We don't have much time," Deena starts, "But I went back in time." She holds up her hands to silence the questions that the two women already started to voice, "I was Sarah Fier, and she was innocent. She isn't turning people in Shadyside into killers. She wasn't a witch!" Deena rushes to explain, "Solomon Goode — "

"Who?" Y/N cuts in at the familiar surname.

"Nick Goode's Pilgrim ancestor." Josh answers.

"He made a deal with the Devil," Deena starts again, her hands moving wildly as she speaks, "then framed Sarah to cover his own Puritan ass. The Goodes, they're trading us. People from Shadyside." She confesses, Y/N's eyes going wide along with Ziggy's, her hands and arms shaking as Deena continues, "Goode gives a name to the Devil, the Devil takes over that person. Then, that person kills and murders. And the Devil feeds on this blood of dead Shadysiders. And Goode gets what he wants."

Y/N's knees collapse to the floor, her other hand cover her mouth and Ziggy pulls her into her arms.

Deena watches the two with tears in her eyes as she continues, "He becomes Sheriff. His brother becomes Mayor. All of Sunnyvale gets better and better, and Shadyside doesn't. And the Goodes do it over and over, again and again. One Goode from every generation passing down the evil. First born to first born. Right to today. Right to Sheriff Nick Goode."

Ziggy tries to calm Y/N's breathing as she asks, "So Sarah Fier — "

"He framed her!" Josh exclaims.

"She's the only one who's ever figured out the truth..." Deena adds, "until us."

Y/N whimpered quietly and buried her head into the crook of Ziggy's neck, her thoughts running through her head.

But mostly, she was embarrassed and ashamed of herself. How could she have thought he was changing, that Nick Goode was trying to be good.

Because over the years, he had built back her trust, not enough for her to let him into her life again, but enough that it hurt.

But then, she was angry.

She was angry at herself for letting him build it again, she was angry at him for using her.

"This is how we save Sam." Deena calls softly, "How we save Shadyside. We can't kill the Devil. So... we have to kill him."

Y/N looks up at her words, a look of shock displayed at her next statement: "We have to kill Nick Goode."

But then, her breath quicken as she realizes what she's done, "I — I called him... I thought... I thought he could help." Her voice shakes with what could be perceived as shock, but it was really the overwhelming anger and resentment she now felt towards the Sheriff.

Deena and Josh share a worried look before she speaks up, "We need to go, now!"

She gets up and rushes to the bathroom, Josh going after his sister as the two older women rush after them to ensure their safety.

And, sure enough, Sam had gotten the upper hand on Deena, her hands coming around her throat. Ziggy steps forwards and grabs the knife she left on the counter and uses the handle to knock Sam over the head, her unconscious figure falling to the tiled floor.

"I wanted to do that all day." Ziggy says with gritted teeth.

.

After hopping into the stolen cop car, the four drive madly through the night. "It should be up here on the right." Josh informs them.

"Hey, are we sure about this?" Ziggy asks, leaning forward slightly from her seat in the back beside Y/N.

"Yeah, how many more people can we trust?"  Y/N questions wearily.

Josh looks between the road and the business card. "Trust me, the dude hates Goode as much as we do. Plus, we'll need all the help we can get.

Turning right onto Fier Street, the car pulls up to a house with a man sitting on the porch, the red and blue lights of the police siren illuminating his car.

The group watches as he rises from his seat and raises his hands above his head calmly. Josh chuckles to himself before letting out a slow breath and rolling down the window. "Hey!" He calls towards the man. 

"Urkel?"

"Yeah! Uh..." Josh contemplates for a moment on how to proceed before shaking his head as if to say 'fuck it,' and, much to the other three's surprise, he bluntly yells, "Wanna help us kill Sheriff Goode?"

Y/N holds her breath for his answer, watching as the man looks at them with a dazed look before nodding slowly, "Let me get my coat."

She laughs with relief and shares a quick glance with Ziggy before the group jumps at the sound of what must be Sam rolling around in the trunk.

Moments later, the man, Martin, comes back out and hops in the backseat next to Ziggy, and as fast as she can, Deena drives the group to where is all began, the Shadyside mall.

And, luckily, they had just picked up the person best equipped to helping them in that environment.

.

"As the mall's lead custodial engineer," Martin informs the group, "I ensure that all retail establishments come equipped with the StoreSafe 250." He says, walking up to a small store and displaying the locked gate. "This is the Cadillac of store gates." He informs as his knocks against the metal as if to prove his point. "Now, the 250 prevents your standard smash-and-grab, graffiti, all while complying with the 70% visibility ordinance." He pauses for a moment and rolls his eyes as he sees the group looking back at him with blank stares. "Best part..." He says with a smirk as he bends down and unlocks the gate with a simple click, "Easy to operate."

"And we can rig them for quick release?" Josh asks for reassurance.

"Little grease, these things go down faster than a Sunnyvale cheerleader." He says, smirking towards Ziggy and Y/N who both roll their eyes.

Josh turns to the four others and explains, "So, Deena's the target now, so the killers will go after Deena's blood, just like they did with Sam. And then, we use that to lure them into the store, and then..." He trials off as he turns to Martin, who closes the gates quickly with a bang.

"Welcome to the clink, motherfucker."

"The killers will be locked up," Josh continues, "then it's just us versus Goode."

Y/N nods along skeptically, starting to formulate the plan in her head when Deena speaks up, "Ok, sure, awesome, but then what? Like how do we take out Goode?"

Martin furrows his brows, "Are — are y'all serious about this?"

Looking around the space an idea forms in Y/N's head, but it seems Ziggy was thinking exactly the same thing. "Once they're down, how quickly can we get the gates back open?"

"Well, that depends, but — "

"Why would we wanna do that?" Deena cuts off Martin with her own question.

Ziggy and Y/N look to each other, identical smirks on their lips. Y/N turns back to the group and simply says, "We'll Carrie him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 364 15
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗮 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗮�...
16.5K 494 12
disclaimer! i do recommend you read book one - the words i wish i wrote // kate schmidt - for you to understand this book. it can be read as a standa...
31.6K 586 25
just a couple of oneshots of sadie bc i love her sm. i keep having different scenarios of sadie in my head and i felt like i have to put them all in...
98.6K 2.1K 41
This world is vicious SHORT CHAPTERS COMPLETE!! ACT ONE Kate x fem! Oc ACT TWO Ziggy berman x fem! Oc ACT THREE Fear street x fem! oc RECENTLY REWRIT...