Retreat into Darkness

By helswrites

#1 in sword fighting #3 in darkforest #7 in weapons #12 in gory #25 in mysterious (THIS BOOK HAS MANY GRAMMA... More

Don't go into the Darkness
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Welcome the Darkness
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 37

5.9K 154 221
By helswrites

Allaura Aislinn

I was dragged and forced to walk behind the horse.

I didn't fight—couldn't fight. I was weak and I was hurt. Mentally and physically.

Caspian betrayed me. And I—I had love for him.

She is right, i'll die thinking that he loved me too, but he didn't. It was all a lie. Every single damn thing, it was all a lie.

"We stop here." Diona says and dismounts her white horse before striding over to me.

"How pathetic." She spits. "Untie her and bring her with me."

The man jumps off the horse and roughly unties me before shoving me into the direction the queen walked.

And I don't fight it.

She strides in front of my dragging figure and stops near a steep cliff.

"Isn't it beautiful here?" She asks sweetly but I don't answer.

She sighs. "Drop her to her knees."

The men kick my knees and I cry out when they connect with the floor.

"Face her to me."

The men turn my body so my back is facing away from the cliff and towards every man on their horse and Lady Diona herself.

And Caspian.

She walks over to me and slaps me across the face. "I hate loose ends, and you just so happened to become one."

But I don't even know what I did. I did what she asked of me. I trained, I fought, I became stronger.

My head snaps to the side when another slap echos through the forest.

Medicine medicine medicine.

The words chant in my head. Caspian was supposed to be my medicine. He was supposed to keep me safe and protected. But—but he's the one causing the pain.

"You're gonna cry again?" Diona purrs. "Cry. Sob all you want sweetheart. That won't change the fact that you are dying today."

She nods her head over to the two men beside me and I watch as Caspian goes tense and steps forward one single step.

"Don't you dare." Diona snaps in his direction and he stands still as a statue beside her.

My lip trembles when I don't see him fight for me.

Fight for me. Please.

My mouth opens on its own. "You promised." I whisper in his direction and he goes pale.

A gasped sound makes its way out of my throat. "You—you promised." I choke out and see his knuckles go white and his eyes look wild.

Lady Diona smiles evilly before turning to Caspian. "Do you love Allaura?" She asks.

His face turns hard. "No." And it's his own strong words that break my heart further.

"Do you care for Allaura?"

"No."

Another nail is slammed in my heart.

"Do you care if she dies, at this very moment."

"No."

And my heart is teared open.

When Lady Diona faces her back to him, his face falls and he tries community with his eyes.

But he doesn't care, he never did.

I stare at his tense and shaking body while tears run down in rivers on my cheeks.

The two men drag me to the edge of the cliff and I suck in a harsh breath when my foot hits the edge.
I look over my shoulder and my eyes go wide with fear.

I see nothing of the bottom. It's covered in fog.

"Well. This is it." She says happily. "I am sorry, Allaura. But I just can't have any of my loose ends walking around freely."

My nostrils flare and I bare my teeth.

But i'm so scared.

I look over to Caspian again.

"But you promised." I desperately whisper and his face morphs into pain.

"Please." I plead. "You're my medicine."

His eyes gloss but it's gone in a blink.

And then the men start to push me closer to the edge.

I kick and scratch and scream.

"No!" I yell and kick my foot to stay on the ground.

"Please don't leave me." I sob out to anyone who cares to hear.

I don't wanna die.

The men growl in frustration. "Throw the damn thing off." One of them say.

Please.

Fear settles deep within my gut and I look at Caspian once more. "Cas." I whisper in such desperation that even I know I sound pathetic.

"You promised."

Time seems to slow when I lose my footing.

I watch as Caspian's eyes widen at my falling figure. I watch as Lady Diona watches me with a cruel smile playing her lips.
And I watch how my legs fall over the edge of the cliff and I behind to fall.

But before i'm able to disappear into the mist.

"NO!" Diona snarls and I hear the sound of fighting and a body being thrown to the ground before I see Caspian dive over for me.

Our bodies collide together and spin through the air before we both steadily fall down.

"Fuck." He curses and I watch the people above look over the cliff before the fog consumes us.

And then we see nothing.

We are in the fog and it surrounding everything.

"Allaura-"

"No."

Not now, not today. He watched them do this to me. So no.

"Please just listen-"

"I said no." I snarl and feel my eyes flare.

His own eyes go wide. "Your eyes." He says but I look away confused.

But I see different. Everything around me looks clearer and brighter. Caspian's face is i hanged and i'm able to see every scar and dent on his cheeks.

But the moment is over when we pass through the fog and I see the ground before us.

I'm gonna die.

"Fly Allaura."

But I can't.

My veins burn with the same cold fire and Caspian winces when he touches my skin.

"What the hell-"

But I don't hear him.

Focus focus focus.

"Allaura." Caspian stressed while we near the ground.

Focus.

I spun out bodies around so he now has his back to the ground.

"What the hell are you doing."

But my face is blank and hard. My eyes flare and my skin burns with adrenaline.
It burns with the need to release.

My breaths come out harder when I see the earth near his back and my heart thumps faster.

"Fuck!" Caspian curses when he touches my arm and he stares at me wide eyed.

But the ground nears, too close.

I look at Caspian and see his eyes hold fear.

Fear. Caspian. Death.

And that's what triggers it.

I push Caspian's body to mine and he winces at my hot skin before I throw a single arm out and black fire shoots out of my hand and creates a barrier for us.

"Holy gods."

The fire envelops us and we crash onto the ground harshly.

I throw Caspian's to the side and take most of the impact before rolling away from him.

The cold fire around me hisses and slowly disappears back into my veins.

I only stare at the sky covered in fog. I can feel my body shutting down.
My breaths become shorter and I smile sadly to the sky.

I'll be with the stars as Aeryn says. I'll be with you dad.

"No, no, no." A voice chants beside me and my head is being lifted onto a lap.

"Come on, fight. You have to fight it Aura." Caspian pleads brushing away my hair from my face.

But I can't. I'm too weak and I know my time is coming.

"No. I won't let you die." Caspian says harshly.

"Fuck. No, no, no. Please, come on." He says in desperation and puts his forehead to mine.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." And I could have sworn I felt something wet hit my cheek and feel his body shake with a silent sob.

"No." He says and places his pulsing hand on my chest.

But the world is already fading.
The fire in my veins have died out. The aching in my bones are long gone. I barely even feel Caspian's hand placed on my chest directly above my heart.

"No, i'm your medicine. This should work, it always works."

I smile sadly at him.

"No, please don't leave me. You can't leave me too." And he hugs my limp body to him.

I'm sorry. I wish I could say. I don't want to leave you.

But i'm too weak to say anything. The power has been drained out of me.
And i'm slowly dying.

I believed I had a future, yet I don't think i'm strong enough to fight for it any longer.

"Medicine." I whisper one last time and I hear a heartbreaking scream before the darkness finally claims me.

                                       £

The end.

SIKE LMFAOOOO
i'm sorry it's not funny

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 48.6K 46
"As I laid on the filthy mat, my white hair fanning out like a halo around my head, I felt that ice inside of me fester. It grew and spread until it...
1.7K 496 17
🏆Round 2 Qualifier🏆 Princess Aurelia, better known to her friends as Aure, has led a comfortable life in the kingdom of Geldery for as long as she...
78 4 19
Book 1 in 'The Royal Assassin' Trilogy | ORIGINAL WORK Adira is an assassin and her only goal in life is to protect her younger sister, Natasha, espe...
1.4K 3 47
I have always been a hopeless romantic, always daydreaming of my prince charming to come, sweep me off my feet and we would ride off into the sunset...