The alternative bride

By Msbhatia7755

โ€ข|Featured by WattpadChickLitIN|โ€ข SAMPLE ONLY (PUBLISHED ON AMAZON) What if the bride-to-be comes home marrie... More

INTRODUCING THE JOURNEY
CHARACTERS OF THE TALE
CHAPTER 1- A halt to the wedding
CHAPTER 2- Marriage
CHAPTER 3- The Silent Lioness
Chapter 4- From his point of view
chapter 5- Seeking Answers
CHAPTER 7- Where is Riya?
CHAPTER 8- My Workaholic Wife
CHAPTER 9- Professionalism is her Second name
CHAPTER 10- A ride full of questions
CHAPTER 11- She fights back??
CHARACTER AESTHETICS & FROM HER POINT OF VIEW
CHAPTER 12- The blooming friendship
CHAPTER 13 - Kunal Jaisingh
CHAPTER 14- Party#1 : Jealous Siddarth
OUR VERSION OF LOVE
THIS BOOK IS NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON!
๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ฎ

CHAPTER 6- She is the BOSS

36.2K 1.2K 33
By Msbhatia7755

RIYA'S POV

As we reached the sight, we were shocked out of wits and it was more shocking for the person sitting next to me. Actually the office entrance was beautifully decorated as if a red carpet event was going on and I had no idea what was going on. We both got down the car and he asked a stupid question "Is it the right address?" and I nodded as I was busy exploring the view. The whole entrance was decorated with elegant flowers and as we entered we were welcomed by the board of directors standing in a line on the entrance and formally dressed employees who were standing in rows opposite to each other on both sides of the way. As we took steps forward they started showering rose petals on us and I was feeling as if some royal procession was going on. We reached the entrance and I greeted everyone present there and touched the feet of the elder members of the board while a handshake was enough for others and Siddarth looked at me wide eyed.

'This man is weird' are the only thoughts my mind could make up.

After this greeting ceremony everybody congratulated me for my wedding and I just smiled and said thanks but my mind laughed at my condition as this wedding was just a compromise. Then a question ringed in my mind and I asked the directors

"Who told you that we were going to come to the office and that too together?" as they gifted a watch to Siddarth and many other couple gifts to us.

They all said "OUR KHABRI (informer)" in unison and started laughing and a smile adorned my lips hearing that word. Siddarth looked confused and I whispered to him that they were talking about Veena. He nodded and asked if he could accompany me to my cabin and I mouthed a yes and everybody dispersed to their work. We entered my cabin and he started blabbering

"Is this a company or some family function going on? Never in my life have I experienced any such thing. Moreover I have seen that the boss greets the members formally and here you were touching the feet of directors as if they were your uncles."

I smiled at his antics and said "yes I consider them my family". He chuckled and asked "Do you even sign deals in this company if only friendly relations are made? This is silly."

I sighed as now he was questioning my business skills directly and the bold girl was back. I cleared my throat, gaining his attention and he instantly stopped laughing.

"I guess it's time you should leave for your work " I said in my cold tone. He understood that I was shooing him away and said bye and left the place. After five minutes I realised that Mr Roy had arrived at this place for the first time and it's a freaking building with around 20 floors and even I can get lost in this building if I get busy with my phone. I laughed at that thought but suddenly I got concerned and called the security guard to know if Mr Roy reached back to the parking or not and as soon as I heard a negative reply I was sure that he lost his way and being the sweetheart I am I went to look after that crazy person who could not ask the way from someone around.

My mind gritted out 'You are more insane to let him leave alone to get lost' and even though it's harsh but it's true.

As I entered the elevator I realised that as soon as I entered the cabin I have started calling him Mr Roy getting even more formal than before but my mind again said 'It's all the side effect of being formal and bossy always' and I blocked these thoughts as soon as I reached the floor where Mr Roy was supposed to be as per the CCTV footage. I went towards the floor reception as it was the floor specially built for all the interns. I enquired from her regarding his location and she told me to go towards the desks in block number 5 but to be precise her words were

"Are you asking about the handsome hunk that just passed by?" and I just nodded and inwardly chuckled at the description. As she realised he is my husband which is not yet officially declared but half of the office has got the news due to that grand welcome she looked down in embarrassment and I just patted her back telling her to cool down.

I walked ahead only to see Mr Roy standing at one side of the hallway and was listening to the gossip of the interns with utmost sincerity and it was clear that the interns had no idea about his presence. As I went near him I saw his fist clenched and anger gleaming in his eyes. I stood near him but he was busy glaring at the interns not realising my presence. The bubble of curiosity started growing. What are these interns talking about? Why this man listening to them with so much attention?

Conversation

Intern 1 (a boy): Uff! This boss is so cranky. She keeps a regular check on our activities even when we are just interns and as a result, Singhania never lets us rest. She doesn't even know how to run a company. That stupid lady...

Intern 2 (a boy): Exactly bro... I wonder how come she is handling such a big company with that silly attitude of hers. I have also heard she got married yesterday. I pity that man who is going to handle this lady.

Intern 3 ( a girl): The worst part is she has married the most eligible bachelor Siddarth Roy. She is beautiful but he deserves better. A girl smarter and not so simple like her.

Intern 1: I have heard that this marriage is just for the sake of a deal and girls like her use such tricks to grow.

Intern 3: Yes guys, Siddarth deserves a girl who loves him and is the definition of beauty like me. The hot bachelor looks good with sharp girls like me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girl interns joined the crispy conversation and the beauty contest started and the most beautiful girl was being searched for the man standing one step ahead of me and fury was visible in his eyes. Though a few minutes back he was questioning my skills and now he is getting angry and as expected he was going to burst now. He started to move towards the interns but I stopped him grabbing his elbow and started walking towards the interns. I don't want him or anyone to stand up for me as I am enough to handle them. Moreover I AM THE BOSS. I am not running this company on the basis of assumptions of people and if anyone is to confront them then it would be me. I reached the desks and the interns stood up and their faces got pale as if someone just caught them stealing gold. Perfect silence engulfed the atmosphere and after recovering from the shock they greeted me in their sweet fake tones. I just nodded and Jenny, my personal assistant, arrived at the scene.

"So guys I am here to talk about the work progress of you all" I said in my rude tone and as I looked at Mr Roy for a second I could easily guess that he was expecting me to shout at them.

(I don't angry very soon but even if I get angry I don't show it by shouting and yelling because trust me the calm me is more dangerous than the angry young girl)

"Your work has not been submitted and the deadline is gone already" I said to an intern standing nearby and he looked down at the floor as if it would help him in any manner.

"Your work is below the standard quality level" I said pointing at Intern 2 who was keenly involved in the discussion a few minutes back and now I was laughing at their condition in my mind. After all, I have my ways to shut people up.

"Do I need to tell you that your work has been pending since the last two weeks and now you don't deserve a second chance Mr Sushank?" I asked the intern who started this conversation (Intern 1). He seemed to be enjoying the gossip a lot but guess what I can't tolerate such people. His eyes widened as he realised the meaning of my words and he muttered a 'sorry' and looked away.

"Jenny, get the termination letter ready for Mr Sushank in two minutes" I ordered and she was already working on it. This girl knows me for a long time and she knows my every step.

" Work means work and at the time of work I should not find such nuisance. You don't get paid for such stuff so stop your chitter chatter and work sincerely if you want to continue." I said in my cold but calm tone which was enough to frighten their souls out of their body.

Then I saw the girls relaxing a bit as I turned around but I moved back to them and said in an audible tone to all present their "Your work reports show poor results so in order to save your internships you should stop selecting the most appropriate match for Mr Siddarth Roy and focus on your work."

I turned around to leave ignoring the pleadings of Sushank and as I took two steps ahead the girl (intern 3) started again " See I told you naa that I am the most beautiful girl in this place. Ma'am got jealous and is overburdening me with work to let out her frustration."

This girl is getting on my nerves now and went back to her and said in the sweetest possible tone "Please stand up dear" and she flinched and followed at once.

"So guys Let's clap for the most beautiful girl on this planet"(note the sarcasm) I said loud enough and everybody started clapping and the intern smiled as if she was boasting her achievement.

"So now this girl standing over here is ready to leave the internship and join the Miss world beauty contest. Let's all bid her a goodbye" I said and her face fell instantly and now it was my turn to smirk. She looked down embarrassed and I have to admit that this was interesting.

I continued " So Miss whatsoever, would you fill in the form or should I do it for you? You can send me the resignation in an hour" and she started begging for forgiveness and I can't really see anyone like this so I forgave her and even her partner Sushank who was doing the same for the last 15 minutes. I doubled the amount of work they had to do as their punishment and report to Mr Singhania by tomorrow. I know it was tough but they had to learn their lesson.

After completing this drama session I went towards Mr Roy and he was looking at me with respect, pride and some unknown emotion. I really don't know.

I gestured to him to follow me while I could feel his gaze on me. He walked behind me and I dropped him till the parking lot and I turned around and left without bidding him a bye but you guys need to know that I am like this only. I am a stranger to him and vice versa so an informal scenario will not be possible as of now. 

I reached home exactly by 7 and as my car was not with me, my friend dropped me home and went away not before giving me his signature bear hug. As I was going to enter in the house someone shouted "WELCOME HOME" at the top of her voice and I had to cover my ears to save them from this torture. This is a voice I can even recognize in my sleep.

Imagine the office cabins like the above attached picture (Image from google....I claim no rights over the pictures that I use in this story)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hello readers

I know I am late again but thanks for your support. I want to know whose POV do you like more Riya or Siddarth? 

Any guesses that who is the person behind welcoming Riya home by shouting in this manner?

As this update was a bit short and late so I am going to give you guys an update tomorrow also so be ready. 

Keep voting, commenting and motivating me to give you frequent updates. If you like my work then do follow me. Feel free to point out mistakes and being the lovelies you are you can ignore them also. I really want you guys to comment and my dear silent readers I want you to share your views. Comments really motivate to write more frequently. You guys can even suggest me that whether I should post only on weekends or two times a week. I leave the decision to you guys. 

~~~~PRIYA7755

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 157K 88
"I can give you grandchild without marriage too mom" Mira said after listening to her mom's useless reason making everyone shock. Yeah???? "I...I mea...
1.8M 90.7K 106
BEST RANKING:- #1 in Indian Fiction as on 01/21 #2 in India as on 10/20 Bonjour๐Ÿ˜Š As the name suggest Unwillingly but yours. Story of a simple yet my...
1.4M 62.1K 75
They Met At A Wedding And Once The Wedding Ended, They Parted Ways To Never Meet Again, Unknown To What The Future Holds For Them Can This Pure Hatre...
114K 11.2K 25
ยฐโ€ข Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series โ€ขยฐ *:๏พŸโœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence but they forgot that their eyes spoke t...