Supermarket is a Cupid [On Hi...

Od piana_staric

"Don't you talk to me like that. Do you have any idea who I am?" "Oh yeah, you must be the prince of jerks be... Více

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
IMPORTANT

Chapter 33

19 8 18
Od piana_staric

"JEREMY-" I couldn't complete my sentence as my body jolted back.

I rolled in my seat as Jake revived his car and turn it around.

"Put your seatbelt on." He said without taking his eyes off the road.

I ignored what he said and pressed my face to the window to see Jeremy. My breath hitched when I saw a car in full speed pass by him and hitting his car.

"NO, JEREMY." I screamed.

I tumbled over and almost hit my head on the dashboard as Jake sped through the street dodging screaming people.

"Put on the damn belt Nyla." He gritted.

"No. Stop the car, let me out. I want to go to Jeremy."

"Are you crazy? I am not stopping, those people are still behind us." He replied.

I look back to see two cars and some motorcycles chasing us.

We are in some deep shit.

"Stop the car or I will open the door and jump out myself." I threatened. I know what I am asking is stupid but I cannot go anywhere with Jake. He is in the freaking mafia.

Should have thought that before getting in the car.

At that time my priority was saving my life and he was the only person I knew. Now that Jeremy is finally here, there is no way I am going anywhere with Jake. I let out an angry groan thinking Jeremy couldn't have come sooner.

"If you want to die then go ahead jump out, I don't care. " Jake scoffed.

Ouch. Rude much.

"I have seen in many movies, when they jump out they get away with just some scratches." I argued.

"Did you hit your head somewhere? THIS ISN'T A MOVIE. WE ARE RUNNING AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO WOULDN'T HESITATE TO KILL US." He screamed.

"IT DOES NOT FEEL LIKE REALITY EITHER RIGHT NOW." I screaming back, letting out some of my frustration.

My frustration immediately turned into fear as the sound of many gunshots going off reached my ear. One of them hit the back of the car making me squeak and jump in my seat.

The only thing going through my mind was that I need to get out of here alive. My eyes landed on the gun in the cup holder beside the handbrake. This is the best shot I got, I must not mess this up.

I briskly pick up the gun. Fumbling with it to switch off its safety and then point it at Jake, "Stop the car or I will shoot". To my surprise he remained unaffected, starring ahead and swiftly driving through the street.

You know it lessens the impact when you already told him that you have never used a gun before.

Damn it, I forgot about that. But I still have to try.

"Don't try me. I will fucking shoot  I am serious." I threatened again. Before I could comprehend my next move, Jake's hand shot up and with the speed of light he hit the inside of my elbow, proceeding to  twist my wrist, making me drop the gun. He readily caught it mid-air and in an instance it was pressed to my forehead. All along keeping one hand on the steering.

"Holy shit, how did you do that?" I asked mouth agape, while massaging my arm where he hit. Instead of replying he smirks.

That's impressive.

Concentrate! Not the time to drool.

"Now, put on your seatbelt and keep quiet. And don't even dare do anything cause you and I both know I wouldn't hesitate shooting." He warned and I quickly did what he asked.

Couple more bullets hit the car, eventually shattering the back glass. I whimpered in my place. Next thing I know I was shrieking in horror when one of the bad guys starts shooting at the window beside me.

"Duck down and roll down the window when I say so." Jake commanded. I had no other option but to do as he says.

He made a harsh turn to a wider road and avoided the car coming from the opposite side. He told me to do it now and I immediately did what he asked me earlier. He shot the man on the bike and I rolled up the window.

He stirred the car to his side taking out another bad guy on the bike.

"Now, bend back your seat and when I ask open your door wide." He ordered.

Jake dodged the black SUV, nearly after crashing the trunk of ours and accelerating ahead. He pulls 5th gear gradually increasing the speed more than we are already riding on.

"If I fucking die, Jake I swear I will haunt you every single second of your life and no exorcism will be able to free you." I glared.

Hell no, I am not dying virgin.

"Trust me I know what I am doing."

"Trust you?" I snorted.

"Look at the road!" I exclaimed when he turned his face to glare at me.

"Either you can help me and there are chances that you won't die or you don't help me and die because those people will definitely kill you. Pick your choice princess." He said nonchalantly while swerving between cars.

"Okay firstly don't you dare call me princess again and is there any other way we can do this? Where I am not in the line of fire." I grimaced. He swiftly proceeded to roll down his window and shot a couple more of those gangsters on the motorcycle, doing this with so much ease as if it was an everyday chore.

"I wish but no. I only got 4 bullets left, and this is the only possible way I can think of to take out both of the cars trailing us." He explained.

"Fine, I will do it." I affirmed, praying to the Gods above to let me live through this and I will become a holy child of God.

Don't make promises you can't keep. What if you live? How are you planning to get rid of your perverted mind?

We will think about that later. Let's focus on bribing the Gods right now and also I am not that perverted.

It was just minutes ago you were thinking about dying virgin and how hot Jake looks fighting, don't get me started on how dirty minded you are.

Yeah, okay I get it. Shut up now.

Dodging a couple more cars we got to a much clear road with very few vehicles. He instructed me to lay down completely on the seat once I open the door. With a deep breath I did as he told me to, already mentally prepared to die any second.

It all happened so fast, Jake stirred the wheel, turning us around so that our car was horizontal to the road and he started firing. Surprisingly his aim was good, the bullets hit the tire, making the car skid. The black SUV which was behind lost control due to the sudden attack and slammed onto the car with busted tires. Because of the high speed it rolled above the first car, hitting the ground with a loud thud, upside down. Without wasting another second Jake slewed to the front of the road. I was about to sit up and shut the door but a Chevrolet with a screaming family inside sped past us, flinging the car door off its hinges.

A gasp escapes past my lips but not because of what happened just now but because I heard a high pitched shriek followed by, "Not my Buggati."

"Did you just-" My sentence was cut short because of the scream that I let out caused by the huge explosion behind us.

I whipped my head in the direction of the sound to see that the SUV that toppled over before was now lit in flames. "Hold on tight." Jake said, baring his teeth and sped down the road.

We drove for about 20 more minutes while I sat there with mouth agape, not letting out a word, still in shock to the turns of events. One question stuck in the back of my mind, where are the cops? It was one big car chase in broad daylight but no police were spotted?

The more important thing to worry about is how you are going to get out of this mess?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the car slowed a bit. We drive into a covered parking lot underneath a quiet shopping complex and pull up next to a silver Toyota Corolla.

"Wait a minute, where are we? Why did you stop? This is nowhere near my house." I kept firing questions but Jake ignored me and got out of the car.

Not wasting any time I followed suit, stomping my way to where Jake was opening the car's trunk. "Will you answer me for God's sake." I demanded. He continued to ignore me and opened one of the two duffel bags stuffed in the back. My mouth hung open to see that the bag was filled with various kinds of weapons.

The realisation hit me like a truck. This is not the Jake that I know. He has been acting all along pretending to be a normal civilian. To think of it now, I never really knew who Jake is, who would have thought that he would be a part of fucking mafia.

Jake took out two guns and tucked them in his jeans and he took the other clicking it and moving towards me. I cowered back in fear untill my back hit the car, my mind was blank still not able to process what went down in the last two hours. I was having trouble standing properly, feeling my legs become jello. Thankfully the car provided me support.

Jake stepped closer now caging me between his body and the car. His hands are on the hood of the car while he bends to get to my level. With his face just few centimetres apart from mine. My eyes were wide, breathing now feeling much more pitched and heavier to inhale into lungs. Seeing everything else blurred except for the man with fluffy brown hair. His face is void of any expression, not giving a glimpse of what is going on in his head. He kept staring at me as if trying to see into my soul.

"I don't know what kind of games you are trying to play. But you being in that club was no coincidence, you knew what kind of a place that was and what was going on there. So stop pretending to be dumb because if you are part of this world then you definitely know, you can't go back home, as we are a walking target right now. Anyone who is slightly aware of the underground won't hesitate to shoot a bullet through your head. So I-" he stopped talking when a choked sob escaped my lips. I didn't even realise when tears slid down my cheeks, I only register the fact that I was crying when it became hard to breathe. I whimpered loudly as more sobs wracked my body.

Stop crying you weak bitch.

"Why are you crying?" He asked annoyed.

"Th-the g-gun." I managed to choke out in between sobs, signaling at the gun in his hand which was pointing at my head.

He backs away immediately, "I didn't mean it, I am sorry."

His attitude is going to give me whiplash. One minute he is all intimidating, pointing a gun at me and the next moment he acts as if he cares.

"Look we don't have much time, we have to keep moving. Now either you can come with me or stay here and figure out your way yourself." He said, passing me his handkerchief and moving to the Toyota Corolla beside us and start hot wiring it.

"Wipe up your mascara, you look like a clown." He commented making me twitch a smile.

"Also burn that hanky. You are so gross, it is covered with your snort." He grimaced.

"What a gentleman insulting me instead of helping me stop crying. And for your information, it is not gross and neither my fault. In the human body our tear duct drains in our nose. So it's only natural that I have a runny nose right now. " I remarked.

"Who said anything about me being a gentleman? But you did stop crying Ms Desperate." He winked at me at the same time the engine roared to life.

"Shut up Jerkface." I mutter sliding into the car while trying to hide the smile that was threatening to break on my face.

××××××××

Hii babies, hope you enjoyed the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Ps. Can I please pretty please get 5 votes🥺

Love you all❤

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

7.5K 251 24
• Friends to enemies to lovers • Dark themes • Situations some readers might find offensive *** Never did I expect to find Trouble in New York (oh...
4.1K 14 20
Trigger warning for the following: -mature content -some strong language -fighting -mentions of abuse Everything was cool. It was fine and normal...
18.1K 786 39
(Final Edits underway. Chapters and some of the story will be changing!) Emma Walker was the new girl in a small town. She was shy, small, and had n...
568 50 16
"Marek, don't do this. Keep your captainship. I'll tell the truth about what happened and we'll both be out of the deal." "But-" "I don't know what y...