It All Started With a Crush|g...

By cherrycadbury

"๐™„ ๐™˜๐™๐™ค๐™ค๐™จ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐™๐™ค๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ, ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฌ, ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ, ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ." Start Date: 19t... More

cast
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11

chapter 8

249 4 0
By cherrycadbury

Shanaya's POV

I inwardly cursed Shayan, as I sighed and sat down dejectedly in an open space next to Gio. I folded my arms over my chest, crossed my legs and tried my hardest to not get up and punch Shayan. Tyler and Josh got a chuckle out of the whole ordeal at my expense.

 "You don't seem very happy." Gio whispered to me. 

 "Thanks a lot Captain Obvious." I grumbled in response.

 "Wanna play FIFA with us Naya? We're gonna start in a minute." Tyler offered.

 "Thanks for asking Tyler but I think five people would kinda mess up rotations and stuff. Plus, I just played for an hour." I declined.

 "You play FIFA? Shayan said that you suck." Gio asked with confusion.

 I raised my eyebrows and turned to look at Shayan who had his head down.

 "Shayan said what now?" I repeated.

 "He said that whenever you two played FIFA, he beats you really badly." Josh verified.

 "Really Shayan? Wanna play now? You verse me." I challenged.

 Shayan gulped and shook his head no. 

 "Tell em the truth Shayan." I ordered.

 He sighed, "Okay so maybe I told a little white lie and my sister happens to be really good, like really really good. I just needed a credible opponent to pretend that I beat." 

 "You're good?" Gio checked.

 I nodded.

 "Let's play then, you and me. One v one." Gio suggested.

"What's the catch?" I questioned with suspicion.

 "No catch. But in order to make this more interesting, if you win, I'll do anything you want, and if I win, you'll do anything I want. Within reason of course." Gio clarified.

"Well I hope you're ready to lose." I smirked.

 "In your dreams." He taunted.

 I rolled my eyes, "Okay well if I win, you need to wear a Bayern kit in public for a whole day." 

 "And if I win, you come to our qualifying game in two days, wearing my jersey." Gio finished.

 "Ugh that's so tacky." I cringed.

 "Kind of the point Naya..." Shayan butted in. 

 "Can you guys play already? I'm waiting to watch Naya beat your ass Gio." Tyler spoke.

 "Please, Gio will crush Naya. I'll bet you 5 bucks." Josh argued.

 "You're on." Tyler agreed to the bet. 

Gio and I just shook our heads while the other two looked at Shayan expectedly.

 "What! I'm not betting, I wanna keep things even. Plus, I'm not in the mood to lose money." Shayan answered.

 The guys shrugged their shoulders and Gio and I began playing. I was playing with Bayern, and him Man City. It would be a lie if I said our game was neck and neck. Gio dominated for most of the game, while I rarely had my moments. At the end of the game, Gio won and I lost. I hate to admit it, but he was an insanely good player. I had the impression he'd suck after watching some interviews where he played video games. I was wrong, I guess. 

"That was a great game Shanaya, really." Gio complimented earnestly.

 I scoffed, "I wanna rematch at the end of my trip here."

 "So you want to see me again?" He smirked.

  I shook my head, "It's not that I want to see you again. It's that I need to see you again so that I may beat your sorry arse." 

 "By the way Naya, who were you playing FIFA with before we came?" Shayan questioned.

 "Oh just Louis." I answered.

"Yo when can I see Louis again?" Shayan asked. 

"Uhm he'll be at the game in two days, so I guess then. He will however be rooting against you." I informed.

 "Why?" Josh jumped in with confusion.

"He's bringing a girl he really likes to the game, and she was raised in Panama. So he'll be rooting for Panama to impress her. He's such a simp sometimes." I explained.

 "So even if the girl he likes is Panamanian, why does he need to root for them?" Tyler spoke.

 "He's trying to get in favour with her family isn't he?" Gio concluded.

  "Correct." I chuckled.

Shayan was still shocked how Louis, one of his great friends could root against him and so he felt very offended, releasing his anger through FIFA. The guys played FIFA for the next hour, i occasionally jumped in to play but mostly sat, observing. As fun as playing FIFA was, I got bored watching it pretty easily. And so I found myself admiring Gio's hair, well I was mostly admiring him. 

You know those instances when you're staring at something and you can't stop? Well, that was happening right now. But me being me, I was trying to be secretive so it didn't look as though I was flat out staring at him. That didn't seem to work very well because when he turned from the television to me, I couldn't bring myself to avert my eyes from him. 

 "Take a picture, it'll last longer." Gio suggested.

 "I'm not staring at you." I muttered.

 "Then what were you doing?" He turned his neck.

 "Looking at your hair. It actually looks pretty nice." I blurted out.

Upon realising what I had just said, my hands flew to clasp my mouth while Gio chuckled. Eventually, we had to say our goodbyes. Shayan and I waited at the door as the other guys went to their adjacent hotel rooms. 

"I'll see you tomorrow Naya!" Josh exclaimed while I gave him a hug. 

"It was great meeting you Naya! I'll see you soon!" Tyler smiled, as we hugged goodbye.

 Shayan had just finished saying goodbye to Gio when he decided to go outside and chat to the other two guys.

 "So. It was nice meeting you. I guess." I initiated the conversation.

  "Yeah. It was nice meeting you I guess." Gio mocked while I let out a laugh.

 "Actually though, I did sort of enjoy your company. Even though you're a huge FIFA sweat." I continued.

 "I agree. Your company wasn't the worst thing in the world. Maybe next time we see each other, I can teach you how to actually play FIFA." He offered.

 I rolled my eyes.

 "Also be on the lookout for something tomorrow." Gio added, winking as he left my sight. 

 **** 

I settled into my bed, as I'd just finished brushing my teeth and my whole night routine. I looked on the other bed to see my brother half asleep with his phone still in hand. I silently walked towards him, put his phone on charge, and tucked him in under the covers.

 "Thanks Naya." He yawned.

 "Yeah yeah. Whatever." I murmured.

 "Check Instagram." He whispered, before falling into a deep sleep.

 His snores engulfed the whole room as I lied back down in my bed. I picked up my phone and checked Instagram, scrolling through my feed, just liking photos. I let out a small laugh when my eyes came across the following post.

@shayan.chak

Liked by @gioareyna, @tyler_adams14, @naya.c and 143,869 others 

@shayan.chak: This is the face of @gioareyna after he surprisingly won against @naya.c in FIFA. All I can say is that the rematch won't be pretty.

Tagged: @gioareyna, @naya.c, @tyler_adams14, @joshsargent 

Comments:

@gioareyna: goddamn what an attractive young fellow

           ↳@shayan.chak: whoever he is, he doesn't hold a candle to me😏

@tyler_adams14: LETS GO. You'll kick his ass next time @naya.c  

           ↳@shayan.chak: she better hope so

           ↳@joshsargent: #TEAMGIOSLAPS

           ↳@naya.c: there's a reason ur my favourite Tyler💓💓

@naya.c: Emphasis on surprisingly won 

           ↳@cmpulisic: I have faith in you. kick his ass next time so we can bully him

           ↳@user24: OKAY THIS HAS TO BE SHANAYA 

           ↳@usmnthighlights: I LOVE YOU SHANAYA❤️

           ↳@naya.c: come coach me pls @cmpulisic 

@erlinghaaland: @gioareyna is a poor example of genz

            ↳@naya.c: all you do is spit facts bestie<3

           ↳@erlinghaaland: happy to be of service @naya.c

           ↳@gioareyna: I feel offended. how tf have you gotten so many players on your side? @naya.c

           ↳@naya.c: @gioareyna idk. Maybe I'm just likeable. You're prob unfamiliar with the concept😃

           ↳@gioareyna: says the one who has a crush on me AND will be wearing my jersey at the game. @naya.c

           ↳@erlinghaaland: he's got you there @naya.c       

           ↳@bvb_fan7: SHE'S WEARING HIS JERSEY OMG

           ↳@jose_lo2: they're definitely dating.

@user7: somebody please tell me you've seen the interaction between gio and @naya.c???

           ↳@username56: and my ship is sailing🛳 

           ↳@football__news: new couple??!?!

           ↳@bao223: I'd say it's time to get your hopes up :D 

That's it for now! Sorry it took so long to update! Remember to comment and vote! See you next time! Also thanks for 200+ reads!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 34.8K 60
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that. -Completed-
1.7M 62.7K 43
" Wtf is wrong with you, can't you sleep peacefully " " I-Its pain..ning d-down there, I can't...s-sleep " " JUST SLEEP QUIETLY & LET ME ALSO SLEEP...
794K 47.9K 120
Y/N L/N is an enigma. An outgoing, cheerful, smiley teenage boy. Happy, sociable, excitable. A hidden gem in the rough of Japan's younger soccer pl...
1M 33.5K 79
"๐™พ๐š‘, ๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š–! ๐šƒ๐š ๐š˜ ๐š•๐š’๐š๐š๐š•๐šŽ ๐š—๐šž๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ๐šœ! ๐™ธ๐š'๐šœ ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข'๐š›๐šŽ...๐š๐š˜๐š™๐š™๐šŽ๐š•๐šรค๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š‘...