The Billionaire Quartet

By AidinWhite

{Book #1 of The Winters Series} Adrian Winters was among the richest children in the United States, along wit... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Nine

Chapter Sixty Eight

3.7K 93 9
By AidinWhite

I sat outside a few days later with a book in my hands while sun beamed down on me.

"Adrian" I hear someone say and look up too see the boys walk out of my living room.

"Hey" I say putting the book down beside me.

"How's sitting on your patio going?" Riley asks.

"Good, I've been able to sit here and do nothing for the past week, though tonight I leave for LA" I say sipping a glass of the iced tea I made.

"Two months in the Hollywood hills sounds amazing" Hunter says.

"Two weeks you guys come out remember" I say.

"You're right".

"Mind if we use the pool".

"Go for it" I say, "I'll join you all" I say peeling off my shirt.

Kate then walks up the steps from the beach, obviously having just finished swimming in the bay.

"Hunter, what's poking me?" Riley jokes and I glare at them both.

"I have a girlfriend calm down" Hunter defends.

"You both do, also before you and Mia dated, I believe your words were my family had model level genes after seeing a picture of Kate" I say.

"What picture was that?" Kate asks walks down the submerged steps into the pool.

"From Waccabuc last summer" I reply diving into the forty by twenty foot pool.

When I surface I swim over to the edge and lean on it.

"Adrian why is your pool so deep" Kate asks, and I look over to see her head and shoulders above the water.

"Because I'm six inches taller then you and didn't want to be half out of my pool half in".

"You're tall as hell compared to me" Kate says.

"You're mom's height I'm dad's" I defend, "blame them for our genetics".

"Do you have any plans for today besides leaving later on tonight?" Riley asks, likely changing the topic to avoid watching us

"Not really no, why did you have an idea".

"We should have a barbecue, besides it would be a nice way to celebrate the start of summer vacation" Hunter suggests.

"Alright what am I making" I say pulling myself out of the pool, and walking across the patio to the living room, and reaching around the corner to where the outdoor interface was and changed the patio heat to fifty.

"Burgers you don't make those often".

"That's because I get elk and venison shipped from Montana" I say opening my hidden freezer, "Now pick one".

"Boujee billionaire" Riley remarks.

"Yeah I am boujee, now make a fucking decision" I say with a laugh.

"Elk" Kate says.

"Thank you" I say pulling out the meat and unpackaging it before mixing it with diced onions, and seasoning, before I make them into balls and flatten them.

I then slid them onto my grill, and shut the lid.

"Anyone want a drink?" Hunter asks looking around.

"Sure" I say, and so does everyone else.

"Make sure Adrian doesn't break his glass" Kate says with an innocent smirk, before I send her an icy glare in return. She then covers her heart feigning hurt.

Yes you're my own sister and I'm glaring at you.

Hunter walked out of my house with several glasses, mine being a half full with whatever he made.

"I chose bourbon for you" Hunter says sitting down one of the benches.

"Perfect".

"Why is it we can drink and no one says a thing about it?" Riley asks taking a sip of what looks live heavily iced Vanilla Vodka.

"Because combined we could buy all of New York" Hunter says.

"Adrian sure could" Kate remarks.

"Kate you know damn well I don't have one point four trillion dollars on tap" I say.

"Winters Group does" she says.

I laugh, "I'm still a year away from being CEO".

"Yeah a year and like two months".

"Okay fair point" I say opening the grill and flipping the patties.

"Could one of you go inside and get my the block of cheese?" I ask.

"I'll get it" Nico says climbing out of the pool.

"Dry off first" I mutter as I get out a cutting board.

After a moment Nico comes out of my house with the cheese, and I quickly cut several slices before setting them on the patties.

I then pick up my glass that was sitting on the countertop and take a sip from it.

"Alright, once the cheese has melted you all can put them on your burger buns" I say walking back inside to get the bag of buns, and condiments.

"Adrian I have a personal question?" Riley asks.

"You just did" Nico says over his glass of wine.

Kate laughs and I just smirk.

"As long as it doesn't break any of my already know barriers sure" I say.

"What principles do you believe in?".

"Stoicism" I say and Riley gives me a confused look.

"It's where one makes the best of every situation given to them remaining calm and focused through the storms of our lives, it is also supposed to embody the principle of simplicity, and only taking what is required to live and survive. Basically it's a lifestyle of optimism, and being calm"

"Sounds like it sums you up".

"I let emotion get in the way of that yesterday night, and on the night of Prom" I say, "that's why I'm going to Los Angeles so that I can become calm again to face whatever challenges I face".

"I mean stress for long periods can't be good for a person no matter who you are or what your mindset it that builds up and you end up needing a break" Hunter says.

"It isn't good for anyone, high stress leads to numerous health issues later on in life" Nico says rather nonchalantly.

"Well that's pleasant, to know that Adrian might die early" Riley says.

"Thanks for that" I say setting the things I grabbed on the counter, "also he doesn't mean like tomorrow he means like mid thirties if I was under constant stress all the time, even basic behavioral patterns change".

"This turned into a neurology study" Hunter mutters

"Well maybe you'll finally learn something of value" I say as I assemble my burger.

"Are you saying I lack the ability to pay attention".

"Yes, he is, and he's not wrong" Kate says.

I love my sister for being like me in this way.

I laugh under my breath, before walking over to one of my lounge chairs.

"I'm just saying, if you spent as much time as you do with Mia on understanding school you might have a higher academic score then you do".

"Okay now you're just calling me an idiot".

"Nope" I say pressing my lips together.

"That's Riley he gets an F or C on most of his work at least there's some high B's on yours".

"Since we're on the topic of being an idiot, who goes into a building without a weapon filled with over a dozen gang members with gun's" Riley says.

"I was dressed in all black, they couldn't even see me" I say.

"Oh yes, because none of them noticed you walk in" Hunter says.

"He's the quietest walker in history" Nico points out.

"He used to sneak out and go to the roof at night" Kate says.

"I would, I slept up there because I liked the feeling of wind, and cool night air" I admit.

"Scared mom and dad, because they didn't know where you went, the first time they almost called search and rescue".

"Yes, then they yelled at me before hugging me".

"I'm pretty sure I threw a pillow at you" Kate says.

"I caught it with one hand, then being the little seven year old you were you thought it wasn't fair that I could catch it with one hand and you couldn't".

"They both told you to not show off".

"That's because you were the favourite child" I state.

"You make it sound like they ignored you Mr. I own dad's Carrera GT".

"Wait that was your dad's?" Riley asks.

"Yes it's one of the sentimental things I own from my parents, also Kate's right, we're favourite children to certain parents I was really close with my dad, whether it seemed like it or not I was, so technically you can day I have a CGT because of 'daddy's money', as fucking cringey as that sounds" I say.

"We both have our lifestyles because of our parents so not that it matters too much" Kay says.

"Fair point' I say before beginning to eat my burger.

After a while pale grey clouds began to cover the sky in all directions, and I smirk.

"You're the only person I've met who enjoys rain" Kate says.

"Olivia likes rain too, also you've lived in LA for too long, it's making you think rain is a bad thing" say getting up from my chair and walking inside.

"I need a shower, then I can go tell Olivia I'm leaving" I say putting my plate in the dishwasher before walking towards the stairs.

"Alright, don't take too long I want to be in the air back to LA by six PM" Kat calls after me.

"Kate it's two in the afternoon" I say with a laugh.

"Yeah and it's an hour drive to NYC" she replies.

"And I do ten over the speed limit anyways" I laugh before disappearing down the hallway.

Walking into my bedroom, I cross the large expanse of my room to the bathroom, before undressing and getting in.

Once I have washed the chlorine from my pool off my body, I get out and pull on a pair of black jeans, before going downstairs where everyone has already congregated.

"Your shirt's on the counter" Hunter says pointing.

"Thanks" I say walking over and pulling the half sleeved shirt over my head, before walking back upstairs to do my hair.

I then grabbed my black overcoat, and pulled it on, before grabbing the key to my Ferrari 812 Superfast.

Walking out of my house, I go down to the garage, and walk over to my chosen Ferrari.

Getting in, I start the car, before driving up the ramp, and down the driveway. As I get out of my gate, I speed up, so that I can go to Olivia's work to drop off the hand written card I had for her, and a bouquet of flowers most likely white and red roses.

That might seem counter intuitive but I am more then aware of what roses in that scheme mean. I'm also not saying goodbye forever, because there's a good chance I will see her in a few weeks, mostly because the group will drag her to LA, which gives me two weeks to ground myself, and forgive myself for letting her be taken.

As I pass the marker leading into Queens I stop at a florist's.

Walking into the store, I see a bubbly looking woman in her early twenties tending to a hanging basket of flowers.

"Excuse me" I say softly, because I am aware of how controlling my voice cam sound.

She then turns and smiles at me, "Hello, what can I help you with".

"I placed an order for a dozen white and red rose's" I say putting my hands in my jean pockets.

"Ah yes, I talked to you on the phone" she says rushing off to the back before coming out with the Rose's in a frosted glass vase.

"Thank you, they look lovely" I say with a small smile.

"You're welcome, that will be a hundred twenty dollars".

I then pull out my card and pay, before taking the vase in one hand.

"Have a good day" I bid, before pushing open the door and walking over to my car.

I then put the flowers in the trunk.

Thank God it's in the back, and I actually have space for them.

After getting back into the car, I drive to Olivia's work, while light rain falls over all of NYC.

Eventually I get to the correct location and spot Olivia's white Porsche. Parking behind her vehicle, I get out of the car, and take the flowers out of the back, before slipping the card in the well placed holder in the middle, before crossing the street and walk pulling open the door, which luckily has no one to see what I am doing.

I wanted it to seem like a more intimate and private gift rather then one for dozens of people to see.

Spotting Olivia's coworker Sam I believe was her name, I set the vase on the counter.

"Please tell Olivia these are for her" I request, and Sam nods, before I turn and walk out of the door.

Goodbye bellissima, I love you.

Alright one more chapter after this, it's sad I know the next chapter will only emphasize that, also comment vote and share, I appreciate it every time one of you does. Anyways

Peace✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 29.8K 43
Highest rankings: #1 in Rich 17 December 2018 and #1 in Player 31 December 2018 Alexander Evans is studying a degree in Medicine. All she has to do t...
307K 10.4K 62
[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. "Yes," I nodded. She immediately broke o...
2.9K 199 61
It had been one year since Adrian Winters ascended to the position of CEO of Winters Group, and had begun building a reputation of his own to break f...
65.1K 1.2K 26
The New York Elites, is a teen fiction based on a group of 6 friends navigating their way through the social rankings as well as finding love and new...