Elysium | Zhong Chenle

By rainygal_16

"You've all studied Greek mythology at some point in your life. Ever wondered why it was so important?" "They... More

➶characters
➶1
➶2
➶3
➶4
➶5
➶6
➶7
➶8
➶9
➶10
➶11
➶➶➶
➶12
➶13
➶14
➶15
➶16
➶17
➶18
➶19
➶20
➶21
➶22
➶24
➶ 25
➶26
➶27
➶28

➶23

289 21 3
By rainygal_16

➶➶➶
"The rain is the only to sew up the line between the sky and the sea
Taking our longing as if it were a necklace and stringing them together as raindrops
But I'd rather be alone then have you cry until your eyes turn red"
- Horizon, WayV
➶➶➶

Eventually the nurse did arrive, relieving April of staying by Chenle's side. She got up and left with a smile, some part of her not wanting to leave him, and the other part of her going into panic mode and wanting to sprint out of there for literally no reason.

Jisung had asked her a million questions with his eyes as soon as she sat down in her first class, but she'd ignored them all, waving them off with her hand. Dealing with Zhong Chenle himself had left her exhausted after all.

Though, she thought, plopping her head down on her desk, if we put aside all of my pride...it really wasn't that bad.

The Chenle she was used to was closed up and rude. He was annoying and never listened to anyone. He was terrible.

"He's really much better when he's sick," April whispered, which made Jisung look down at her weirdly from his seat next to her.

The rest of the day dragged on, Chenle being absent from every class he shared with her. April hadn't been able to focus on anything throughout the day, which was entirely unfair since she couldn't understand why she cared at all.

She walked out to the back of the school at the end of the day, meeting up with everybody else as they waited for the bus to come and whisk them away to their after school demigod training session.

"What's got you so distracted?" Jisung asked, at the end of his patience. "All day I've been cleaning up for you since so you're absent minded. I think I deserve to know why."

"What do you mean 'cleaning up' after me?" April asked, snapping out of it just before she walked into the middle of the road without looking both ways. "I haven't made any messes?"

Jisung blinked at her once before opening his mouth and letting out a string of all the things she did.

"You left your textbook in the history classroom and I had to carry it out for you, you ripped the cover off your novel book and I had to apologize and ask the teacher for a new copy, (thankfully she let it go without a fine), you never turned off the flame we used in science and almost burned down the building, you got called on in math and started talking about sunflowers and I had to shut you up-"

"Okay, okay, I get it," April said, covering her ears.

"You might feel embarrassed now, but at least you weren't aware of it during the moment," Jisung huffed, "I had to witness every part of it and save you."

"Well, I'm sorry, my lord," April said, rolling her eyes.

"At least you said it, no matter how insincere it was," Jisung replied, rolling his own right back.

The bus drove up alongside them as he said that, April absentmindedly looking around her to see if Chenle was there or not. After noticing that he was not present, she smacked herself in the forehead to stop thinking about him.

"What?" Jisung asked, slightly alarmed. "What now?"

"Nothing, get on the bus," April said, pushing him forward.

They both climbed on the bus, Renjun, Jaemin, and Jeno following behind them. The three of them also gave April a weird look or two, but they figured that Jisung had it under control. Besides they didn't want their reputations to be dragged down by her.

Jisung shoved April on the inside of one of the seats in the front, sitting on the outside and making sure they were far enough away from everybody else to not cause a world crisis.

"I'm not like...some crazy person, okay?" April grumbled. "Don't look at me like that."

Jisung rolled his eyes, sitting down. The bus started to roll away, but then suddenly jerked to a stop, April cursing as she was flung back in her seat. She would have stood up and said more cursed to the driver himself, but Jisung pushed her back in her seat firmly.

The doors opened again, April letting her mouth hang wide open as Zhong Chenle stepped in. He was out of breath and looked like he was on the brink of passing out again, but nodded at the bus driver politely before falling into the seat next to April and Jisung, purely because it was in the front and he didn't have to walk far.

"Is...is he okay?" Jisung asked, sending bewildered glances between the two of them. "Are you okay? Why are you making that face?"

"I'm sorry, Sung," April said, reaching her hand last the boy's unreasonably large frame to try and get to Chenle, "If you would just let me...smack him...just real quick-"

"Uhm no," Jisung said, easily grabbed her hands and pushing her back to her spot. "No. Bad April."

"I'm not a dog?"

"I don't know how else to control you right now!"

April and Jisung continued bickering, arguing and occasionally hitting each other, until they really did look like siblings.

"For the sake of Zeus, can you two shut up?" Chenle finally spoke up, his slightly misty eyes snapping open towards them.

April and Jisung stopped at once, staring at him with a strange look.

"For the sake of..." April started.

"Zeus?" Jisung finished.

Chenle squinting at them as if he didn't understand why they were pointing that out, and then quickly widened his eyes, covering his mouth with one.

"I don't know why I said that," he stammered out quickly, "I've never said that before. I don't think I've ever even heard that before."

"Weirdo," April said, after a moment of silence. "Anyway, why are you here? You're clearly sick. Contagious even. You should go home."

"No, I need to talk to Mark...or someone," Chenle explained, looking far away for a second before pulling himself back in quickly. "But why are you asking, you have nothing to do with me. We have nothing to do with each other."

"Oh yeah sure, quest mate," April said, rolling her eyes.

The bus was covered in an eery silence, both Jisung and Chenle looking at April with wide, almost terrified eyes.

"...what?" Chenle asked.

"Quest. Mate." April repeated.

"What?" Chenle asked again, his voice rising.

"Me and you, life threatening quest, remember?" April said, "We made a deal. And it's not like I care about your life."

Chenle stayed confused (and freaked out) for a fairly large amount of time, before he seemed to remember, looking even more horrified.

"No," he gasped, "no, no, no, I did not say that, please that was just a weird dream-"

"No," April said, grinning, "It happened."

It was at this moment that Chenle leaned back into his seat, covered his face, and let out a muffled scream. April, on the other hand, beamed so brightly it was like Apollo had touched her with the sun.

So uh hi 😃
It's been a minute

Sorry that the first chapter in months is a filler chapter but imma try and get another one out today, my update schedule will still be nonexistent, and I'm sorry, but I just got a lot of shit going on

I still enjoy writing though, and am still  attached to the books on here and my characters so dw, I won't disappear completely, I'll just run away for periods of time

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

433K 12.9K 47
"What's with all the no- god! Why are you always shirtless?!" "Nothing you haven't seen before." ✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃ Internal Noise ▶︎ in·ter·na...
23.1K 213 18
NCTXReader fanfictions Includes fluff, smut, a bit of angst too Mention of strong languages, traumas, or traumatic words read only if you're comfort...
24.8K 1K 20
°You and I 나의 바다 포근한 품 I will dive into you~ Once upon a time, there was a girl name Y/n L/n who got bullied by the most popular boys in school 7Drea...
14.9K 488 40
✓ ! MAFIA AU ! Don't lose your heart to a Dragon. You might never get it back. If you do, you'll find that there are scars that don't heal, wounds...