Our Mission

By RoseAuth0r

[MAJOR EDITING] Aside from her breathtaking beauty and desirable personality the young spy Isabella Garcia i... More

BEFORE READING
* Characters *
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
AESTHETE

Chapter 33

55.1K 830 1K
By RoseAuth0r

- Isabella's POV -

"Come on! Again!"

The trainer, I've been dealing with for the past fucking week yells in my face as he pats the side of the punching bag.

It's been a week. A fucking week waking up at five in the morning to train. Train for what? I don't know, I'm still trying to figure that out.

When Lorenzo mentioned training I thought of simple workouts to keep me in shape. I couldn't tell if he meant it as an insult that I've gained a few pounds or if it had to do with my lack of fighting these past months.

Whichever he meant resulted in my original thought of workouts to be far off because this man has me practicing self-defense like I haven't killed or hurt people with my hands.

I raise the back of the boxing glove to my forehead, pushing away the wet baby hairs out of my face. It's barely six in the morning but I only have two more hours left of this bullshit.

You got this Isabella.

Bringing my hands back into position, I throw a jab. I use a small fraction of my energy into the hit, the heavy sound of the iron chains rattling along with the heavy bag.

"Can I fight a person? Not a stiff bag?" I groan, "it'll be more realistic Rafael."

He stares at me blankly. Even though his expression is giving me nothing I can sense he's starting to become irritated by my presence. At least the feelings are mutual.

"C'mon, please," I push.

His dark brown eyes look around the room, as he turns away from me. I watch as he walks away and his extremely loud and obnoxious howling whistle catches the attention of Valerie's trainer.

They go back and forth speaking in Italian. My brain trying to understand what the fuck they're saying and why they keep looking at Valerie and I.

Don't tell me. Shit.

"In the ring, " Rafael says in English, turning his head over his shoulder then jerking it in the direction of a large empty leveled box.

I should be happy he's letting me do this but I'm now dreading it. My feet struggle to move like weights are holding them down, keeping them from moving.

Eventually, I walk extremely slow up the wooden steps bending over to fit my body through the padded ropes wrapped around.

Maybe punching bags aren't so bad?

When I'm finally in, Valerie is already standing by the far corner close to her coach. She's speaking to him, her back hunch and her tied up hair is out of place.

I practically plead, "Rafael you can't have me fight an amateur." my expression stern. He's giving me what I asked for and now I don't want it. "Raf."

He pats my sweaty shoulder and leans down to my level, "Don't underestimate your friend. You'll be surprised by her progress." he says bringing a water bottle to my lips, I open my mouth and let him squeeze the cold liquid down my dried throat.

He can't compare my years of training to her week of training. It's ridiculous for him to even make this decision. I wonder if Valerie is thinking the same or if she is excited because from what I can tell she seems exhausted.

I need to let my build up anger out, I need a break from something still, I need something, or someone willing to fight me with the same building anger.

I let Rafael slide the headgear on before Valerie and I meet in the middle of the large box. We tap the ends of our gloves and she looks more than ready to fight, not a single worry roaming her mind.

I sway on my feet, my whole body shakes as I let the jitters go along. Taking a deep breath I find a comfortable stance, keeping my elbows down and chin tucked. I keep my eyes on Valerie, every single movement she makes.

Without a warning, using my front left leg, turning my right shoulder and hip while raising the right elbo, I throw a jab at her side.

Her body jerks, surprised but taking the hit well. We go on throwing soft hits all over each other. This isn't a way to take our anger out but a way to learn how to work our bodies. I think it's pointless.

A throb pounce my head when Valerie's patted fist meets my headgear, causing a pain to squeeze around my skull.

For a second my world is spinning wildly. I feel like I'm on a teacup ride at six flags.

"Holy shit, I didn't mean that Issy! Just the big bald guy told me to do what he taught me!"

"He's scary as shit!"

The three sentences come out clear and shaky but after that I can't understand a single word she says. She goes on and on and eventually we're on the ground.

I watch and try my best to dissect her hurried words. I sit across from her slowly coming in and out of focus until it's finally silent.

"Isabella?"

I blink out of my lost stare and turn to look at her.

"I heard you. They're Lorenzo bitches so try not to worry much okay?" I laugh and lowered my voice to a whisper. "Anyways you pretty much almost beat my ass so I'm almost sure you'll manage them if anything happens."

That brings a smile to her tired face. "Hm, you think so?" She says sarcastically, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and giving me a light squeeze.

I'm know so but I don't tell her because she's aware that she can.

"Hey! Get your asses up!"

Valerie and I both turn around to see a heated Rafael and her bald trainer who looks just as upset. We both look at each other then bring our hands up to flip them off.

"Fuck off!" We yell back and almost break out laughing.

We both get up from our sitting positions and go our separate ways. I'm done training for the day or just in general. The workouts I do on my own are more effective than this shit. Anyways what is Rafael going to do?

I walk over to the bench, reach down to my bag and pull out a chill water bottle. Screwing off the lid I take a long swig before throwing it back into the bag.

I recollect my hair and retie the hair band making sure to pull the ends of my ponytail so it becomes tighter. I never been a fan of loose ponytails or hairstyles in general.

It's disappointing how I even considered listening to Lorenzo's stupid demand. The last time I checked I don't owe him shit. He kidnapped me again, he brought this upon himself.

He knew I wouldn't have approved because I don't fucking need him. I don't fucking need anything he has to offer. Besides it's his men who need training.

"Training isn't over Isabella."

Speaking of the devil.

"It's over when I decide it is." I say, yanking off my boxing gloves and shoving them into the compartment they're stored in.

When I turn around Lorenzo is standing just a few feet away from me. His strong arms rest over his chest, he wears a black fitted tank with a pair of grey sweats that hang just below his defined V.

The room is dead silent and everyone is gone. It's just me and the man I can't stand the most. Amazing.

He takes a breath and exhales. "That wasn't the deal."

My eyes roll and I shake my head. It seems like my patience has gotten thin since I arrived here.

I take a step towards him and he doesn't bother to move and stays planted. He smells refreshing like he's just showered but he's drier than a grandma's pussy.

"Deal? We've never made a deal Lorenzo. You took me unwillingly and have me working my ass off and when I decide I've had enough you get upset because you expect me to adjust with the snap of your fucking fingers?!" I yell taking a closer step.

"You have me trapped in this place, completely clueless like I'm a child who needs their daddy to save the day."

My breathing is hard and my sweat from earlier is the only thing keeping my body cool. Lorenzo is stiff, listening to everything I'm saying without interrupting once and feels nice. Well, coming from him at least.

"But if we're being honest, you know you didn't do this only for that bullshit promise of protecting me," I pause to recollect myself. "You wanted me here with you regardless of how miserable you know it makes me."

When I finish my rant or speech, whatever that was, I notice our face only a few inches away. Our hard breathing chest brush against another and I pause there only for a moment before moving away.

Was I harsh? Maybe but I don't care. I can't stay silent about what was happening because what would that have done? Absolutely nothing aside causing me stress.

I'm tired of being someone's puppet. I spent months to get back to who I am and I'm not going to lose the grip I have on myself for some playboy.

It feels like an eternity until Lorenzo sighs, "That's not true Isabella."

After everything I said that's all he has to say? Did my words my go through one ear and out the other or what?

"Tell me then. What is the truth Enzo?"

His stiff body relaxes, his wide shoulders fall, and his eyes fall towards the ground like he's been defeated. "I'll tell you everything eventually cara. Please, just give me time."

I stare at him unable to come up with anything to say. It's shocking seeing him calm at my outburst instead of yelling and arguing back at me.

His voice was soft, fragile almost and not because he wanted to talk to me softly like if I'm a kid but because he's hurt? I could be thinking too much into it but we all have our own problems to deal with.

"We don't have all the time in the world." I say, moving past him making sure to nudge the side of his body, hard.

I'm drenched in sweat and my body is aching. A nice bath and nap is screaming my name and spending that time here with him is wasteful.

His hand wraps around my upper arm and I stop in my steps. Pulling myself from his grip as I turn to him giving him a 'what do you want now' look.

He smiles and I want to throw up. Then he jerks his head towards the ring, "Let's go a round? I can see how much you want to beat my ass right now."

"It's not a secret. This past week everyone could see how much I wanted to beat the living shit out of you."

I wrap my arms around my exposed stomach that is bubbling with anticipation. Two people filled with heavy emotions and a boxing ring just a few meters away.

"Show me what you learned this past week Isabella."

________________

I watch Mauricio rub his cheekbone with his thumb in slow circular motions. I have to bite down on my tongue to keep myself from laughing.

"Lorenzo, I think you have a little something on your face." Mauricio calls out of the open door of the limousine.

When Lorenzo reaches the door, he lowers himself and gives Mauricio a tight smile then touches his cheeks cautiously.

"Really?" He asks almost like he didn't know. I could tell he's being sarcastic but Mauricio and Sergio lack common sense.

I watch their body's shake as they hold in their amusement. It's obvious that Lorenzo see's it too because he's quick to hit both of the sides of their heads and call them idiots.

To clear things, Lorenzo and I did end up fighting more than boxing in the ring. I let out everything that was building inside of me and he did too from what I can tell.

I left marks on him and I did offer to cover them with concealer but he declined so it sounds like a personal problem now.

The limousine door finally shuts and the car begins to move. The reason the five of us are in a limousine leaving The Russo estate at ten in the evening is because there is business needed to be taken care of.

"Ellos actúan como niños. Siento que estoy cuidando niños." Valerie mutters under breath and I smile because I feel the same way. [Translation: They act like children. I feel like I'm babysitting.]

"Cuéntame sobre eso." [Translation: Tell me about it.]

Other then the fact that we're going out with them and the lack of enthusiasm I have for tonight, I love my outfit.

A beautiful deep blue dress that reaches the floor with a slit that stops at my high thigh. I also have a white fur scarf wrapped around my bare shoulders and covering my cleavage. My hair is curled and part to the side so my Diamond earrings are shown. They match my glittery silver heels.

I haven't dressed up this fancy and gone out somewhere nice since being with Lorenzo. Ever since I was let go, I always kept things simple and didn't bother going to extravagant places.

I reach over and grab a bottle of expensive champagne from the mini bar. It's a bad idea but I shake the bottle then peel off the gold foil and metal cage. When I'm about to unscrew the cork, it explodes and flys.

The bottle over flows with foam and bring my mouth to the bottle to drink as much of the citrus cherry to keep it from spilling anymore.

"Fucking bitch! Holy fucking shit!"

Yeah this definitely didn't process fully in my head. I've seen things like this happen in movies and I thought it was fake. How was I supposed to know without trying?

Taking a few more sips I finally place the bottle back down and grab a few napkins on the side to wipe my hands. When I'm finish I turn around to Sergio holding a napkin full of ice on his eye.

A person who did that would usual break out into worry. Automatically apologizing and coming up with excuses for their actions. I, on the other hand pour myself a glass and lean into my chair watching Mauricio assist Sergio.

If anything this is what he deserves and worse for his bitchy attitude towards me. I don't feel any pity for the pain that cork did to his eye.

Stirring the alcohol in its glass I look back at the commotion. Lorenzo finally took his attention off his phone and Valerie is just softly chuckling, Mauricio is asking if he needs for more ice and Sergio is telling him to fuck off.

Turning away, I bring the glass to my lips and a small smile pulls onto my face, "Next time don't be in the way."

Sergio let's put a low huff and I could hear the chuckles coming from the other three. I'm proud to lighten the mood for almost everyone.

"You have a cut on your cheek and I'm five minutes away from a black eye." Sergio says to Lorenzo as if he didn't already know.

It's funny knowing how ten minutes ago he was laughing at Lorenzo for that cut only to get something equally bad happen to him and by the same person.

I finish the glass of champagne and place it back on the bar. I lean back and close my eyes and roll my neck around, "you'll be fine, keep the ice on." I sigh.

Sergio will be fine, eventually. Not today of course and the ice will keep it from swelling but that bruise will make itself clear on his face.

The long seat I'm sitting on dips and the rich cologne smell invades my space. Why couldn't I go a ride or just a night without this man harassing me?

"I think we work better as a team then enemies Isabella, Don't you?" He whispers against my ear.

Blinking my eyes open, I ask, "What are you purposing Russo? That we become partners like Bonnie and Clyde?"

I almost want to laugh, his ideas never fail to amuse me. Sitting up from my laid back position and turning my body towards him, I stare him down.

He's wearing a deep blue suit that matches my dress. His dark hair is tousled and his facial hair is trimmed. He looks like a man full of himself and it disgusts me.

"Yes," Lorenzo restrains a smile, "yes, like Bonnie and Clyde."

Leaning in, I let my manicured hands run down his shoulders until they reach his silk tie. I twist my fingers around, yanking it so he'll come closer to me.

"Mhm, there's just one problem though." I hum into his ear.

"Yeah? And what's that?"

"I don't like you. I rather much die."

____________________

Well thankfully Valerie brought a few makeup products to cover Sergio's black eye.

I'm on my fourth glass of a Dry Martini. My ears burning for the past hour listening to Lorenzo and his associates chat about business.

It seems like Mr. Russo hasn't fixed everything since he's returned. It makes me question how fast after escaping he decided to kidnapped me. Did he put me and my safety before his business?

I'm startled when Valerie places her warm palm onto my naked thigh. I'm glad that I was seated besides her even though Lorenzo is still sitting to my right.

"So, what do we do?" She asks in a low tone, she keeps her eyes on the men ahead of us before taking a sip of her drink.

She's inexperienced and I'm going to teach her everything I know. She's strong but she can be stronger and smarter. I don't want her to ever feel the need to depend on men especially if they're involved in this type of business.

But once your in it, there's no getting out.

I might not like Lorenzo but I know what he's capable of. I rather cooperate with him than the men across from us. It'll cause less harm for the both of us.

I lean besides her, "Just listen and stay alert." I say low so only she can hear. I then raise my hand to motion the waitress to our table.

I'm on my fifth drink and praying the the alcohol could eventually hits me so I can relax a bit. Being surrounded by these men irks my soul. It's so displeasing.

I stay silent and so does Valerie as we listen to the men talk numbers, shipment, and money. The amount of drugs being brought in and out of the country is shocking but I'm aware. The money, so much fucking money being made is insane and they speak like if it were only spare change found on the street.

I tap my fingers on the bright green fabric. The chips clinking together and cards being shuffled, all these things being prepared for a round of poker.

A hand covers my fidgeting fingers and pulls them down onto my thigh. They're rough just like Lorenzo's and I look to my side, his face is only a few inches away from mine.

His hand lets go of my fingers and instead of pulling away he travels them to my knees. He gives me a light squeeze, his eyes looking deep into mine and it's hard to breathe.

"Slow down." He rasps in a low tone. It rubs off like a warning, a caution to not test him.

I slap his hand off of me and finish the last bit of the burning liquid down my throat, still keeping my eyes on his. After slamming down the glass, I raise my hand once again to order another.

I don't need him threatening me over alcohol. I know when I've had too much and I know when to stop when I need to. I'm not a lightweight.

"Be careful when speaking to me. I won't think twice about shoving a bullet up your ass." I move my dress to the side, showing off the gun attached by a lace garter.

His eyes flash down, his pupils dilating in surprised. A grin making its way on his face and he places his hand over his mouth to muffle his deep chuckle.

"Oh? Non metterei alla prova la tua fortuna." He mutters, opening his suit jacket to show me his Glock strapped to his side. [Translation: Oh? I wouldn't test your luck.]

"I-"

"Good shit," the man across the table interrupts. He wipes the white dust off his nose with his sleeve. "Have some Enzo." He offers pushing a glass platter of cocaine towards him.

I stare at the side of Lorenzo's head. He shakes his head signaling a no to the mans offer. I know he doesn't do drugs, well it's rare for him. He usually sticks to alcohol.

"C'mon," he presses, "have some fun. Let loose for once."

And that's all it takes for him. A little pushing. A little motivation to do drugs. I could be making a big deal out of this but who wouldn't?

I've done a lot of sacrifices for my jobs. A ton that could've led to addictions or my death. I knew how to adjust and improvise in almost every situation that I've been through.

This isn't my job.

"Just go with it Valerie." I say hurriedly.

"What-"

I yank the glass straw out of Lorenzo's hand before he began something he'll regret. Bringing the glass up to me I spill a bit of the powder onto Valeries chest.

I could feel the daggers stabbing my back. The fiery gaze I'm receiving from Lorenzo and the disbelief coming from the others. I won't let it stop me though.

Valerie's chest rises and lowers in a unsteady pattern. My fingers are still as I line up the white powder into a straight line. Taking a deep breath, I lower my head down and bring the glass straw to my nostril.

This is fucking crazy.

I close one nostril and begin to inhale through the other. It burns like fire but the whistles, subtle claps and catcalling is all I needed to keep going.

When I finish the line, I dust the left over down Valerie's chest then wipe the remainder on my nose with my thumb.

I put the glass straw and tray back down onto the table and adjust into my seat like nothing just happened. The men have sick smirks spread across their faces, Sergio, Mauricio, and Valerie are shocked. Not expecting me to do that.

I want to look at Lorenzo but the air we share is thick. It's frightening to see the look he has on his face that I resist the urge.

The man across asks, "Do you like it?"

No. I don't fucking like it. It's horrible.

I tilt my head and nod. A fake grin spreads on my face, "I love it." I lie.

The hard body sitting next to me stiffens. The Diamond glass grasped in their large hand shakes with the pressure.

I keep the grin steady knowing that'll I'll never do that shit again and that there was nothing to worry about. I can handle it.

"Never get high on your own supply. Have you learned nothing from Scarface?" I mumble, stepping the heel of my shoe onto Lorenzo's foot.

"Plenty." He grits out of his clenched teeth. He sounds angry by my actions but when isn't he? His foot backs away only to kick my ankle and I let out a groan.

Everyone continues on with their conversation and the game of poker. With every second, minute, my body eases, their voices, the background music, the chips clinking all become clear and sharp.

Every inch of me tingles like a electric shock.

"E tu? Bella signora." [Translation: And you? Beautiful lady.]

I glance at Mauricio, his jaw clenched when he pushes the tray away from Valerie. His eye shooting cold daggers at the bald man.

He shakes his head, "no, nessuno per lei." [No, none for her.]

....................................................................
Don't forget to vote <3

I hoped you enjoyed today's chapter!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the late update, I've been having a writers block.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 12.8K 56
"I don't want to eat." His eyes narrow a fraction of an inch, but at this point I don't even care if I piss off the great Cavallaro. Last night was...
3M 75.9K 92
"WAIT!? YOU SOLD ME?" - "You are mine, Emily... You belong to me" he whispers in my ear and then kisses me. I feel electricity through my whole body...
20.3K 653 37
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
1.1M 26.2K 87
Jasmine Petrova I downed a shot of tequila, allowing the burning liquid to slide down my throat and settle in my stomach. I deserved to have some fun...