Child Soldier

By HadesStygian

Tommy must be broken in order to be mended to Dream's liking. A faux friendship crafted from manipulation and... More

Chapter 1; Nightmare
Chapter 2; Friendship?
Chapter 3; Frostbitten
Chapter 4; Refuge
Chapter 5; An Unlikely Friend
Chapter 6; Stubborn Creatures
Chapter 7; Nurture vs. Nature
Chapter 8; Lessons
Chapter 9; Home
Chapter 10; Curiosity Kills
Chapter 11; Brothers
Chapter 12; Opening
Chapter 13; Check
Chapter 14; Checkmate
Chapter 15; The Calm
Chapter 16; The Eye
Chapter 17; The Storm
Chapter 18; Creature Comforts
Chapter 20; Regret
Chapter 21; Hello my Old Heart

Chapter 19; Rivals

1.1K 35 30
By HadesStygian

My twt is @HadesTrades, I post updates on delays or reschedules there, follow to keep updated!

CW; Mild gore,

Dream and Techno made it far enough out from the snow biome that they were just barely able to avoid the oncoming blizzard. Which Dream was grateful for. It would have been such a nuisance if they'd ended up behind because of the storm.

He wondered how Tommy was doing and if the boy was staying out of trouble while he was away. It seemed impossible for the kid to keep from stumbling into some dumb consequence whenever he strayed far from Dream's side. Tommy was too mischievous for his own good.

Dream chuckled softly under his breath as he thought of the kid and his inevitable antics.

He looked back at Techno and noticed the man following close behind. Wasn't exactly much for a conversational partner, but the air had been thick between them ever since they'd had that exchange before they left. Dream felt as though he should say something, perhaps address the topic from earlier to clear the air about it. Perhaps he could put Techno at ease; it wasn't as if Dream was hurting Tommy with no purpose.

"You know it's for his own good," Dream finally spoke up, and Techno looked over at him. He didn't know what Dream was on about at first, having been lost in his thoughts. When he realized they were back on the topic of Tommy however, he frowned.

"What is?" Techno asked, wanting to hear the answer from Dream himself. Get him to admit what exactly he'd been doing to Tommy. As if Techno needed any clearer of a picture at this point.

"Just, being stern. You know," Dream turned toward him while he spoke. "He's really stubborn. I've been protecting him, but he's pretty bad at listening."

"So, you just hit him to keep him in line? Dream, I think we both know that's absurd to try and justify," Techno stated. He crossed his arms over his chest as he tried not to become outwardly frustrated with Dream's train of thought on the matter.

"It's more like... When a parent spanks their kid, I guess," Dream explained, turning away from Technoblade again. "He's the kind of bratty kid that needs strict discipline, or he'll never learn. You saw how he was before."

"Dream, I suggest you stop talking. Let's just get this fight over with," Techno grit his teeth, shaking his head to himself. So that's how Dream was justifying it to himself? Disciplining a stubborn kid. Techno could scoff at that.

It wasn't discipline.

Techno didn't know anything about raising a child- admittedly- but he had a pretty good idea Dream didn't either. Discipline didn't involve tying a kid up with rope and making him trudge through ankle deep snow in nothing more than a raggedy t-shirt, jeans full of holes, and one shoe.

Discipline wasn't leaving Tommy to the point he was unconscious and covered in burns and lacerations, before finally helping him.

"You'd understand if you had to deal with him," Dream told Techno plainly.

Dream decided to scout ahead, and put some distance between himself and Techno. He didn't want to continue the conversation any more than Techno did at this point. The man clearly didn't get it. Tommy was a handful and a half. He required an iron fist and strict rules with harsh punishments for disobeying.

It was the only thing that worked.

Dream was still nice of course. When Tommy deserved it, he took good care of the boy. Especially as of recently. Tommy had been eager to follow orders, and rarely had any moments of defiance anymore. It was unfortunate that they had that exchange right before he left, and especially in front of Techno.

He'd need a stern talking to when Dream got back.

"So what's the plan, Dream?" Techno asked. Dream glanced back at him and began to slow his pace again. His hands tucked into his pockets. "I mean, after all this of course."

"Ah," Dream removed both hands from his pockets and crossed an arm over his chest, cracking his shoulder with a satisfying 'pop'. "Well, Tommy and I will split, probably head further north. We'll set up a base there. End goal is to take the land L'manberg stood on and make it permanently uninhabitable. Dominate the greater SMP, establish power... Y'know, everything you're against."

Dream flashed Techno a grin from beneath his mask and Techno scowled back.

"Then why are you telling me?" Techno requested. He set a hand on his waist, the opposite resting against the hilt of his axe. Not as a threat, more as a subconscious comfort.

"Techno, you and I..." Dream trailed off as he took a moment to think carefully on what he would say next. "We'll always be rivals, Techno. I don't expect friendship from you. I never did. At the end of the day we're both warriors."

Dream turned fully toward Techno, walking backward as he outstretched his arms, a grin spreading wide across his face. "May the best warrior win."

Techno analyzed his adversary for a long second. Thinking this statement over. Perhaps this was always to be their fate, perhaps they were always to be against one another. Never brothers in arms. Rivals until the end.

"May the best warrior win, Dream," Techno echoed back.

------

Tommy hadn't expected Dream to be gone as long as he was. Maybe a day or two, but by the third day, and then the fourth, he was growing more and more antsy.

He kept himself busy most of the time. Phil always had something to do and he was eager to help. Anything to get his mind off of when Dream would be returning, or to give him a task so he didn't stray into any trouble.

Things were relatively quiet around the cabin. Aside from the antics that the three would get into. Sapnap and Tommy were often causing trouble together, playing pranks on Phil or getting into light-hearted spats. Chasing each other through the nether like kids, one another shouting out to each other.

"Oo-ooh, Tommy!"

"Oo-oooooh, Sapnap!"

Followed by shrill laughter when they found the others hiding spot, engaging in some friendly sparring. Every now and then they'd get caught up in Ghast battles and go about slaying other creatures of the hellish terrain, mostly for the fun of it.

Some nights they spent building blanket forts in the living room. Tucking the corners of their blankets into couch cushions and propping them up on the chairs. They shared stories about travels and wars, about manhunts and the brutal training Sapnap and Dream used to put each other through with George.

"That big scar on his lip," Sapnap was explaining. They were both lying on their stomachs, arms crossed over their own pillows and leaning comfortably against it. "Yeah, that was me."

Sapnap finished the statement with a laugh and Tommy's brows raised. He'd always thought of Dream as being the strongest out of everyone on the server, perhaps only matched by Techno. It was a surprise that Sapnap had been able to land such a blow on him.

"Oh yeah, Dream and I have matching ones. Mine's on the other side though," Tommy suddenly mentioned. His bare feet brushed lightly against the blanket that was hanging loosely above them. The fabric was cool and soft against his heels.

Tommy pointed to the scar on the right side of his face, right across his lip.

"When'd he give you that?" Sapnap asked, brows raised as he looked at it. He'd noticed it before but never really asked. Everyone had their own scars, the many wars saw to that. Wasn't exactly a surprise when fresh ones showed up out of nowhere.

"In exile," Tommy explained nonchalantly. "It was an accident though. I moved wrong when he hit me with his axe, got my face a bit. Damn near killed me for good," Tommy laughed that last bit.

"Yo, that's kinda messed up though, Tommy. You gotta admit," Sapnap told him frankly. He frowned as the kid somehow just brushed off Dream having almost killed him. Not to mention taking blame for it.

"No," Tommy looked at him. His face twisted in confusion at Sapnap's statement. "Not any different from you two fighting. You just said you did the same."

"Dude. That's like... okay," Sapnap struggled to explain but would try his best. He spread his hands out in front of himself in the gesture of opening a book. "When we do those hunts, y'know... we both have armour and weapons. It's equal. Dream trapping you on a beach and destroying everything you own and then hitting you and shit, that's not equal. That's like kicking someone when they're already down. You have no chance to defend yourself."

Tommy seemed to actually contemplate what he was saying. A brief silence passed over the two, the fireplace crackling quietly in the background while the soft yellow glow danced around the room. Tommy let out a huff and dropped his head against his pillow.

"He was just protecting me I guess," Tommy said. "Cause ya know, if I went back to L'manberg they'd have killed me."

Sapnap nodded as he was told that. He set his head against his own pillow next.

"Well Dream definitely would have," Sapnap said, agreeing to a point. He didn't think Tommy was talking about Tubbo, or Quackity, or any of Tommy's other friends. People like Bad and Antfrost however, were more than willing to put Tommy in his place- or rather, in his grave.

"The others too," Tommy said. He closed his eyes, not entirely sure if he was liking the direction the conversation was going. He didn't understand why Phil and Sapnap always seemed to make Dream out to be the villain. They just didn't understand the situation.

"You know, Tommy. You wouldn't have been exiled if it weren't for Drea-" Sapnap didn't get the opportunity to finish the sentence before Tommy snapped.

"I don't want to talk about it. Tubbo betrayed me. Not Dream, just shut up man. You and fuckin' Phil, you don't get it," Tommy should've known that's exactly what Sapnap was going to get at. Phil and him always seemed to sneak it into any conversation about Dream.

They didn't understand.

Or maybe... maybe Tommy didn't understand.

But that wasn't a thought he wanted to entertain. He was too far gone to turn back now, and the realization that he was being used from the very beginning by Dream would shatter him into a million pieces. He'd never recover from that kind of devastation. Not after everything.

They changed the topic of conversation from there. Turning to more lighthearted subjects, chatting shit to one another. Joking and laughing like their exchanges were meant to be. Tommy just needed Sapnap to be his friend, not his mentor, not someone to try and advise him. Just a friend.

They talked late into the night and once they finally fell asleep, the sun was already rising.

The fire had long gone out and Tommy was tucked comfortably beneath his heavy blankets. He snored softly and Sapnap did the same, his arms and legs splayed out messily. They both slept in a very similar manner and it made for an amusing sight for Phil when he walked down the steps from the second floor in the morning.

The cabin had gone through a number of renovations since they'd taken in the 'strays' as Phil had endearingly begun to refer to them as.

They seemed dead asleep, so he decided they likely needed the rest and simply began on his own breakfast.

Phil passed into the kitchen. He wore one of his longer kimonos to bed, and the back draped against the floor, brushing the wooden planks beneath his socked feet. It was a lot colder recently, and he had to keep more bundled up than usual. He never understood why Techno was so drawn to the winter biomes.

Phil slid a skillet from one of the cupboards and with a little preparation, he had eggs crackling in the pan in no time while he cooked quietly over the furnace. The morning silence was a nice change of pace, since the two suspects passed out on the floor were usually rather loud, even first thing in the morning.

Phil closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, appreciating the smell of his breakfast. The oil and egg proteins mixed as he slid them around the pan to keep the eggs from sticking. His eyes opened again when he heard the door to the cabin slowly open, and Techno walked past the threshold into the cabin.

"Welcome home," Phil greeted him with a smile. Sure to be quiet so they didn't wake the two, but the sound of Techno opening and closing the door was enough to at least get Tommy stirring.

Phil looked confused for a moment as he watched Techno begin to set his things down. Armour phasing out of the corporeal realm and back to his inventory, along with weapons.

Phil's mouth opened to speak again, but he was interrupted when he heard Tommy's tired voice come from behind him in the living room.

"Where's Dream?" Tommy asked. His brow furrowed as he didn't see the man he'd been eagerly awaiting. He should be with Techno, he hadn't told Tommy he was going anywhere else.

"Tommy," Techno began slowly. He didn't know how to approach what he had to tell the boy and Tommy pushed his blankets to the side, standing to his feet. He walked toward the two men.

"Where is Dream?" Tommy pressed. His tone grew concerned, bordering on aggravated. "Why isn't he with you?"

"Tommy. Dream... wasn't able to make it back," Techno began to gently break the news to him. He had to try and attempt this as carefully as possible. If anything, to spare Tommy a complete emotional breakdown.

"Wh-what do you mean!" Tommy shouted, his voice cracking as his shoulders raised. His entire demeanor became hostile and Phil prepared himself for an altercation. Techno doing the same as he braced himself. "He- you- you did something, didn't you?!"

Tommy pointed a finger in Techno's face accusingly and the man scowled down at him. Tommy just knew something was off here, there's no way Dream would simply not come back of his own will. And there's also no way that Dream and Techno would ever lose a battle, not fighting side by side anyway. That was for sure.

Techno must have done something.

"Tommy. Dream wasn't a good man. He did bad things," Techno was certain that wasn't the right thing to say when Tommy's eyes shot wide.

"What the fuck?" The words slipped out beneath Tommy's breath. His mind was racing. He needed an explanation, he needed to know what had happened, and where Dream was. He needed to help him. Unless he was dead?

No, no. Of course Dream wasn't dead.

"What did you do?!" Tommy threw his hands out and shoved Techno back with enough force that the man had to take several steps back. "What did you do?!"

Tommy's voice grew louder, cracking sharply and he was beating against Techno's chest, partially out of desperation, partially out of anger.

"Tommy, stop," Techno told him sternly, taking another step back to distance them.

"No! No, fuck you!" Tommy pulled back and swung his fist out. He'd aimed to punch Techno square in the face, but before the blow could land, he was grabbed from behind.

Two arms were hooked over his shoulders and Sapnap was there, lifting him up and turning him around easily so their backs were facing Techno.

"Tommy, Tommy! Calm down," Sapnap told him. He had to push Tommy's feet against the floor until he was forced into a kneeling position. Sapnap's hands laced behind his head while he tried to just hold Tommy still, to get him to stop thrashing about and fighting.

"What happened, Techno?" Phil asked carefully. He looked away from the sight of Sapnap restraining the feral blond, and toward his boar masked friend.

"There was an ambush of course. Phil," Techno looked at Phil hard. His gaze was all Phil needed to know. Techno had stood down. He'd allowed Dream to be overtaken by the citizens of the fallen country of L'manberg. Phil didn't blame him.

"You did the right thing," Phil told him. He gave Techno a nod of approval, and they both looked back at Tommy when he gave an angry cry from the floor, having been watching the two of them. Sapnap still held him down, and struggled to contain Tommy's continuous wrestling to get free.

"Tommy, come on man," Sapnap tried to put him at ease. He didn't want to have to hold the younger boy down like this, but it was necessary. Techno would likely not hold back if Tommy truly attempted to engage in a fight without any intentions to back down.

"Techno, you bastard! You fucking bastard!" Tommy spat, giving another formidable attempt to shake Sapnap from him. Luckily Sapnap was a lot larger in stature and strong enough to be able to keep him down, despite being shorter than the boy.

Tommy sat defeatedly after his final explosive fit of anger. He sank down to the floor as his body relaxed, but Sapnap was tentative to release him just yet. The boy was breathing heavily and even Sapnap was working to catch his own breath from the struggle. They sat for several minutes. Silence passed over the room, until Phil remembered he was cooking and quickly removed his pan from the flame and became distracted with plating his breakfast.

"Let me go, Sapnap," Tommy finally requested calmly.

Sapnap obliged, releasing the back of Tommy's head and sliding his arms out from beneath the younger boy's.

"Sorry," Sapnap still felt the need to apologize, despite the necessity of his actions.

"It's alright," Tommy told him. He began to pull himself up to his feet, and when he looked back up from beneath his fluffy bangs, he shot Techno a glare. "Where is he then?"

"They took him to a prison," Techno told him honestly. No need to lie.

Tommy felt a relief to know that Dream wasn't dead. But why imprison him? They must want something from him that they otherwise wouldn't be able to get themselves.

"I have to help him," Tommy stated. He turned his back to them and quickly made his way down to the basement. More than ready to gather all and any gear he would need to make the journey to wherever or whatever this prison was. He wasn't going to let Dream just rot there, the man would never allow that to happen to him, and he wouldn't allow it to happen to Dream either.

"Tommy, Tommy, Tommy," Sapnap chased after the boy, heading to the basement with him. Maybe he could talk some sense into him and get him to think level headed about this. "You can't just rush in there, man!"

Sapnap landed on his feet in the basement, having slid down the rails. He spun around to see the other, and watched as Tommy paced back and forth between his chest, grabbing out his valuables and everything he thought he may need.

"Well, why not, hm? I'm strong, and I know how to fight, Sapnap!" Tommy argued. He faced his friend now, angry that Sapnap wasn't trying to do more himself to try and help Dream get out of this situation.

"Look, you've gotta wait. We don't even know where the place is," Sapnap tried to calm him by thinking rationally. Tommy hated being confronted with logic when all he wanted to do was act on impulse, but he knew Sapnap was right. He let out a hot and angry puff of air through his nose, followed by a frustrated growl. "Let alone how to even get inside."

Tommy rubbed at his face, his anger was finally quelling, but he felt a pit of dread and guilt begin to swell in his gut. What could he have done though? Dream told him no. He had made it clear that Tommy wasn't allowed to come with. If he'd pressed any further, he'd have been punished for it.

Tommy felt like he was on a rollercoaster as he went through wave after wave of emotional distress. He couldn't do anything to help Dream, at least not right now. He had to accept that Dream wouldn't be around for a while longer, and it'd already been so long. Tommy had been holding onto the fact that Dream would eventually be coming back. That's what got him through most of his days.

Now that Dream wasn't coming back, everything felt so wrong. It was like losing Wilbur all over again, but somehow worse this time.

Tommy had relied on Dream so much. Dream had purposefully made Tommy have to rely on him. He wanted Tommy to need him, and as a result without Dream he felt lost and directionless.

Without a leader, Tommy felt purposeless.

"Sapnap. Please help me," Tommy had been pacing across the basement floor, lost in his thoughts as he just kept thinking and rethinking everything. He turned toward his friend and grabbed his upper arms in a tight grip. The look of desperation was clear on his face. "Please."

"O-okay..." Sapnap agreed with a tentative nod. Dream was his friend too of course, but he wasn't blind to all of the bad things Dream had done. Things he'd not only done to Tommy, but to everyone else around them. He used people, he played with them like toys. He killed just to see if he could get away with it.

He knew that Dream deserved this kind of fate.

------

Atop a high mountain, in a savanna biome, Dream stood at Technoblade's side.

They'd reached their destination just as sunrise hit, and the yellow light from the early morning sun illuminated the tall trees and grass around them.

Dream shaded his eyes from the sun, and Techno did the same as they looked out ahead of them.

A soft brush of wind grazed them, leaving Techno's braid swaying gently in its wake before settling again.

"Ranboo, Quackity," Dream greeted the two.

They stood defensively in front of the warriors, posed with weapons and adorned with their own armour. Quackity pointed his blade out toward Dream as he addressed him.

"Winner takes all, huh Dream?" Quackity said. He pointed the head of his axe toward Techno, gesturing at him before swinging the point back toward Dream. "You said two versus one, what's Techno doing here?"

"Just in case," Dream shrugged, outstretching his arms innocently. "Am I supposed to trust you didn't bring back up of your own?"

"Yeah you'd be pretty stupid to assume that," Quackity smirked, showing his teeth as it gradually became a sardonic grin.

"Winner takes all?" Techno suddenly asked, turning toward Dream as he interrupted the exchange.

"Oh, he doesn't know?" Quackity gave a bitter laugh. "Of course he doesn't."

Quackity turned toward Techno as he addressed him and Techno looked at the dark haired man. What was it this time that Dream hadn't told him? The masked man always managed to leave something out conveniently.

"If we win, we get to execute you," Quackity spoke loud and confidently. As though he'd already won. "And we get to kill Tommy."

"Dream," Techno balked. "What the- you just think you can do that?! Offer up Tommy's life like a trophy to be won? Agree to my execution?"

"Don't worry Technoblade," Dream shrugged at him. He drew his axe and turned from his ally, back to the others. "There's no way we lose this."

"That's not the point, Dream," Techno bit back. He had his own axe drawn, and his attention is pulled toward the tops of the mountains that were closing them in. From atop, spilled down the citizens of the demolished country of L'manberg.

Techno could take them before, sure. With his hundreds of dogs, and enough terrain to afford him the ability to hide between potions. Not to mention his countless withers. Not even Techno was so full of himself to think he'd get away from this without having at least one of his three chances taken. A near death experience wasn't exactly his idea of a good time.

"Dream," Techno looked over at the man. Dream seemed to have a similar thought process, and glanced over to Techno.

"Ready?" Dream asked, posing himself for the battle ahead.

"Dream," Techno growled. This was it. This was the last straw. Between everything Techno had learned, heard, and experienced firsthand from Dream. The man had this coming. He deserved whatever fate was about to befall him.

He was gambling Techno's execution. Gambling with Tommy's life. Destroying people, destroying friendships. Manipulating the others like toys- especially Tommy. The poor kid deserved better. And even if they did win this, then what?

They'd return home and Techno would have to watch Dream take Tommy with him, and continue to use the boy until he lost every bit of himself to the evil deeds that Dream had him commit. He'd already made Tommy kill his best friend. How much more was there that he would be willing to push Tommy into doing.

No.

Techno wouldn't let it happen. He couldn't.

Techno shook his head, and sheathed his axe. He took a step back and both Quackity and Ranboo watched carefully.

"No, Dream," Techno spoke. "I won't be your pawn."

"Techno?" Dream's brows raised in surprise. That hadn't been something he'd expected. Though perhaps he should have expected it, he still hadn't. Usually Technoblade was good for his word, if nothing else, a favor was a favor.

The man nervously turned toward the army in front of him, and Techno slinked back.

"He's all yours," Techno said, turning back toward them before spinning around and heading to leave from the mountain. His red cloak flipped behind him and floated calmly in the passing breeze.

Dream was left surrounded, and he put his hands up submissively.

Even he knew when it was time to give up. Any fight would lead to his inevitable death.

He could try and run of course, but exactly how far would he get with probably fifteen or twenty people chasing him down? He was bound to get caught eventually.

Dream opened his mouth to say something, but before anything could escape, Ranboo was lifting his crossbow. In less than a second, an arrow pierced through Dream's skull, so deep it exited partially through the back.

Dream's head fell back from the impact until his body lulled forward and he dropped to his knees. His body turned into dead weight, and hit the ground with a hard 'thud', stirring the loose sand beneath him.

Seconds passed.

His body remained unmoving and the others watched. Weapons drawn and posed.

They'd climbed down from the cliffs already and had Dream surrounded in a circle. Each wanted their turn to murder the man, but there was only so many times they could.

Dream coughed and inhaled some of the sand that was sticking to his face, causing a harder cough to choke out of his burning lungs. One of his gloved hands dragged against the soft grass and through the sand, to grab the arrow still sticking from his skull.

Dream let out a groan and attempted to roll onto his back. The arrow kept him from being able to from where it stuck out and he let out a frustrated sigh.

The man shifted himself over and slammed the back of his head into the ground, effectively shoving the arrow backward so that he could grasp it firmly and rip it from his forehead. The wound begun to close and Dream tossed the bloodied arrow to the side.

"Okay, wait, wait," Dream raised his hands again. Nearly dying was jarring, but Dream had been through worse, and was already familiar with the nuances. Experiencing it first hand was definitely not something to scoff at though.

"Fuck you Dream," Ranboo bit out and the others looked at the enderman hybrid. Brows raised in shock. "You made Tommy kill Tubbo. Admit it."

The dual colored teen was loading his crossbow as he demanded the answer from Dream. The man leaned up onto his knees and attempted to stand, but in less that a second Sam had kicked his legs out from beneath him, slamming his heel down on the bend of Dream's knee resulting in his crumpling to the ground again.

Dream gave a grunt from the pain as his knees collided with the hard ground.

"I didn't make him," Dream shrugged, a sly smile pulling at his lips that he failed to conceal. "I simply told him to. Tommy's a good listener nowadays you know. A well trained soldier you could say."

"Dream, we're going to take your second chance, and then we're going to take your last. Then, we're going to find Tommy and kill him too. And Techno, and maybe even Phil," Quackity told Dream matter of factly and Dream's brows raise.

"Is that so?" The man chuckled.

"You're acting rather confident for someone who's about to die," Ranboo remarked.

"I'm not gonna d-"

Quackity buried his axe in Dream's skull before he could even finish the sentence. The crunch of bones not an easy sound to forget, nor the sound from Quackity wrenching his axe back out and slamming it down again.

Blood splashed against the men, hitting both Quackity and Ranboo. It splattered across the ground, clumping the loose sand with it's wetness, and coating the nearby grass.

Ranboo reached up, feeling the hot temperature of the red liquid on his much colder skin. It burned lightly on his cheek and fingertips. He'd never felt fresh blood against his skin before.

Dream's body spasmed as Quackity hit him for a third time, just for the fun of it.

This time his regeneration took a lot longer. The bones and brain matter were rebuilding. Quackity and Ranboo watching as it all grew back.

Some of those in the crowd had to turn away from the gruesomeness of the ordeal. Several were forced to leave, the scene upsetting them too much, even if it was Dream. It's simply too sickening to witness.

Dream gurgled on his own blood as his body was returning to consciousness and he shuddered, gasping as he pulled himself up. He was fully awake, but one of his eyes was still pulling itself back into its socket, and an eyelid was forming into place.

His mask forgotten, shattered beyond repair on the ground below him. Drown in the pool of blood he'd been lying in.

"All yours," Quackity told Ranboo, gesturing down to the man. He took a step back and Ranboo stepped forward in his place, lifting the crossbow.

"Wait!" Dream suddenly shouts. His hands come up just in time for an arrow to pierce through both of them. Successfully saving himself from complete death. "Fuck."

Dream dropped himself completely onto his rear and was panting heavily. Between the brutal murder he'd just recovered from, and now an arrow being lodged between his hands, pining them together. He was in pretty rough shape.

"I can revive Tubbo, Ranboo," Dream grinned up at the teen. Panting heavily and his entire face covered in blood, it dripped into his mouth and down his teeth. Dream looked crazed in that moment, and he dipped his head down, eyes staying on Ranboo. "I can bring him back to life, hm? You'd want that, wouldn't you Ranboo? That's what this is all about, right?"

"Shut up!" Quackity shouted from behind Ranboo and stepped forward, placing his hand on Ranboo's shoulder. He pushed the enderboy behind himself protectively while Ranboo just stared blankly at Dream. "You're lying! you're fucking lying Dream! Shut your fucking mouth!"

"Am I? You want to take that bet, big Q?" Dream grinned up at him, bloody teeth flashing again. The expression of someone who'd already won. "Kill me then. Kill me and never see your little goat friend again."

"Shut up," Quackity growled low. He lifted his axe, and Dream glanced back at Ranboo, smiling at him knowingly.

The two made brief eye contact, and Ranboo already knew what he was going to do.

The taller teen grabbed Quackity by the arm and threw him back against the ground. His crossbow pointing down at the man, as he now stood between Quackity and Dream.

"No, Quackity," Ranboo shook his head vigorously, an apologetic expression on his face. "No. I don't want that risk."

Quackity's axe had dropped from his grasp when he hit the ground hard. It landed in a patch of grass before glitching out of existence and he was left looking up at Ranboo with wide eyes.

"Ranboo, you don't actually believe him?" Quackity's voice shook, unbelieving of this turn of events.

"Look," Ranboo's shoulders hiked. "We just. We won't kill him, we'll-"

"We'll put him in the prison," Sam said. He leaned down and pulled Dream up by his arm roughly. "I've been building a prison. Ironic it'll be holding you."

Sam looked at Dream and puff of hissing smoke escaped the mask over his mouth. His blackened eyes and white pupils glanced over Dream's face.

"If you can bring him back, then just do it," Quackity challenged. He leaned up from the ground and picked himself up. Ranboo lowering the crossbow trained on him now that he knew Quackity wouldn't be a threat.

"Why would I do that?" Dream laughed. "No. I'll bring him back under my own conditions."

"Why the fuck should we do anything you want, Dream? We could just kill you right now," Quackity growled, approaching Dream again who was still being held firmly by Sam. Ranboo put his arm out to stop Quackity from getting any closer.

"But you won't," The grin didn't leave Dream's face as he said it with so much confidence it made Quackity want to snuff him out right then and there.

"What are your conditions, Dream?" Ranboo asked. He had little to no intentions of fulfilling anything Dream wanted from them, but he was curious enough to pose the question.

"I go back to Tommy, and we go our separate ways. In return, you get Tubbo," Dream proposed. Quackity glared hard at him, and Ranboo looked down at the ground thoughtfully.

"No," Ranboo finally said after a brief moment of contemplation.

"Fuck right, no," Quackity huffed. "I'll get you to revive Tubbo, if you even can, Dream. And if you don't, I'm going to make your life such a living hell, you're gonna be begging for death."A/N2 chapters left, are we ready boys?? (girls and others included ofc) lmk how y'all are feeling below :) this has been a blast to write and i'm so glad there are others that enjoyed the story, can't believe we're really approaching the end

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 1K 20
XD! I don't know what's happening!" Dream cried fearfully, eyes blown wide and face pale with pure terror, "I keep hearing things and then it's like...
32.4K 1.2K 29
Based on the dream smp story line. tommy becomes deeply depressed and full of grief after being exiled causing him to wonder how get back and know wh...
44.4K 1.2K 27
"Where is he?" Dream had been alone (except for a couple of friends) for most of his life since the incident. Until he decided to open his SMP to som...
130K 5K 33
Tommy runs from exile and starts a new life in a new village, ready to start over away from the family that abandoned him. That is until someone he l...