Sunlight - Book 3

By RoseGoldMermaids

With the threat of the Volturi finally gone Bella and Edward decide to shut those worries up in a cabinet for... More

Sunlight
Perfect
Lakeside School
Cullen
Voices
Why do I care?
Shouting
That house isn't a home
Confessions
Don't be late
Gregory
Fear
Disbarred
Imprinting
Birds and the Bees
Drama
Plans
Ease My Mind
Hidden
Stuff And Things
Secrets
Catatonic
Am I Dying?
Fading
Attitude and Guilt
Night Excursion
A New Rise
New Rise - [Sunlight Sequel]
CHECK IT OUT!

Family

17.2K 392 98
By RoseGoldMermaids

The next morning I rose bright and early to make sure I was looking my best for my third day of school. Not only would my cousins be going with me but Jacob too. He would be in the senior year with me.

Today I decided to wear a pink sweater dress with white uggs. It was simple a simple outfit but I liked it. I had my hair pulled back into a high pony tail and left a few trendils to frame my face.

After I was ready I headed downstairs to the library to gather my school things from last night. As I headed back into main part of the house I heard my fathers voice call everyone downstairs. He then gestured everyone but Tyler into the dining room for a 'family talk'.

I sighed as I followed Jacob and my cousins. When we were inside my father closed the door. Everyone was in here. Carlisle, Esme, Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie, myself, mom, dad, the twins and Jacob. Carlisle seemed to be the 'head of the house' again so he was the one who spoke.

"I shouldn't have to tell Jacob how to act but for you, Penelope and Matthew, will be around humans so you must remember keep the family secret. Don't do anything out of the ordinary to draw attention to us in a negative form. If you can stay under the radar, do it. You are free to make friends but don't show off and don't be wreckless because this is our home for the next five to eight years."

"Yes sir." Penelope and Matthew said.

"Hey doc' what are our background stories?" Jake said as he leaned casually against the table with his arms crossed. "I know that you all have your little bio's ready to go in case a human decides they want to get curious so what's mine?" Jake's eyes flickered to mine quickly and I saw him half grin before looking back at Carlisle.

"Jacob if I remember it right you are emancipated. You live with us because you like to be near your cousins." Carlisle nodded towards Bella, Edward and Renesmee. "Matthew and Penelope are adopted into the family by Rosalie and Emmett." Simple but enough to satisfy a curious mind.

"Are we allowed to have human friends over?" Penelope asked.

"Of course you can but you must remember-"

"We know grandpa, keep the family secret." Matthew sighed impatiently. "Can we go now?"

Rosalie hissed. "Matthew manners!" She snapped.

Matthew's face turned beat red as he fished in his pockets and pulled out keys.

"Sorry grandpa." Matthew apologized.

Carlisle gave a curt nod and smiled. "On your way now."

I watched as my cousins and Jacob slung their backpacks over their shoulders. One by one they exchanged hugs and kisses before they headed from the room. Jacob waited for me to say goodbye before he walked out with me.

As we headed towards the front door I eyed Matthew chatting with Tyler as they headed down to the dock with Penelope. Wait... where was Roxette?

Jake slung his arm over my shoulder as we headed from the house.

"So that boy-"

"-Has a name." I looked sideways at Jake. "It's Tyler and he is 'just' my friend and only my friend Jake."

"Better be." Jake teased as he lifted me effortlessly over his shoulder and ran the remained twenty yards to the boat. "M'lady." He grinned as he stepped back to let me on.

I felt my face blush before I climbed in. As I heard the engine start I realized that Roxette wasn't here. Driving the boat was Matthew. When did he learn to drive a boat?

For the first half of the ride into the harbor I was nervous as we took the corners too quickly then I was used to. As we got nearer to our first destination I calmed dramatically.

"So Jacob how have you been?" I asked as I looked into his russet colored face.

Jake began playing with my hair, twisting one of my loose trendils around his fingers. "I'm doing good now." His smile turned to a frown as he looked away from me and out over the water. "Your dad called me here. He said you've been talking in your sleep and crying."

My mouth fell open into an 'o' shape. Talking and crying in my sleep? I never did that?

"I don't know what you are talking about?" I blushed.

Jake tilted my face upwards and then slowly ran a finger over my perfectly shaped eyebrow. Then he did the same along the bottom rim of my eye before cupping my cheek.

"I see you." He whispered before raising to his feet and headed to the front of the boat to prepare the ropes for tying the boat at the dock.

What did he mean he see's me?

I gawked after him. It was no mystery that I was at a loss for words with Jake's strange behavor. Normally he would be more goofy, youthful, friendly. Now he was friendly, slightly touchy, more gazing then looking..... Oh!

Now I understood what he meant. Jake no longer see's me as a child. I smiled to myself before realizing that I wasn't sure whether or not I like that. I mean did it matter to me in the way it mattered to him.

I rose to my feet as we filed off the boat and followed beside Jacob into the private parking garage that my family parked their vehicles in. There sitting in the corner was a sleek lifted shiny black dodge ram 2400. I gawked at it stupidly. How was I supposed to get in there?

Matthew opened up the passenger side door and I watched as a step slid out. He helped his sister in the front seat and then closed the door.

"You can get in." He grinned as he walked over to the other side.

Tyler followed him and climbed in behind the drivers seat. Jake helped me in and I sat in the middle, Jake on my right.

The moment the engine started I jumped and covered my ears. This truck was so obnoxiously loud. In seconds we were on our way through downtown Seattle towards Lake View.

As we pulled into the student parking I watched almost every head turn our way. Several students moved from the middle of the parking lot to the side walk to get our of our way. It took only a few minutes to find a parking spot since we were a bit early and then the engine was cut. Thank god!

Jake helped me down and grabbed our bags from the back. I waited for Tyler and then the three of us walked with Penelope and Matthew onto the main campus.

We had barily made it into the courtyard when a male student walked up to Penelope. He was carrying a large gym bag and was dressed in a pair of dark slim fitted jeans with a checkered button down.

"Why haven't I seen you around before? I mean being this pretty you would be hard to overlook." The boy flashed her a smug smile. He then put his arm over her shoulder. "The name is Daniel I'm the quarterback for our football team, senior of course and might I add a full scholarship to WSU."

I watched amused as Matthew took a step forward. Matthew, taking after his father, easily overtook Daniel in height and muscle. "The name is Matthew and that's my twin sister you are fawning over. If you don't want to lose your arm-" he nodded towards the arm over his sisters shoulder. "-I suggest you move it and quick."

Daniel's arm flop quickly down to his side before he stepped away from Penelope who moved to stand beside her brother.

Daniel held his hands up defensively before him. "Protective brother I respect that. I have a sister myself. So do you play football?"

The two quickly fell into a conversation and headed off on their own, Penelope at Matthew's side. That left Tyler and Jake in my company.

"Class is about to start so I will be on my way Renesmee." Tyler glanced warily at Jacob and then to me and half smiled before walking off towards his photography class.

Now it was just Jake and I.

"What is your first class?" I asked him.

Jake smiled as he looked at me. "I don't have any classes I'm just a body gaurd."

I hissed. "Please don't embarrass me with your over-protectiveness."

"I would never think of doing such things luz del sol." He teased.

I tilted my head back to glare at him. "What did you just call me?"

"Luz del sol means sunlight." he flashed his bright white teeth as he grinned.

I growled at him. I didn't like it. It just didn't sound right.

"Sheesh. No worries Luna." He grinned as he pulled me into his arms for a long hug.

"What did you call me that time?" I said bitterly

"Luna... means moon."

After his mentioning I smiled. I could live with Luna as a nickname. That and Nessie. He gave me that one too.

I closed my eyes to savor this moment and felt Jake's warm breath breeze my scalp. It felt nice. As I took in a breath I smelled him. He reminded me of the smell from the woods back home in Forks after a day of rain. It was pleasant. Homey.

Once he let me go he walked me to my first class.

"If you need me just call or text and I will find you."

My forehead creased as my eyebrows pulled together. "Where are you going?" I asked curiously.

Jake was walking backwards away from me as he spoke. "I'm going to let my hair down." He smirked before he winked and turned before jogging away.

I stared after him. His russet skin glowed under the sunlight. I couldn't help but smile as I recalled memories of us when I was a child. That's my Jake. My Jake for the rest of my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 94 15
It is time for the cullens to move away from forks and start their new lives else where..... lets see what unfolds
23K 932 40
As the human member of the Volturi, Bella is sent to live with her biological father in Forks. What happens when she meets the Cullens? And how will...
30.4K 635 14
The battle was over and a new adventure will begin. How will married life treat Bella and Angel. What will this new life bring and how will they fa...
71.2K 1.7K 16
Isabella Volturi has spent her whole life without a mate, which is hard as she is Marcus Volturi's blood daughter. Now she is on a mission in the sma...