Fandom Oneshots [Mainly Marve...

By FAF_Archive

Some one-shots from various fandoms. Not all are romantic, some are just scenarios the characters are in, etc... More

My Personal Helheim
Marvel: (Ironstrange) "Don't Get Cocky"
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock) "It'll Be Strange to Tell"
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock & [Mentioned] Mystrade) "Day 1"
Marvel: (Stony) "Checking In"
Marvel: (Frosthawk) "You Could Call It That"
Marvel: (The Norse God Brothers) "Brother..."
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock) "Jealous?"
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock) "Burn"
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock) "Impressed"
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock) "Water"
BBC Sherlock: "What They Said"
BBC Sherlock: (Mystrade) "Question"
BBC Sherlock: (Johncroft) "The Wrong Step"
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock) "The Words of Mine"
BBC Sherlock: (Contest Entry, #JustWriteDay) "The Fall"
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock) "Magic Messenger"
Marvel: (Ironstrange) "Not Back-Up"
BBC Sherlock: (Pride Prompts) "Hair Product"
Marvel: (Pride Prompts) "Is That a Dog?"
Multi-Fandom: (Pride Prompts) "Narnia's Petals"
BBC Sherlock: (Pride Prompts) "Ties and Scarves"
House MD: (Pride Prompts) "Sugar-Coated"
BBC Sherlock: (Pride Prompts) "Truth Was"
BBC Sherlock: (Pride Prompts) "Pièce De Résistance"
BBC Sherlock: (Pride Prompts) "Happier With You"
Good Omens: (Pride Prompts) "Remember"
Multi-Fandom: (Pride Prompts) "The Drabbling"
Good Omens: (Pride Prompts) "Eternity"
BBC Sherlock: (Holmes Brothers) "The Game"
BBC Sherlock: (The Hounds of Baskerville) "An Experiment"
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock & [Mentioned] Mormor) "Four Numbers"
Marvel: (Stony) "Stark's in The Park"
BBC Sherlock: (Fanfiction Contest) "A Woman's Man"
Good Omens: (Ineffable Husbands) "Oblivious"
Good Omens: (Ineffable Husbands) "Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy"
Good Omens: (Ineffable Lurkers) "Goldfish"
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock) "The Remembrance of Sherlock Holmes"
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock) "A Cup of Cold Tea"
BBC Sherlock: (Johncroft) "A Brother's Blessing"
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock) "I Had No One"
BBC Sherlock: (Johnlock) Excerpt of "The Address Was: 221B Baker Street"
Kingsman: (Hartwin) "Sunshine"
Kingsman: (Percilot) "Green Ties and Idiots"
Genghis Khan - Miike Snow: (Agent/Villain) "It's Not Mr. Snow Anymore"
Mamma Mia: (Brighterson) "Spontaneous, Just Like You"
Ace Attorney: (Christmas Special) "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas"
Kingsman: (Hartwin) A Rather Unconventional Story
Sherlock: (Johnlock) "Puzzles"
House MD: (Swap AU!Hilson) "Fries"
House MD: (Swap AU!Hilson) "Oh, There Was Love in So Many Things"
House MD: (Hilson) "Like a Meteor, Like a Kiss"
House MD: (Hilson) "Awful Coffee Creamer And Velvet Boxes"
House MD: (Hilson) "Hidden but Obvious"
House MD: (Hilson Drabble) "Oh my god... and they were roommates."
House MD: (Hilson) "Teddy Bear Timeline"
House MD: (Hilson) "Rest, Even if You Are The Weary"

House MD: (Hilson) "Old Soul"

167 2 1
By FAF_Archive

Yes, I know I mashed two names up from past Hugh Laurie movies/shows. Which two is the question... Also, Seán is a nod to Robert Sean Leonard. I'm "very clever."

The song I put in here is "Old Soul" by Saint Motel because I couldn't think of a better one at the moment. Check out Saint Motel though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSj2SgAuvgo

I know people typically can't just play a piece without practice but House is House. That man can probably do things that people can only dream of doing. (Including various medical crimes.)

This one's a bit longer than I normally write. Kind of proud of that. Hope it doesn't drag on too long.

[「-」]

"I'll be out for a while, okay? Try not to get yourself killed or the house burnt down. Got it?" House let those words tumble around in his mind like his skull was a rock tumbler. They sounded so nonchalant, an opposite to the way Wilson's brows were knitted just a bit too tight.

Although House had murmured an unconcerned "mm-hmm" at his Gameboy, he was very much concerned. Where the hell would Wilson be going to? The man only circled through a couple places at best; grocery story; the hospital; their house... that was pretty much the list.

House's first thought, a logical one, was Wilson was going to some random woman's place, but Wilson wouldn't have been so on-edge about it. House knew about Wilson's habits, more-so than what was considered healthy probably.

So, where in the actual hell was Wilson going to? That question would be the thing that made House take initiative and follow Wilson.

'Wilson should suspect it by now,' House thought as he jumped on his motorcycle. He had watched Wilson take a gym bag into a cab which made House more and more curious by the moment.

Wilson had a perfectly good car and had it cleaned every month, why would he have to take a cab? Even when he was tipsy, he complained about the dirtiness of the taxis. It was compared to if House suddenly gave everyone in the hospital a big, warm, cwuddwy hug.

Without another thought, House waited until the cab barely rounded the corner and then shot out into the streets.

He followed Wilson for a good 45 minutes and with every passing minute, he was getting absurd ideas. For all he knew, Wilson was going to a strip-club. 'That would be a change of mood,' House thought with a creeping smirk. There were various pictures in his mind; one of the thoughts was maybe Wilson was the one stripping. That ended up with House shaking his head. He didn't really like the idea of anyone else looking at Wilson, the nurses at PPTH were already enough.

The cab sputtered around a corner and House was suddenly face-to-face with a plaza of fancy establishments. 'Well, that's not a surprise,' House thought with slight disappointment. Wilson seemed like the type to sit down at a classy lounge like the ones in front of him. He wondered how worth it it was he had driven this far until a corner of his mind asked him "why would Wilson hide this?

Oh-ho-ho, Wilson was hiding something still. Fancy storefront only meant the inside was not classy... but something much more fun. House's lips curved into a larger smirk as he felt the giddiness rising from his throat.

Wilson was already heading inside one of the establishments after paying the cab driver by the time House got off his motorcycle. After waiting 10 minutes, House snuck around the corner he was hiding behind.

Old Wandering Soul and Jazz it said in cursive. The letters were in glittering gold. The windows were framed with a dark and rich brown mahogany. Looking inside, the only thing visible in front of the mahogany barrier was a well-dressed gentleman, standing in front of a podium. House was sure there was a list of names written on a fancy piece of paper on the podium. Unlike most times, House needed to get in with stealth which was already low which his cane and leg.

House pulled out his phone from his pocket and started sifting through the internet. He found the website and it, too, shouted fancy posh lounge to him.

"Old Wandering Soul and Jazz is a classy lounge perfect for relaxing. The alcohol there is some of the world's finest, with guaranteed to have something fitting your taste. Select from several types of entertainment including pool, darts, singing, and dancing. We welcome wandering souls of any kind." He scrolled down a bit more. He spotted the fee and the outfit requirements. '$25 entry fee and a business casual outfit? That's hardly relaxing,' House grumbled in his mind, 'Although, it fits Wilson. Man represses himself.'

The doctor looked around on the website for a couple more minutes, scrolling a bit aimlessly. His mind raced at the sight of the piano. 'Bingo!' he thought and his eyes lit up. He had a gateway into the lounge... except his clothes were another thing.

House stared at his band t-shirt, blue jeans, and leather jacket, and then snapped his fingers. He typed for a suit rental store nearby and his luck winked at him. 3.1 meters away, close enough for a man like House.

House remembered why he didn't like dressing up for work after he left the store with a grumble. House did think he looked good as he tossed a hat on his head. He needed the disguise.

Finally, he made his way into the lounge with a swagger.

"Good evening, sir," the gentleman greeted him.

"Evening," House replied, "I heard from a friend that a man could play piano for some folks?" He nearly crossed his fingers for the guess.

The young man nodded. "Oh, yes. We typically have someone who plays, but he's been out for a week. We could use another pianist."

"Sounds like a job for me," House said and handed the young man 25 dollars.

"What can I file you under?" The young man asked.

"Ian, Ian Palmer," House replied, biting his tongue lightly.

"Mr. Palmer, follow me," the young man said as House made his way through the lounge towards a corner. He hid his cane to the best of his abilities and tipped his fedora to let the shadows cover his face. When he got there and sat down, the young man told him, "We're having an entertainer come up very soon, just wait for a couple minutes. The sheet music is right there on the piano." He bowed slightly and made his way back to the front where people were starting to come in.

House sighed and rubbed his thigh through his grey suit. 'Holy shit, that worked. Point one million to me,' He thought with a victorious smirk on his lips.

Looking around, House saw the tables lined with red tablecloths, the soft mood lighting, and the bar. Everything screamed classy as a word. The velvet reds and soft yellows blended together, creating the perfect atmosphere.

House stared at the music as night fell and things really started to get busy. 'No sign of Wilson, though,' House thought, 'Maybe he's in the restroom or maybe he left, but I can wait just a bit longer.'

Before long, House spotted a young woman step up to the stage. Her skin was a nice tanned olive color and she had curled brown hair. She was wearing a red cocktail dress with white gloves as well as a brilliant smile. She was pretty and looked like a genuinely charming person. "Ladies and gentlemen, the first show tonight is by Jacobs, welcome him to the stage!"

House prepared himself, his fingers gingerly touching the keys, waiting to be fluttering on the piano. For a couple minutes, he lost himself to the music.

The pieces ranged from soul to more modern songs and House kept up with every song he was faced with. At some point, a young man with short blond hair handed him a glass of whiskey which House sipped on after each song. The last one for the evening read "Old Soul."

"And, for tonight's wrap-up, we have Seán!" The young woman in the cocktail dress announced.

Seán was a brown-haired man wearing a black masquerade mask alongside a white oxford shirt with black suspenders and black suit trousers. The brown hair was very distinctly floppy.

Applause died down and the lights were on Seán.

The moment Seán sang his first note, House's head shot up and he thought, 'Wilson...' House kept on playing even through this revelation. 'Holy shit, that's Wilson.'

[「-」]

It had been a while since Wilson had gone out anywhere that wasn't with House or due to work-related reasons. He knew at some point he was going to have to get out or he would be a puddle on the couch.

He knew a perfect place for this. Only 45 minutes away, which was a short time for Wilson as he knew if he went anywhere too close, House would be creeping around.

Old Wandering Soul and Jazz was just the name of the lounge. A ton of people sang songs from all types of genres but they usually had a tone that matched the lounge's mood.

Wilson couldn't remember when he first stumbled upon the lounge, but all he knew was that it was a haven for singing his heart out with no one knowing who he was. It was bliss. Wilson went there from time-to-time, only when he really needed to because he needed to protect this place from anyone else. He was Seán to no one else.

Getting there, Wilson put on the mask and headed for the restroom where he changed into an outfit exclusively for the lounge.

When he got out, he spotted a familiar bartender and host.

"Seán!" Sarah greeted with a smile and she gave him a kiss on the cheek for good measure. "A pleasure to see you again."

"It's great to see you too, Sarah," Wilson laughed with the woman in the cocktail dress and gloves. After he let go from a hug, he spotted the bartender smiling at him too. "You too, Pat," He greeted the blond man. "You change shifts? Isn't Aaron usually on Fridays?" Wilson remembered the friendly black man who typically greeted him on Fridays.

"Yup," Pat confirmed, "He had something come up, I agreed to take this shift. Lucky me, I get to hear you sing." Aaron and Pat were good friends so the story was not unlikely.

"Haha, I'm glad you enjoy it so much," Wilson admitted. "So, I need to catch up with you guys a bit. How's your girlfriend, Sarah? Pat, how's your cat doing?"

Pat smiled, "Daisy's still a big girl and eating the grass even though I feed her enough."

"That's just Daisy, Pat, your fault for naming her after a damn flower," Sarah teased. "Amélie's doing good too, she's gotten a promotion at the company. Too fucking proud of her," Sarah pretended to faint, putting a hand to her forehead.

"Oh yeah, it's hard to get promoted at her place," Pat nodded, "She's a genius if she's able to get up there."

"Yeah," Sarah nodded. "Speaking of geniuses..." Sarah smirked. Wilson's shoulders drooped.

"Oh god, where to start with the bastard," Wilson murmured. "Well, you know that I'm living with him... he's just been increasingly annoying."
"Can't catch a break, huh?" Pat said.

"Yeah," Wilson agreed, "He's just not talking to me... which is expected from him, but it just gets on my nerves a bit after a while."

"You two need to stop being repressed and start talking," Sarah pointed a finger at his chest.

"Oh, yeah, and let him know about me liking him? No thanks, just send me straight to hell."

"Oh, c'mon, you two are just actively trying to repress yourselves," Sarah poked him again. "With everything you told us, I'm pretty sure if he could, he would kneel and—" Sarah paused. "—ask to marry you,"

"Sarah, where the hell were you going with that sentence before you changed it?" Pat asked.

Sarah looked mockingly-peeved. "Pat, you do know that sex exists, right?"

"Yeah, but why the fuck did you have to go there?" Pat argued.
"Okay, guys, guys!" Wilson laughed. "He's straight and he thinks I am. I doubt any marriages will be asked and... sex will be asked."

"Still on the bet he's so bisexual it hurts," Sarah muttered and Pat seemed to finally agree with her.

"Anyway, I'm heading on stage soon, I'll see you when the night is over." Wilson waved as he headed backstage.

He moved to change into his simple outfit and slick his hair back. People were starting to gather by the time he printed out the sheet music and put it in the pile at the piano. When they called Jacobs, he spotted a figure at the piano that wasn't the familiar one of Hans. He didn't think too much of it as he waited.

His song was called "Old Soul" and he thought the lyrics reminded him a lot of him and House. Old souls who meet again and again front past lives. Well, maybe Wilson was just being a bit too romantic for his own good again.

Then, he stepped onto the stage with a bright smile. He was Seán and he was an entertainer. He was the music for the time. He was music for the time... "This is dedicated to the man I love," Wilson said before he sang.

I got rubies in my hands now

How they shine

I got trouble on my mind now

It's alright

Oh, yeah, it's fine

'Cause the more I get to know you

Well, the more I feel I knew you

In a lifetime a long time ago

I feel ribbons on the inside

Pull them out

I've seen heaven in the moonlight

Blow it out

Yeah, turn around

'Cause the more I get to know you

Well, the more I feel I knew you

In a lifetime a long time ago

Old soul

Old soul

Old soul

'Cause the more I get to know you

Well, the more I feel I knew you

In a lifetime a long time ago

Old soul

Old soul

Old soul

Old soul

Old soul

Old soul, yeah

Slowly coming down from the floating he felt from singing, Wilson finally glanced at the piano player as the playing started waning and winding down.

Those eyes were a strikingly familiar shade of blue. Icy blue. The pale blue that only one person had.

'House!' Wilson's thoughts screamed.

[「-」]

House knew he had been spotted as his eyes met Wilson's warm brown ones.

'Shit, shit, shit,' House thought. He hadn't even been thinking about Wilson being at this lounge and why he kept it away from him. He had been sucked in by the piano and Wilson's beautiful voice.

When Wilson headed backstage, House took the opportunity to run as fast as he could. He could hear the young woman saying "thank you for joining us tonight!" in the background as he made his way to the front.

"I'm checking out, thanks for the good times," House huffed and made his way out the doors and into the parking lot. He stumbled onto the sidewalk and into the streetlights. The magic of the lounge was left behind.

Little did he know, Wilson was right behind him, rushing with his bag in his hand. The oncologist slammed the door open.

"House?" He finally spoke and the older doctor froze.

"Who's that?" House joked, knowing he was at the dead-end he was fearing.

"A genius bastard that follows people to places they go to in private," Wilson deadpanned as he walked up to House.

"Sounds like a fun guy," House responded.

"Yeah, only when he doesn't follow a certain man he lives with to places. Why?" Wilson interrogated.

"Why what?" House said with his eyes widened, mocking a surprised look, and his hat tipping to the back.

"Why did you follow me, House," Wilson gritted his teeth as anger finally coursed through his veins. A delayed reaction.

"I was bored, obviously. And I wanted to know which man you were crushing on. Kinda a surprise after your marriages. I mean, I suppose it makes sense you're divorced after all those times. Repression is one helluva drug, eh?" House told himself he did not at all ramble.

"House?" Wilson asked softly. "House... are you... jealous?" Wilson asked in the same soft tone. His voice was like lavender bed sheets fresh from the dryer. So soft...

"No," House said with too much force.

"House, I've spent nearly every waking moment with you, there's no one else," Wilson told him.

"You... there's so many women... and men... and..." House waved his free hand around. "You're... you know... you and so attractive... to everyone. You could get anyone and—"

"House, you're just jumping to far-fetched conclusions. Usually, it works, but not for me," Wilson sounded more and more amused.

"The woman in the dress..." House waved his hand again.

"Sarah?" Wilson looked a bit taken-aback, "House, she's a lesbian. I have enough dignity not to flirt with everyone. Once again, you're jumping to these far-fetched conclusions far too fast." Wilson paused and breathed in and then out. "Stop for a second," Wilson told him with the soft voice from before and House listened. The older doctor breathed in and then out.

"Can... can I tell you something?" Wilson said in a shaky breath.

"I'm sure you'll tell me anyway," House said without any venom.

"I like you. There's no one else. After we moved in together, I just told myself that all of that? The marriages? The flirting with the women? All of that doesn't matter. You're the only one that mattered and will matter in the future. I kept looking at others to find importance in when you're the only one that is important to me."

House was speechless.

A breath of air passed through Wilson's nose as a sign of amusement. "Can I kiss you, House?" Wilson asked.

House blinked quickly for a couple seconds before he nodded.

"I need you to say it, House," Wilson dropped the bag and then cupped House's face in his hands, stroking his cheekbones with his thumbs. "I need the verbal agreement, you know that."
"Oh, fuck's sake," House muttered to himself before he said to Wilson, "Yes, Wilson, fucking kiss me, please." Wilson did just that.

After they pulled apart, House muttered something into Wilson's shoulder.

"What?" Wilson whispered.

"You know, I have a piano at home and perfectly good alcohol..." House said.

"Let's go home, then," Wilson smiled before picking up his gym bag. "Home is where the House is," He laughed into his hand.

"Fucking dork," House muttered. "Oh... Wilson?" House asked.

"Yeah?"
"Don't try to be funny and propose with a ruby ring, asshole," House said. Wilson laughed as he whistled a very familiar tune while they headed for the motorcycle.

'Cause the more I get to know you

Well, the more I feel I knew you

In a lifetime a long time ago

Old soul

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57 8 5
stories that I can't be bothered to make into an actual fanfic but still think are a good idea! Mostly x reader but sometimes I'll use an OC or a sh...
11.6K 424 16
Fluff and sometimes smut about our two Baker Street boys. Sorry if I'm slow at updating :)
6.2K 243 72
Some of them are short, others are chapters long, but all of them are collected here! ***Collaborated with @Owlover18*
168K 4.2K 66
just some stony one shots for your souls :)