A Mischievous Gutsy Girl.

By Ishi_Ishu

Note : *This is not a love story.* This story is a long story having many stories hidden in it which are inte... More

Author's Note.
*ATTENTION*
Chapter. 1 'Hi I'm Nish!'
Chapter 2. "HELLO!"
Chapter 3. 'Look at me! I'm your youngest sister!'
Chapter 4. 'Hi........Dad!'
Chapter 5. 'The Emergency Meeting!'
Chapter 6. "Friends?!"
Chapter 7. Skimble Skamble Blunder!šŸ™„
Chapter 8. Party?!
Chapter 9. Cold Shoulders.
Chapter 10. 'They Hardly Talk.'
Chapter 11. 'Miss Chhabra and family!'
Chapter 12. Shouts and Giggles.
Chapter 13. 'School or College?!'
Chapter 14. 'Introduction and Mitesh Sir!'
Chapter 15. 'Nishi Khurrana, is also a bully?!'
Chapter 16. 'Vardhan Sir!'
Chapter 17. 'Life Lesson.'
Chapter 18. 'Lover or Criminal?!'
Chapter 19. 'Little Love Secrets.'
Chapter 20. 'A Challenge or A Mission?'
Chapter 21. Revealing of a Hidden Criminal!
Chapter 22. 'Emergency?!'
Chapter 23. 'His old wound.'
Chapter 24. 'Popcorn Show in the Canteen!'
Chapter 25. 'Sorry Champ!'
Chapter 26. 'Hit Song!'
Chapter 27. 'The Talk!'
Chapter 28. 'Trap and Catch.'
Chapter 29. 'Cute Apology Letter!'
Chapter 30. 'Celebrating Old Bonds!'
Chapter 31. 'THAAP!'
Chapter 32. 'The Letter.'
Chapter 33. 'Quiet Days.'
Chapter 34. 'The Ride of Guilty Rollercoaster.'
Chapter 36. 'The Tiring Night!'
Chapter 37. 'The Shocking Train!'
Chapter 38. 'Vihaan and Manav's Cheating!'
Chapter 39. 'The Web of Lies.'
Chapter 40. 'The Unknown Watch and The Red Lines of Oscilloscope.'
Chapter 41. 'His Confession.'
Chapter 42. "How do you know her?"
Chapter 43. 'The Elders' Hidden Conspiracy.'
Chapter 44. 'The Chaos of Little Lies.'
Chapter 45. 'Home . . .an unearthly feeling.'
Chapter 46. 'Dicussing The Odds On A Queer Evening.'
Chapter 47. 'Giggles Of A Mushy Talk.'
Chapter 48. 'The Mother's Mistake.'
Chapter 49. 'A Little Interrogation and The Slip Of Tongue.'
Chapter 50. 'A Little Get Together.'
Chapter 51. 'The Dumb Charades and The Talking Eyes.'
Chap 52. 'The Secret Of The World Tour.'
Chapter 53. 'The Damage of Lies.'
Chapter 54. 'Plans.'
Chapter 55. Unknown cell*
Chapter 56. 'Because Love Is Never Enough...'
Chapter 57. 'One Blabbering Evening.'
Chapter 58. 'The Attack of Masked Men.'
Chapter 59. 'He will be fine!'
Chapter 60. 'A Long Night . . .'
Chapter 61. 'Professionals' Party?!'
Chapter 62. 'The Ice Cream Man!'
Chaoter 63. 'The Cat Fight and The Cat Coffee.'
Chapter 64. 'Drinking Habits and The Soft Gaze.'
Chapter 65. 'Back to School.'
Chapter 66. 'The Moment He Hates The Most.'
Chapter 67. 'Little-Big Plans.'
Chapter 68. 'The Mystery of Staring Eyes.'
Chapter 69. 'The Secret Talk in the Study Room.'
Chapter 70. 'The Dawn Before The Fall.'
Chapter 71. 'Little Talks.'
Chapter 72. 'The Voices In Her Head.'
Chapter 73. 'The Meet and The Inner Battles.'
Chapter 74. 'The Chit-Chat During The Inner Shakiness.'
Chapter 75. 'The Dark Reality.'
Chapter 76. 'The Whirlpool of Emotions.'
Chapter 77. 'Flirty-Angry-Running Hearts.'
Chapter 78. 'Acidity, Attitude and Agony.'
Chapter 79. 'Angry Hearts.'
Chapter 80. 'The Woman With Dark and Thundering Cloudy Cheeks.'
Chapter 81. 'Get-Together Goes Wrong.'
Chapter 82. *Ping.*

Chapter 35. 'Waiting. . .'

620 40 32
By Ishi_Ishu

Author :

Continuing from where we left.
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

Thank you!
Happy reading!
:)

• • •

Kritika hardly met Nishi but the truth shook her to the core of her heart however there is more she knew this teenager and her brother still has to go through soon to face an untold truth soon.

"The people who have been talking nonsense about Nishi Mam and her character are none other than Avni's friends Shripra, Shelly and a guy from London, Carin Warren. It was Avni who broke the news about Nishi Mam's homecoming news which we were trying to hide. She knew if the news broke, Nishi Mam's life will come into danger. She told her men to keep an eye on Nishi Mam the same night on the spot when Nishi Mam caught her with Jones. That's how they stole the pictures of the same party night when Nishi Mam left and uploaded them online. Even if Nishi Mam's picture was not clear but it still grabbed attention and the media got to know about Khurrana Family's youngest child's arrival which went viral." Kritika informs coming with Shrishti and hands the tablet to Mrityunjay who reads the details of the case with a deep frown while Kritika explains others.

"What about this Warren?" Avneesh, Mrityunjay's father asks as Rajveer wipes his face and they all stand straight.

"He is Jones's college time friend. He has been commenting and spreading false rumours about Nishi Mam just as Avni asked him to do with the help of his online friends once they broke the news about Nishi Mam being in the town. And this is not all. Avni is also a drug dealer with one of her boyfriends about whom even her husband Jones does not know. Hareesh Kaka told Rohan Sir that Nishi Mam told him that she saw Avni in New York with a guy once making a deal for drugs and he seemed like her boyfriend the way they were too close. Later on because the drug was being supplied to school students there, the police got a hold of them but they did not get any clues of Avni in contact with that guy." Shrishti informs professionally. Anshuman clenches his jaw hearing that and Gia wanted to put Avni's head in a mixer for what she did.

Vihaan looks at Kritika for an answer about the new info. Kritika nods confirming the news and he looks down at the floor blankly. "Mam could have told us about this but Mam knew that the Chhabra family's game was too deep that no one will believe her unless she finds out some solid proofs against them. That's why they planned to kill Mam immediately because they knew that Nishi Mam will surely unmask them sooner or later." Kritika says professionally as she looks at her Bosses, Vineet and his friends.

"But thankfully Sukhdev Sir and his wife unmasked them already on time because Mam was their next target." Kritika informs the last part and looks at the OT door. They all get shocked. They could still not believe that Avni stoop so low for her dirty games.

Vihaan tightens his fist as he hears about Chhabra family's big plan. Vineet clenches his jaw and says, "I was blind enough to not to see anything right but now she has to pay for everything!" He looks at the OT door and his gaze softens as he says, "Right now she is not the concern. Firstly, I just want my daughter to get out of danger. Nothing will happen to her, I'm sure! Let's just wait." They all nod and wait for some news.

*

On the other hand, Jay, Arav, Darsh, Varun and their friends were waiting outside the hospital regretting for not believing the girl in college all this while just because of the stupid rumours.

Dr. Trisha, Dr. Smriti come as soon as they finish their duties. Trisha was in tears being a sensitive person. She was feeling so bad for the kid's condition thinking that how she was trying to save them but no one believed her words and now she is fighting for her own life in the hospital. Dr. Smriti was taking care of her somehow being her another friend.

Bhishma, her Dadaa, Vineet, her father and Ajay, her Paternal Elder Uncle, they all were also in the same condition like Vihaan. They couldn't control their tears after knowing the entire truth. Mrityunjay and others were making sure to not to leave them alone. They were trying to calm them down when Bhishma says with moist eyes, "This is all because of me! She warned me about your fiance but I shouted over her and got angry which I never did before and now see, the result of not believing her." Bhishma says to Vihaan looking at the floor and his vision blurs as another tear slips from Vihaan's right eye which he wipes immediately as he tries to stay strong for his family. "If anything happened to her I don't know what I will do. . . . " Bhishma says crying.

"NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO HER! DON'T TALK NONSENSE!" Vineet roars shocking all of them with his sudden outburst earning some flinches from the youngsters. Bhishma cries at his words hiding his face in his palms. Vineet sighs deeply to calm down his worried racing heart and goes and hugs his friend encouraging him, "She will be fine! She has to! Don't think negative, Bhishma!"

"Excuse me, Sir. Please don't shout or talk loudly. Patients will get disturbed." A nurse says hesitantly as she gulps hardly.

"I'm sorry." Vineet apologises breaking the hug making the nurse give him a professional nod and leaves gulping another ball of fear.

They all were waiting outside the OT for a goodnews or a badnews? They did not know but fate surely had some other plans for the fighting tigress inside the OT.

*

It has been 4 hours for them to wait for the operation to get done. Arav told Varun and the kids to go back to their homes and take rest but they denied. However, he forced them to eat and drink water on time for the sake of their health to which they couldn't deny.

Mrityunjay and Tej come out to check upon the kids. Mrityunjay looks at the gloomy state of the kids and sighs. He was going to leave to go in when Varun who was standing leaning on a bike with folded hands says gloomily, "You know Bhai-sa, I decided to apologize to you for my misbehavior to end the long time stupid fight going on between us months ago just because her acts made me realise somehow that I was also being immature for shouting like an idiot at you." Mrityunjay turns to him and Varun says further, "When Ari, Akri, Jay bhai, Arav bhai and their friends. . . .they all changed for the good, I realised my own mistake on my own by just watching them improve. I wanted to thank her but things changed. I started ignoring her, believing all the rumours. . . . .I started hating her and now. . . . . . . ." Varun looks up at his elder brother with gloomy face who was already looking at him blankly and asks, "Bhai-sa, she will be fine na? I know I did wrong. I want to correct my mistake by apologizing being a true friend to her." Varun says and lowers his gaze as tears were threatening to fall.

Tej looks at the two brothers as Mrityunjay stares at his younger brother. He comes forward and for the first time Mrityunjay hugs Varun who hugs him back tightly. The younger brother cries because he didn't want to lose someone who brung such big positive changes in their lives, made all his wishes come true, brung smiles to faces which ones vanished completely.

Tej wipes his wet cheeks smiling slightly at the duo. He never saw Varun apologizing to his elder brother after their fight months ago just because Mrityunjay told him to concentrate on his studies and enjoy real life instead of making friends online who are mostly fake. Once Varun realised his mistake, he deleted his account and decided to apologise to his big brother ever since he realised his mistake but he didn't know what to do, how to apologise. He was living in guilt, trying to figure it out but he just couldn't find enough courage to just enter his room and apologise to his elder brother.

Mrityunjay pats his younger brother's head lightly and says lowly with moist eyes, "Nothing will go wrong. She will be fine. She has to. Don't worry." They break the hug. Mrityunjay wipes Varun's wet cheeks and says, "Don't think negative. She will be fine. Let's just pray to God, okay?"

Varun nods and says meekly looking at his shoes, "I'm sorry, Bhai-sa . . ."

Mrityunjay smiles slightly being truly happy as his baby brother realised his mistake. He slaps his cheek lightly with brotherly love and says smiling, "It's okay."

Finally Varun smiles and releases a breath which he has been holding for months. Arav hands him some water to drink and Darsh pats his head like an elder brother and says, "She will be fine, Champ." Varun nods again and smiles as Darsh smiles to cheer him up with Arav. Tej pats Varun's cheek with a smile and leaves to go in with Mrityunjay who tells Darsh and Arav to take care of their friends and the kids.

*

Manav brings tea and water and some snacks for everyone with the help of Ajeet, Ariv, Shrishti, Shreya and Kritika. He goes near Vihaan who was leaning on a wall standing with folded hands quietly. He forwards a small water bottle towards him but Vihaan denies shaking his head. Tej sighs when Ajeet says pleading, "Bhaiya! प्यासे या भूखे रहने से वो ठीक नहीं हो जाएगी। Please पानी पी लीजिए! आप कितनी देर से प्यासे हो। You have neither eaten nor drunk anything since yesterday's morning."

[ Translation : "Bhaiya! Being thirsty or hungry won't cure her. Please drink water! How long have you been thirsty? You have neither eaten nor drunk anything since yesterday's morning." ]

"I'm fine, Ajeet. Please leave me alone." Vihaan says in a low tone with tear stained cheeks looking down finding the hospital floor the only interesting place to look at and eyes full of pain and anger.

Ajeet was going to protest when Manav stops him by putting a hand on his shoulder and shaking his head in denial getting Ajeet's attention. Manav knows well that his friend will not listen to anyone and will not eat or drink anything unless Nishi opens her eyes and he makes sure that she is fine and out of danger now.

Kabir was looking at the OT door again and again with Ariv while Rohan stands there remembering the time they spent with her looking at the ceiling with expressionless eyes. They asked another team to take incharge on their behalf back at the police station. How a stranger teenager came and turned their lives upside down within few days bringing smiles to these faces was not a joke or a small thing to them. They still remember what she told them, "How about this? I'll mind my own business, you mind yours?" They were guilty because she knew them more than others and she knew well that they will not believe her which made them more guilty.

Anshuman was standing numbly just like Gia, not knowing what to do, how to react. The only child for whom they all were waiting to come home safe and sound, the only child for whom they have been trying their best to save her from every danger, was in danger today just because of their own stupidity. Ritesh stands silently and pats Kabir's and Anshuman's shoulders and they come back to their senses standing straight. Anshuman gives a side hug to Gia who hugs him as she cries and prays to God for her cousin's safety. Arushi hands Gia a tea cup but she denies. Anshuman signals Arushi to let her be while caressing Gia's arms to calm her down kissing her hair softly. Gia's tears had no end but she feels better by her brother's action that her cousin will be fine even if deep down Anshuman knew anything could have happened to their cousin.

After half of an hour, suddenly the OT's door opens and all heads snap in its direction including Arav and Jay who exchange looks as they came to check in there. The duo walks fastly towards the OT. They all were going to ask the doctors about the patient's condition thinking that the operation is done finally but then to their surprise, the big team of 4 doctors and 3 nurses takes the patient out of the OT. Vineet, Anuradha, Ajay, Bhishma and Karuna stand up and Vineet asks in a hurry walking with them, "Doctor, where are you taking her?" They all wait curiously for the doctors to speak up. But no one answers to their surprise.

"HURRY UP!" Dr. Sakshi Ratnakar shouts to the nurses.

All were confused. But their hearts almost stopped just as they see her pale face covered with oxygen mask and her breathing heavily state. Karuna's breath hitches seeing her condition just like others. Their hearts tremble with fear seeing her condition not knowing if they will be able to talk to her ever again or not? She was fighting for her each and every breath and all they could do was to wait. . . .

Dr. Nishant comes forward and decides to clear their confusion and informs everyone while the team takes Nishi to somewhere else, "We are shifting her to the ICCU!" He says in a hurry.

"How is she? She will be fine na?" Bhishma asks frowning with concern, eyes moist with pain reflecting his regression.

Nishant looks at them angrily frowning to their shock. He was hell angry at them for her state but he shuts his mouth just because of the situation. He knows his one slip of tongue might raise Nishi's problems for now and it may even give her father a heart attack which he did not need to handle at this crucial time. Dr. Nishant calms himself down and says looking at them professionally, "Her case is critical. So, we are shifting her to the ICCU. She lost a lot of blood which is making it difficult to save her. There is no shortage of blood in the Hospital's Blood Bank but her body is too weak now and surprisingly she is not responding to the medicines. Looks like she didn't eat good enough and didn't take good care of herself well in the past two months. I'll not lie to you all. It's quite difficult to save her."

"It's quite difficult to save her." Dr. Nishant's words ring in their heads.

Vineet holds Karuna as she faints on the spot and was going to fall on the floor. Ajay pleads to Dr. Nishant joining his hands, "Please save her, Nishant! I'm begging you, Beta! Please! I'll do anything to save her! Please!"

Dr. Nishant was somewhere hell scared for the kid himself. He had no idea what the future holds. He was in fear. Nishant was angry too but seeing their condition and their helpless state, he consoles Ajay putting his hands down holding them gently, "Please don't do this, Uncle! We are trying our best. बाकी. . . . .pray to God!" Then he turns to all, "And please take care of yourselves, everyone. I'm sure she will not like to see you all in such state. Pray for her safety. I have to leave now. Take care. Don't lose hope." He says and leaves patting Vihaan's arm.

'You have to get better soon, Nish! YOU HAVE TO!' Nishant thinks walking away. It was easy for him to console others but he was hell worried for her himself.

[ Translation : बाकी – rest / remaining ]

Vihaan takes his mother in his arms and makes her rest in a vacant room. He sits near his mother and takes her hand in his hands kissing it gently as tears flow down his cheeks. He bites his lower lip and tries to hold in his sob. Vineet puts his hand on Vihaan's shoulder making him leave his mother's hand gently and hug his father tightly like a toddler scared of darkness. Vineet caresses his back to calm him down and says, "सब ठीक हो जाएगा, बेटा! सब ठीक हो जाएगा!"

[ Translation : "It's gonna be alright, son! It's gonna be alright!" ]

* * *

It was 09:00 p.m. now. Tej sent Varun and his friends safely back to their homes to which they couldn't deny but they requested him to keep them updated. The operation was still going on because it was more than just two bullets unknown to them.

Vihaan somehow sends Anuradha and Karuna forcibly back to home where now Sukanya, Radha, Kalpana, Kirti, Dr. Trisha, Gia, Arushi, Nikita and Shreya were with her. They somehow forced her to eat as her sugar level went low. Dr. Smriti still needed to see some cases. Shrishti and Kritika were busy in digging up Chhabra family's grave as they take help of their secret agents' teammates to dig in for more information about her family. Mrityunjay, Ajeet and Ariv took them all back to home while Rohan dropped Garima, Arika and their friends back to their homes safely with the help of the security teams. Ariana was at the company to postpone all the meetings and work and see the left over work to finish.

Hardly 1 hour passed when Karuna and all went back to their homes. Vihaan was waiting outside the ICCU for the operation to get done with his father, uncles, friends and juniors aka Nishi's seniors who did not go back to their homes, no matter how much Tej and Bhishma tried. The more time it was taking, the more scared they were.

Suddenly the door opens revealing the big team of doctors and nurses finally coming out after 3 more hours of operation. They all stand up straight in front of them with curious eyes and restlessness in their hearts.

Dr. Sakshi exchanges looks with Dr. Avinash, Dr. Tahira Talwar and Dr. Nishant as she was the most senior among them. Dr. Sakshi was not only a senior doctor to Smriti, Trisha, Nishant, Tahira, Avinash and some other doctors but she was also an elder sister to them and was not less than a family. She would guide them not only as a doctor but also as an elder sister in life when needed as she used to be their senior in college too.

Sakshi clears her throat and says professionally looking at all of them, "We already took out the bullets in the operation theatre earlier but surprisingly it was not enough. She lost a lot of blood but her life got into danger due to some complications which we couldn't understand what they were. Somehow we saved her and now she is out of danger." Her last words give a relief to all of them and Vihaan lets out a breath he didn't know that he was holding in since the time he saw her getting shot. But Sakshi's next words turn the environment tensed again, "But not completely."

"What do you mean, Sakshi Beta?" Dhananjay asks worriedly frowning.

"How many times she got operated before?" Tahira asks them.

They all look at Bhishma for an answer because he was the closest to her and was the only one in contact with her. "Only once when she got into a car accident just one month before coming here in India."

They look at him with shock as no one had any idea about her accident before landing in India. However, Rohan, Kabir, Anshuman, Shreya, Ariv, Dr. Nishant and Dr. Smriti already knew about it as she got food poisoning before but Nishi's seniors had no idea what they are talking about. Vineet, Ajay and others were looking at Bhishma with blaming eyes that he hid such big news from them which makes him gulp hardly.

"Just one?!" Dr. Avinash asks him being bewildered. Bhishma nods.

"This is impossible! I'm sure you are hiding something from everyone, Bhishma Uncle! Please, tell the truth!" Tahira requests frowning sternly.

"Beta! I'm not hiding anything. Trust me! I only hid this accident incident because Nishu told me that everyone will get worried. And how does it matter to tell them now that she is fine. So, I agreed." Bhishma says apologetically.

"How could you hide such big thing from us just because she asked you to? She is a kid! And you became a kid with her too?" Anshuman's father, Ajay asks him scolding Bhishma like a big brother making him stand uncomfortably.

"But हुआ क्या है, दी?" Vihaan asks frowning at the senior doctor.

[ Translation : "But what's the matter, Di?" ]

"हुआ ये है Vihaan that Nishi had at least 4 operations including the one Bhishma Uncle is talking about." Dr. Sakshi drops the bomb calmly on the crowd to which Anshuman, Bhishma, Rohan, Kabir, Mrityunjay, Rajveer and Tej shout with shock in unison, "WHAT?!", while others put their hands over their mouths in utter shock and Vihaan stands like a statue in shock and hell confusion.

[ Translation : "Vihaan, the matter is that Nishi had at least 4 operations including the one Bhishma Uncle is talking about." ]

*End of the chapter.*

Author :

How was the chapter?
What do you guys do when you are unable to sleep?

Thanks for reading!
Smile please!
:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 318K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
664K 36.8K 83
Life gives ups and downs to everyone. Some sad memories & some good one. But when sometimes the sad memories are related to a good person, it breaks...
19.4K 1.4K 21
Four life's four people.... Two dead but other two's life used to revolve around them . What will happen when they will get to know how the one's who...
7.8K 470 28
NOT AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE ROMANCE āœ©"Where choices meet destiny ,a story unfolds."āœ© _________________ ā‹† Vanya Arora ā‹† ā‹…"If I want it, it's mine"ā‹… 24...