M̷Y̷ ̷N̷A̷M̷E̷ ̷I̷S̷ ̷B̷L̷U̷R...

By jiminandhisjamsx

❛ The normals cry, the crazies laugh. ❜ ━ Five years ago, when Do Haru was nineteen years old, she witnessed... More

Important!
𝐈.
𝐈𝐈.
𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐈𝐕.
𝐕.
𝐕𝐈.
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐈𝐗.
𝐗.
𝐗𝐈.
𝐗𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐈𝐕.
𝐗𝐕.
𝐗𝐕𝐈.
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.
𝐗𝐈𝐗.
𝐗𝐗.
𝐗𝐗𝐈.

𝐕𝐈𝐈.

49 6 0
By jiminandhisjamsx

Chapter 7; Bouquet of Red Roses

Why does it have to be you though? Why did it have to be you?

───── ❝ m.yg. ❞ ───── 

As Haru and Yoongi prepared dinner, they chatted about their shitty, non-shared classes. Haru was a sucker in the kitchen, but luckily, she had Chef Min. They'd always laugh together while cooking and Yoongi would always take on harder tasks or help Haru when she needed it. That night the two made Bulgogi.

Once the cooking part was done, the two accommodated themselves at the table and began eating. A calm and warm atmosphere filled the living room. 

Haru's average-sized apartment was loved by both, her and Yoongi. Her parents had helped Haru buy it along with all the furniture, and it was perfect in her opinion. Basically, it was exactly how she wanted and imagined it. The overall look was mysterious and elegant. Although it was nothing like Joo Dantae's Penthouse¹, she still loved it. 

 'I've always liked your apartment, we have similar taste,' Yoongi muttered, placing a spoon of rice in his mouth. 

Just then a faint purring sound vibrated in the room, making the two friends turn to look at the door that connected the living room to a hallway in which Haru's room and bathroom were to be found.

Yeongi appeared, walking majestically, taking careful steps as his beautiful black fur shone under the lights of the living room. His crystal-like blue eyes shone like gems, holding a sparkle of mystery. 

'Ah, Yeongi... his name has always been funny to me,' Yoongi giggled, smiling affectionately at the black cat.

'It sounded like the perfect name to me. "Yeongi" means smoke and many other things, but I thought it would suit him as in black smoke. Also, Yeongi sounds like Yoongi. And lastly, Yoongi looks like Yeongi,' Haru explained with a big grin. 

Meanwhile, under the table, Yeongi began rubbing himself against Yoongi's legs. The cat was very much fond of the man which seemed weird to Haru because the two clicked right away when usually Yeongi would be very unwelcoming. 

'What would you mean with the claim that I look like Yeongi?'

'Well I don't know, you just look very much like a cat. As soon as I adopted him, I knew what name to give him. The wordplay was just too funny for me. It's so cute, he is like a cat mini version of you.' 

Haru's smile was so bright that it warmed up Yoongi's heart. 

A euphoric twinkle unknowingly crept up Yoongi's lips as he watched his best friend lift her cat and pat him. Yeongi leaned into her touch, his purring becoming louder. And once again, the twenty-eight-year-old man found himself in one of those slow-motion-like moments; it felt like a movie. He was genuinely jocund, despite all the shit that had happened in his life, thanks to her, he was smiling genuinely.

It was so genuine that he hadn't even noticed he was grinning. Sometimes, in moments like that, he even forgot that he should be looking that way at his girlfriend, which he never once did. Sometimes, in moments like that, he even forgot the fear that surrounded him, the one that made him so jittery about losing her. 

'You're staring at me with heart eyes,' Haru pointed out, placing Yeongi back onto the ground. Yoongi looked down shyly, patting the nape of his neck in embarrassment. 'Yoongs?' she suddenly chimed, and as he looked up, she was palming her chin and pursing her lips cutely, a glint of mischieve buried in her brown eyes. He just hummed in response. 'Be my bro forever, okay?' 

Yoongi snorted, falling back into his chair as he hooted with laughter. 'Of course,' he began, leaning onto the table as he reached out his hand, ruffling Haru's short hair. 'Where else would I go without you, silly?'

'Promise, promise,' Haru whined, sticking her pinky out and wiggling it in front of Yoongi's face. 

He crossed his arms, scoffing at her sudden puerileness, which he definitely didn't mind. She pouted, bouncing in her seat and slurring Yoongi's name, making the latter sigh and finally wrap his pinky around hers. 'Seal!' she ordered, and Yoongi shook his head, following her commands.

The two best friends chatted for twenty more minutes. However, when it was already eight-thirty p.m., Yoongi had to leave. So he patted Yeongi a couple of times and bid Haru goodbye before making his way to his car.

The drive to Haneul's house lasted exactly thirty minutes when usually it'd be twenty, he had to "thank" the traffic for that.

During the drive, it began pouring. He was glad he hadn't left any later than he did. As the man drove, he stared at the road ahead of him, slightly blurred and unclear due to the thick rain. The night sky was once again unlit and starless, except for the few angry clouds. 

Soon enough, Yoongi had made it to Haneul's apartment complex. He was lucky to find the usual Ajumma² still selling flowers nearby his girlfriend's house. Therefore, he was able to buy a bouquet of red roses—her favourite flowers. Yoongi had always found it amusing how Haru's favourite flowers were red roses too.

'Good evening, Mrs Shim,' the young man greeted his elder politely, not forgetting to bow. Mrs Shim's face instantly brightened up at the sight of her regular customer as she stood up to assist him. 'You look tired,' he noted, 'were there many customers today?'

'Not really.' the corners of the woman's lips turned downwards. 'There were actually only a few. I don't think my business is doing well recently.'

'Why's that? Last time I came here there were at least a dozen people, especially because the Dong-Hwan cemetery's nearby.' Yoongi frowned as the two strolled towards the department of roses sorted out by colours. He had always loved the shop for its neatness. No other flower shop that he had seen before labelled flowers, explained what they represented and arranged them by colours.

'I know, but these last few days people haven't been coming much,' Mrs Shim replied, "it's alright though, it happens. It's getting colder.' she smiled, looking out of the window. 'This is not the only flower shop in Seoul. Some weeks I'll have barely five customers a day, others I'll have over twenty in half a day... it all happens, Yoongi-ah.'

Mrs Shim always fluttered Yoongi with her beautiful mindset and motherly way of speaking; she was one of the very few people that managed to melt his heart.

'I've always admired you for your words,' Yoongi admitted, beaming at her. 'My heart melts a little every time I hear you calling me "Yoongi-ah". It almost feels like you're my mom.'

'Oh, you sweet boy! I bet you're a lovely son to your mother!' Mrs Shim chimed, her voice becoming slightly more high-pitched than usual as she almost wanted to squish the younger's cheeks. 'What would you like to buy today for Ms Haneul? The usual?'

'You know it!' Yoongi sing-songed and she instantly got to work. Mrs Shim grabbed a generous amount of roses and ideally wrapped them into white paper, giving the bouquet a very elegant and pure look. She also tied a light lilac string around it, making a perfect bow.

'Thank you so much, Mrs Shim.' Yoongi grabbed the flowers from the woman's hand, handing her more cash than she had requested, but she didn't even notice. That was how much she trusted Yoongi, she didn't need to count his money. 'Have a great day!' His eyes crinkled kindly at Mrs Shim as he made his way out of the shop.

He then made his way to his girlfriend's apartment which was only a few metres away.

Yoongi ran the bell, trying his best to hide the red roses behind his back, bouncing on his feet excitedly. His heart was beating fast as he bit onto his lower lip shyly. In a minute, the door was opened, revealing Haneul. Yoongi's heart melted instantly, realizing he had missed her more than he thought. She was beautiful, she had always been. 

Her long, light brown hair, almost orange-ish, shone under the lights, showing just how silky they were. And her crimson lipstick along with the black eyeliner only made his heart beat faster. 'What did I expect?' Yoongi scoffed mindlessly, making his girlfriend frown in confusion. 'You always look so good...'

Instantly, a sheepish grin stretched over her lips. Yoongi analysed her outfit as well and was upset to figure that he could imagine it perfectly on Haru. Even their style was similar, yet they detested each other. 

Haneul was wearing a black Dolam sweater along with black leather leggings. Simple yet classy; just like freaking Do Haru. Doing his best to shake these thoughts aside, he pulled the bouquet from behind his back.

Haneul gasped. Even though she knew Yoongi always bought her flowers when he visited her at her house, she was always stunned. It made her feel loved.  

'You always get surprised even though you know I'll buy them,' Yoongi said, watching her accept the bouquet before asking him to follow her inside. He closed the door behind himself and took his coat along with his shoes off.

The man admired, in comfortable silence, as his girlfriend placed the flowers into her usual vase. A pretty Chinese-style white and blue vase. Once she was done, she looked up at him, and as their eyes met, the two giggled. 'Come here,' Yoongi whispered.

Haneul excitedly ran into Yoongi's arms, the couple falling onto the couch with her on top of him. She wrapped her arms tightly around Yoongi's torso as he rested his upon Haneul's shoulders.

'I missed you,' she mumbled, making Yoongi chuckle. He patted her hair, telling her that he missed her as well. 'Next time you better invite me to your apartment!'

'Yes, I am sorry about that.' he sighed. 'Your house is way prettier, plus, you don't have to drive. That's why I prefer to come here.'

'Were you with Haru before this?' Haneul inquired composedly. 'She likes strong perfumes,' she added, surprisingly not sounding upset or mad about it. 

'Mh,' Yoongi hummed, 'We had therapy today.' he was honest, not finding it weird that he smelt like another girl. Anyone would have found it weird, in fact, initially, Haneul did too; until she got used to it. 

'I know,' Haneul replied, 'but therapy or not, you are always with her. I know you've already explained that you are just best friends, and I am not saying you are cheating, you aren't a man like that, Yoongi. Heck, if I didn't know that. But we only see each other twice a week, if I am lucky enough, three times. When will this whole babysitter-like thing end?'

Once again, Yoongi was startled by the rather gentle and calm tone she was speaking in. 'I am sorry,' he murmured. 'I know that I spend so much time with her, and I am glad you know that we are just friends. She is literally my younger sister and I wish you two would get along, so the three of us could spend time all together. But you know, she needs me, and I know you do too.'

'But Y/N doesn't trust anyone, and she needs someone to watch out for her. I already explained that like me, she is ill. However, her illness may provoke reactions in which she needs someone who she knows and understands her to help. My illness is different, I simply don't remember my past.'

'Why does it have to be you though? Why did it have to be you?' Haneul's agony was begging to show slightly, making Yoongi heave another sigh. He patted her hair again.

'How could I know?' Yoongi shrugged, but then saw his girlfriend's dissatisfied expression. 'Because I love her, Haneul-ah. She was a traumatized kid and I was a depressed kid who had lost his memories.'

Haneul's heart broke a little... Yoongi loved Haru. Although as a friend, he loved her. 

'Then if we get along? If you tell Haru to stop being a bitch because I will too, can't I also spend as much time with you? With you and her at least?' her eyes became glossy. She looked almost like one of those modern Disney princesses with huge eyes and sparkles in them.

'I'll ask her, okay?'

'Okay.'

'I love you, Haneul.'

She smiled, 'So do I, Gi-ah.'

TO BE CONTINUED...

Author-nim's note:

Joo Dan Tae's Penthouse¹=reference to the K-Drama "Penthouse: War in Life"
Ajumma
²=translates as "madame" in English—basically how anyone would address a woman usually older than thirty years old.

Published date: 1/08/2021.

Word count: 2,069.

—jiminandhisjams

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 820 51
24-year-old Lee Munhee's life was ordinary. The constant comparison between her and her brother, Lee Sungho made by their parents, had become a daily...
236K 9.1K 30
|| Status : ☑|| "Not even in my wildest dream I could've thought about you, out of all the people in this world...would betray me." "Why...?" 《WARNIN...
44.4K 2.5K 37
"I remember It was a beautiful night" "Snowflake covering everything in white,Just like every winter." "But that is the last thing I remember." That...
Kiss √ By peach

Fanfiction

372K 16.4K 61
❝she leaves behind a red kiss.❞ in which a cold-hearted murderer finds herself involved with the biggest gang in seoul. ━━━━━━ @peachies ✓ highest r...