JULIET {remus lupin}

By saffyxoxox

~where the best friend of Regulus Black finds that she has friends in unlikely places~ marauders era VERY slo... More

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGHTY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR
EIGHTY FIVE
EIGHTY SIX
EIGHTY SEVEN
EIGHTY EIGHT
EIGHTY NINE
NINETY
NINETY ONE
NINETY TWO
NINETY THREE
NINETY FOUR
NINETY FIVE
NINETY SIX
NINETY SEVEN
NINETY EIGHT
NINETY NINE
CHAPTER 100
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE
ONE HUNDRED AND TWO
ONE HUNDRED AND THREE
ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR
ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE
ONE HUNDRED AND SIX
ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT
ONE HUNDRED AND NINE
ONE HUNDRED AND TEN
ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE
ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN

FOURTY FOUR

8.1K 420 284
By saffyxoxox

Juliet was awoken harshly by Regulus the next morning. He was shaking her shoulders and gripping onto one of her hands.

"Something's come up," he whispered to her. "He wants it done today."

"What?" The witch asked, still in a dazed state. "Who-"

"The Dark Lord," Regulus hissed. "You'll get the mark today."

Juliet sat up suddenly, not caring that Regulus could so clearly see her fear. 

"No- he said I could have a week- my father-"

"It's happening today," the boy said, standing up and straightening out his shirt. 

"Who else- Arabella?"

Regulus shook his head, "not that I know of. Only you."

"I thought I had a week," she said sadly.

His jaw stiffened as he looked at the dark haired witch in front of him, "it wouldn't have made any difference, Jules," he paused, debating his next words after their argument the previous night. "You'll be okay, I was."

"Okay," she echoed quietly.

Ophelia Rosier swooped into the room the second that the door shut from Regulus' departure. Her features softened at the sight of her childhood friend fighting back tears, she sat beside her and wrapped her arms around her tightly, wondering how to comfort the witch.

"Regulus told me it'll happen today," she whispered.

Juliet sighed and nodded her head, wiping away the stray tears that she had allowed to fall.

"There's nothing I can do about it, is there?"

"I don't think so," the witch sighed. "It's okay, after a while. The pain is bearable."

"It's not the pain I'm bothered about."

"Juliet, be careful what you say," Ophelia said, suddenly more serious.

"Fine," she huffed. "I just wish my father could be there."

"That's better," the witch smiled. "I think that Abraxas is having some trouble, though. Getting him out of Azkaban is proving harder than they expected."

"The Dark Lord can't break people out of Azkaban?" Juliet asked sourly.

Ophelia tensed, "of course he can, I didn't say that, I meant-"

"Relax, Rosier. I won't tell on you."

"The Dark Lord doesn't want to get involved in a matter which he deems as unimportant. It risks revealing himself too early."

"Unimportant? My father is-"

"Nathaniel is mediocre, at best. His loyalties are constantly questioned and he is not as useful as he may have led you to believe."

"He's my father-"

"The Dark Lord doesn't care who your father is, Romilly."

"He clearly does or else-"

"Stop," the witch hissed. "You have to be more careful of what you say."

"Why isn't Arabella getting the mark? She told me she thought she would be made to, Persephone has, after all-"

Perfectly on cue, Arabella Greengrass entered Juliet's room, followed by a sullen looking Persephone Parkinson. 

"You okay, Juliet?" Persephone asked stiffly, although the two had been on civil terms for months, it was hard to look past the differences that they had faced that year. Before the witch could respond, Arabella had thrown her arms around her and was crying harder than Juliet had all morning. 

"Oh, it's so awful, so soon as well-"

"Bella," Ophelia snapped. "It certainly isn't awful."

"I didn't mean that... I just meant... it'll hurt..."

Juliet laughed a little, "yes, well. I'm sure we're bound to endure much worse in this war."

Persephone stiffened and Arabella looked around the room uncomfortably.

"Get a grip, girls. That's what this is," Ophelia said confidently. "A war that we'll win."

"Or die in," Arabella said glumly.

Juliet rolled her eyes, not wanting the tone of the day to worsen anymore than it had. 

"Be glad you aren't getting it today, Bella."

"It's only a matter of time, I'm sure. I think my agreeing to marry Crouch has made everyone hold off a little..."

"You're marrying Barty?" Juliet asked, slightly surprised.

"Jealous, Romilly?" The witch joked.

"Persephone has the mark, and she's marrying Caius."

Arabella shrugged, "perhaps because my family is of the least importance the Dark Lord doesn't see us as a priority. My elder brother's wife, Rosalie, she doesn't have it either, sometimes the wives are spared."

"I'm marrying Regulus," Juliet said suddenly, "so why should I?"

"Your family," Ophelia said.

"My mother," she corrected. 

"And father," the witch shrugged. "The Romilly's loyalty has been in question for a long time, it goes back to when our parents were at school together according to my father. It's hardly surprising that the Dark Lord has requested that you get it."

"I suppose so," she mused.

Narcissa Black appeared at her bedroom door, holding out a letter. 

"Your father was informed that you would be receiving the mark today. Abraxas saw him and he wrote out a letter for you," she said, handing Juliet the parchment. Ophelia, Persephone, and Arabella all moved a little closer, craning their necks to try and read Nathaniel Romilly's words. Narcissa coughed and tilted her head, "girls, out."

My Dearest Juliet,

I cannot express how proud I am of you in this moment, it is something which your mother and I waited for since your birth. It utterly breaks my heart that I will not be with you tonight, seeing you develop into the strong woman that I so know you are. However, it consoles me that while I am away, you will be fully initiated into our club. Everyone will care for you as I am sure they are now, and I am bursting with excitement to see how training has changed you when I return. Good luck, Juliet.

Your Father.

The witch skimmed the words before setting the parchment alight in the corner of her room, everything the man said to her was a lie. She was sure that her mother did not want this for her, and that pushed her to fight a little. There was no way of getting out of getting the mark now, but did that doom her for life? Yesterday Godric's Hollow was a fleeting moment of hope for her but she knew that she could not count on a few Gryffindors to help her. Her mind skipped to Andromeda Black. She did it, maybe she could contact her somehow. It seemed unlikely.

 Three knocks on her door from Druella Black interrupted her thoughts and told her that it was time.

She was numb, afterwards. There had never been a pain quite like it and her life felt put into perspective. Any thoughts of leaving this life had escaped her, she realised what the Dark Lord was fully capable of, of the hurt that he could inflict. It wasn't worth it for anything. As she'd writhed on the floor images of her father murdering Colin's family haunted her, that could be her one day. She had as good as signed up for it. The fear that she had had for the Dark Lord was amplified now, he was truly terrifying and she understood why no one dared to say a bad word about him.

Regulus and Ophelia had watched, seemingly putting aside their past troubles as they gripped each other's hands, willing each other to not run to Juliet. Abraxas Malfoy had dragged her out of the room afterwards, Juliet remembered his cold hands on her arms, she had been locked in her room for what felt like days, but the sky told her that it had only been a few hours. She hadn't looked yet, but the more she woke up and the more the pain became real, she willed herself too.

There it was, huge and ugly, taking up her entire forearm. The mark that had made her sob when she saw it on Persephone now occupied her own skin. She longed for someone to tell her that it was okay, that she hadn't signed her own death warrant.

Narcissa came to her a few hours later and found the girl staring blankly at her arm, the older witch's eyes filled with tears slightly but she bit her tongue and they retreated.

"Juliet," she said breezily. "There is a party for you downstairs."

"What for?" She asked dryly.

"A congratulations," Narcissa smiled tightly.

"I don't want it."

"Get up," she whispered harshly. "You have to go down and you know it."

"Is he there?"

Narcissa almost laughed, "no, Juliet, the Dark Lord doesn't frequent our parties. Now, come."

Juliet took one last look at her arm before pulling herself out of bed and accepting Narcissa's arm. She followed the witch down the stairs and was greeted by an applause and sounds of laughter and glasses clinking. Ophelia and Arabella smiled at her sadly while Persephone clapped stiffly from beside Caius. 

"Well then," Orion boomed, looking in the direction of Regulus. "Greet your fiancee!"

Regulus walked over to Juliet confidently and took her hand, before quickly kissing her on the mouth and pulling her into him. 

More applause followed and Juliet allowed herself to be seated at a table opposite Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa Black.

The wizard smiled and extended a hand to the witch,

"Welcome, Juliet."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 37.8K 45
Marauders Era, Enemies to lovers, LONG and painful. "Is there another life? Shall I awake and find all this a dream? There must be, we cannot be cre...
31.2K 978 41
"𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑?" rhiannon was...
12.3K 221 17
Veronica 'Ronnie' Lupin grew up close with her brother, Remus, and his idiotic friends who all acted as if they were her personal bodyguards, making...
827K 20.2K 116
𝓛𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓤𝓹 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓴𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓜𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓪 𝓐𝓶𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓪 𝓓𝓮 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓵. The brightest and sweetest witch in her year. She could neve...