nicknames, jacob black.

Bởi jaspertheeworld

a story in which sam's little sister falls in love. both nicknames and promises (the sequel) are completed. 2... Xem Thêm

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen right here
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
sequel?

the final goodbye.

3.2K 50 30
Bởi jaspertheeworld

dear readers,

firstly i would like to say thank you so much for 100,000 reads (right now we're on like 120,000 reads) and for all the comments, love and messages i get. this story has been one of my favourite things to ever do and write and i really don't understand how happy it makes me to see people enjoy my work.

anyways, i just realised that they're set in california and it's sunny so let's just imagine that they wear daylight amulets like in that one show. also without reading the sequel, this final chapter makes absolutely no sense so you have to read it otherwise you'll be lost!

this chapter has 10,822 words (without my mini thank you letter) so make sure you're free when you're reading this.

i can't milk this story anymore than i have already so sadly, this is the final chapter. thank you so much for everything and i really hope you enjoy,

the final goodbye.

-

"see rosalie, i don't understand why i can't see him." octavia had her arm linked around rosalie's waist as they walked out the hospital together, "i just finished an eighteen hour shift and all i want to do is first get out of these scrubs then go and kiss, cuddle and love him."

rosalie helped octavia walk to her car, walking around to the driver seat, "cause it's your wedding day tomorrow. you're getting married and it's bad luck to see your spouse on your wedding day. that's why."

octavia sat in the passenger seat, latching her seatbelt on and frowning slightly, "isn't that a tradition used for when arranged marriages were a huge thing and the fathers would hype their daughter so much in terms of looks so when the marriage papers were signed, the husband was stuck as divorces were frowned upon in such a religious society?"

rosalie blinked, "octavia-"

"sorry sorry." she sighed, pulling her knees up to chest and closing her eyes, "i am just really tired and really nervous and i really miss jacob."

"i know. but don't worry! jacob is with emmett, his best man and you're safe with me, your maid of honour and we are gonna have a great night together."

octavia smiled and thanked rosalie who smiled as she begun to drive, "are you sure i can't see him?"

"absolutely positive."

"but it's not midnight so technically it is not my wedding day."

rosalie glanced at the clock. it was 11:59pm. she smiled back at octavia for a few seconds until it hit 12:00am then gasped, "oops! it's your wedding day now."

"rosalie."

"i love you too."

-

it has been just over 6 years since bella died and a lot has changed has changed. after octavia finished her year of community college she headed out to stanford medical school with jacob and her best friends, emmett and rosalie by her side.

she persevered and did her 4 years of medical school and soon enough, she found herself becoming an intern at UCLA medical center. she was currently in her second year of her 7 year program. she had completed her intern year, passing the intern exam with flying colours and was the top resident in her class and everything seemed perfect. well, in all honesty, everything was perfect, especially with jacob by her side.

and jacob. jacob. life was only getting better for jacob. when they arrived in california, he immediately applied to a mechanical engineering apprenticeship. his boss and teacher, arthur scott, was an old man who was looking to hand down his business to hardworking young adult.

there was 10 people in his apprenticeship class and jacob was the only one remaining, as the proud owner of scott's garage for the past two years. this was everything jacob had ever wanted in his professional career and he was so happy that he could share this moment with octavia.

california was perfect for everyone, even for emmett and rosalie.

rosalie was hired as a nanny for high end celebs. it was perfect for her because she loved looking after little kids and treating them as her own and these celebrities were too busy to notice that she never ate or slept.

emmett was loving california too. he was a camp counsellor in the summer and a teaching assistant during school times. he too adored kids and wanted octavia and jacob to make a move on with it.

life for the four of them was amazing and relaxing. they really were the four bestest friends ever.

as for the others, life was good too. alice and jasper were still roaming the world with carlisle and esme. they visited a few times but mostly kept to themselves.

edward hadn't been seen since he ran off. nobody knew of his whereabouts, whether he was dead or alive, whether he had join the volturi or not. nobody knew.

the pack met up in california whenever they were free, which was not often and things never turned out normal. the air was always awkward and nobody knew what to do with each other so the visits were always short and boring.

it wasn't until the last time they visited where everything became normal again. leah and octavia became close, paul became chatty like he used to be, seth was seth and jacob was happy. they were coming for jacob and octavia's wedding which is what ava always wanted.

"any word from alice and jasper?" octavia asked rosalie. they were sitting together, getting their makeup done.

rosalie shrugged, "they sent a few gifts but didn't respond to the rsvp invitation so."

octavia hummed, "it is what it is." it didn't hurt that much as it had been a while since they had spoken. octavia had dropped any type of hope that her jasper and alice becoming friends anyways so it didn't hurt her that much.

it was still sad though.

-

"we have to be gone in thirty minutes so we can greet the guests and we don't have the rings." normally, jacob was calm, cool and collected but today, on his wedding day, he was stressed, sweaty and practically shitting bricks, "i've never met ava's work friends, i've met her mother like three times and for fucks sake i can't do this fucking tie!"

emmett held back a laugh. he walked over to jacob and spun him around and did his tie for him. jacob closed his eyes, taking in the moment to relax, "all done." emmett smiled when jacob opened his eyes, who nervously returned the smile.

"is it normal to feel this nervous?"

"yes, i think." emmett shrugged, "i don't know to be honest cause rosalie and i have gotten married like more times i can count."

jacob rolled his eyes and fixed his shoes and outfit one last time, "we need to go and get those rings."

"no need." emmett winked cheekily as they walked out the hotel, down to the parking where a driver stood waiting for the two, "i had a feeling we'd be a bit behind so i got sam to pick up the rings and seth will be greeting any guests if they're early."

"where would i be without my dearest emmett-boo?" jacob teased, jokingly kissing emmett's forehead. the two stared at each other in their car before bursting out laughing.

-

"nervous?" rosalie asked octavia. she was helping her put on the necklace jacob got her when they first started dating before helping her put on her veil.

octavia gave a little spin and giggled before pulling in rosalie for a tight hug, "actually i am not which is totally weird cause jacob is the calm one between us but, no, i'm quite happy and calm. we always knew we were going to get married, we wrote our vows years ago and i've been mrs and doctor black for years now so no i am not."

"then are we ready?" rosalie held ava's hand. she smiled and nodded and the two walked out their private room and down the stairs to the door that led up to the aisle.

there was a quite buzz coming from the chapel that sent octavia's heart pace racing. in her head, jacob and her were married for so long anyways but it was a private marriage. only her, emmett,
rosalie and jacob really knew for the past 8 years and sharing the marriage and the specialness to everyone was terrifying.

"there is the bride." sam walked over to his sister and hugged her tightly. she smiled brightly and hugged him back, her eyes shut in case she cried, "you look amazing little sister."

"thank you sammy." she whispered, pulling away and linking arms with him.

when octavia was younger and she realised how crappy her father was, whenever she'd mentally marry her celebrity crushes- like young leonardo dicaprio, she would imagine sam walking her down the aisle.

so when jacob and octavia decided it was right to have an official wedding, sam was the first person told. it was an emotional call and a moment neither siblings would be able to forget.

"everybody good?" sam asked the room of bridesmaids.

leah whooped, sophia and emily clapped and rosalie looked back to octavia and gave her a thumbs up and blew her a sisterly kiss. octavia pretended to catch it and put it on her cheek.

"time to get married." octavia took a long breath and released it out slowly as the doors to the aisle opened and the bridesmaids began to walk down on the aisle.

"ready?" sam whispered.

"as i'll ever be."

a smile widen on octavia's face when she heard the song play from the speakers. as they planned their wedding, jacob chose the song that she'd walk down the aisle to and refused to tell ava, which practically ate her alive.

jacob stood at the end of the aisle with his hands behind his back. as the song started to play, his ears turned red immediately and he squeezed his eyes shut with his head down, afraid if he'd open them that he'd cry.

octavia took a shaky step with sam when the final bridesmaids were at the front of the aisle. there was less than a minute left to the song but to jacob it felt like hours.

and if you have a minute, why don't we go

the guests sitting on the pews turned around to face octavia and sam. there were small gasps and the wedding photographer clung to their camera.

talk about it somewhere only we know

jolyene, octavia's mother had tears in her eyes. her little brother, who wasn't so little anymore, had a loving feeling in his stomach and her step father had a cheeky grin.

this could be the end of everything, so why don't we go

every step she took was foreign. it was so odd and so different, a new feeling that shocked her. when they arrived to the end of the aisle, sam let go of his sisters arm, gave her a proud smile before walking off to the groomsmen.

somewhere only we know

ava took up a step onto the small platform and let out a sigh of relief. jacob opened his eyes and looked up his soon-to-be-official wife.

somewhere only we know

"hi." ava whispered.

"hello." jacob responded.

somewhere only we know

jacob stared at ava with a smile. her dress was beautiful. it was a white laced dress that trailed on the floor a little. the straps were white lace and the dress was completely backless, something jacob requested. she had her mothers veil on that had been passed down from as far as her family went down. he winked at her and whispered she looked beautiful.

ava giggled quietly and pretended to flick her hair. for her wedding, she had it curled with some pieces braided. it wasn't anything special because both her and jacob wanted comfort over style.

she looked jacob up and down which he blushed too, feeling a bit shy. he was wearing a plain black suit and tie, classic and mature. his look was complete with boutonniere featuring blush blooms and burgundy accents which was the exact type of flowers ava got him on their 5th year anniversary.

jacob took a deep breath before nervously lifting the veil from ava's face. his heart raced a mile a minute when he could see her face clearly

honestly, neither jacob or octavia paid attention to what the reservation elder, who was officiating their wedding, was saying. they were both staring into each others eyes, happy and in love.

"your vows?" the elder cleared his throat and the room let out quiet giggles.

the almost wed couple giggled and jacob stood up proud and still, holding her hands, "ava, my dearest ava. i love you."

the room cooed and ava mouthed i love you too.

"i have loved you since the minute we met and every time the clock ticks i love you even more." he cleared his throat gently, "ava you have been my best friend since we met. you are the reason i smile, i cry and i live and the reason why i feel at peace everyday.

"you are strong, you are beautiful and you are the smartest person in my life. you believe in me even when i don't believe in myself and you always tell me that you love me even when i don't love myself and for that, i am forever grateful.

"i've loved you for so long now and i can't wait to love you for the rest of time. i don't want to say to death we part or whatever the saying is because in every life, in heaven or hell and the other stuff, i will love you and i will never part your side.

"i love you ava." he gave her a bright smile, his eyes full of tears.

ava giggled quietly, squeezing his hands before starting her vows, "i am so glad i met you. you changed my life for the better and i love every moment with you and hate the moments without. so you can imagine how horrible it was not seeing you this week."

"right back at you." jacob said which the guests laughed at.

octavia cheekily grinned, hitting his shoulder before holding his hands again, "i had no idea that when i met you, in sam and emily's living room, that i'd be meeting the love of my life and the person i'd spend everyday with from that moment on.

"when you came into my life, i realised that what i thought was happiness was nothing. the life i had before you can't hold a candle to the life i have with you. you make everyday worth living,

"i'd choose you; in a hundred life times, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, i'd find you and i'd choose you. jacob," she took a little pause to stop herself from crying, "you make life worth living. you make all the pain and suffering go away. you make me, me.

"i love you means that i accept you for the person you are, that i will stand by you even through the worst, that i will be there with you when you need me to, that i'll be there when you aren't fun. i love you means i never want to let you go.

"so i love you and i can't wait to love you for eternity." she grinned jacob who grinned back before looking at the elder, "finished." she said cutely.

the elder smiled widely at the two as the ringbearer, emily and sam's daughter lucinda, walked over to jacob. he fist bumped the little girl which made octavia's heart skip a beat, she wanted to have his baby like mad whenever she saw him interact with kids. the little girl giggled at jacob and skipped over back to the bridesmaids.

paul and rachel's youngest son, anthony, walked over with the ring for octavia. he cutely hugged her legs and then handed her the rings which she thanked him for and watched him walk off before turning to face jacob.

"now repeat after me mr black." the elder said, "i, your name, take thee to be my wife,"

"i, jacob black, take thee to be my wife,"

"and before God and these witnesses,"

"i promise to be a faithful and true husband."

"i promise to he a faithful and true husband." jacob ended his portion of the official vows before sliding the ring onto octavia's ring finger. he held up her hand and kissed it gently, winking.

"and you too, doctor black." the elder turned to octavia, "i, your name, take thee to be my husband,"

"i, octavia uley black," she never had a middle name so when she changed her name from uley to black, she added uley as her middle name, "take thee to be my husband,"

"and before God and these witnesses,"

"i promise to be a faithful and true wife."

"i promise to be a faithful and true wife." ava held back a giggle before sliding the finger onto jacob's hand before placing his hand on her chest and whispering she loves him.

the elder stepped back for a second, so he wouldn't be in their first kiss wedding photo, "you may now kiss your partner."

"finally." jacob whispered before pulling octavia by her waist to his lips. when they kissed, he was really focused on making her feel good. his hands held her waist carefully and hers were on his chest. they pulled away quickly, so the guests didn't feel uncomfortable but his hands stayed on her waist.

octavia reached down and took of her heels, slipping into flats that were right beside her feet. she held her heels and hand jacob's hand with her free one. he nodded at her before they both started to run down the aisle and out the chapel.

octavia's giggles were loud and jacob's laugh was contagious. they sat together in the car they hired, giggling and laughing to their hearts content. octavia reached over and pulled up the shield so the driver couldn't see them before looking happily at jacob.

"hello."

"hi." he responded, leaning in and kissing her forehead, "you look beautiful."

"thank you." she blinked, stunned and in love.

jacob hummed, pulling ava in closer, being mindful that her dress didn't get dirty. he looked at her, a loving look on his face as he took in a proper look at her. she shyly tried to look away from him but when she did, he brought her back in, kissing her cheek softly, "i can't wait to love you for eternity."

"eternity and more." she giggled when she realised what she said didn't make any sense. but it was okay, cause jacob knew what she meant. he always knew.

-

two years later

it was 4am, jacob and octavia were sitting on the floor in their bathroom staring at the pregnancy test. they both stayed silent for the 5 minutes required to wait for the results. this was about the tenth test they had taken that month and it was the tenth test to turn negative.

the two kept staring at the test even when it turned negative, hoping that somehow they read the test incorrectly and somehow, someway; it'd turn positive. time flew by and soon it was 4.20am and the test was still negative. jacob took the test and threw it in the bin, kissing ava's forehead.

"i'm gonna make breakfast and you shower. we'll eat and then i'll drive you to work so you don't miss rounds, kay?" jacob offered, rubbing her back. a small smile grew on her face and she nodded, immediately getting up and stripping down before getting in the shower.

jacob stared at her fondly before throwing her pyjamas in the hamper and making his way downstairs to their kitchen. as he got their coffees and buttered pieces of toast ready, he thought to himself about the events in that bathroom.

of course it hurt him that after trying for a while and putting in all their efforts that they were unable to conceive. they would get so happy whenever octavia would buy another box of pregnancy tests because the thought of having children together was all they wanted that they began trying to conceive a few years before their scheduled attempts.

whenever the stick showed one line instead of two, a piece of jacob broke. it hurt like a bitch and he was almost always reduced to tears. all he ever wanted was to see mini-hims and mini-hers running around, to see them at their first day of school, to see them at their graduations, weddings, celebrations. that is all ever jacob wanted with octavia and they couldn't get it.

octavia sighed as she hopped out the shower, getting dressed and drying her hair. for her, it hurt less every time the test turned negative. it's like she knew before even peeing on the damned stick. at this point, she was kinda numb to it all.

she never spoke about how she felt about it either. any time jacob would bring it up, she would shut it down, afraid jacob would blame her from their lack of success. she knew that she was a strong woman and that she wasn't defined on whether she had a baby or not but it still hurt regardless.

she walked down the stairs and walked over to jacob who was reading his schedule for the day whilst eating a piece of toast. she wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his back, saying nothing.

jacob smiled softly when he felt her presence. he turned around and looked at octavia, who smiled gently, kissing her forehead down to her lips, "wanna talk about it?" he whispered gently against her lips.

immediately, she pulled away and the once happy smile on her face turned sour. she shook her head no and grabbed her toast, eating it and drowning her coffee. she grabbed her keys and her tote bag, gifted to her by rosalie.

"octavia, we need to talk about it some time or another." jacob said sternly. to be frank, he was quite annoyed with how octavia never spoke about how she felt and instead bottled it all up. it wasn't healthy and it was hurting jacob greatly.

"i don't want to." she replied as casually as she could, tying her shoe laces.

"we have to." jacob walked over to the front door and stood there so octavia couldn't leave, "just tell me how you feel about it."

octavia stared at him, not saying a word. she didn't know how to express how she felt. any time she thought about the negative tests, she would want to cry, she would want to break things, she would want to try again, she would want to quit, she would want so many things that she didn't know how to say it.

"i don't know how i feel." she said truthfully, "like it's really hard for me to explain this properly  but sometimes i'm okay then other times i don't feel-" she sighed, "can we not do this now?"

"if not now, then when? you never want to talk to me anymore! it's work, trying for a baby, negative test, sleep then repeat. how are we supposed to have a baby if we don't communicate?" jacob's voice grew louder with every passing second and he stepped closer to her, "i am sick and tired of this, i really am!"

jacob had never shouted at octavia before. not when they were teenagers, not when they moved to california, not even when they'd play games, he had never raised his voice at her. the two stared at each other in complete shock. the house was eerily silent and no cars drove past their house.

"i have work." ava whispered, "excuse me." she slipped past him and left their house, closing the door gently before getting into her car and driving off.

-

octavia's shift that day was 18 hours, starting at 5am and ending at 11pm so it is safe to say she had a lot of time to think about what happened that morning. on her drive home, she spoke to rosalie on facetime, explaining what happened. after a needed scolding by rosalie, octavia knew what to do.

when jacob heard the keys jingle in the door, he grew incredibly nervous. he had the day off so he spent all day thinking ava would come home and end things with him. he didn't mean to yell at her, he would never yell at her. it was the heat of the moment and he felt so sorry and his heart ached.

"ava?" he called out innocently like he wasn't waiting for her and instead was watching the game on tv. it was just a coincidence that she had arrived home as he was sitting in their living room.

"hey," she replied, slipping off her shoes and sitting in his lap. she snuggled into him, her arms wrapped around him loosely, "i am sorry for this morning, really sorry." she whispered.

"no i am sorry. i shouldn't have raised my voice at you, i was wrong. i am sorry my dearest ava." he responded, moving her slightly so she was facing him. he looked her in the eyes and held her waist, "i love you and i understand if you don't want to talk about what happened. i shouldn't force you to say how you feel if you aren't ready."

"i'd be a fool to let you take all the blame jacob." ava cuddled her head into jacob's neck. he automatically pulled her hair out it's high ponytail and ran his fingers through it, clearing it off all the nots and tension, "i'm sorry for not expressing how i felt, how i feel, what i'm thinking. i was scared that you were annoyed that i couldn't carry a baby and that you'd hate me for it which when i say out loud sounds very stupid-"

"very fucking stupid." he agreed.

"i know, i know. i should have just spoken to you cause i know you love me and i know that we can work through things like this. i guess i was just scared? i don't even know now really but i'm trying my absolute hardest jacob. i really want to have a baby with you but all these negatives are really hurting me mentally and i can't bare to see another one." she rambled, "i love you, i really love you so much and all i ever want to give to you are children and i know you'll be the best father in the world but every time i think about the pregnancy test, i feel weak and i lose my will to live. i wake up and i don't feel like getting out of bed jacob. i wake up and i don't feel like opening my eyes."

"ava." jacob said softly, "it's okay if you want to stop trying, okay?"

"are you sure?" she frowned light, "we can try one more time if you want us too."

"no, i care about you more than anything and if trying for a baby hurts you, then we can stop. having a baby is great, but having you be happy and healthy is better." he leaned in and kissed her forehead, "so how about we order some bomb ass hot wings and pizza and eat our faces off then sleep? unless you have work?"

"i start at 12pm tomorrow cause i'm almost at my 80 hour a week limit. so i'm good." she grinned, feeling relaxed.

jacob nodded and slowly pushed ava off his lap, "you go get dressed and i'll order us some food."

ava nodded and stood up walking to the stairs. she paused then turned around and faced a confused jacob. before he could ask her what was wrong, she pulled him down and gave him a long, loving kiss.

immediately, his arms were holding her waist and hers were wrapped around his shoulders. she pulled him close and as they kissed, ran her fingers up and down his neck. innocently, jacob pulled away from her lips and left a million and one kisses all over her face. she giggled and squeezed her eyes shut, feeling so happy and in love.

"i love you." jacob whispered quietly, resting his forehead on ava's.

"i love you more." she replied, a grin on her face.

-

"it's just really sad that you have to work on your birthday." jacob was walking octavia to her locker in the hospital. to be honest, he shouldn't even be in this area of the hospital but he wouldn't leave ava alone.

it had been just over a 6 months since they both decided to stop trying for children for the time being and they both were loving life and appreciating every moment as they could.

today was octavia's birthday, march the 30th, and all jacob wanted to do with her was sleep and cuddle and maybe go out bowling with rosalie and emmett.

however they couldn't. ava had an eighteen hour shift today and probably would be at the hospital over night in case she had a critical patient. jacob knew her job required a lot of effort and time and he was proud that she could save lives every day but it did bother him that she couldn't even take her birthday off.

octavia turned around and kissed jacob's chin, "i love you so much and i promise the first day i have off, we're going to celebrate and celebrate and celebrate." she responded, "now you have to go away or else i could get and into trouble and therefore wouldn't be in the mood to celebrate, hm?"

"i love you." jacob said quietly, sloppily kissing ava's forehead before watching her walk away and enter her locker room. his smile grew when he saw her interact with her friends at work. they were really nice to ava and that made jacob feel happy, he was glad she was spending the day doing something she loved with the friends she loved.

at around 8pm, octavia rushed home. she unlocked the door and squealed happily, "jacob? jacob!"

"ava? what are you doing home so early?" jacob came rushing down the stairs, "what's happening?"

"don't ask questions, just enjoy it." she grinned and practically jumped on him, wrapping her arms and legs around him, "i know you wanted to go out and have fun but i really just want to enjoy this moment with you."

"no worries my dear princess." jacob replied, slowly carrying ava up to their room. as he spoke his day, she snuggled close into his chest, holding onto him tighter when he got under their covers, "happy birthday."

"thank you." octavia giggled, smiling happily, "do i get a present?"

"do you?" jacob teased, his arm on ava's waist, "how about you get out of these scrubs and then we'll discuss your present, hm?"

"okay." she nodded, getting up and grabbing her towel. her shower wasn't long as she'd taken one in the morning so she was done in about fifteen minutes. she wrapped her hair in a towel and got into jacob's shorts and a cute button up shirt that she barely buttoned.

after about twenty minutes of ava catching up on her show, jacob came whistling upstairs to their bedroom. in his hands he held a pizza box with hot wings and a yellow satin-covered box. he put down the yellow box on the bedside table before sitting on their bed with a grin.

"okay so in order for me to get my present, i have had to shower and get into my pyjamas but now that i'm in my pyjamas, i have to eat and then get my present? it's starting to feel like i have to work for this now!" she teased, immediately grabbing a slice of pizza.

"exactly." jacob joked on, kissing her forehead before starting to eat with her.

as they ate, jacob and ava spoke about everything and anything. ava spoke about the cool patients that she had seen that day; the ones with rare conditions and cool back stories. jacob didn't really like the sight of blood but it was cool to him that surgery was ava's thing and how she saved lives everyday.

jacob also spoke about his work. he had an awesome interaction with a cool celebrity that day and couldn't wait to tell ava. cars didn't fascinate ava the way is fascinated jacob but she was as interested as ever because she loved jacob and that meant she loved his work too.

when they had finished eating, jacob cleaned up their boxes of food while ava cleaned up their bedsheets because jacob was an incredibly messy eater.

"do you ever miss forks?" ava asked jacob when they were done. they were cuddled up in bed now, ava's leg dangling over jacob and his hand sneakily reaching up from her thigh to her stomach that lay exposed.

jacob shrugged. talking about forks wasn't his favourite thing in the world, for obvious reasons. the last time the two visited forks and stayed for more than three days was when billy black died. it's safe to say that jacob was crushed. he barely spoke for days and it took a lot of encouraging and kisses for him to even consider having food or getting up.

after the death of jacob's father, they never visited forks for more than three days at a time. the memories were still too raw and besides, the two had moved on.

"i miss the pack." jacob responded eventually, "i really do. i know we see then often when they come and visit but they have kids now so we can't really do the normal stuff like running in the woods together, drinking until we're crazy drunk on the beach and karaoke- oh i miss our karaoke nights." he ran his fingers up and down her stomach, "what about you?"

"forks was cool, of course i loved it. i loved living with my big brother and i really loved learning about my heritage you know?" she said, closing her eyes, "i miss us the most though."

"how can you?" he asked confused.

ava shrugged, reaching over and gently scratching his chin with her hand, "i really miss us as teenagers as in how young and in love with used to be."

"are we not young and in love?"

"of course we are," she giggled, opening her eyes and kissing his neck softly. she kept her head nuzzled into his neck and continued on, "i miss our young love though, like when we were getting to know each other and stuff."

"sleepless nights cause we wouldn't shut up." jacob grinned, "sneaky kisses cause we were always around people."

ava blushed, her leg wrapping tightly around him, "friday date nights, tuesday homework nights, just regular fun stuff. i miss our first kisses, the first time we went on holiday together, the first time you saw me naked, the first i love yous and such."

"the first time i saw you naked, huh?" jacob chuckled quietly, "i know what you mean. i guess i kind of miss that too. we've been together for so long that i can't really remember life without you."

"neither can i." she whispered, leaving kisses up and down jacob's neck, "i love you."

"i love you too baby." he moved over and kissed her forehead gently before sitting up and grabbing the yellow box, "now my queen,"

"princess. queen sounds weird."

"okay my lovely princess," he grinned and dropped the yellow box in ava's lap, "your present." she looked at him intrigued, "i spent a long time thinking of presents to give you cause we've given each other so many presents in the past so we are kinda running out."

octavia giggled, "next year let's gift each other alcohol, alright?"

"deal." jacob responded, kissing her forehead, "but after a while i realised that the first present i ever gave you was a necklace with your name,"

"my nickname."

"will you let me finish?" jacob giggled, kissing ava's softly, "i was born in january and you were born in march. my birth stone is garnet and yours is aquamarine, and our thing is necklaces so," he took a deep breath before opening the box for her and handing her two necklaces.

"jacob," ava whispered quietly, her eyes brimming with tears.

"i love you ava, so much, way more than i can ever say or express. please remember that, even when i'm old and ugly."

"always." she responded with a smile. she turned a bit and let jacob hook the necklaces around her neck, giggling when he kissed the nape of her neck.

octavia immediately turned around and put away the box. she had a wide cheeky grin on her face, "you know i love you forever, right?"

"i do." he responded.

"and we haven't been in the face of danger for years now, right?"

"right."

"do you want to try again?" she said timidly after moments of silence.

jacob's eyes widened. he couldn't believe what he was hearing. it had been a long time since him and ava even spoke about trying for a baby again and jacob was convinced that it'd be a lot longer before they even considered the conversation.

ava's smile grew. to be truthful, she had been thinking about it for a while. unbeknown to jacob, but she had been visiting her OBGYN a lot recently during her breaks and she had been prescribed a fertility pill and shots to increase the chance of pregnancy. it had been a month of the pills and shots and ava was more than excited to try again.

"try again?" jacob played innocent. he wanted her to say it out loud.

"yeah." she responded, "try again."

"try what again?"

"you can't be serious jacob."

he chuckled quietly, "i just want to hear you say it."

ava stared at jacob with squinted eyes. he stared right back, an eyebrow raised. she held back a giggle and the urge to lean in and kiss the space between his eyebrows by mimicking him. there was a few moments of silence and nothing more but watery eyes from being open too long. they both fought back the tears until jacob foully blew into ava's face, causing her to blink; in their language, meaning she lost.

"no fair, you cheated!" she exclaimed, sitting back and folding her arms. she had a pout on her face and her eyebrows were furrowed.

jacob laughed loudly, "i'm sorry baby but there was no way i was going to let you make me say it."

ava huffed.

"say it, please?"

she turned her face away. he sighed quietly, turning her face towards him and leaned in, kissing her pout softly, "please?"

she tried to hold back her smile but she failed, "i want you and i to try again, for another baby."

"for another baby?"

"for another baby." she repeated, "cause i love you, a lot. i think we can do it this time jacob, i really do think it's time."

jacob smiled softly, "i love you so much." he whispered, leaning in and kissing ava softly. she smiled into their kiss and leaned in, moving closer and closer until she was sitting comfortable on his lap.

he laughed quietly, his hands slipping up her shirt and holding her exposed waist. her arms simultaneously wrapped around him and rested carefully shoulders, bringing him towards her as much as she could as her fingers ran through the back of his hair.

he moved almost immediately, leaving a long trail of kisses from her lips to her jaw. the further his mouth went, the more eager and steamy the kiss got and the tighter her legs wrapped his waist.

"you want us to start right now?" ava giggled.

jacob shushed her and she immediately shut up, letting him do his magic. she said nothing and kept her mouth shut which annoyed jacob a little bit so he frowned and kissed her on the lips again, hungrily which she returned a gasp too. she felt a smirk against her lips in which she lightly hit jacob's shoulder.

"hey that hurt," jacob whined, pulling away as his smirk grew.

"shut up." ava whispered, pushing him down on their bed, "just kiss me and kiss me and kiss me."

"your wish is my command baby."

-

jacob sat under the tree in the cullens back garden, enjoying the summer heat. he bit his apple and sighed happily, closing his eyes and relaxing. he unbuttoned his shirt a bit and let the sun take over his body.

as he relaxed, he reminisced the night ava told him she was willing to try for another baby with a small smile on his face. he was happy that ava was happy and how excited she was to get pregnant. it made jacob's heart literally melt.

soon after they tried to get pregnant, jacob let go of his shapeshifting abilities so he could grow old with ava. she refused at first, wanting him to have the chance to run around free in the woods but jacob didn't care. he wanted to grow old with ava that he was willing to finally say goodbye to that side of him.

and he was happier than ever. he was pretty good with keeping his anger under wraps but it felt good when he was able to go to actual football matches and scream and shout without the fear of accidentally phasing in front of californians.

it was so good because it meant he didn't have to cut his hair every few days because it would grow at an abnormal rate. it was so good because it meant he felt emotions and love the way normal humans did. it was so good because it meant that him and ava could grow old together, it meant they could go apple picking under the sun at 60 together, it meant they could do old people things together.

it meant a lot of things and for each and everyone of them, jacob was more than grateful.

his relaxing time was interrupted by a heavily pregnant ava walking over to jacob and sitting beside him, panting loudly. she closed her eyes and moved around, struggling to get comfortable.

jacob opened his eyes and set up, kissing her cheek multiple times until she relaxed. she smiled and looked at him, giggling at his exposed chest.

"so childish," he joked, kissing her forehead once more before sitting up, "where is-"

"with rosalie and emmett. i think she's realised they'll give her more sweets and toys than we ever will."

the two sat in silence, enjoying the sun together. after the birth of madison, they both were so busy and ava had a lot of work to catch up on so they never really planned to have another child, at least not for a while.

that is until octavia had a very good day at work and wanted to celebrate with jacob, causing her to fall pregnant with her second child.

"today is my due date." ava whispered, grabbing jacob's hand and placing it on her stomach, "and this baby won't stop kicking, i think they know."

"do you regret not finding out the gender?" jacob gave the choice on whether they found out the gender of the baby to ava and ava completely. during both her pregnancies and the months following, jacob was the best husband and person for ava.

"nope." she grinned when he began rubbing her stomach softly, "however i do regret not bringing a cup of ice water outside with me because i am particularly parched."

"i got you baby," jacob said. before he got up, he leaned down to ava's stomach, kissed it twice then whispered, "hey lil one, stop bothering your mother!"

ava giggled and leaned back, "they kicked again."

"we're going to have a very serious once you're out little one." he replied, kissing ava's stomach then her forehead, "one ice water coming right up." he whistled as he walked down to the kitchen.

octavia smiled and watched jacob whistle off. she hummed as she got up and sat back down again, trying to find the perfect position. for some reason, not one sitting position was doing it for her.

"what are you doing to me, hm?" she whispered to her stomach and as if the baby was responding, they kicked her stomach twice and she sighed.

she stood up once more, deciding that she would stand up because it felt more comfortable. that is until a pool of water flooded down her legs. she groaned, squeezing her eyes shut and and rubbing her forehead.

"ice water with your favourite straw with some grapes, made by yours truly." jacob said dorkily, placing it down on the table beside the chair, "come on, you can sit on my lap if that is comfortable."

"no," she responded, "it's okay."

"you sure?"

"yeah, cause i'm in labour." she looked at jacob sheepishly, "my water just broke."

"oh my god." jacob's eyes widened, "oh my god! oh my god!" he kept repeating it again and again until ava felt her first contraction of the day, groaning and clutching her dress, "oh right. labour, okay, let's go."

-

"you are never ever coming near me again." ava mumbled, half asleep. she was in labour for just under twelve hours and she was sure that she'd die during it. she was so relieved it was over and that she could breathe normally again.

"i know my baby," jacob held her hand, wiping the sweat off her forehead and cleaning her up. when ava had madison, their first child, she couldn't stand the sight of jacob for an hour or two. this was normal, according to the nurses, so jacob didn't sweat.

they had a boy, if you were wondering. a beautiful strong and healthy boy, born on july 13th at 3:09am. he had ava's thick hair but jacob's nose and deep brown eyes that spoke a million words.

"wanna see madison?" jacob asked ava. their daughter was playing in the play room dedicated for children whose mothers were giving birth with emmett and rosalie.

ava yawned, sitting up on her bed. she tied her hair up and rubbed her eyes before stretching, "yes." she said quietly, "i want to see our baby too."

"he's getting checked up right now." jacob reassured her, "just making sure he is okay so he can come and lay in your arms."

"okay." octavia responded. she stared at jacob before a grin took over her face, "he?"

"he." jacob chuckled, gently hugging ava, "we had a baby boy."

"ethan black."

"indeed." he got up and stretched, "let's go get our baby girl."

"i'll have you know that she is 5 years old." rosalie walked in, holding a sleepy madison, "no longer a baby."

"mhm." madison responded, immediately reaching out for her mother.

octavia laughed quietly and held madison in her arms, rocking her gently to sleep. jacob jokingly rolled his eyes as he opened up the portable crib for madison. he gently held her before putting her down in her crib and going to speak to the doctors out door with rosalie.

"baby number two eh?" emmett spoke gently, "baby number three on the way?"

octavia let out a little laugh, "hell no. i can not have another baby. no freaking way."

"not even if jacob asks?" the vampire boy chuckled.

"especially if jacob asks." she responded, "i can't push another baby out sorry but absolutely not."

"and that's totally fine with me." jacob said happily, holding little baby ethan in his arms, "i've got the perfect family. madison, ethan, rosalie, emmett, octavia and i. what more do i need?"

ava grinned widely, opening her arms wide open so she could hold her baby. she probably held him as soon as she gave birth but  she was high on all the drugs that she didn't remember a thing. she blinked happily, holding her baby and smiling cheesily, "can we take a picture?"

"of course!" rosalie grabbed her phone and waited for everyone to come together, squeezing onto ava's bed. they took a couple of cute selfies together before rosalie pushed emmett off the bed and took pictures of ava and jacob with their baby.

the four of them spoke all for most of the night about anything that popped into mind. as ava breastfed ethan, she asked about the other cullens and if there had been anything from them.

rosalie and emmett often visited their siblings and parents but it was never spoken about. it was an awkward conversation and nobody knew what to do with themselves whenever it was brought up.

but ava honestly had enough of it now. it had been years since bella died and she hadn't seen any of the cullen's besides the two in front of her.

she always wanted esme to see her children. she always wanted jasper to feel the love jacob and ava had for each other. she always wanted alice to see her and jacob's future, as jacob was not a shapeshifter any more it meant she could see what they would do. she always wanted to speak to carlisle about med school and life as a doctor.

she wanted to rekindle relationships and she wanted her kids to grow up knowing that they have people who will always be in their life and will always look after them.

"do they know?" octavia asked a while after emmett and jacob went out to get some pizza, "do they know that i have kids?"

rosalie nodded, "yeah they do. carlisle and esme ask about you guys, a lot."

"alice? jasper?"

"alice is happy and she also talks about you, she says she misses you and so does jasper but they're both afraid that you didn't want to see them."

ava laughed quietly, "i thought they didn't want to see me and they're worried i didn't want to see them." she gently pulled ethan away from her chest and stood up, laying him down in his cot as he had fallen asleep, "i'll call them soon." she said as she began buttoning up her shirt again.

"call who?" jacob asked, closing the door after him and emmett walked in. he came and sat on ava's bed and opened the box of pizza as emmett sat beside rosalie.

"carlisle." octavia responded as casually as she could. she didn't know how jacob felt about the other cullens because they literally never spoke about them. there were a fading memory. she reached over and took a bite of her pizza, "the time i knew carlisle, he was kind of a dad to me so in a way madi and ethan are his grandchildren?"

"that makes sense." emmett nodded, "i can call them if you want me too?"

"nah nah, i'll email them eventually." ava smiled gratefully, "is that okay with you jacob?"

"of course. why wouldn't it be?" he smiled at ava, his eyes glittering.

octavia stared at his face as him, emmett and rosalie spoke about the plans for the next few days. she was so in love with jacob and how beautiful he was. he was such a good man to her and a great father to madison and to ethan before he was even born.

she really lucked out. how the hell did she end up with such a man? even when she hated him, she loved him. jacob ephriam black. he was hers. she was his. they were each others.

they were the greatest love story. forget romeo and juliet. forget derek and meredith. forget laurie and amy. forget lara jean and peter. jacob ephriam black and octavia uley black was the greatest love story in history.

"what are you staring at?" jacob whispered after he cleaned up their room. at this point they were alone as emmett and rosalie had left and taken madison home so she could go to school tomorrow. she probably wouldn't but the vampires knew the two needed a little alone time.

octavia giggled, "you."

"and what are you thinking about?"

"us."

jacob raised an eyebrow, indicating he wanted ava to talk properly. if he was being honest, he totally had a thing for her voice. it was husky and sounded like autumn, when the leaves are crunchy and the room smells like pumpkin spice latte.

he loved the way her voice brightened up the room, her laugh, her upset voice. the way she said his voice with her southern accent that refused to leave. jacob loved it all.

"i was just thinking about how much i love you and how blessed we are to be here right now." ava whispered, running her hands through his hair and kissing his nose.

jacob laughed quietly and yawned, "thank you so much for everything ava."

she smiled and pulled him onto her bed, "goodnight."

"goodnight." he mumbled.

-

"are you nervous?" jacob asked ava as she threw a diaper at him so he could dispose of him.

she shrugged, fixing ethan's new diaper and spraying the place with perfume, "why would i be nervous?" she replied after she put ethan in his rocking chair.

"cause we haven't seen the cullen's in literally years." jacob hummed, wrapping his arms around ava's waist.

"it's going to be okay." ava kissed jacob's forehead and pulled him down to sit on their couch. she grabbed the remote to the tv and played some random show, "are you nervous?

"kinda. i've never had alice see my future before, what if she tells me that i'll go bald?" he said dramatically.

"oh no!" octavia played along, "a bald jacob? how could you live!"

"could you love me if i was bald?" he asked curiously.

"of course not." she joked, "i like my men to have a good head of hair."

jacob sat up and looked at octavia shocked. she started to laugh at his face and he immediataly joined her. she kept laughing as she wrapped her arms around him and pulled his head to rest on her chest.

"of course i'd love you silly." octavia whispered before planting multiple sloppy kisses all over jacob's face, "forever and always."

it had been 4 months since octavia gave birth to ethan and she has been on maternity leave since. a month after giving birth, she finally gained the courage to write an email to the cullens asking them to come and visit whenever they were free.

and that was today. today was the day. right now, emmett and rosalie had taken madison to go and greet the cullen's at the airport.

octavia lay down on their couch and closed her eyes, thinking about what would happen that day. she hoped that she'd rekindle the father daughter relationship she had with carlisle and that he'd maybe even come and work with her.

she hoped that her and jasper would become friends again and that they'd go to texas one day, for alice to become a sister to her and for esme to have grandchildren.

octavia felt as if the reunion was going to be awkward. they hadn't seen each other or spoken to each other in years and she wasn't even sure if they'd have anything in common. she was feeling quite nervous now as they were planning to say for about three days. what if this was a disaster and a lost cause? holy fuck.

her little thought train was cut off when she heard keys jingle in the front door. she sat up and stretched before fixing her outfit quickly and going to the front door, smiling widely.

"hey guys," octavia said, smiling happily. she gave all the cullen's hugs and sat beside jacob with madison in front of her, entertaining ethan.

fortunately, the day went by happily and comfortably as ever. it really had been like time had not gone by. everybody got on well, including madison who loved being the centre of attention.

the cullen's loved madison and ethan, each taking turns in talking to madison and holding ethan. esme was the most mesmirised by ethan. she loved him as soon as he grabbed her finger and waved it around.

"can i feed him?" she asked, a motherly smile on her face.

octavia's smile took up the majority of her face, "of course! come, come, i'll warm up his milk and get a bottle ready." the two got up, esme holding ethan carefully on her arms.

as ava walked to the kitchen, she winked at jacob before grinning and warming up a bottle for ethan, "what have you guys been doing these past few years?"

"carlisle and i did a lot of travelling for a few years." esme smiled, "then we settled down in switzerland and he went through residency as a surgeon again and he's just finished that so we went travelling again."

"carlisle's a surgeon?" ava responded with a question, as she handed a bottle to esme who immediately started feeding ethan.

esme nodded, "yeah, he loves it. i think it's his favourite area of work."

"you guys going to settle down soon sometime?" ava asked curiously, "i know there's an opening for a neurosurgeon at work. maybe carlisle could work there?" she shrugged, sitting down at the kitchen table, esme following.

"that doesn't seem like such a bad idea." esme thought, "i think we'll take it up cause i can't get enough of ethan."

octavia giggled, "he's so quiet and calm compared to how madison was when she was born. she was so giggly and smiley whereas he's calm and reserved. it's weird."

"that seems lovely." esme smiled, "you know, i'm sorry that we never kept in touch. for the first year or so, it was so raw and then it seemed too late to reach out."

"oh no worries," octavia replied, "it's totally okay. jacob and i, we understood completely and we aren't mad in any way whatsoever. trust me."

esme looked up at octavia happily. they shared a smile together before jacob walked in with a half asleep madison, "hey i'm going to take her to bed, want me to take ethan too?"

"no worries, esme and i got this." octavia gave jacob a thumbs up. he nodded, walking off and upstairs to put madison down and esme and ava kept talking.

it was when ethan needed his diaper changed that esme handed him back. the vampires hated it when the babies had a bad diaper because their heightened senses made it smell worse than to a normal human.

octavia hummed as she cleaned up ethan. she giggled and sang a song to herself after, rocking him to sleep in her arms. she said goodbye to the visiting cullen's as they promised to visit in the next few days, carlisle even mentioning how he'd be up to visiting ava's workplace. it worked out perfectly because she was visiting soon as her maternity leave was almost done.

when she put ethan to bed, she gave both rosalie and emmett a long hug, thanking them for everything before heading up to bed. jacob was already laying down, half asleep so she hurried up her night routine and switched on both baby moniters before laying down beside him.

"hi."

"hello." octavia responded, turning over and facing jacob. he opened one eye and held back a giggle when she leaned in and kissed his nose, "goodnight."

"wait wait wait," he whispered.

"you're sleepy, so sleep." she giggled.

"i love you so much ava."

"i love you too."

"goodnight now."

"sleep tight my dearest love." she stared at him until he slept, "i love you, so so so much." octavia leaned in and kissed his forehead.

-

"i love jacob." octavia stood in front of a crowd of people who jacob loved. there was leah, seth, paul and sam. emily, rosalie, emmett and the other cullens. octavia's brother, madison and ethan with their spouses and kids.

and for a second, it was beginning to feel all too real.

octavia looked down, her hands shaking as she pushed back her greying hair. she sighed and gathered up her courage before looking up to face everybody again.

jacob and her had lived their life together. they loved, they cried, they grew old together, they had children and grandchildren. they had cats, they had dogs, and they had love.

last year, jacob grew sick. he lost his appetite and the colour in his face. it was clear his time was coming to an end soon and octavia hated him for it. how could he? how could he leave her?

jacob died on april 29th and a piece of octavia died too.

octavia cleared her throat, "i loved jacob so dearly. he was my light, my sun, the reason i woke and the reason i slept. jacob was my everything."

jacob died just over a month ago. his body was cremated and just like they had spoken about when they were kids with his ashes were made into a necklace. octavia wore that necklace every day since it was created, pairing it with ava necklace he bought her when they were young.

"for the first few nights without jacob, i couldn't sleep. i'd lay in our bed and i'd stare at the ceiling, imagining that he was there beside me and talking about his day.

"from the day him and i were together official, we shared a bed almost every night. then, it was normal, it was the standard. even if we hated each other that day, we'd sleep together.

"when we first met, i didn't think we'd be much. i thought he'd be a friend and that's it. but since that day, we've spent most of our lives together. happy, in love, with him-" she sighed, "with him, life stopped. he made everything perfect and whole.

"and i know he loved you all. he had a very big heart. any time we'd do something with other people, he'd lay in bed with me with a happy smile and tell me how much fun he had that day.

"or how much he ate that day." she giggled quietly, "jacob never had a bad bone in his body. he was loving, caring and perfect to not only me but our beautiful kids and our friends. he loved my mom like she was his and my brothers like they were his.

"so today, let's live for jacob. let's honour the man that he was and let's remember the man who touched all of our hearts forever.

"i love you jacob. i always will love you, and i know somewhere, somehow, you're watching over me. please keep our family safe. i love you." octavia finished. she smiled weakly before walking off the stage, helped by her ever-young rosalie.

at the end of a very emotional day, rosalie sitting in bed with octavia, brushing her hair like jacob once did. rosalie helped her out of the depressing yet colourful clothes she wore that day and into jacob's pyjamas and cuddled up to her, like jacob always did.

"are you okay?" rosalie asked.

octavia sighed and looked up to the ceiling. she took a few moments to breathe before beginning to talk, "why would he leave me?" she asked, "he said he'd never leave. he said he'd stau with me forever. he said all these things and he's gone!

"i said so many happy things about him but rosalie, he left me! he's gone. and i'm here. the love of my life, he's gone and i'm here."

"ava,"

"no, it's octavia." she corrected but she never let rosalie finish, "i miss him rosie. i miss him so much. i wake up everyday wishing that this nightmare, this life that i live without him, would end already." she sat up, head in her hands and tears streaming down her face.

"octavia, i'm sorry." rosalie whispered, giving her a tight her. the coldness of her body contrasted the heat she'd get from jacob. even after he let go of his abilities, he was still warm as ever, "i'm sorry he's gone."

the two spent the whole night chatting about jacob, with emmett joining in later on. the three had a lovely night together, giggling with tears over their best friend jacob. it was the lovely bit of closure that octavia needed.

that night, octavia passed away peacefully in her sleep and when she woke up, there he was, waiting for her, because he loves her and she loves him.
-

in a world full of hurt, anger and suffering, you need pain relief. you need something or someone to hold your hand, to hold your hair back when you're sick and to offer their shoulder when you want to cry.

you need love to keep you pushing because love is whole. love completes you. love heals you. love is the answer to everything and nothing.

jacob and octavia were each others great loves. they completed each other and they made the world make sense. nothing compared to the love and respect they had.

according to the dictionary, love is an intense feeling of deep affection but to octavia and jacob, love was feeling anger, sadness, happiness and more all in one to someone.

they loved each other forever and always. and to me, they're the worlds greatest love story.

the end.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

468K 7.6K 10
[BOOK ONE] [RE-WRITING] "You're my personal superhero" Grace Evens just wanted to live her life the way she wanted it, never did she think her goals...
148K 6.8K 33
.•A story in which a vampire and a hybrid find each other in a strange way, and end up being perfect for each other. When a human enters their family...
51.8K 1.1K 31
Annabella was glad her sister Isabella was moving in the house but what hurts Annabella the most was jake started to ignore anna because Jacob black...
128K 4K 38
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. Apathetic- showing or feeling no interest, concern, or emotion. Or The story of L...