Blindly Running into Trouble

By everyday_imstumblin

"Basically this story is about Avan who is a blind, grumpy, moody, arro-" "Okay! I think they get your po... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
TEASER!! coz i'm cool like that
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Blindly Running into Trouble-THE MOVIE!!!
Part I
Part II
Part lll

chapter 8

17.8K 778 103
By everyday_imstumblin

Devon helped us out of the pool, and there I stood in front of Avan’s parent, drenched wet. “Hi Mrs and Mr Jackson.” I nervously smiled “I would have met you under more…dryer conditions” I looked down at my clothes but then back to them with a warm smile “But hey, what’s life without a few surprises?”

“Ciara Swan, at your service.” For added effect…I bowed dramatically.

The Jacksons grinned, “I love her already!” the Mrs said, “Call me Kate, and this is Steve” she pointed to her husband. “Welcome to the family.” She pulled me in for a back-breaking hug even though I was wet. “Wow, I feel so loved.” I winced when she held me tighter.

“Okay, sweety let go before you break her.” Steve couched Kate out of the hug, I took this time to move closer to Avan, out of reach of that women. “You have to stay for lunch” she left no room to say disagree; so I just nodded. The parents walked inside and I went over to Anya “Pss” I had to tug her clothes to pull her down because she was tall or maybe I was short…nah she’s tall.

She bent down and I whispered in her ear “It was Devon who pushed me in, wasn’t it?”

Anya chuckled and nodded, ok operation revenge is in motion.

I evilly laughed, and rubbed my hands together. I thought of ways to get Devon into the pool, but because I couldn’t overpower him, I was just going to have to use my brains.

So, I walked back to the edge of the pool and pretended to look for something, as I expected, Devon came over to me. “What you looking for?” he asked coming up next to me.

“I seem to have lost my bracelet in the pool, can you see it anywhere?” I smoothly lied, Devon bent over to get closer look at the water….wrong move buddy!

 I took a step back and lift my foot up and push his fat ass. I watched Devon fall in the water and if I wasn’t already wet then his splashes would have washed me away. “Son of a-“he surfaced and stood up.

Anya and Avan were laughing in the background.

“No swearing in the pool Devon.” I smirked, “While you’re down there, can you look for my imaginary bracelet. Alright princess” I gave him a wave and smugly walked away, I heard him get out of the pool and could practically feel the heavy vibration of the earth telling me that he is coming after me.

And he doesn’t sound happy.

Without a second thought, I hid behind Avan “Save me from the evil princess, forget about the dragon, it sucked anyway!” I exclaimed from behind Avan, I could feel the confusion coming off of him. Anya stood in the side lines watching in amusement, Devon made it in front of Avan and that’s where I panicked.

“Never mind, every man for himself!” I didn’t think and just pushed Avan into Devon, this gave me enough time to run inside the house through the backdoor that lead to the kitchen, where Avan’s parents were.

As soon as I saw them, I tried to act natural and discreetly make my way behind Kate. She seems like the one who wears the pants in the family. “Lovely weather we are having” I thought back to Pink Panther, and figured that this was the perfect conversation starter.

“Ciara!” Devon shouted as he ran in the kitchen, coming to a stop when he saw me behind his mother. His clothes were dripping water, I was a bit drier but still I wet the floor.

“Good heavens Devon, I could have sworn you were dry.” Kate was giggling behind her hand. Steve just shook his head smiling, but said nothing, he was most likely the quiet type, always let the wife do the talking. Anya and Avan came through the door and both took a seat next to Steve.

“It’s Ciara’s fault, she pushed me in the pool” he grumbled, his parents gave him an incredulous look. Kate looked to me and then him, “She” she pointed to me “Pushed you” she waved her hand down Devon’s body “In the pool”

The way Kate say it made me feel like I had super powers. “Well…yeah” even Devon doubted his words. I was too busy grinning in the background and even dared to make funny faces behind Kate’s back but it was aimed at Devon. Who, did not look like a happy camper.

“Okay, enough. Devon go change your clothes. Avan you to and Anya could you spare Ciara some of your old ones.” Anya nodded and waved me over, I carefully walked to her while avoiding Devon, who was watching me with hawk eyes.

I stuck my tongue at him, and then unconsciously took Avan’s hand. Devon saw this and smirked, I finally realised and was about to take my hand away when Avan tightened his grip. Everyone saw this and started smiling while I, was praying they couldn’t see my red cheeks or Avan feel my sweaty palms.

I’m surprised he didn’t, I was sweating out a waterfall.

It’s one thing to hold his hand alone but with everyone watching…they might get the wrong idea. Anya even nudged me in the side and wiggled her eyebrows. I vigorously shook my head, and mouthed the words, ‘it’s not what you think’

But she just rolled her eyes, and I pouted. She didn’t believe me; Avan and I were just friends, nothing more….

My thoughts were cut off when Anya took my hands and lead me the other way when we reached the second floor. I reluctantly let go of Avan’s hands and walked with Anya as she led me to a room filled with boxes.

Some of them were still closed, Anya searched for hers while talking. “You know, Avan never had a female friend before so don’t be surprised if he’s not used to whatever you do to him.”

“Oh like that time I held his hand” he was so shy back then…actually he still is. How adorable hehe.

“He never had a girl pay attention to him like you are doing now, most of the girls come up to him because of his looks, but once they found out he’s blind they make an excuse and run away.” Anya sounded very hostile towards these ‘girls’

…ok, I’m a little scared now…

“I thought that Avan will live a lonely life, but I was wrong. You have no idea how happy I was when you I heard that Avan met you, even thought you gave him detention” Anya chuckled but I laughed at the memory. Ahh, good times…

“So what I’m trying to say is, be patient with him because this whole girl thing is new for him. And please don’t break his heart.” My brows furrowed, she makes it sound like I’m his girlfriend. Well I am in a way because I’m a girl and his friend but I’m not sure Anya’s thinking what I’m thinking.

I was about to correct her but then she interrupted me bring the conversation to a close.

“Here we go” she opened a box that said ‘Anya’s old clothes’ she then pulled out a rather small shirt and shorts.  I looked at them warily “Don’t worry they’re clean” she said.

She then gave them to me and then took me to the bathroom. “You can bath in here, leave your clothes out the door and I will go dry clean them.” She as I walked in.

I took my clothes off and pushed my clothes out the door with my feet. I then proceeded to bath, blah blah, wash hair and body with provided shampoo and body wash, and then I came out and put the clothes on.

The shorts fit fine but the top was too short and tight, “Anya must have been really skinny” I mumbled to myself and tried to pull on the fabric to stretch it. I failed of course and thought of a better idea. I opened the door and peeked out to see if anyone was in the hallway.

When the coast was clear, I made my way to Avan’s room. Sneaking in, I closed the door behind me and looked around the door. Jasper was still in the same position I left him, he is really slacking of work. Even Fido does something to help Amber; even if it’s just follows her but this dog is a disgrace!

….Why couldn’t I have him instead of the demon dog, I sighed.

Maybe if I swap them, Amber and Avan won’t notice. God I’m such a genius! I deserve a medal for all my awesomeness.

Leaving that thought for later, I went to Avan’s draw and pulled out a t-shirt. I’m sure Avan won’t mind me borrowing it, and so I put it on. It was baggy and came just below my butt but I liked it, it wasn’t choking me like Anya’s shirt.

I strolled to the door and pulled it opened, only to see Avan standing there. “What are you doing in my room?” he inhaled the air and asked suspiciously “And why do you smell like me?”

“Uh, Anya’s top was too tight, so I went in your room to grab one of your shirts.” I nervously said, while shuffling on my feet. Avan’s face was first blank but then it brightened, “Come on, everyone’s downstairs. Mum decided to have a BBQ” Avan reached for my hand and started pulling me, all with a grin on his face.

I didn’t know what made him suddenly happy, so I just left it; I wasn’t going to ruin his fun. But since he’s having fun, I also decided I want another piggy back ride. Nothing related to the situation but oh well…

I pulled him to a stop “Avan, my legs hurt. I wanna another piggy back” I whined like a child and squealed when he bent over, not before groaning and saying something about me being a kid. I hopped on his back and he wrapped his hand around my thighs, he then carefully made his way to the backyard through the kitchen.

Kate was working away in the kitchen making salad and other food, Anya was setting the table outside and Devon and Steve were BBQ-ing the burgers.

I wiggled my way out of Avan’s hold, pulling him along; I made my way over to Anya. “Need any help?” I asked as she put down a cloth over the table. “That would be lovely.” Kate came out with the salad and set it on the table “Avan, why don’t you sit down” she told him and I frowned.

Avan’s not incapable, I thought

Amber used to hate it when in the beginning, Aunt Clara and I used to do everything for her. We wouldn’t let her get her own glass that was at the top of the cupboard, climb any stairs without one of us there, just in case she fell.

Amber bravely approached us on that and she told us how she feels about it. To her she felt like a burden and that she had no freedom. Amber wanted to have a sense of responsibility, to be able to take care of herself with minimal help. That conversation ended up with a few tears shed but a new lesson learned. From then on, Aunt Clara and I just stood back and watched her grow. Amber did make her mistake here and there but she’s human, so I let it go.

But, if she was a vampire or werewolf, then damn I would have the best cousin in the world!

Anyway back to the real situation, it was finally time for Kate to open her eyes to what her son can really do

Avan’s expression was emotionless as he made his to the table, I grabbed his hand to stop him “Can you help me set the table?” I asked softly “I need another pair of hand to get the stuff from the kitchen to here”

Avan hesitated but stiffly nodded and let me lead him inside the kitchen; I made my way to the island table where all the plates and glasses were. “Go and give this to Anya and then come back for the glasses.” I placed the plated in his arms and ignored Kate’s gasp.

“And be careful, I wouldn’t want you to get hurt” I said in a teasing tone, Avan smiled and carefully made his way outside to the table. As I watched from the window I could see that Anya was a bit shocked when she saw Avan give her the plates.

Kate was also watching in surprise, it’s time to bring out my inner Dr Phil.

 I walked over to Kate and took her hand in mine; looking straight in her eyes “Kate, Avan is not as incapable as you think. He can take care of himself but only if you let him, otherwise he will never grow.” I softly spoke “Look, Avan may make mistakes but he’s human and we all make mistakes sometime. So don’t worry.” I gave her a reassuring smile.

Kate’s eyes watered “But he’s my baby.” Her lip wobbled “And he will always be your baby,” I slightly chuckled “My parents used to say that even if they are a 100 years old, I’ll still be their baby.” Kate smiled “But you’re going to have to let him explore on his own, when he needs help he will ask for it”

Kate sighed, “You’re right.” she wiped away a stray tear. “I guess I could try not to do everything for him” she weakly smiled and I grinned.

“That’s good enough.” Avan then entered the kitchen; he had a small smile on his face ad he expertly walked to the table. I came up next to him “What you smiling about?” I curiously asked while giving him some glasses to hold, Avan opened his mouth but then closed it and shook his head.

He was still smiling and I started to get creeped out. Weird things were fluttering in my stomach and for some odd reason my heart was beating fast. I knew eating Fido’s dog cookies (don’t ask) would do something, my bet was getting fleas but I guess heart burn and stomach ache would have been the logical choice.

Ignoring those funny feelings, I followed behind Avan as we got to the table. Devon, Anya and Steve were already seated and were just waiting for us. I sat next to Avan, with Anya opposite me and Devon opposite Avan.

We started making our burgers, so grabbing a bun I started to make my burger. I was almost finished and all I need was the ketchup which was next to Avan. “Avan, can you pass me the ketchup that is to your left” I casually asked, everyone at the table stopped and stared at Avan.

Avan still didn’t move “Come on, my burger’s getting cold.” Avan exhaled and blindly reached out to feel the bottle “Nope the one next to it, that’s the mayo” I told him and waited patiently for him to grab the other bottle and give it to me.

“Thank you” was all I said and then started to squirt the sauce over my burger, all the while everyone (except Kate) was looking at me and Avan, shocked. Good God people, he just passed me a bottle I wanted to shout but I just left them to their stunned state and then proceeded to take a big bite out of my burger.

“Hmmm, ecstasy” I moaned out loud, this caused everyone to look at me. Except Avan but he did turn his head in my direction, “Sorry, I eat weirdly” I confessed, Devon, Anya and Avan seemed used to it and continued on eating but the parents were more hesitant.

I was going to take another bite when I suddenly felt a hand on my knee, not expecting it, my leg jerked up hitting the table and causing it to shake. Once again everyone stared at me; I knew whose hand it was because Avan was trying to stifle his laugh.

My face scrunched up “Muscle spasm” I nervously laughed and under the table, pinched Avan’s hand. He took his hand of but then placed it back on my leg, I tried to remove it but he was persistent, so I just gave up and started to draw random things on the back of his hand. I tried to start a conversation but it was never my forte.

“So princess, how’s college?” I aimed my stare at Devon, who looked around then pointed to himself as if he thought I was talking to another person.

“Yes you, princess.” Everyone chuckled.

“Why are you calling me princess” Devon’s face contorted in disgust.

“Because, that’s your nickname.” I said in a ‘duh’ tone. “Remember the time Avan wanted to give me a piggyback ride-” “No I didn’t” I ignored his interruption, “-the other week, well Avan he was originally princess but now he is my trusted steed, Kate and Steve” I pointed to them “Are obviously the king and Queen”

Kate and Steve looked at each other and then back to me, I’ll give them time to adjust to my uniqueness; I then pointed to Anya “She is the pretty fairy Godmother and all there is left is you” Devon wasn’t happy “So suck it up princess.” I smirked but then Devon did to “You know you just called yourself a guy, because you have to save me since you’re the prince.” Devon sounded smug, like he just won this bickering match.

“Well at least I’m out there fighting Dragons while you are stuck inside a tower learning how to sit like a lady. Careful princess, I might just leave you in the castle and forget about you” I warningly pointed a finger at him. Devon couldn’t come up with anything so he did what any girl would do “Avan tell her! I’m more fit to be the prince, she can be the princess.” Devon whines to Avan who just shrugged.

“She already made her mind up…princess” Avan smirked and everyone laughed and then Kate spoke “Ciara will fit perfectly in this family, because the women always control our men. It’s like a tradition, right Steve.” She sweetly smiled to him and he nodded and said “Yes dear.”

At the end of lunch, we were packing everything up when Kate asked me “You better call you parents Sweety, we wouldn’t want them to worry” I softly smiled and paused in gathering the plates “My parents passed away in an accident.” I sadly said, and everyone paused in whatever they were doing.

Kate gasped, “I’m so sorry.” She placed a hand on my arm “It’s fine, my parents would have wanted me to live a happy life and would have scolded me if I went into depression” I chuckled to lighten the mood, “I live with my aunt and my cousin, about a block from here and they know where I am.” I explained.

“You’re so strong” Anya spoke.

“Eh, you only live once so enjoy it while it lasts.” I grinned and everyone else smiled.

***

I stayed with the Jackson’s for a few more hours before it was time for me to go. Avan walked me to the door and as we stood out on the pouch, I could see shuffling by the window and figured it was his family peeking at us.

“Avan, not to embarrass you or anything but your family is watching us.” Avan groaned and rubbed his forehead, “Guy do you mind, this is a private conversation!” he shouted from outside and the family scattered from the window.

“Okay they’re gone; well, see you at school Avan.” I patted his shoulder and was going to walk away when Avan blindly grabbed my hand. Avan looked nervous but he took a step forward and wrapped his arms around me.

I was hoping to go through the day without any more blushing but Avan just had to do this!

 He leaned forward and I froze, he can’t kiss me! I’m not prepared! Wait, how do you get prepared for a kiss? Arghhh, this is why I hate first kisses.

Why isn’t there some sort of manual for this type of situation?

So I just stood there and let him do whatever, to my surprise and disappointment, Avan just laid his head on my shoulder. He squeezed my waist gently and pulled me tighter, “Thank you” his deep voice send a violent shiver through my body.  

“For what” I asked breathlessly.

“Everything, for accepting me and showing my family that I’m capable of doing things on my own”

He must have heard the conversation I had with Kate. Suddenly my arms slightly pushed Avan back, wait, I’m not doing that! My hands then made their way to cup his face, what the hell is going on? I can’t control my arms!

‘Calm down, if I let you stay in control, you’ll probably ruin the moment. Just sit back and let me do the talking’ my slutty side took over my body while I was pushed to the back.

Hmm…I have a slight feeling that I may have schizophrenia…

Slutty side then gently caressed Avan’s cheek, I gasped, I never would have ever done something like that! Avan closed his eyes and leaned in my touch. I never saw Avan act like that, it was like he was under a spell…Damn I’m good.

Slutty side then spoke “You’re welcome” she seductively purred, I didn’t know I could purr.

“And remember Avan-” the way his name rolled of my lips made him shiver, whoa! I have some serious seductive skills that I didn’t know about, My lips brushed against his as slutty side whispered “-This is just the beginning.”

I came back in control just in time for Avan to let out a small moan, ‘Now silently walk away’ slutty side said.

Right, walk away, I can do that. I turned and started walking but stopped, I just remembered that I forgot to say goodbye.

‘No wait! Don’t!’ but it was too late

“Bye Avan!” I shouted from across the lawn, this broke the trance I had over him. I could feel my slutty side slap her forehead and sauntered away while shaking her head.

‘Why do I even try?’

****

eh, not my best chapter but, eh.

mind you, i had writers bloke when i typed this. But i'm sure that it will get better 

Anyway, help spread the word about this book and stuff like vote and yeah...

Thanks for reading :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Stowaway By Laura

Historical Fiction

1.1M 69.5K 43
Eliza Banes, her ambition for adventure and her penchant for trouble, have often been trying on her poor mama's nerves. All her mother desires is for...
910K 36.3K 45
** #1 in Mortal ** 9/30/20 ** ** #3 in Fantasy ** 7/8/18 ** ** #6 in Highschool **10/14/18 ** ** #6 in Gods **6/21/20 ** What happens when your famil...
459K 13.7K 61
-Book one in the Billionaires' Boys' Club Series- Playboy, millionaire Luke Brooks is a gift from God to women (or so people say). He has the money...
3.3K 182 14
Leila hates the cold. Every winter, she bundles herself up in multiple layers to fight the snowy weather, earning her the nickname Little Penguin due...