The Rogue King {18+} (Book 2)

By chelseaxxm123

I was cursed at such a young age, abandoned by my own wolf and the Moon Goddess for something that wasn't in... More

Copyright and Warning!!
Do Not Skip!!!
1. My First Injury
2. Escaped Prisoner
3. Predator and Prey
4. A Blue Moon
5. You're Mine To Play With
6. You're Only as Strong as Your Greatest Weakness
7. There's No Reasoning with a Monster
8. Like Old Times
9. The Training Tournament
Character Pictures: Part 1
10. Victory Afterparty
11. Ambush
12. A Human Trophy
13. The Cells It Is Then
14. Dangerous Threats
15. I Wasn't Prepared To Care
Character pictures: part 2
16. Prove It
17. Don't Ask Questions You Don't Want To Hear The Answers To
18. Hostile Territory
19. A Little Too Much Wine
20. Struggling With The Decisions I'm Making
21. I Won't Stop Until We're Miles Apart
22. Drain Her Dry
23. I Am Now One
24. Extended Prison Sentence
25. A Rock and a Hard Place
26. Shock, Acceptance and A Heartbroken She-Wolf
27. A Gift Worthy Of A Luna
28. This Won't Work Without Trust
29. I Want To See Your Wolf
30. Too Much Wine... Again
31. Is This The Bond or Something Else?
32. A War Is Brewing
33. The Dreams
34. I Won't Let You Leave My Side
35. A Bond To Remember
36. We'll Take This Slow
37. Search Party
38. Reunited
39. My First Love
40. I'm All Yours
41. Send The King A Message For Me
42. The King's Fury
43. A Loss Of Control
44. Lesson One: Do What Feels Natural
45. I'll See You In The Morning
47. We're Practically Family
48. Your Mate Will Be Everything
49. Not Until I've Spoken to Her
50. A Meeting With The In-laws
51. Let Me Tell You My Truth, Torben
52. Heartbreak and Acceptance
53. Preparing For Peace
54. Let's Get To Work
55. A Moment to Grieve
56. An Attack In The Night.
57. Weeping On A Battlefield
58. We Were Living with An Enemy
59. You Were Always The Prey
60. We Follow the original Plan
61. I'm Going To Make You My Weapon
62. It Begins
63. Forced Against Eachother
64. Taking Back What Was Stolen
65. A Traitor for Love
66. I Need to Feel Whole

46. Explain Your Actions

1.1K 94 12
By chelseaxxm123

Happy weekend everyone. I hope you enjoy this chapter 😄

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

    The water was freezing and invading, surrounding me like a cold blanket. It was so cold my skin went numb within a few moments and my muscles locked up. I almost gasped under the water at the sheer shock of it. With the current pushing me back, I struggled and the force of it... It felt like my face was being slapped.

    I managed to swim a few metres before my muscles gave in and I was shoved back into Reagan behind me. He must have known I wasn't doing well against the current because he grabbed me right away and held me to him like he anticipated the current would shove me into him. My fatigued muscles slackened, and I let Reagan do the work. He moved effortlessly against the water and within a few minutes we were going upwards.

    The moment my head broke the surface of the water, I was struggling for air. It was hard to breath with my bodies violent shivering, and I was rushing to get out of the water. I couldn't feel my fingers when they gripped at the rocky surface to pull myself out of the water. Reagan gave me a lift and I managed to crawl out of the water with his help.

    I shivered and kneeled, scrunching my eyes shut as if it could force warmth into my body. My teeth chattered while I sucked in air and tucked my hands close to me to bring any warmth I could to them, but it wasn't enough.

    Reagan and Felice climbed out next, Reagan beside me, breathing harshly but with his natural wolven warmth he wasn't as cold as me. He could handle it better and there was no need for him to shiver or even worry if he was going to catch a sickness. He sensed that I wasn't doing well on my own and wrapped his hands around mine, letting them have some of his warmth.

    In any other circumstances I would have pulled away, but my body was too desperate for some semblance of warmth.

    Felice was even less affected like he'd done this a hundred times, which I'm pretty sure he had done for Torben. He was recovering quickly for someone who just climbed out of freezing cold water without air for a few moments. He even had time to growl at Reagan and demand, "Stop touching her."

    Reagan refused. "She's too cold and needs warmth, would you rather her catch a sickness?"

    Felice brows creased, worry in those dark eyes as he noted my body shivering. "No." he said and bit his tongue to avoid saying anything else.

    We both knew Torben wouldn't like it, but it was only warmth my body was accepting of Reagan, nothing else.

    Desmond had now surfaced, approaching the water's edge just beside where me and Reagan sat. He wasn't in a rush to climb out like I was, he just stood with his legs still immersed and steadied his breathing.

    What I wouldn't give to be able to be like them. I felt like I was dying and if I got sick because of this, I would curse my mother for bringing me here.

    I moved my hands closer to my body, out of Reagan's and said, "Thanks, I'm okay now."

    Reagan frowned and nodded, staying close by so that I felt the warmth radiating off him, but not close enough that I would feel as though he was crossing the line.

    "She needs dry clothes." Desmond informed Reagan.

    "Fuck," Felice cursed, inwardly blaming himself for not thinking to bring me any.

    "Her parents will have spare clothes. The sooner she gets out of this cave, the quicker she can get dry and warm." Reagan told them, not taking his eyes away from me as I looked up to meet his eyes.

    "I'm fine. Please stop talking like I'm not here."

    Three silent nods.

    Satisfied, I made to stand up, my knees wabbled slightly and I had to hold a hand up to tell Reagan I was okay before he thought to take my arm and steady me. I was half kneeling half squatting with Reagan hovering to make sure I didn't fall forward and Desmond at my back to make sure I didn't fall back in the water.

    Boots scuffed against the rocky ground and for a moment I thought it was Felice until I heard Felice growl and then stand. I looked to my left to see Felice snarling at someone ahead of me.

    "Asmara?"

    My body was still shaking when I lifted my head and looked up. Reagan moved out of the way and stood to my right.

    I choked on a sob at my brother looking at me with achingly sad eyes that told me he had missed me as much as I had missed him and as I forced my freezing cold and numb body to stand, I took him in.

    He had allowed his curls to grow, and they now covered his forehead and framed his cobalt eyes. He had packed on more muscle the last few months too like he'd been pushing himself to the limit with his training, and like it was for me, maybe it was his way of escaping the feeling of missing me. He was dressed from head to toe in black training wear and he no longer looked like my little brother.

    I cried and launched myself at him, wrapping my arms around him, sobbing into his chest. He instantly did the same and laid his cheek against the top of my head. He didn't cry but I could feel the emotions in the way he hugged me and squeezed tighter as if I might disappear if he didn't.

    I was still sniffling when I pulled away to look at him. To see the warrior and fully grown male he'd become. "You're no longer my little brother," I said. He'd had a growth spurt in the past few months and was only a few inches off our father's height.

    Wyatt took in my face too and all the changes I'd gone through since he last saw me. "You've changed a lot, too. You look different but the same. I can't quite put my finger on it."

    "I feel different." It was true. I didn't feel like the same girl who Torben had taken away. The past few months had shaped me for the better because I felt stronger, more confident and I no longer questioned my decisions.

    Yes, I was afraid of facing my parents, but if they happened to ask me if I regretted anything or if I felt ashamed for choosing Torben, I'd say no.

    "I'd say, I never had you pegged as a rogue." He smiled, though it didn't quite reach his eyes.

    I knew he didn't understand it, but he would. "Believe me, rogues aren't that much different. You might see that once you meet Torben."

    Wyatt could feel I wasn't lying. He knew all my tells when I did.

    "You think one night with him is going to change my mind?"

    I shrugged. "Maybe not but try not to give him a hard time. I already warned him about you."

    Wyatt grinned at that and then he was looking to Felice watching us. He tilted his head, openly assessing the warrior with a sly smile. Felice felt uncomfortable being openly assessed. He took it as a challenge and demanded, "Stop looking at me like that."

    "I've never met a rogue before. You look smaller than I would have thought."

    Felice growled.

    "Stop it, Wyatt. This is exactly what I warned Torben about."

    "Good." Wyatt grinned and I prayed Torben wouldn't kill him by the end of the night. Wyatt then looked to Reagan and Reagan's lips broke into a smile and the both of them hugged like brothers. "You look like shit."

    Reagan laughed and said, "Well we can't all have the luxury to stay home and grow gracefully like you have."

    Wyatt tensed his arm and flexed it with a cheeky grin. "Believe me, there was nothing graceful with the way these were formed."

    Felice looked away unimpressed and Desmond must have decided he liked my brother because he introduced himself. "Hello, I'm Des and I think we're going to get along just fine."

    Wyatt gave him a funny look. "You think?"

    Desmond only gave a confident smile. "Definitely."

    Reagan bit back a chuckle and Felice had, had enough because he addressed Reagan and Desmond with a look that said hurry up. "Torben's waiting."

    Reagan nodded and then looked to me. "I hope it goes well with your parents."

    "Thank you," I replied.

    Wyatt looked at me that said he felt sorry for me. "Try and take it easy. They've been a little edgy, but I have a feeling that's solely because of your absence."

    "No, you don't say?" I said sarcastically.

    He shook his head laughing and walked to the edge of the water to follow Reagan and Desmond.

    We said our goodbyes for now and they all jumped into the water and not once did I wish to be in their place. That water was horrible, and I dreaded having to jump in there again, though to get to Torben, I'd do it a thousand times over.

    "Let's go." Felice told me, walking to the cave's exit. I could tell he was in a rush to get back home, even though he'd never tell me, I knew he was dying to get back to Aicha.

    I silently followed him, and I was met with freezing cold air outside that had me shivering again.

    I took in the hundreds of tents, the warrior's camped around with fires on the go and weapons being made and training taking place. This was my parents' army and if they had to, every wolven here would fight for them.

    Guards with weapons had been expecting us because they instantly surrounded me and Felice at a small distance and one even went to make a step further, but Felice growled defensively, not willing to let any of them get closer to me. I was thankful because I wasn't willing to let any of them touch me with the fear that they'd take me somewhere and not let me go again. It wasn't likely as it would risk my brother's life, but it was still a tiny possibility.

    They had weapons in their hands now and hostile eyes on Felice that forced my heart to race with anticipation.

    "Felice is my friend so put your weapons away." I looked at them all but not one of them listened to me. They had orders from my parents and anything I said would be met with refusal. I fisted my hands, arms shaking with not only the cold but anger, too.

    Felice said from beside me, "How long are they going to force us to stand here?"

    I wondered the same thing.

    "Where are my parents? Do they know I'm here?"

    "Not yet."

    I knew that voice.

    The men stepped aside, allowing a small opening for Rylan to walk through. I only stared at him while he gave me a small and sad attempt at a smile and demanded the men, "You can get back to work."

    The men broke off and stood down, disappearing into the camp.

    "How are you, Asmara?"

    "Cold and tired."

    "Then let's get you some dry clothes and I'll take you to your parents."

    I sagged with relief and followed him. Felice didn't say a word and silently followed while I thanked Rylan and even walked beside him.

    "What mood are my parents in this morning?"

    Rylan gave me a sidewards glance. "I'm sure you can guess the answer to that."

    Wolven's around us watched me, eyes narrowing as if they were trying to place me. A few recognised me and whispered to the males or females around them. I avoided their stares and looked away. The fact none of them noticed me and instantly became angry meant my parents hadn't told them the truth just yet.

    "That bad?" I was foolish to think it would be anything less.

    "They've seen better days, but knowing they get to see you today has certainly made them feel better."

    "A little reassuring, I suppose."

    Rylan took me to a tent where I could change into some dry clothes, boots and a fur cloak. Felice refused to let me go into a tent where he couldn't ensure my safety and I was forced to get changed behind a makeshift curtain where he could make sure I wasn't going to be separated from him. He didn't look my way as I changed but it was embarrassing and I made my annoyance known when I was finished, to which I was met with a stare that told me he didn't care about whether I was comfortable or not. My safety was far more important.

    I felt better now that I was no longer wet, and my skin wasn't numb. We followed Rylan as he walked us through the camp and asked me a couple of questions, to which I refused to answer until I could explain everything to my parents. They deserved to know everything first and I felt as if I owed it to them.

    He took us to the centre of camp. My parent's tent was the biggest here and just outside the entrance was Titan and Hunter. Neither of them met my gaze but they both said, "Hello, Asmara." It was quiet and the words were filled with pain that had my stomach clenching. They had heard what I had done, and they were disappointed.

    "It's good to see you. The both of you."

    I looked between them, hoping one of them would look at me but they didn't.

    Rylan could see my desperation and knew I wasn't going to get what I yearned for—forgiveness or at least understanding. "Come on, Asmara." He walked into the tent, and I followed him inside. Felice didn't pay either Hunter or Titan any attention even though I heard their growls of hatred for him after I was inside the tent. Felice was a solid force that wasn't going to show an inch of fear to anyone and should someone so much as say something to me that could indicate I wasn't going back home to Torben, they would have their tongues ripped out before they could even finish the sentence.

    Call me crazy, but I found assurance in that.

    Inside the tent was a giant table and a bed off to the right. My parents were sat at that table as I froze, and Felice stalled behind me. Rylan veered slightly to the left so that they had a full visual off me. It was my father's eyes, resembling mine, that searched me from head to toe for any signs of harm. My mother only looked at my face, saw the changes in me just by looking and then she saw Felice behind me, and she went still—angry.

    My father's hair was dishevelled and a small beard coated his face where he hadn't bothered to shave. His under eyes were dark from lack of sleep and the whites of his eyes discoloured. His clothes were the only thing he had put effort into this morning, wanting to look half decent for me.

    As for my mother, her eyes were still bright, hair perfectly braided down her left shoulder, but she had lost weight and she looked tired. Like she couldn't bring herself to eat or sleep while I was gone.

    I felt guilt twist my stomach, my chest at what my absence had done to them.

    "Princess Asmara Claxton—"

    "Princess and Lunar Asmara Marx." I corrected.

    The room went awfully silent, and Rylan didn't dare repeat my words after the looks that passed both my parents faces. I didn't say another word as my father's eyes snagged on my face, hurt and pain lingering there and my mother only gripped the sides of her chair, her chest rising and falling quickly. It was the only sign of her shock she'd let show.

    "I'll take my leave and let you speak." You could tell how uncomfortable Rylan was just from the way he raced from the room. He walked out but he moved fast.

    My mother released a breath and spoke first. "We asked to see you alone, Asmara. So, who is you're companion?" She looked at Felice and weighed him up with her eyes, assessing him as a threat.

    "You specified that Torben couldn't attend, but you didn't say anything about a bodyguard."

    "Really? Protection from your own parents?" She was visibly wounded that I felt the need to have someone there to protect me against her and my father.

    "Torben insisted I had one, mum. It's just a precaution in case you don't let me go home."

    "Sending Wyatt wasn't enough of an assurance?"

    "For me it is, but Torben needs more. I can't say I blame him."

    "Hmm." She wasn't happy but she didn't make no further comments on Felice. I glanced between her and my father, growing more uncomfortable as the seconds passed. "Please, take a seat while we talk." There was no warmth in her words, I suspected there would be no warmth or emotion during the whole conversation that was to follow.

    I walked to the seat opposite them and took a seat, Felice stayed close, but he didn't take a seat for himself.

    My eyes met crimson, and I swallowed at the sight of seeing them so hurt. I had hurt him by being with someone he deemed an enemy. "You've changed," he said and stared at me like he was searching for the daughter that was taken from him. I wanted to tell him that she was still here but she was strong and old enough to make her own choices now. "And you've sided with the rogues."

    "I've done no such thing, father."

    "Then explain your actions." He demanded off me, my mother beside him was inclined to say exactly the same.

    I wanted to hide myself away from the pressure of their eyes on me, but I only looked away, drawing in strength to face them again before I did. "You always taught me that rogues were nothing but cruel and destructive, but those lessons became less and less true the more time I spent there. Yes, they are hurt and angry but some of them are rogues because their packs abandoned them or saw them as unfit."

    "Of course, they'd have you believe that." My father argued.

    Felice moved the slightest behind me and I knew he was trying not to attack my father.

    "I'm not done." I said to him, a softness to my words that showed no disrespect.

    His eyes darkened the slightest with anger and turned to my mother. It was her eyes alone that warned him to stay quiet until I was done explaining.

    I waited for him to look back at me before I continued.

    "And meeting Torben, we hated each other. He had stolen me from my home, from you, and I wanted him dead for it. But it didn't last. Before I even knew he was my mate, I could feel that he was mine and for me, he gave up his revenge for his father." I made sure my father looked at my gaze as I pointedly said, "He gave up his pursuit for your life for me."

    My father didn't say a word about it.

    "In order to have me, to keep me safe from Draven—protect us all from that monster, he's willing to put his revenge aside and form an alliance with you."

    Tears formed in my eyes and my nose stung as I tried to keep them back. My father's eyes softened the tiniest bit and my mother had to fight her instincts to comfort me, I could see it in the way her arms tensed, and her features became etched with pain.

    I wiped at me eyes, refusing to be embarrassed by my open display of emotion. "So, no. I never sided with the rogues. I want all of us to finally give up this unnecessary fight and come together to destroy the real enemy."

    For a few long, stifling seconds its silent. I stare between them, praying to the goddess that she'll help them see sense. Guide them like she'd been guiding me this whole time.

    They were silently communicating, and it wasn't until my mother fully met my gaze, that I knew she had her answer. "It's asking a lot, perhaps more then we're willing to give..."

    "...However, we're willing to meet with Torben." My father finished and he was angry about it. Hated the idea even.

    My eyes widened. "You are? Truly?" I looked between them again and didn't see a hint of deceit. I did see plenty of reluctance though, which is to be expected.

    I looked to Felice, and he smiled at me with his eyes, disinclined to smile fully with my parents' eyes on him. I knew he was pleased I had succeeded in persuading them and knew Torben would be impressed too.

    "When will you agree to see him?"

    "You're tired and need rest so we won't rush this. The day after tomorrow. Midday to be exact, and we demand that he comes to us."

    My mother stood and walked around the table. Felice tensed but he didn't move unless she did something that justified him hurting her. She walked towards my side and I looked up at her. She cupped my cheek and smiled like I was still just her little pup. "I hope you're making the right choices, Asmara, and I hope you understand that this meeting will be the day we make our real decision for this alliance. Accepting a meeting isn't us deciding just yet."

    "I understand."

    She stroked my cheek with her thumb, and I couldn't stop myself from standing up and hugging her. There was nothing more soothing then having your mother hold you in her arms. I was very tempted just to drop my responsibilities and drop them at her feet to deal with like I knew she happily would. But that was just wishful thinking, and I could never do that to Torben.

     "You need to eat before I send you back. Goddess, knows what they've been feeding you." My mother said and again Felice had to bite his tongue. "We still have a few hours, and we have lots more to catch up on."

    I murmured my agreement into her shoulder.

    When she let me go, she looked at me, "I'll have the cook bring us food," and then she looked at Felice, "and for you. We might hate each other but we're not monsters."

    Felice let himself smile this time but there was no humour in it, a smile that said we'll see about that.

✨🌕✨

Let me hear your thoughts.

And please don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for future announcements.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 52.3K 32
Book 3 of The Alpha Series! Cannot be read as a standalone book! Ayla Romanov is a hybrid just like her father. Struggling to control the beasts tha...
5.3M 201K 116
The edited version of this book is being updated under the name "That's Inappropriate, Mr. King." Twenty-two-year-old Anna wonders if she will ever f...
274K 6.7K 50
BOOK 1 OF THE BIG BAD WOLF SERIES: "R-Roman, stop," He lingers on each kiss, teasing me with his tongue. Sparks erupt. "You make me so damn angry...
141K 2.8K 22
"I am a werewolf." As those words slipped through my lips, my angel looks at me bewildered. "You're a-a- what?" I nod, "A werewolf. But not just any...