The Rogue King {18+} (Book 2)

By chelseaxxm123

I was cursed at such a young age, abandoned by my own wolf and the Moon Goddess for something that wasn't in... More

Copyright and Warning!!
Do Not Skip!!!
1. My First Injury
2. Escaped Prisoner
3. Predator and Prey
4. A Blue Moon
5. You're Mine To Play With
6. You're Only as Strong as Your Greatest Weakness
7. There's No Reasoning with a Monster
8. Like Old Times
9. The Training Tournament
Character Pictures: Part 1
10. Victory Afterparty
11. Ambush
12. A Human Trophy
13. The Cells It Is Then
14. Dangerous Threats
15. I Wasn't Prepared To Care
Character pictures: part 2
16. Prove It
17. Don't Ask Questions You Don't Want To Hear The Answers To
18. Hostile Territory
19. A Little Too Much Wine
20. Struggling With The Decisions I'm Making
21. I Won't Stop Until We're Miles Apart
22. Drain Her Dry
23. I Am Now One
24. Extended Prison Sentence
25. A Rock and a Hard Place
26. Shock, Acceptance and A Heartbroken She-Wolf
27. A Gift Worthy Of A Luna
28. This Won't Work Without Trust
29. I Want To See Your Wolf
30. Too Much Wine... Again
31. Is This The Bond or Something Else?
32. A War Is Brewing
33. The Dreams
34. I Won't Let You Leave My Side
35. A Bond To Remember
36. We'll Take This Slow
37. Search Party
38. Reunited
39. My First Love
40. I'm All Yours
41. Send The King A Message For Me
42. The King's Fury
43. A Loss Of Control
45. I'll See You In The Morning
46. Explain Your Actions
47. We're Practically Family
48. Your Mate Will Be Everything
49. Not Until I've Spoken to Her
50. A Meeting With The In-laws
51. Let Me Tell You My Truth, Torben
52. Heartbreak and Acceptance
53. Preparing For Peace
54. Let's Get To Work
55. A Moment to Grieve
56. An Attack In The Night.
57. Weeping On A Battlefield
58. We Were Living with An Enemy
59. You Were Always The Prey
60. We Follow the original Plan
61. I'm Going To Make You My Weapon
62. It Begins
63. Forced Against Eachother
64. Taking Back What Was Stolen
65. A Traitor for Love
66. I Need to Feel Whole

44. Lesson One: Do What Feels Natural

1.2K 95 6
By chelseaxxm123

Happy Easter everyone!!!

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

    I had spent hours dodging Torben's attacks, kicks and had even somersaulted back to avoid his clever hands trying to capture me.

    We were in the inside training room, as many weapons displayed on the walls as I could remember from the last time I had been in here. I had stripped down to skin-tight trousers and a vest top, the rest of my clothes discarded at the edge of the room with my boots beside them.

    Torben had gone topless. His chest and abdominal muscles were coated in sweat, and I had to stop my wolf from picturing extremely realistic scenarios of us in non-fighting positions. I knew my arousal coated the air because Torben's nostrils flared, and his eyes flashed with desire. He was more eager to capture me, to have me beneath him where he could claim victory, but he'd give me what my body yearned for. The doors were locked, giving us maximum privacy and I'd have to admit, the idea of us fucking in here was exciting.

    I dramatically moved away from him. As exciting as it may be, I was enjoying the chase. From the way Torben became more determined and his eyes turned playful, he was loving the chase too.

    Before we started the game of cat and mouse, we had spent the first two hours practicing magic. Nothing had happened. I couldn't summon anything even though I could feel it stirring. Torben had told me it may have to do with my emotions, so he said we'd put it on hold and take a break, and by break he meant physical training. I was exhausted, my body drenched in sweat and my muscles aching. The exhaustion was better compared to the panic attack that had left me terrified and unable to sleep. After this I would be able to sleep for days.

    Light was coming in through the windows as the sun rose, and it was the first time all night that I had any idea what the time was.

    "Have we really been at this all night?" I asked, ducking to the floor and rolling to the side when Torben pounced.

    He chuckled, missing me by an inch. He was getting closer to catching me due to my fatigue. "Yes, time always does fly when you're having fun."

    "Reagan's due to come back today." I ran to the left, Torben's next attack thankfully not taking me off guard. When I'm a safe distance, I ask, "What news do you think he'll bring with him?" It was something I had been pondering all day yesterday. My mind had only taken a break from it during the hours of our training, but with the sun rising I was aware what day it was.

    "Whatever message your father chooses to send back I'm sure will be both devastating and relieving."

    "What do you mean?"

    His response had snagged me, enough so that I yelped when he was suddenly near me, I made to turn duck and roll but before I could turn, his hands had tightened on my waist and my body lifted into the air. I kicked and struggled but my mate was strong and was refusing to break his grip. Forced into a hard and sweaty chest, Torben nipped at my ear.

    "I mean, whatever your father decides, I'm sure will be in your favour. However, I doubt he won't have a catch that comes along with it. Perhaps something he knows will make my blood boil." Torben's breath brushed past my ear in a sensual caress.

    I struggled in his grip again and elbowed him in the ribs. I knew I had made a mistake when he growled. He had moved so fast I had only a second to register my back pressed to the cool padded floor before Torben was on me, dark eyes peering into mine, conveying I had just released the beast.

    His thighs pressed into mine, keeping me firmly in place. I pointed my chin at him in challenge. "I think you're right. And whatever that catch is, I'm sure it will be something neither of us would ever see coming."

    He leaned his face closer. "Let's hope so, I would hate to think the wolven king predictable." He was grinning darkly, his lips moving to the mark at my shoulder. "But nothing could compare to how he must feel knowing I have you." His lips brushed against his mark, and I shuddered, mewling like a cat in heat. He had a point.

    But I didn't want to think of that, my body was growing hot with need. I was boiling from the workout and even though it had released a ton of tension I was craving a very different kind of release.

    I moved to stroke Torben's bulge, firm beneath my hand, but he captured my wrist and gave me a smile. No, a challenge was what I was seeing on his face. I knew he could smell my arousal and see my frustration the moment he denied me what I wanted.

    "We still have some training to do. It would be best not to get distracted." He moved to stand to his feet, and then to adjust himself inside his trousers.

    I leaned up off the floor and stared at him like he was telling me some seriously bad news. "It's too late. I'm already distracted, and it won't stop unless you do something about it."

    The bastard had the nerve to laugh at me.

    "Oh, princess, I'm not going to do anything about it unless you get up here and start practicing your magic again."

    I made a noise of annoyance taking the hand Torben lent to help me up. "Nothing happened earlier, and I doubt that's changed in just a few hours."

    "Well, we won't know unless you try, will we?" He had that teasing smirk, and I was almost tempted to slap it away. I rolled my eyes and resisted the urge to argue back. "Now," Torben was in front of me, so close and as tempting as ever, "Relax and take a deep breathe in and then breathe out."

    I did as Torben told me. For the next few minutes, I let him instruct me on calming and relaxing methods. And in those minutes, I felt like I was releasing weeks—No months of stress. And then he was instructing me on slow peaceful movements.

    Afterwards, my mind felt calm, and my body didn't feel tense. Even though exhaustion lay hidden in my muscles, and I'd definitely feel the strain tomorrow, I didn't have to worry about that now.

    "Now, lesson one when practicing magic." I paused my calming exercises to look at him and he said, "Do what feels natural."

    I scrunched my nose at the idea. "Do what feels natural? I wouldn't know where to start."

    Torben circled me. "Start by looking within and find that spark of magic and then very slowly draw it out. Very slowly."

    I closed my eyes, my nose tingling as Torben's scent drifted around me like a sweet aroma. I began to search inside myself, looking for just an inkling of magic. I had called magic at will only once. To save and heal Torben but again that was driven by emotion. I couldn't let emotions control my magic every time, not if I'm going to cause an earthquake every time I'm afraid or panicking.

    I didn't push myself, I only wanted to find a small flicker of magic. To start small and slow like Torben instructed. Once I'm able to handle that I'll start pushing myself more and more.

    I didn't know what I was going to do with it once I had my hands on a flicker. I'd figure that out afterwards.

    "Easy." Torben palmed my shoulders and beneath his hands I could feel how tense my shoulders were. I made to relax them. "Good girl, stay relaxed. Magic shouldn't have to be hard. It's a part of you, control it like you would an arm or a leg."

     That'd easy for you to say, I thought.

    I only had magic properly for barely a few months. He had his gifts his whole life.

    I slowly dived deeper and then I almost startled when I felt that small flicker of power. It was warm and familiar. I tried not to think too hard as I drew it out, slowly and with extreme caution. One wrong move and it'd be lost. I'd have to start over. It was like Torben could sense the magic in the air because he stopped circling me.

    I drew that magic to my hands, transformed it into what I wanted it to be and when I opened my eyes, I was joyful at the sight of my hands glowing that soft, calming red.

    I laughed in joy and looked to Torben, admiration in his eyes that had me feeling proud of myself.

    "Now the slightly harder part. Tell it what to do."

    I looked at him, apprehensive. "Like what?"

    "Whatever you want. It's yours to do with as you please."

    I frowned and looked around the room. I was hoping I'd see something, and it'd give me an idea. But it worked because my eyes snagged on the dagger, I'd favoured the last time I sparred with Torben.

    It was beautiful as I remembered with its rigid, sharp edged steel and red leather handle. The patterns that coated the handle were as intricate and lovely as last time too.

    Torben saw the item of my attention and he smiled knowingly. We both watched it as I called to it with my powers, the red magic left my palms and encompassed the dagger. I marvelled at the way the dagger glowed and then lifted from the wall agonizingly slowly, but it was doing it. I had to concentrate hard. The weight of the dagger felt heavy against my magic, considering I was only using a small percent of what I had at my disposal.

    Torben was smiling from ear to ear as the dagger passed by his head and into my awaiting hands. I finally released my hold on that magic, and I made a noise of pure relief and accomplishment. I was exhausted mentally, my magic feeling spent at the small action. My brow was coated in sweat, but I didn't care. I twirled the blade in my grasp and marvelled at what I'd just done, no matter how little it was.

    "Can I keep this?" I asked softly, my eyes flickering to his.

    He walked to me and kissed my brow. "You can have anything you want. A token of your accomplishment today." He pulled away briefly and my heart swelled and then his lips were on mine. He kissed me deeply, tongue brushing past my lips to massage my tongue. I was mewling again and then startled when Torben lifted me up. I quickly wrapped my legs around his waist and threw the dagger to the floor, forgotten for now as I cupped Torben's face and brushed his hair away.

    His fingers were digging into my ass as he held me, and I couldn't help but thread my fingers through his hair and tug. He growled playfully against my lips, and I smiled against his.

    And then he paused and pulled away.

    I pulled back, frowning and knew someone was mind-linking him from the way his eyes turned distant, and he had that annoyed look.

    I waited a second and asked, "What is it?"

    He was still mind-linking for another few seconds before his eyes blinked into focus and he reluctantly placed me back on my feet. "Reagan's back. He's asked for us to meet with him right away."

    I pouted and fiddled with the fabric of Torben's tunic, looking up at him through my eyelashes. "Can't he wait five minutes?"

    He clasped my chin with him thumb and forefinger. He pecked my lips, but I already knew I wasn't going to get my way. "Sorry, princess, it sounds pretty urgent, but I'll make it up to you later."

    "Promise?"

    He laughed softly. "Of course, I promise."

✨🌗✨

- Torben

    Asmara was the first one to enter my office when we got there and her eyes immediately found Reagan, sat on the sofa to the right with Ezlyn next to him. Reagan's eyes brightened, as if relieved we'd finally showed up. From the looks of the way he moved an inch further away from Ezlyn, the poor male had been verbally tortured by her. Or perhaps she's come onto him, and it would have been quite strongly from my past experiences with her.

    Ezlyn huffed, annoyed by the intrusion. She leant on the left arm rest of the sofa, but her eyes were still on Reagan, devouring him with her eyes.

    Reagan pretended not to notice.

    Felice was on the sofa closest to the door, also relieved we'd come when we did. He must have been uncomfortable, forced to watch Ezlyn playfully hit on Reagan.

    Now I felt sorry for them both.

    "It's good to have you back," I said to Felice while Reagan and Asmara talked. Reagan was still ignoring Ezlyn's wanting eyes.

    "I would say the same, but you haven't had to put up with Ezlyn's excessive flirting for the past twenty minutes." Felice spoke loud enough for Ezlyn to hear.

    She turned her head and fought the urge to get up and slap him. Fortunately for us she settled for giving him a very vulgar hand gesture that made my lips twitch.

    It wasn't until she turned her head again that Felice spoke in my mind. She's insufferable.

    I'm sure she'd say the same about you. I know for certainty she would.

    Felice gave me a look that said he didn't give a shit what she had to say about him.

    Asmara was sat behind my desk now, waiting for me to sit next to her so we could find out Reagan's urgent news. I tapped Felice on the arm, a friendly gesture that told him I was glad he was back before I made to join Asmara.

    "So, Reagan," I addressed him as I made my way across the room, "what could have Adrenous' response been that made this meeting so urgent. I was already anticipating tricky compromises and catches but I wouldn't think any to be urgent." I finally sat down, looking to him expectantly.

    "I thought it best to call this meeting immediately so you and Asmara might prepare yourselves. Or least of all discuss it." Reagan spoke with mock politeness and then rested his lips in a hard line.

    "Prepare? I've already prepared for a meeting with him. It's there that we will discuss terms fully—"

    "No," Reagan interrupted, "they don't want to meet with you yet. They have made it perfectly clear to me its Asmara they want to meet with first. They emphasised that you are not to be there."

    I had clenched my teeth so hard, I thought they might break. "Are they out of their damn minds? Do they think I'm fucking stupid? They'll just take her from me."

    "He' right, Reagan. If I go, they won't let me come back," Asmara defended. She knew her parents better than anyone.

    "She understands that's what you'd presume, so she's willing to send someone In Asmara's place. A token of her promise that she'll give Asmara back so that he'll be safe and given back too."

    "Wyatt." Asmara said her brother's name in surprise. "He's the only one equal to me in their hearts. They know Torben would only accept someone like that for his reassurance that I'll be sent back."

    Reagan only nodded and said," This is your mother's doing. She will only agree to meet with Torben once she meets with you first. Your father has begrudgingly agreed with her. And it must be tonight or never."

    "Tonight?" Asmara turned to look at me, searching my face for a reaction to this.

    "Your mother's very demanding." Ezlyn made it known what she thought of the wolven queen. "But if she's willing to send her son in her daughter's place, perhaps we should at least consider it."

    "I'm reluctant to agree with Ezlyn," Ezlyn shot Felice a look of annoyance, which he returned with a smile, "but I do. Like they said, it's tonight or never. Can we really risk not having an audience with them and therefore, not moving towards an alliance?"

    "Tonight, or never." I mumbled to myself bitterly. How dare they. They know I want this alliance for Asmara, that if I had it my way, I'd throw caution to the wind and kill Adrenous out of vengeance and anger. But fuck.... They were deliberately exploiting my one weakness as far as they could take it without me fully exploding into a rage that could have them wiped out and their entire pack.

    I had fallen into a lethal calm that only Asmara could truly read.

    Asmara made a move to assure me by placing her hand on mine. Her thumb moved in a circular caress that had me staring at her openly. I allowed her to see how scared I was if this went wrong, and she was forever taken from me.

    I can't lose you.

    She smiled and squeezed my hand. You won't. I'll always come back to you; I promise. This is the only way they'll agree to an audience with us. We can't risk losing that opportunity.

    "I know," I said out loud, still bitter and not caring that it made it clear we had spoken privately.

    Felice was the one to ask first, "What would you like to do?"

    Ezlyn and Reagan looked to me now expectantly. Felice already knew what I was going to say, and Asmara was now wary, like deep down she knew my answer too.

    My lips slowly tugged into a devilish smirk, "I'll agree to Queen Alivia's demand, but there are a few loopholes to which I plan to exploit."

✨🌕✨

What do you think will happen when Asmara finally sees her parents again?

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for future updates and announcements.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 9.6K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...
108K 3.7K 47
"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly plucked out of without my input all becaus...
1.3K 488 24
*Book Two Of The Federation Series* It is said that the moon goddess created supernatural beings that gain strength from the moon, creatures of the n...
113K 2.9K 35
**TRIGGER WARNING: this book contains scenes of rape and other sexual assault actions. Readers discretion is advised*** I hear a low rumble behind me...