The Last of Its Kind [AoT]

By WhatADrag6

A child forced to live life on the streets until the unprecedented calamity that claimed many lives and left... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX

L

2K 87 84
By WhatADrag6

A figure with blonde hair leaned against a wall watching into the stockade that contained more people then it's ever housed in the longest. They watched into the cell devoid of emotion as more people were shoved in there.

Their eyes remained emotionless, but they couldn't help but cringe seeing the children behind bars. Given that this just may be the safest place for them right now...it still pained them knowing that children were being forced into this situation.

Inside the large cell rested chairs, table, drinks and some food to keep the captives' needs satisfied. Their eyes glanced over at the large family in the cell before glancing at the Scouts not aligned with the controlling side, the Jaegerists.

"So? All we can do is sit here while it all plays out?" Connie questioned leaning against the bars of the cell holding a cup of tea.

"I'm starting to understand why Ky hated being in a cell." Jean commented.

"Yeah, no kiddin'. Not even a few days and I'm getting stir crazy." Connie sighed out.

"Well, this is under different context and we unfortunately don't have Ky here to break us out." Armin stated with a small smile thinking about their friend.

"Yeah, if she was here the lock would be picked the minute they left." Jean sighed out causing Armin to chuckle snd shake his head remembering how the girl kept herself occupied during her time in the cell.

"And we would have probably had a cat visit us as well." Armin stated causing the group of Scouts to chuckle remembering the memory of the cat that followed the girl around even after leaving the cell and Levi demanding that Kyra ditch the cat. Unfortunately even after the cat didn't want to leave making for an entertaining day.

"Care for tea?" Mr. Braus offered having brewed a pot.

"Thanks." Armin said sitting at the table grabbing the cup.

"Armin, could you bust out of here as a Titan?" Connie asked glancing towards him going back to the serious situation they were currently in.

"No. Afraid not. I'd just destroy the city. Unlike Eren's Titan, the Colossal Titan although powerful, can't do something that precise." Armin explained looking across at Mikasa.

"So? Why did Eren beat you to a pulp? It's about time you tell us." Jean inquired leaning up against a wall.

"He said hurtful things to Mikasa. I swung at him and he hit back." Armin explained vaguely.

"Huh? He hurt Mikasa?How? " Jean pressed further for answers.

"Well he--"

"--Stop. It's fine." Mikasa interrupted the man before he had a chance to speak.

"No, it isn't fine. Seriously. What exactly did he say?" Jean asked.

"May as well just let it go, Jean. We already know he's a total piece of shit. Now he's lost his mind and hurt the threr people he should care about most." Connie spat out.

"Three?" Jean asked in confusion.

"Yeah, he set Kyra up. From what she told me Eren sent a bunch of men from Marley to her childhood home who had I'll intentions. It's why she was so pissed at him." Connie informed causing Armin and Mikasa to gasp with wide eyes.

Armin glanced down understanding why Kyra was saying that she lost her trust in Eren.

"Gotcha. That's why she attacked him that night." Jean droned out understanding what made her become spiteful and seethe uncontrollably with venom towards the man.

"I think if he was sane, he wouldn't do it without a good reason. Do you think there's some sort of meaning behind it? An ulterior motive?" Jean pondered out. Before footsteps approached the cell causing them to glance out from the cell.

The figure moved closer against the wall as Yelena, Onyankopen, and Greiz walked up to the cell.

"Long time no see, heroes of Shiganshina. It pains me to reunite in a place like this." Yelena said greeting them with a fist over her chest.

"No way! You're on their side, too?! Let us out!" Connie yelled grabbing a hold of the bars as he looked at Onyankopen.

"That's a lot to ask, considering you guys put me on house arrest. Just sit quiet and behave until Zeke and Eren meet." Onyankopen said.

"Why you...!" Connie growled out.

"Must be nice, Yelena. Everything went exactly how you planned. Through you, Eren moved how Zeke wanted. Raiding Marley, getting people's support, using wine to take over the military... Now, Eldia and the Founding Titan are yours. You can crush Marley and avenge your homelands. Isn't that the real reason you came to the island?" Jean inquired moving next to Connie facing the three behind bars.

"This place was primitive. We brought it out of the past." Onyankopen informed.

"Huh?!" Connie exclaimed in anger.

"So you and your pals could enjoy it. Once you ruled, that is." Nicolo spat out.

"You were played as fools and defeated. That's all it is." Greiz said indifferently.

"Greiz! Looks like you sold us out to get promoted to Yelena's lackey, you snitch!" Nicolo spat grabbing hold of the bars..

"Are you stupid? It's you who sided with the devils. You're the real traitor!" Greiz said moving closer to the bars.

"Say what?" Nicolo breathed out in question.

"You had the hots for some devil spawn who reeked of potatoes!" Greiz spat out.

Nicolo growled reaching his hand out to choke the man. "I'm gonna kill you!" He yelled out in anger as Jean grabbed him.

"Chill, Nicolo!" Jean said trying to calm the man down.

"You wouldn't shut up about her, day and night. Stupid me thought you'd get a grip when the bitch died." Greiz spat.

"What'd you just call her?!" Nicolo yelled out struggling against Jean's hold.

"I'll make it easy to understand. That spawn-of-the-devil whore deserved--" Greiz's words were cut off as a gun that was aimed for his head fired off. Greiz dropped to the ground dead as gasps of shock from the adults and screams of terror from the children inside the cell could be heard.

"Yelena?!" Onyankopen gasped out in shock as he looked at the woman. Yelena bowed at those in the cell.

"I apologize for his disrespect. This island has no need for those who would call you devils. Believe me, our true goal is nothing as petty or hollow as getting revenge on Marley. Our goal is to end the cycle of hatred to save Eldia and even Marley. No more secrets. I'll tell you everything-- about Zeke's plan to save the world: His "euthanization" plan." Yelena said before starting to explain to the group.

The figure leaned against the wall listening to the conversation and just when the two started to walk away Yelena glanced at the figure before stopping.

"You girl, please clean the mess that I made up." Yelena said kindly.

The blonde female glanced at her before nodding. "Of course." The woman responded before moving the body away from the cell and out of the stockade.

The figure quickly walked through the streets as civilians protested on the side of the Jaegerists.

The woman held herself from rolling her eyes at the ignorance of the people before quickly diving into a an alley keeping concealed against the wall as she listened.

"Eren is on his way to meet Zeke. Floch is finding the location from Commander Hange. They were heading for Shiganshina las time I checked. And by the time he reaches them the entire Scouts positioned where Zeke is will be no more then mindless Titans." A person informed.

"But what about Levi and Kyra?" Another voice questioned.

"They will be out of our hair and we won't have to worry about them getting in our way anymore." The voice said arrogantly.

"Really? I'm surprised Floch would agree to put Kyra in danger given that he has the hots for her." A man questioned in shock.

"Well, knowing what they have in store for her...he might kill her himself to put her out of her misery." The other stated. A man whistled.

"Zeke and Eren probably won't be happy if he does." He stated knowingly.

"Let's go! We are needed back at the stockades." A man ordered out.

"Right!" The two said.

The men left leaving the blonde to sigh in relief before glancing up at the sky, exhaling.

She moved out of the alley discreetly as she walked past the disgruntled crowd before moving through the city. She came to a horse tied around a tree before untying the horse and mounting it.

She entered Shiganshina looking around before moving to a roof. She glanced down before spotting blood.

Her eyes trailed from the blood before her eyes widened spotting the figure of a crumbled man on the ground. The well respected man laid in a pool of his own blood, severely beaten.

The woman moved forward glancing down at the man before nudging him with her foot. She exhaled seeing the man's chest move.

She closed her eyes in thought before sighing. She grabbed the man putting his arm around her neck before slowly lifting the man up off the ground.

She slowly lugged his body through the doorway before out of the building.

"Hey! You there! What do you think you're doing?" A man called out causing the woman to stop and turn to the man.

"Floch requested that he be put in a military cell." The woman informed.

"Your working from the direct orders of Floch. Alright, take him." The man said before moving away.

The woman grunted pulling the man along with her.

She stared at the man resting in the cell before moving away once she knew he would be fine. She walked out of the streets before sitting on a hill.

She sat down staring at the flowers that wavered in the wind. Her mind seeming to wander for a moment before she shook her head.

She glanced down at the paper resting in her lap before setting down her pen and sighing. She pulled out a loaf of bread before taking a bite relaxing from the hectic war that would inevitably start due to the declaration made.

She turned spotting the horse. "You know, I'm starting to constantly question myself. Like how did it come to this? How I got myself where I am now? It's strange. And you probably think I'm crazy, don't you boy? Wouldn't blame you. I think you might be right on that one. I think I might lose it by the end of this...that's to say if I don't die that is." The woman spoke as the horse glanced at her before huffing. The woman chuckled shaking her head.

"And here I am talking to a horse. There's only one person known for doing that. But you probably already know that, huh boy?" The woman spoke before sighing.

She finished the loaf before folding the piece of paper up. She walked to the horse adjusting the saddle before untying the horse.

"It's better if I let you loose. One of us should get a chance to run and avoid death and the only one I see having a shot at that is you. So go run and be free, boy. You know what to do. And I'm sure your friend is waiting for you." The woman spoke giving the horse one last gentle pet as it nuzzle into her hand before running off into a direction.

The blonde woman stood watching the horse gallop off as a smile gave to her lips. You know what to do. I'm counting on you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 8.1K 140
ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴄʜɪʟᴅʜᴏᴏᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀs, ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ɪɴ ʙʏ Kᴇɴɴʏ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ. ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ ʜᴀᴅ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs ғᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ, ʙᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ, ᴛ...
7.4K 628 16
| synopsis | - 𝘝𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴!𝘈𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘯 𝘹 𝘧𝘦𝘮!𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 - Definitely, opening your eyes like a titan in the world of Shinge...
134K 3.1K 78
You, Levi, Isabel and Farlan were living happily, roaming the streets of the underground until one day you crossed paths with the Titans. That day ch...
11.3K 1.6K 31
Every little girl dreams of her happily ever after with her very own prince charming, but for Elizabeth Smith, her dashing prince came unexpected, as...