Under the Willow Tree | Draco...

By lizzature

on the surface, the two couldn't have been more different. he was cruel, arrogant, and cold; she was quiet... More

important notes
covers
chapter 1: her prince charming
chapter 2: who's nott?
chapter 3: loony lovegood
chapter 4: he probably deserved it
chapter 5: draco's first letter
chapter 6: they love a good hunk o' meat
chapter 7: like what you see?
chapter 8: letters
chapter 9: how pathetic
chapter 10: the sun and its little moon
chapter 11: don't be mean about that
chapter 12: you're hiding something
chapter 13: dainty handwriting and soft words
chapter 14: pen pal archives
chapter 15: you can have the prettiest ones
chapter 16: mon amour
chapter 17: chocolate chip
chapter 18: daddy's boy
chapter 19: i thought we were friends
chapter 20: hi, jude
chapter 21: you daft muppet
chapter 22: as soft as a porcupine
chapter 23: i've avenged her mistakes
chapter 24: did you just say mum is home?
chapter 25: more letters
chapter 26: i'll stick with princess
chapter 27: like hypothermia
chapter 28: you don't need to be sorry
chapter 29: quit acting like a twit
chapter 30: hidden messages
chapter 31: delusional losers
chapter 32: i'm going to kill him for this
chapter 33: you manipulated her
chapter 34: i'll never do it again, i promise
chapter 35: i didn't tell you to let go
chapter 36: mind or soul
chapter 37: seasons
chapter 38: with every rise
chapter 39: there is a fall
chapter 40: the invisible wounds continue to bleed
chapter 41: i'm worried about you
chapter 42: letters vol. 4
chapter 43: happiness and murder
chapter 44: that was not a normal sound
chapter 45: i can't use my legs
chapter 46: i'm far too pissed off
chapter 47: i only wanted to protect you
chapter 48: you can't hog my best friend
chapter 49: you're too good to me
chapter 50: did he do that to you?
chapter 51: the flowers are still alive
chapter 52: le garçon stupide
chapter 53: that's how i got the scars
chapter 54: i love you too, mean boy
chapter 55: mr. tall, dark, and geeky
chapter 56: who she'd kill first
chapter 57: stand back, miss jones
chapter 58: let's not do anything irrational
chapter 59: i need you
chapter 60: they cannot find her
chapter 61: he needs me
chapter 62: his last letter
chapter 64: please help
chapter 65: i need to get you out of here
chapter 66: a name is fine
chapter 67: some much-needed dance therapy
chapter 68: i know where they are
chapter 69: they thought they killed me
chapter 70: under the willow tree
chapter 71: the sun was gone
chapter 72: the more you fight it, the more painful it becomes
thank you + q&a
story playlist

chapter 63: your little mudblood pet

18.2K 605 283
By lizzature

Draco Malfoy | 7th Year

The sky was pitch black, and there was an eerie chill in the air on that late autumn day, but Draco hardly noticed. The chill outside now just matched the coldness inside him.

Draco was sitting in his bed and staring at the wall with an empty stare. He tried to will himself to feel something, but he couldn't seem to find anything good inside himself. He was full of inky darkness, an endless wintry night. Everything inside him was ice cold and dead.

Theo and Blaise came into the dorm room, laughing together and cracking jokes. Draco couldn't even look at Blaise. He couldn't believe Theo would talk to the boy who gave the death eaters the power to ruin everything. They were the ones who kept Lorelei away from him.

He completely ignored his two happy roommates and slipped from the dorm. He climbed out of the Slytherin common room with a stoic expression on his face. He heard Daphne and Pansy both laughing happily somewhere, and he wanted to scream. How could anyone be happy in this prison? In this war?

The corridors were empty and cold, but something felt off to Draco. He paced down the long stretch of the hallway in the direction of the library. Even if he had a petty rivalry with Hermione Granger in their younger years, he wished once again that she was around. Maybe she'd have a solution to his misery. Maybe she'd know how to get Lorelei safely back in his arms again, but no. She, Weasley, and Potter were missing. Draco could only pray that they were doing something to stop this war.

Draco stopped abruptly when his dark mark began to burn. He hissed in pain and grabbed his forearm. His fingers twitched over the burning mark in a panic to make the pain stop, but he had long ago learned that nothing helped. Nothing made the pain any less, and there was no way to remove it.

As the pain intensified, Draco knew this meant he was in danger. Death eaters, or even Voldemort himself, were nearby.

Draco turned to run, but his father and Gideon Davies appeared out of thin air. He stumbled backwards and pointed at Gideon with a flailing hand. "No, you're dead. You're not real."

"Then why does the pain feel so real?" Gideon taunted with a smile that probably used to be charming. Now, it was haunting.

Draco found his throat completely closed off. He pointed his wand between the two evil men, but Lucius moved forward swiftly and wrestled the wand out of Draco's hand. Once Draco was trapped and defenseless, the agony started.

Gideon was casually pointing his wand at Draco, but his cruel smile made it clear what he was doing.

Draco cried out and collapsed to the ground in his misery. The world outside darkened even further until there wasn't even a drop of light left in the outside world. The darkness seemed to materialize, drifting into the corridors in a black fog that slithered along the floor towards him.

"Draco!" Lorelei's sweet voice called.

He snapped open his eyes and found her standing at the end of the corridor. She was smiling brilliantly, and the darkness was gone. It was bright outside now. The skies were a soft baby blue, and the breeze drifting into the corridor was warm, like a lovely summer day.

"It's okay, ma moitié. I'm here," Lorelei said. Her eyes were round and sad, and Draco knew it was because she was worried about him crying on the floor.

Lucius and Gideon were gone, not real, so Draco pulled himself onto his aching legs and hurried towards Lorelei. "How did you get here, princess?"

She smiled at him and reached a hand out towards him, but before he could reach her, her eyes rolled to the back of her head, and she let out a deafening scream. Draco caught her as she collapsed.

Outside, the night returned in sweeping waves of darkness, but Draco didn't consider the reality of such an experience. He was too broken. Blood was pooling out of Lorelei's back where his father's knife was stabbed into her flesh, and Draco couldn't breathe.

Lucius paced the corridor and coldly laughed. "Oh, did you think I wouldn't find out about your little mudblood pet? You disgust me, Draco. You allowed yourself to be weakened by a mudblood. You let that vile thing turn you into a blood traitor!"

Gideon came out of the shadows with a slight smile dancing in his eyes. His brown hair was coated in blood and grime, and his normally blue eyes were soulless. His skin was still incredibly pale, but it was slowly yellowing before Draco's eyes.

"I'm going to kill both of you!" Draco screamed.

He stood up, shaking with rage, but in a flash, Lucius grabbed him by the collar of his jumper and threw him into the opposite wall. Draco groaned at the collision but started to pull himself to his feet again. Before he fully got to his feet again, Lucius was already there.

Draco snapped his eyes up at his father towering above him. Lucius' hands were formed into fists while the darkness from outside bled into the room and surrounded Lucius like a corrupted halo.

"Son, you really need to learn when to quit," Lucius sneered, and then the darkness consumed Draco's vision.

Draco opened his eyes in his bed and heard sobs scraping through his chest. He hated that he still couldn't recognize these nightmares. He never realized they were just dreams until they were over, after they had already hurt him.

These night terrors haunted him whenever he found a moment of sleep, so he often opted to stay up as late into the night as he could. The dreams were just far too painful. He would rather physically suffer than experience this mental anguish every night.

"Do you want to get some tea and talk, Draco?" Theo croaked from his nearby bed. He didn't fancy sacrificing his sleep normally, but every night, he still offered.

"No... Thank you though," Draco murmured and hastily wiped at his face. He sat up and put his face in his hands. His book lay discarded next to him on his bed. He would have to find a more interesting read next time, one that didn't let him fall asleep.

"A couple weeks ago, I slipped onto the train with the death eaters," Theo groggily whispered. "They were going to instill terror in Edinburgh, but I went to Lorelei's. She was at her Gran's, at the kitchen table. She was working on some Muggle homework it looked like. I left her a note to tell her we were all okay."

He sat up too, and a few pillows fell off the edge of his bed and onto the floor. His dark hair was disheveled, and his gaze was heavy with something Draco recognized in himself.

Fear.

"Did she look happy?" Draco didn't want her to be sad. He hoped she was finding things to look forward to, things to put her hope in.

"She certainly looked better than the two of us," Theo drily laughed.

"Do you think she's okay?"

"Okay is really subjective right now, mate. Her being alive is a relief in itself," Theo sighed.

Every time he heard about more attacks on Muggles in London, Theo scanned the list of the deceased and felt relieved when he didn't find their names.

"Will you visit her on our holiday break? I won't be able to see her, and I want her to be able to talk to one of us... I'm worried about how lonely she must be," Draco admitted.

His chest ached with the thought of her feeling how she did before she had any friends at Hogwarts. Draco didn't want her to ever suffer, and he hated how he couldn't stop the pain he knew she was probably feeling. If she could just see one of them, even for a few minutes, maybe it would give her some hope.

"Of course," Theo finally said. He gave Draco a reassuring smile.

Draco nodded repeatedly and took some deep breaths. Even if it wasn't much, it was something, and he just had to hope that would be enough.

//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

535K 6.3K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
78.9K 1.6K 44
{Completed and Editing} You're a muggle-born who had gone to Hogwarts. It was your 4th year there, and you are in the Hufflepuff house & golden trio(...
1M 42.5K 62
Briar watched him with curiosity as he shuffled closer. He stumbled when he neared her but managed to steady himself before he fell. He slightly blus...
68.8K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...