Retreat into Darkness

By helswrites

#1 in sword fighting #3 in darkforest #7 in weapons #12 in gory #25 in mysterious (THIS BOOK HAS MANY GRAMMA... More

Don't go into the Darkness
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Welcome the Darkness
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 30

5.3K 156 145
By helswrites

Allaura Aislinn

I woke up on Caspian. My head was cuddled in his shoulder while my leg was on top of his.

I looked up but he was already awake and staring at the ceiling.

"You okay?" I asked and shifted my body against his.

He looks at me and smile, "Yeah. I have to go by the market today. I'll leave now." He states and starts to get up.

"Why so soon?" I ask with a pout.

We just woke up.

He leans in and kisses my lips softly. "I have to get your supplies. I wanna take care of you." He says.

Oh my god, no.

I look behind me but there isn't any blood on the bed or on me.

Thank you god.

"Lets get you another bath before training." He says and lifts me up, walking to the bathroom.

He sets me down on the toilet and goes to turn on the hot water. My hair falls around my face and acts like a curtain, blocking out Caspian from my view.

That would have been so embarrassing.

He comes and kneels down in front of me, moving the hair away from my face. "I know what you're thinking. It's natural." He says softly. "I'll go to the market to get your stuff."

"Thank you." I say with a smile.

He kisses my forehead and leaves me to the bath.

Thankfully, my cycle didn't start today. It could be in another two or three days, but it's better to have supplies before hand.

I shudder when I step into the bath, he knows just how hot I like it.

Coming back from the mission. . . It was a huge pain in the ass. Both Aeryn and I were injured. We didn't complain though and we didn't rest. We told ourselves it was best to keep moving until we got back to training grounds. It wouldn't be safe to rest outside of training grounds. The Verl Fay continue to hunt me, and we were both injured.

A knock on the bathroom door interrupts my thoughts.

"Allaura?" Dominics voice says through the closed door.

"Yeah?" I answer and use the tub to support my weight.

"Hey, sorry, I was just checking in to see how you are. You okay? Aeryn told me what happened out there." He asks.

I relax back into the tub. "Yeah i'm alright. How's Aeryn? I was gonna go check on her after my bath."

"She's okay. Her leg is sore from the bite but other than that, she's okay." He says happily.

"You care for her, don't you?" I ask softly.

He stays quiet for a few moments as if he's thinking about an answer. "Yeah, yeah I do." He finally answers. "I'll see you later today, okay? Sorry for interrupting your bath, I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

"You're fine Dom. I'll see you in abit."

I hear him walk off and then muffled voices near the door. Then the bedroom door slam shut. I hear stomping on the other side of the bathroom door before it slides open. I yelp and cover myself but I realize it's Caspian.

"Jesus, you scared me." I laugh awkwardly and cover my bare breasts and exposed center.

But he's scowling as he goes through a basket with my supplies. "What was he doing in here?" He asks aggressively.

"Dom?" He nods his head. "Oh. He was just checking to see if I was alright."

"Did he come in the bathroom."

I laugh at that. "No, of course not."

His shoulders relax and he breaths out a heavy sigh.

"Jealous are we?" I tease.

"Shut up."

I laugh and grab the towel he has hanging from his hand.

Wrapping myself in the towel, I walk over to the basket and scan what he got me. I don't complain when I see the strips of thick fabric.
It's not like the pads I have at home, but it's better than nothing.

"Thank you." I tell him.

He nods his head. "Get dressed. I'll be out in the kitchen." He says and walks out of the bathroom.

He's so weird.

One minute he can be so bold and the next he's the shyest person i've met. It's cute, really.

I get dressed in my training clothes and tie my hair up with a piece of leather. It's grown out pretty long.
When I arrived, it was above my shoulders, and now it's just above my breast.

I walk out and shut the door before walking down the stairs.
Walking into the kitchen, I see Dom, Aeryn and Kate all sitting together and eating. But no Caspian.
I frown as I make my way towards the three of them when I don't see any sign of Caspian in the kitchen.

"How you feeling?" Aeryn asks when I sit down.

"I'm alright. And you? How's your leg."

"As good as it can be." She says with a chuckle. "How's your ankle?"

I make note to ask Caspian to heal Aeryn. "As good as it can be." I reply with a smile.

"You're not limping anymore." Katlynne points out.

"Yeah, Caspian helped with that."

"What'd he do?" She asks curiously.

"He helped the healing process. I was gonna ask for him to help with you leg." I say looking at Aeryn. "If it's okay with you of course."

Aeryn nods her head happily. "Anything to help the process." She chuckles.

I look back at Katlynne but she's watching Aeryn and Dominic while they talk.

"Kate, can I talk to you? Alone." I ask and get up.

She doesn't say anything and follows me out of the kitchen until we're outside.

"You like Dom?" I ask straight up. I've seen the way she looked at him back at—at home. And I see the jealousy in her eyes when she watches Aeryn and him talk.

"No. Of course not." She replies too fast.

"Kate, you don't need to lie. I've seen the way you look at him-"

"I said I don't like him Allaura. Don't push it." She bites out.

I give her a sad smile but she only scoffs before walking away, towards her trainer.

I sigh and look around the camp.
Everyday, we wake up, eat and train. Every single day. Will this be the rest of my life? I don't know. But it's better than being dead at least.

I look near the gates and see Caspian walking through them with a hard face.
He storms past everyone before he sees me. His face doesn't relax thought. He jerks his head to our training area and doesn't wait to see if I follow.

Someone's mad.

I walk behind him towards our ground. He's tense, his shoulders aren't relaxed and he's stiff all around.

She yanks open the box with weapons and throws my daggers to my feet while he yanks out his sword.

"Are you alright?" I can't help but ask. He seemed fine this morning.

"Fine. Let's train." He says short and cold.

I furrow my eyebrows and feel a pang of hurt in my stomach but get into position.

He doesn't wait, he attacks me, and he comes at me hard. My eyes go wide as I see his sword near my neck.

I raise my dagger and block his attack before spinning out of the way. But he already after me. He attacks my back and hits my back with the point of his blade.
I hiss and feel a sudden rush of adrenaline.
My face hardens and I can barely feel the drop off blood rolling down my back.

I don't look at him, I attack. I swing my left hand out and jump to him. He blocks my dagger with his blade and a loud clash sounds around us that people stop their own fighting to watch.
But I don't care.

We're both breathing heavy. I feel the blood in my veins turn hot and my heart beats calmly in my ears.

Caspian now looks hesitant when he looks into my eyes.

But I don't stop. I attack him again and he can't do anything but block them all. He has no opening on me, I have all the advantage.

"Come. On." I snarl and swing my blade to him. This time it slices through the clothing on his arm.

"Allaura-"

But I attack again. This was his idea. We never hurt each other in training. But he attacked and didn't hold back.

Our blades dance along with each other. Singing out everytime they touch.

"Focus Caspian." I laugh cruelly. "Isn't that what you taught me? Fucking focus." And I swing again. He blocks and ducks every attack. A thin layer of sweat layers my forehead and my back aches.

He tries to attack. I don't think, I just do.

I grab his blade with my bare palm and stop it from crashing down on my shoulder. Blood coats my palm and runs down my white tunic and silver blade.

His eyes go wide and now fill with concern.

I let go of the blade and spin my leg under his and his falls onto the dirt.

I'm already on him and use my bloody hand to add pressure on his neck, but not enough to block his airways.

"Focus." I snarl in his face.

"Allaura..."

I laugh cruelly. "You came at me. You didn't hold back. You pierced my skin first. I just returned the fucking favor."

I'm aware we have an audience, but I couldn't care less. Some look at us in awe, while Dominic and Aeryn look concerned.

My own bloods coats his throat. He looks between both of my eyes and opens his mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

"That's what I thought." I tell him and push off of him.

He scrambles up behind me, but i'm already gone.

The adrenaline still runs hot in my veins. It's too much, I need to let it loose. My breaths are heavy and hot, I need a way to cool off.

So I walk off into the woods. Maybe not the smartest idea, but it's better than hurting someone in training.

All I see is red. All I hear is my own heavy breathing while I walk further and further into the thick trees.

Come and get me.

I stop in the middle of a clearing. I made lots of noise, didn't hide my tracks. I was careless, but I don't care.

A cruel smile pulls at the corner of my lip when I hear a set of feet come up to my left.

"Fay killer." It hisses.

It doesn't come to attack me just yet, so I slowly turn and face it.

The Very Fay has long hair; Male.

"You want me?" I ask him.

"I want to skin you alive." It purrs.

"Well? I'm right here." I tell him and open my arms wide.

He hisses and lunges for me. I laugh and swipe my blade onto his stomach. He cries out and shoots his hand to his abdomen. But the blood slows down and the skin starts to heal.

But I use this chance to come up behind me and push my blade onto his throat.

"If you move, I will slice off your head."

He freezes for a second but then tries to wiggle out of my blade. So I stab my other dagger in the center of his back, touching his spin.

He screams out and freezes when feeling the cold steel touch his bone.

"You're coming with me." I say sweetly in his ears before pushing him forward.
He winces but moves in the direction I guide him.

"Why do you call me Fay killer." I ask him while the pounding in my ears decrease.

"Why do you think-" I press the glad further. "Okay! Because—because no human is able to kill Fay like you did. You are an abomination." He snarls.

"I trained, of course i'm able to kill them."

"No human is as fast as you, little girl. Those Fay you killed in the snow? You killed an ancient. They're fast, too fast for your kind."

I furrow my eyebrows but don't answer. I only push him further and finally see the opening to the grounds.

"You're taking me there? To The Guardian?" He asks sounding worried.

"Scared?" I coo.

"He will torture me for weeks. He has no mercy, please—please spare me. I will clear your name. I—I'll make sure we don't hunt you." He rambles on faster and faster as we near the opening I left from.

I laugh. "The Guardian won't be the only one torturing you."

He releases a whimper when I push my blade further into his back.

We enter to grounds and eyes already widen at the sight of the Fay. Whispers surround us both as I continue to walk to Alek's office.
Aeryn, Dom, And Kate all stare wide eyed at the thing I drag into their training grounds.

"Keep moving." I bite out when I feel him slow down.

From the corner of my eye, I see Caspian push through the crowd and march towards me.

"What the hell were you thinking." He growls out walking next to me.

"I wasn't." It's the truth. I wasn't thinking and I just acted. It was stupid and reckless, but it worked out in my favor.

"You could have been killed." He stresses.

"I don't care. Not anymore." I whisper and finally push the doors into Alek's office.

He raises his head and then his own eyes go wide at the sight of the Fay on my blade.

I yank out my blade and push him onto his knees.

"What a pleasant surprise." Alek says and grins at the sight of the Fay on his knees before him.

"Kill him, torture him, but I want answers from him. Who gave them the ability to heal, who she is and where she is." I tell him and it almost sounds like an order.

Alek looks surprised at my tone. "Of course dear." He says.

I nod once and walk out the door, Caspian right behind me.

He doesn't say anything until we reach the room. The door slammed shut behind me.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Caspian yells.

"I don't know." I say.

"Allaura, you could have been killed. Do you understand that? Your life could have ended because of your reckless decision." He stresses and reaches for my arm.

"I don't care anymore!" I yell and yank my arm away from him. "I don't care if I die out there anymore."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I just—I don't know." I say and my voice can't help but crack.

I put my hand over my mouth and look at the ceiling to stop the tears threatening to spill.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I drove you to be mad. It wasn't my intention, it wasn't my intention to hurt you." He says.

"What happened this morning?" I ask him.

He only shakes his head and doesn't answer.

My lip trembles.

"I wake up, I eat and I train. I wait a week and go onto a mission that threatens to end my life. Only a month ago I was worried about getting to school late, worried about coming home to my mom drinking again. Worried i'll get blamed for my fathers disappearance. And now? Now I have to ask myself, 'will my life end today?'. And if it does, I wasn't able to tell my mother i've loved her for the last time. I wasn't able to keep my promise to her."

A sob breaks through my throat. I wipe away my tears harshly. "Im so sick of crying." I say but the tears continue to fall.

Caspian comes in front of me and grabs both of my hands away from my face. He leans down and kisses away my tears. "You're so strong. And i'm sorry you have to go through this. And I can only promise that i'll be here with you through every step you take." He promises.

My shoulders shake in silent sobs and I wrap my arms around his neck.

All the adrenaline from my body is gone and I feel everything. I feel the deep cut in my palm and the small cut on my back.

I wince and pull away to inspect my hand. It's deep and long. I don't get a long look at it before Caspian puts his hand over it and his other hand travels under my shirt onto the cut on my back.
Both hands work together and heal to close the wound.

"I'm sorry for this." He mumbles.

"Why were you mad?" I ask.

He looks hesitant at first. "I saw my father at the market when I went to get your supplies. He tried to talk to me but I ignored him and walked out."

It makes sense why he was so mad. He has hate for his father. But he had no right to take it out on me.

"I'm sorry you saw him." I tell him. "But you shouldn't have taken it out on me. You should have talked to me."

"I know and i'm sorry." He says ashamed and rubs his palm over his face.

"talk to me next time." I tell him.

"I will. I promise I will." He sighs.

"I am sorry you saw him. I understand your hate towards him."

"You have nothing to be sorry for." He removes his hand from under my shirt and away from my palm. He brings my scarred palm to his mouth and brushes a light kiss on it.

"I want to kiss all your beautiful scars." He mumbles.

"I have many." I tell him.

I have many on my back, legs, arms. Almost everywhere.

"And i'll kiss all of them."

"You can't." I laugh.

"I can, and I will." He says and drags me to the bed.

He settles me down on the bed and slowly comes on top of me. "You're serious?" I ask shocked.

"Very." Is all he replies with before he starts to tug my white shirt over my head. I sit up and allow the shirt to be removed from my body. Next he unties my pants and slides them past my waist and all the way down to my ankles until they're fully

I'm only left in a regular bra and comfortable underwear.

Caspian stares at my body and I try my best not to squirm under his gaze.

"You're so beautiful." He says and leans on both of his elbows beside me.

He kisses the scar of my face, the scar on my stomach, my legs, all the way down to my ankles. I shudder whenever his lips brush a sensitive spot. But he did it. He really kissed all my scars. From the tip of my nose, all the way to my ankles.

"I can't believe you just did that." I breath out feeling flustered.

"Better believe it." He says and kisses me deeply.

It's not rushed, but there is emotion in this kiss that makes me want to cry.

Caspian nudges my thighs open and settles in between both of them and deepens the kiss. He shifts slightly and is hard length hits my hot core.
He groans and the kiss turns more frantic.

Our tongues are mixed and moulded together, his body moves up and down so I can feel his clothes brush against my body.

I moan into the kiss and he growls before pulling his lips away and attacking my neck.

He leaves hot, wet, and open mouth kisses all around my neck, never breaking the rhythm of his body.

My center throbs and is desperate for a release. But i'm not sure we're at that level yet, and I don't think i'm ready.

"Cas." I breath out while he sucks behind my ear.

"You like that?" He asks hoarsely and sucks it harder.

I sigh in content and nod before pulling his face back to be and giving him one final kiss.

"I don't wanna go to far." I admit while pulling and hope my red cheeks aren't visible.

"We don't have to. Not until you're ready." He says and kisses the tip of my nose.
I smile at the feeling and lean up to kiss his own nose. He laughs and shakes his head before falling down into the bed right beside me and pulls the cover over the both of us.

He turns my body and hugs my back to his front. "I'm sorry." He says again and I sigh and shift to get more comfortable. "It's okay. I just don't want it to happen again." I admit.

I don't want to see him get mad like that again. Not when he took his anger out on me.

"I won't." He says and kisses the back of my head.

"Go to sleep Aura love."

I smile at the nickname.

I love when he calls me that.

£

AHHHH ARE YALL SCREAMING WITH ME????
OKAY BUT THANK YOU FOR 7k READS??
LOVE YOU ALL!!!👹❤️
(ps.. sorry ancientfork)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71 1 7
A young girl had been transported into a far more chaotic world than her own after her untimely death, how did she survive and meet her allies along...
66.7K 4.2K 70
(Completed) Two assassins were set to kill a girl. No questions asked. Just kill her and claim their prize. That was their mission. Except one of the...
146 29 15
What if dreams really could come true? What if fairy tales could come true? And you will become their main character? Once a girl named Aislinn had a...
78 4 19
Book 1 in 'The Royal Assassin' Trilogy | ORIGINAL WORK Adira is an assassin and her only goal in life is to protect her younger sister, Natasha, espe...