My Model ☆ Jaeyong & Markhyuc...

By SaniTheFriendlyBoy

"Only a man would be stupid enough to date you." // Photography AU where Jaehyun meets his ex Taeyong after b... More

before you start reading
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

25

1.1K 46 1
By SaniTheFriendlyBoy

-

Saying he was nervous would be an understatement. He was absolutely terrified, standing in front of the quite tall building that was supposed to be his new workplace. His hands were trembling and his heart could most likely jump from his chest if it beat a bit faster.

It’s happening,” he thought. “My dream is finally becoming true. I am finally becoming the person I wanted to be for years.”

So, letting out a huge breath, he finally stepped in, pushing open the glass door. He found himself in an elegant and minimalistic hall. There was a plant at every corner and there was also a place to sit with grey leather couches which all had fluffy pillows on them. In one corner, they had vending machines as well as a coffee machine.

Taeyong stared at everything in awe, stars in his eyes. He was mesmerized. He’s been in many buildings that looked exactly like this. So many auditions he went into and he always passed a hall like this. But, this one was different. In this one, he will work from now on.

Right in the centre, there was reception. A woman dressed in smart clothes and with glasses high on her nose sat behind a table. She was doing something on her computer, but as she heard the door open, her attention was on Taeyong and she smiled once he approached.

“You’re Lee Taeyong, right?” she asked and he nodded, politely returning the smile. The woman hummed and did something on her computer again, before a printer behind her started printing some documents. She stood up, took the papers and then she also came up to the drawers next to her table and took out a key card. She handed all the things to Taeyong.

“I printed you a map of the company and some more information you’ll need to know. This key card...” she spoke while really making sure he was listening to her, “...is really important. Don’t lose it. You will need it to get to the rest of the company from here and also to some meeting rooms. Got it? Any questions?”

“Uhm, the boss said I will meet him today-“

“You came early!”

Taeyong was cut off by a friendly voice coming from behind him. He saw the receptionist bow, before turning around to see a handsome man, dressed in an expensive looking suit and his hair styled perfectly. He looked like he was made from wax, with no imperfections and completely flawless. He flashed a smile towards Taeyong, just as the boy realized who he was.

Mister Qian!” Taeyong exclaimed in surprise and bowed as low as he could.

“You can call me director Qian,” the man spoke as he approached him. “I was afraid I won’t be able to meet you. Since we are just starting, there are many things to take care of, you understand. Thankfully, I was able to finish everything. Are you nervous? It’s your first day as an official member of our team!”

“Yes, I am a bit nervous, but I am mostly excited,” Taeyong said with a wide smile. Director Qian seemed kind and humane, he gave off good vibes and the boy already felt less anxious after only exchanging a few words with him. “I am ready to start as soon as possible.”

“That’s the spirit, my guy!” director Qian laughed and pulled one of his hands around Taeyong’s shoulders as he was leading him further into the hall. “Since you are a model, you won’t have to be here every day. Only when you are called. You and your photographers will most likely travel a lot, but you will also be here in the studios. I will show you everything now.”

They went through another entrance which opened only after they put their key cards against a censor which beeped approvingly and let them inside. They continued walking through a corridor which was intensely lit and the director kept pointing at the doors while saying what was on the other side.

“Most of them are offices that you don’t really need to go into,” he said and then pointed at a last door which was significantly larger than the rest. “That goes to the cafeteria. I bet everyone is there right now.”

He was probably right. As they passed it, since there was a glass window in the centre of the door, they could see and even hear a large group of people on their break, snacking on some food from the shop.

They didn’t stop there, though. They continued to the end of the corridor – to an elevator.

“The studios are all on the second floor and the rest of the offices and my office are on the third floor. You can find me there most of the time and if I am not there...my secretary Xiao Dejun will always be there and will tell you where I am,” he explained as the two entered the elevator and moved onto the second floor.

"Uhm, director Qian?" Taeyong asked nervously, getting the man's attention again after a short silence took over them.

"Do you have a question? Ask away."

"Well," Taeyong started. "It's not really a question, but...I wanted to thank you for hiring me...and for taking your time to show me around today."

"I'll be honest with you, Taeyong," director Qian let out a deep breath as he talked. The elevator stopped and the two walked out on a corridor almost identical to the one downstairs. "First off, I want you to know that I don't condone favouritism and that's not where I'll be going with what I'm about to say. I want you to know that from the dozens of candidates I had to choose from, you were the one that caught my eye right away."

Taeyong almost choked on his own spit in shock. "Uhm, thank you?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, that was a little unprofessional of me, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," director Qian apologized with a small smile. "I want all of my employees to feel equally important and treated with the same amount of respect. It was just something about your photos which really made me want to have you in my company. You're talented, Taeyong, and I'm sure you'll do great in the job."

"Oh, you didn't make me uncomfortable. Thank you so much for this opportunity."

The two exchanged knowing looks and continued going through the corridor. On this floor, each room had a large window, so Taeyong could see inside of all of them.

The studios were beautiful in the boy's eyes. They so expensive and professional looking and his mind couldn't process that he'd soon be photographed in them as a model under this company.

"So, these are the studios," director Qian said proudly, putting his hands out as if showing them off. "They haven't been used yet, but tomorrow, we're going to have a first photoshoot. You're invited, by the way."

"I'll be sure to come!"

"Very good-" Director Qian's phone rang and cut him off. He took it out after apologizing and sighed once he saw who was calling him. "I'm sorry, Taeyong, there's something I have to take care of. You can walk around a bit if you want and wait for me here, okay? I'll be back soon enough."

Taeyong nodded and watched as director Qian took the call and walked back to the elevator while talking. The boy sighed and looked around again. He decided to inspect the floor a little more.

It seemed to be completely empty, so he freely walked around, quietly humming himself a song, still in awe from everything that was happening.

At the end of the corridor, he decided to turn left at the corner and that is when he screeched in fright, getting another scream in return as he bumped into something. Or someone?

"Jung Jaehyun?!" he exclaimed once he realized. Right in front of him, stood his ex, looking as surprised as he was. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Jaehyun slowly recovered from the scare, a calm, but slightly cunning expression now overtaking his face.

"Well, Taeyong," he chuckled while speaking. "I work here."

Taeyong opened his mouth for a few times, always only small stutters leaving it as he couldn't believe what he just heard. "Y-You what?!"

"Yea, when they accepted you, Qian Kun also got interested in my skills. He was looking for photographers too you know." Jaehyun leaned against the wall while folding his arms, entertained at the face Taeyong was making.

"And I thought I could get rid of you, how stupid of me," Taeyong muttered, loud enough for the other to hear.

"Don't lie, shorty," Jaehyun spoke with new-found confidence. "Isn't it better to have someone you know in a new work place, huh?"

Taeyong rolled his eyes. "Something tells me you did this on purpose. What are you trying to do?"

"Nothing, I swear," Jaehyun spoke, frowning. "I took an opportunity given to me. Should I have rejected it because you're in the company as well?"

"Hm, I guess not," Taeyong whispered.

"Hey, by the way, are you going to the first photoshoot tomorrow?" Jaehyun asked, trying to shift the topic of the conversation.

"Yea, director Qian just invited me...why?"

Jaehyun smirked. "We'll go together then. I'll come get you at 3pm."

-

This story is going to have 33 chapters by the way :)

- Sani

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 5.3K 20
✎ jaeno ! ☏ - in which jaemin's just trying to live his life with a vicious bully who doesn't give up. started ↠ 20.13.04 ended ↠ 20.20.07
17.4K 644 16
I'll Try to have some faith in you Genre : Second chance? What happens when Ricky decides to change his "young and rich, tall and handsome" persona t...
259K 14.7K 28
Mark finds out his best friend is in love with him by "accidentally" reading his diary one night. But he doesn't know what to do about it, being the...
291K 13.2K 24
"I'm stupid for you Lee Jeno" ~~ In which jaemin is helplessly in love with his classmate Lee Jeno and gives him anonymous letters with confessions...