Pranking The Playboy ✓

By TypicalTimes

Joe Smith. A basic name but there was nothing basic about him. With his chiselled features, green eyes that c... More

Meet The Characters
Lesson 1 : Never Date A Playboy
Lesson 2: Changing Room Benches Are RealIy Bad Places To Hide Under
Lesson 3: Getting Caught Is Never A Good Thing
Lesson 4: Us Girls Are Meant To Stick Together No Matter What
Lesson 5: Never Play Truth Or Dare With Selena
Lesson 6: Never Underestimate The Power Of An Adrenaline Rush
Lesson 7: Always Take The Things You Need From Your Locker First
Lesson 8: Kidnapping Can Fix Broken Friendships
Lesson 9: Cookie Dough Is Brain Food
Lesson 10: A Walk In The Park Could Get You New Neighbours
Lesson 11: Handshakes Aren't Always For A Good Purpose
Lesson 12: Don't Accept Rides From Joe, No Matter How Late You'll Be
Lesson 13: Don't Follow Alice Into A Girls Bathroom Again
Lesson 14: Selena Is As Wise As A... Wise Old Man
Lesson 15: Hugo May Be Fat But He's Sure Is Smart
Lesson 16: Maria Can Really Influence People
Lesson 17: Going To Starbucks Can Cause Trouble
Lesson 18: Water Fights Can Lead To Unexpected Almost Kisses
Lesson 19: Being Late For School Could Score You A Date
Lesson 20: Never Bunk Off School With Your Best Friends Brother
Lesson 21: Don't Assume Things So Easily When It Comes To The Paige Siblings
Lesson 22: Babysitting Can Cause Arguments, And Heart Breaking
Lesson 23: Being Derek's Girlfriend Could Cause Drama
Lesson 24: Never Misjudge The Trouble A Dumb Blonde A.K.A Alice Can Cause
Lesson 25: Kissing Doesn't Automatically Mean You're In A Relationship
Lesson 26: You Should Be Careful About What Ice-Cream Shop You Go To
Lesson 27: Words Can Bring You Down
Lesson 28: Joe Is Candy
Lesson 29: Not All Deliveries Are Good
Lesson 31: Boys Can Help Discover New Things
Lesson 32: Compliments Can Make You Giddy
Lesson 33: Homecoming Can Be A Disaster
Lesson 34: Watching Movies With Your Crush Can Help You Get Over A Break-Up
Lesson 35: Never Regret Pranking The Playboy
Epilogue
SPIN OFF!!!
TypicalTimes' Other Works
The Character's Interviews
Cover Gallery
Episode Interactive
Bonus Chapter: You Can Have Your First Kiss Under The Mistletoe
Bonus Chapter: You Can Find Love Through Cookies
Best Pranking The Playboy Moments

Lesson 30: Going To A Hospital Could Help You Discover Your Feelings

12.7K 521 90
By TypicalTimes

Lesson 30: Going To A Hospital Could Help You Discover Your Feelings

(Amber's POV)

I closed the door for my room with a massive smile on my face. I kicked off my shoes and climbed on my bed, jumping up and down while squealing.

Yes, I was fangirling.

No, I didn't kiss Joe.

Sure, I didn't exactly know what Derek and I were, but we hadn't officially ended things and I didn't want to break up with my first boyfriend because one of us had cheated. I decided to call Selena and tell her about everything that had happened.

"Hello?" I heard Selena's mum's voice ask. I frowned.

"Hey, Mrs. Paige! Is Selena there?" I asked. I heard her sniff, as if she'd been crying. Strange.

"You don't know what happened?" She whispered and I shook my head, as if she could see me.

"Uh, no. Is something wrong?"

"Selena is in hospital," She cried, her voice breaking. I gasped. "There was something for her at the door, flowers and chocolate. They were lilies, and the chocolate had caramel in it, I didn't know this, and called it down for Selena, excited that someone did this for her. The next thing you know, I heard her screaming and coughing, then silence." She explained, occasionally pausing to blow her nose.

I nearly dropped my phone.

"-can't believe I didn't see! I'm such an ignorant, horrible mother!" I heard her saying.

"No, no you're not!! If you'd known, you would have did something!" I said, trying to comfort her but it wasn't really working because she started crying harder.

"Exactly!! If I'd payed attention to what kinda flowers and chocolate they were, my baby wouldn't be in hospital now!" She exclaimed.

"Um, what hospital is she in?" I anxiously asked, already gathering my stuff to go and see her. Her mum told me the hospital and address.

"Thank you, see you there." I said, and hung up. I ran downstairs to where my mum was.

"I'm going to visit Selena in the hospital," I started and she stood up with a worried face.

"What happened to her?" She asked, and I shook my head.

"Can you give me a ride? I'll explain in the car." I asked, and she sighed.

"Alright, call Chloe to come downstairs with her shoes. I can't leave her alone with Hugo." She replied, and I did just that.

When we were all ready we went outside, where I saw Joe standing outside. When he saw me he immediately smiled.

"Amber!" He exclaimed, coming towards me. His smile faltered when he saw my expression. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Selena's in hospital." I said.

"Why?!" He asked, and I explained everything to him. When I was done he let out a low whistle.

"Woah. Who do you think it is?"

"Obviously Maria." I scoffed, and he frowned.

"Why would she do this?"

"Remember the video?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Amber!! If you don't mind, can we leave to see your best friend who is currently in the hospital!" My mum suddenly called out. I glanced at her giving her a sheepish smile.

"Sorry, I forgot why we came here." I said, and she rolled her eyes. But it was true. When I was with Joe, it was like nothing else in the world existed, it as just him and me.

Cheesy, I know.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked, and I grinned.

"I would really like some company, so yeah." I said, and he grinned at me, then we made our way towards the car.

****

"We are here for Selena Paige." My mum stated to the receptionist.

"Are you family members?" She asked.

"Yes, I am her aunt, and these are her cousins. We'd like to see her immediately please." My mum lied smoothly, and my jaw nearly dropped.

Was this the woman who gave birth to me?

"Who are you and what have you done with my mother?" I joked when we were on our way to Selena's room. She laughed slightly.

"I was always good at lying." She shrugged.

"Yet I'm horrible." I said thoughtfully, and my mum nodded in agreement.

"You are."

"Hey!" I exclaimed, making Joe chuckle.

"We're here!" Chloe suddenly said, pointing at the door number.

"Well done!" My mum said, ruffling her hair and she giggled.

"Mrs. Paige! Mr. Paige!" I said, walking over to where Selena's parents were seated.

"Amber! Thank you for getting here so quickly!" Mrs. Paige said, standing up and hugging me. I waved at her dad who nodded at me, then went back to reading his newspaper.

"The doctor says Selena will be fine!" She announced, and I felt a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders.

"That's great! Can I go see her?"

"If you want! But she's talking to a boy, is it Shay, Shawn . . ." Selena's mum trailed off.

"Shane." Joe corrected, surprised. I forgot he was there. Also that he probably didn't know about Selena and his relationship. I pulled him along with me to Selena's room, opening the door slightly too look inside.

Selena was in a hospital gown, sat up in bed with her hair in a messy bun. She was smiling at someone. I looked closer and saw Shane sitting at the edge of her bed, holding her hand. He said something funny. She laughed.

It was the cutest thing I'd seen all week.

I opened the door wider, and it made that horrible screeching noise, making the couple's head look in our direction.

"Hey guys," I said casually, stepping inside the room with Joe. Shane's face turned a bit scared when he saw Joe.

"Hey man," He said nervously, standing up to give him one of those bro-hugs. Joe just stood there with a blank look on his face and his arms crossed.

I tried hard not to laugh.

"Let's have a conversation outside, Shane." Joe said, and Shane gulped. He gave Selena a reassuring smile before leaving the room.

I slowly turned to look at Selena with a creepy smile on my face to see she was blushing.

"I so ship it!!" I squealed, skipping over to her.

"You guys are so cute together!! Cheesiness overload!" I exclaimed, and she chuckled.

"Anyway, how are you?" I asked seriously, and she grinned.

"Doing pretty good, thanks. Thankfully I didn't eat that much chocolate, or inhale the flowers scent too much, so the doctor said I'd be able to go home tomorrow morning!" She said, and I smiled.

"That's amazing!! I'm so happy you get to go to homecoming!"

"Yeah, I was actually really worried I wouldn't be able to go, I mean I'd be looking forward to it for like, 2 years now, and if I wasn't able to go because of Maria . . ." She trailed off.

"You'd be in jail for murder."

"Exactly."

We both laughed loudly, grinning when we'd stopped.

"So, spill the beans about you and Joe!" She teased, and I blushed.

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to act innocent.

"So, what was that surprise?" She asked, and I told her everything. When I was done she looked at me with wide eyes and we both started squealing.

"What about Derek?" She asked.

"What about him?"

"Amber," She gave me a flat look. "You have to break up with him!"

"B-but he didn't do anything wrong!"

"The Facebook messages?"

"How do you know it was him?"

"Why are you defending him if you like Joe?!" Selena screamed, and I heard a fork drop to the floor outside.

"Whoops." Selena said sheepishly.

"Selena!"

"Sorry!"

"Guess I'll have to go out there and explain."

"Yup. Oh, and by the way, Derek is out there." She casually said, looking at her nails.

"What?!"

"I'm his sister, you can't expect him to ignore that I'm in hospital after fainting!" She pointed out, and I sighed.

"Here goes nothing." I said, and stepped outside.

"So dramatic." I heard Selena mutter from inside, and turned to glare at her. She looked away, whistling.

Today's Lesson: Going To A Hospital Could Help You Discover Your Feelings

*****

HEY GUYS!

Two updates in a week!! Aren't I generous? So...

CHAPTER 30!!

WOOOO! THIS BOOK IS NEARLY DONE!! *Sniffs* I-I can't believe it's nearly finished. My baby is growing up!! 

So, do you think Amber will break up with Derek?

Do you think she actually likes Joe?

Do you think he heard?

How will he react?

How will Derek react about them going to homecoming together?

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!!

So, vote and comment, and.. Yeah.

BYE!! :D

P.S Not really a random song today, but yeah! Oh, and sorry about any mistakes!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 35.2K 42
"You make me want to do things to you." He mumbles, his brown eyes never straying from mine. "What?" I whisper, nervous yet at the same time my hear...
454K 22.6K 38
Skylar Davies has always been a proud member of the "Invisibles", you know, those people at school whom everyone seems to NOT know about? But when s...
630 1 31
{ COMPLETED } My name is Isabella Smith. I am 16 years old and a junior in High school. I am not popular nor am I a nerd. I'm just normal. I have two...
68.4K 3.7K 28
{COMPLETED} SPIN-OFF OF 'Stalker Girl'. CAN BE READ AS A STAND ALONE TOO. ...