The Other Fairy

By xxMissGallifrey

Bloom was a changeling taken from her family but what if she wasn't the only fairy to be taken. Rosalind took... More

Prologue
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33

Ch. 30

1.2K 31 0
By xxMissGallifrey

I sat there and listened as my mother explained the finer details about combining fairy magic and how difficult it can be to maintain that connection.

"Mind fairies can feel the world around them and that extends to magic," my mother said. "Mind fairies once they have developed their ability can act as a bridge and connect multiple forms of magic." Bloom and I smirked at each other both of us thinking of the few instances of combining our powers. "This isn't something to be done on a whim. This form of fairy magic can be very volatile and dangerous. If you aren't ready you can damage your magic or someone else's. You can even hurt people around you."

I had long since stopped listening to my mother as I thought over the few times I combined my powers with another person. I had experienced everything my mother was talking about first hand. I didn't need to hear about it because I felt the strain. After the class ended everyone scrambled out of the room laughing and carefree. They had slipped back into the routine they had before Rosalind had taken over and it was strange to me but then again I didn't have the luxury to forget.

"Brielle," Stella said pulling my attention. "We are going to the library would you care to join us?" Stella asked as I nodded. I got up following Stella and the rest of the girls to the library. Bloom had gone straight to books on combining magic trying to see if there was more information than what my mother had told us. I knew there wasn't. It was more about feeling and control than anything else. I grabbed a book off the shelf about healing sitting there pouring over each page. Unfortunately, the book spoke only of healing physical wounds not magical ones.

"Find anything useful?" Terra asked as I shook my head.

"Not unless someone has a physical injury," I stated as Terra's smile fell. "I'm going to watch the specialist class." I said to avoid the pity showing in my friends eyes. I got up rushing away and straight to the specialist training area. I found my father first before I settled in sitting on a training mat watching as two first year specialists sparred with wooden sticks. They were both fast but sloppy with their technique. The first boy, who had bright red hair, would leave his left side open when he swung at his partner. The second boy, who had blue hair, was moments away from tripping over her own feet as he moved to block a hit or land a hit of his own.

Observing the specialists brought back memories I wish it hadn't. Memories of my childhood with Andreas.

"Alira, it's time!" Andreas yelled as my ten year old self ran down the stairs and out the back door. I found Andreas standing there with a wooden stick. He motioned for me to grab the second on off the grass. I grabbed the heavy stick before looking over at Andreas. My eyes widened as he ran at me with no warning barely blocking his swing. "Always be ready." I struggled to hold him back when he used his foot to trip me. My back crashed against the grass seconds before the wood stick hit my side. Pain flooded up my right side as I coughed. Andreas stood above me his eyes blazing as he glared down at me. "Get up."

"I can't," I said holding my ribs.

"Push through the pain. A fight doesn't stop because of an injury!" He yelled as tears swelled in my blue eyes. I couldn't focus on anything but the pain in my side as I got to my feet shakily. I had barely gotten up when he landed another blow to my injured side as I shrieked in pain falling to the grass again. This time I didn't get up, I couldn't.

I shook off my thoughts as my father came over to give the students critiques.

"Nice work," my father said to the red head who managed to knock the second boy to the ground. "Alex you leave your side open when you swing and Brad your foot work is sloppy."

"Yes sir," Brad said taking Alex's hand to get off the ground. Hearing my father giving advice to improve the fighting ability made me think back to every time Andreas knocked me down. He never gave an indication of how to improve I just had to, each fight, learning from my broken ribs or bruised face. My father glanced at me before he sat beside me.

"Are you alright, Brielle?" He asked as I looked over at him trying to give him a reassuring smile but I saw his worry grow.

"I'm fine, dad," I tried again but he didn't show any sign of believing me.

"Brielle," he said softer as I sighed looking over at the two boys who had resumed sparring.

"I came here to clear my head but it seems it only reminded me of how I was raised. Andreas started teaching me to fight at five and by ten we were using wooden sticks," I began before I laughed bitterly. "Each failure taught me how to improve but he never gave me a single clue. When I first started using a wooden stick for sparring he broke my ribs on my right side. I never left that side exposed again."

"That was how we were trained. When Rosalind was in charge we were expected to figure out our own mistakes to avoid injuries," my father said his eyes filled with the same haunted expression he got thinking about his time as a student.

"At least I didn't have to deal with broken limbs for long. By the time I was eleven my magic started showing and so Andreas began avoiding me preferring to get Beatrix ready for her time here at Alfea," I said getting to my feet. My father frowned at the way I brushed off the 6 years of harsh training like it was nothing.

He opened his mouth to say something when one of his students called to him, "Headmaster Silva, can you show me how to reverse this hold again?" I gave my father a small smile.

"I'm just going to go for a walk before I head to my second class," I told him as he nodded before rushing over to the student who requested his help. I took a deep breath before I walked away from the training area heading towards the stone circle. I purposefully kept the dark thoughts of my childhood away as I reached the vessel. My fingertips lightly touched it as I ignored the deep longing echoing up from my magical core. I made the decision to skip my mother's class and instead stood here beside the vessel letting peace wash over me. I let the calm nature shift my mood. I lay in the grass looking up at the sky not paying attention to the time I spent there and just enjoyed it.

"I wondered if I'd find you here," my mother's voice interrupted the quietness. I sat up looking over at her with a smile.

"It's peaceful here," I said as she stood beside me. I could see she had something to say as she sat down next to me.

"Your father told me about your training," my mother said softly. The small smile on my face slipped as my mother caught a glimpse passed the facade that still lingered despite my efforts to be more open with her.

"It's just a fact of my childhood that I shouldn't have shared," I said my voice cracking revealing how much that past bothered me. My mother took my hand tightly before leaning her head against my shoulder.

"We just worry Brie," my mother said as I smiled weakly. It warmed me they cared but again it wasn't something I was completely used to or comfortable with. I was getting there but I still had a long way to go with dismantling the shield I needed growing up.

"I know and I love you for it," I said my voice light as I stared at my mother. "You know everything I've gone through is the reason Rosalind couldn't fool me, no matter how hard she tried. From the moment I saw her I knew she wasn't looking out for me or anyone else. She wasn't my mother despite what Andreas tried to make me think and it was obvious on some level. Now, the first time I saw you I felt it. I didn't know what it was at the time but it was my magic recognizing who you were. My mother. I am so grateful every day that I have you here and I'm not alone." My mother's eyes glistened with tears as she pulled me close a smile on her face. "I love you mom and I don't think I can ever say it enough."

"I love you too Brie," she said kissing my forehead gently. "You are everything I wanted and then some." We both fell quiet after that and continued to sit on the grass together holding firmly to each other until it was time for dinner seeing as I skipped lunch. My mother and I walked together to the cafeteria and I stuck by her side most of the evening. It had been a hard day emotionally for me and so I wanted to be near her and my father. After dinner I had gone with my mother back to her suite. She had started in on some paperwork while I made myself comfortable on the couch with a book.

When it had gotten dark out I made the decision to ask my mother if I could stay the night. The only time I had really stayed at her suite was when I first got back with no magical ability.

"Mom, it's late and I don't want to leave," I said from my spot on the couch. My mother looked up from her paperwork with a smile.

"Of course you can love," my mother said as I grinned. "I hoped you might want to so I asked Terra to give me a few of your clothes so you'd have some outfits here if you decide randomly to spend the night."

"Really?" I asked barely containing my excitement that my mother wanted me to stay so much she had asked Terra for some clothing.

"Yes, my love," she said getting to her feet walking over to sit beside me on the couch. "I've wanted you to ask to stay since I first found out you were my child but I didn't want you to feel pressured to."

"How are you so understanding?" I asked my blue eyes staring at her kind brown eyes.

"I'm a Mind Fairy, comes with the territory," she laughed as I nodded. "Now let's get you to bed missy." I got up letting my mother lead me into the bedroom and straight to the dresser with my clothes in it. I grabbed out some pajamas going into the bathroom to change before I returned to the bedroom crawling onto the bed. My mother smiled at me from the doorway as I giggled at her attention.

"You just going to watch me?" I asked raising a brow before my mother chuckled.

"Your eyes sparkle just like your father's do when he wants something," my mother said before she grabbed out a long nightgown disappearing into the bathroom. She came back out moments later with her hair down as she slid into the empty spot beside me. I wasted no time rolling towards her curling up against her. She wrapped her arms around me running her fingers through my dark hair humming the lullaby as my eyes grew heavy. I rested my head on her chest letting the calmness to pull me into a dreamless sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 60 10
STORY DISCONTINUED (Only charcter that's mine is Sam) • • • ° • ~* "You're a fairy Sam." • • • • "I'...
36K 802 10
Cynthia's parent were apart of Rosalind's task force before they decide to quit and raise a family, they kept in touch with Farah and Saul. One day t...
180K 3.3K 61
「 riven x f!oc 」 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, faye silva starts her first year at alfea college training to be a specialist. she finds herself becoming close w...
282K 7.3K 34
Eira Dowling grew up around Alfea as the adoptive daughter of Farah Dowling, the headmistress of Alfea College. Growing up, she knew nothing about he...