call me yours ( harry j potte...

By wstrnflies

*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆ Y/n Sterling, related to Luna Lovegood, just as carefree, creative, and odd as Luna was. But is pa... More

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒
―𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐙𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
𝐆𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐗
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐟-𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
49
50
51
𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
―𝐄𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞
ᵂʰᵃᵗˢ ᴺᵉˣᵗ

48

7.6K 217 255
By wstrnflies

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Forty-Eight: Slughorn's Memories

Y/n was finally his, and Harry was hers. The two of them sat in the common room, with Y/n's head on Harry's lap, reading the Quibbler, Hermione sat on the floor in front of them with her head in the newspaper, and Ron sitting on the other couch trying to do homework. Everyone heard that Y/n and Harry were dating by that night. 

Fourth years would come up to Y/n and ask her if he was a good kisser. Harry didn't have time to mail Sirius about him and Y/n, knowing that Sirius would love to hear the new information. 

Harry didn't care about the gossip or anything. "I have magical creatures, in ten minutes," Said Y/n, looking up at him and moving the Quibbler. Harry mentally groaned, since they were in a comfortable position. "Romilda Vane asked me if you had a tattoo" 

"Yeah? What did you say?" 

"Well, Ginny said, you had an eagle, and I said a Niffler"

Harry grinned, pecking her on the lips. Ron groaned at the two looking away. "Ron, you and Lavender were snogging every two seconds...they are mild compared to you," Hermione hushed, looking down at the newspaper. 

Y/n chuckled sitting up, "Hopefully, Hagrid is okay...He wasn't there last time..." Said Y/n closing the Quibbler and putting it on the table. Harry moved the half-blood prince's book, closing it and putting it to the side. 

"I'll walk you," Harry said standing up, "I-I have to...I just want to walk..." Y/n grinned before putting her hand into Harry's. "We'll see you later-" Hermione and Ron hummed and nodded before the two of them walking out of the common room. 

Right away, people started to whisper when they saw Harry and Y/n. "You still need to talk to Slughorn don't you?" Said Y/n, Harry groaned realizing that he still hasn't talked to Slughorn, He was more focused on his new relationship with Y/n than Slughorn. "I'm guessing you have-" 

"No, I haven't...But Dumbledore still wants me to, I can tell he's getting more frustrated" Harry explained looking over at her, "But, Slughorn just doesn't seem to not wanna talk to me." 

"I wonder why?" Y/n wittingly said turning to him. 

Harry never was going easy on Slughorn, and would just bring up Tom riddle and Horcruxes. "I'm trying, but it's not quite easy, darling...to just go and say 'Hey, what do you know about Horcruxes..." Harry mentioned. 

Every time he would call Y/n, a 'pet' name, Her stomach would erupt. "Well...maybe try and talk to him, during his best mood..." Harry thought about it with a nod, as the two continued to walk down towards Hagrid's hut. 

The two were about to walk over, before Harry stopped Y/n in her path, "What's wrong?" She asked looking over at him. 

"Nothing, People would whisper, and I know you're not huge on PDA..."

Y/n pecked him on his lips, Harry placed his hands on her waist pulling her closer to him. Y/n grinned with a giggle backing away from him. "I'll see you later," Y/n kissed his cheek before walking away and skipping towards Hagrid's hut. 

She walked over, meeting up with Neville. "Hello Nev, how is everything?" Said Y/n. Neville looking up from his book of creatures with a small smile.

"Hey, Y/n...it's been good, you?" 

"Wonderfull, Is Hagrid here yet?" Neville shook his head looking around. There was a lot of students sitting around talking. 

Hagrid didn't show up yet causing Y/n to grow worried-looking up from her creature book. "I'll be back," She said to Neville standing up, Y/n walked over to Hagrid's hut and knocked on the door softly waiting for someone to answer. 

No one answered but there was a loud sob, "Hagrid...It's Y/n" She softly said, There was now sniffle's when the door opened, Y/n looked up at the man with red eyes, she furrowed her eyebrows looking up at him. "Everything okay?" 

"Argog...he's dead..." Hagrid sobbed letting Y/n into the hut. 

She rubbed his back, trying to comfort him. "Is that the spider...Ron is scared of?" Y/n asked, Hagrid nodded grabbing a tissue and blowing his nose. "I'm so sorry..." 

"It's okay, he's in a better place now-" Hagrid said.

Y/n hummed rubbing his back, "Are you going to have a funeral?" Hagrid nodded moving the tissue from away from him. "Would you like me to come? I know, I never knew Aragog...but...I bet he was wonderful..." 

Hagrid nodded once more, "It's going to be soon, I want to bury him..." Y/n nodded rubbing Hagrid's back. 

Y/n and Hagrid went out for the Magical Creature's class, The class went like normal. With Y/n paying the most attention other than Neville and successfully took care of the Creatures. 

After dinner, Hermione told Y/n and Harry that she had passed her Apparation test, but Ron failed his. He was of course pretty bumped about not passing. Now they were sitting in the common room and were talking about Slughorn. 

Y/n was cuddled up next to Harry with his arms holding her close. (In a protective manor) "So, Harry....you going to use the Felix Felicis or what?" Ron demanded.

"Yeah, I s'pose I'd better," said Harry, sitting up causing Y/n to get up. "I don't reckon I'll need all of it, not twelve hours' worth, it can't take all night...I'll just take a mouthful. Two or three hours should do it."

"I'll stick around, You already can't stay focused-" Y/n said placing her head on her boyfriend's shoulder.

"It's a great feeling when you take it," said Ron reminiscently. "Like you can't do anything wrong."

"What are you talking about?" said Hermione, laughing. "You've never taken any!"

"Yeah, but I thought I had, didn't I?" said Ron, as though explaining the obvious. "Same difference really..."

Y/n laughed a little placing her face in Harry's neck, after a yawn. "I'll go and get it," Harry said standing up causing Y/n to move away cuddling up with the air. She was tired from having about seven classes today. Harry kissed her forehead before walking away. 

The tiny vial of Felix Felicis glimmers in Harry's palm as Him, Y/n, Ron and Hermione huddle in the empty dormitory. They exchange glances, then Harry brings the vial to his lips. "Well? How do you feel?"

Harry stood up from his bed looking at the three of them, "Excellent. Really excellent." Said Harry with a huge smile on his face, Hermione, Y/n and Ron all exchanged looks before turning back to Harry. 

"Now remember. Slughorn usually eats early, takes a short walk and then returns to his office." Hermione said to him ready to follow Harry out the common room. 

"Right. I'm going down to Hagrid's." 

Y/n looked over at Harry, "No, Love, you have to go find Slughorn" Y/n said getting up as well walking over and looking at Harry along with Hermione and Ron who were both confused as well. 

"No. I've got a good feeling about going to Hagrid's. I feel like it's the place to be tonight, know what I mean?" he spoke with a smile looking at Y/n. 

"No." Hermione and Ron said in unison. 

"Maybe?" Y/n said after the both of them hanging onto the idea. 

Harry put his hand into Y/m's pulling her along with him. "Trust me. I know what I'm doing. Or at least Felix does." Harry nodded before walking towards the door. "Hi!" he said to two people talking into the common room. 

Y/n and Harry walked hand and hand while he had the biggest smile on his face, Y/n loved to see him happy but knew it shouldn't last for that long.

A boy with a prefect badge patrols the corridor. Bored, he ponders the progress of his faint moustache in a mirror. Harry and Y/n walk by, unseen. "Harry, we should just go and find Slughorn" 

"We will, I want to go and see Hagrid...M'Love..." Said Harry turning to her and kissing her temple. Her face heated up as the two of them.

Filch paces, standing guard while Mrs Norris sits calmly by. A mouse appears in the open helmet of a suit of armour, washes its face with its tiny paws, then spies Mrs Norris who kisses. The mouse makes a quick retreat and the faceplate comes clanging down. 

As Filch wheels, Harry and Y/n stroll past still hand in hand. Y/n moved her hand out of his and locked her pinky with his. 

Two Aurors, twin silhouettes, patrol the grounds. Harry and Y/n approach, about to intersect their paths when, at the last second, something on the ground catches Harry's eye. He kneels, letting go of Y/n's pinky causing her to turn to him, he considers a beetle on its back, legs churning helplessly. Harry extends his finger, letting the tiny bug gain purchase, then tips it upright.

Just as the Aurors' shadows quiver over him and vanish. Rising, Harry starts off in one direction, then stops, as if compelled by some inner voice and heads the opposite way holding onto Y/n pulling her along. 

Harry hums placidly and Y/n turned to look at him adoring him from the side, Up ahead, a figure, ripples beyond the steamy panes of the Greenhouse. It's Slughorn, hunched over a plant whose tendrils coil eerily, resisting his attentions. 

Y/n looked over grabbing Harry's hand and pulling him over to Slughorn. He stealthily removes a sprig, looks up and jumps. "Merlin's beard, Harry! and Y/n!" 

"Sorry, sir." Y/n softly apologized looking over at him. 

"I should've announced myself. Cleared my throat. Coughed. You probably feared I was Madam Sprout." Harry said looking at him. 

He held onto Y/n's hand, rubbing his thumb against the back of her hand. "Well, yes, actually-" Slughorn said paranoid. "Why would you think that?"

"Just the general behaviour, sir. The sneaking around. The jumping when you saw me. By the way, those Tentacula leaves -- they're quite valuable, aren't they?" 

"Ten galleons a leaf to the right buyer -- not that I'm familiar with such back-alley transactions. One hears rumours is all. My own interests are purely academic, of course." 

"Personally, these plants have always kind of freaked me out." 

Harry gives a little shiver of the shoulders, smiles. "Harry," Y/n said clearing her throat. 

"Yes, M'love," 

"Horcruxes-" Y/n whispered to him. Harry kissed her cheek and continued to walk ignoring why he was really looking for Slughorn.

Slughorn cocks his head, studies him oddly. "Exactly how did you get out of the castle, Harry? and Y/n?" 

"Through the front doors, sir. I'm off to Hagrid's, you see. He's a very dear friend and I felt like paying him a visit. So if you don't mind, I'll be going...and so will my lovely girlfriend" Y/n's face heated up before the two walked over to the door. 

"Harry!" 

"Sir?" 

Y/n tried not to let out a tiny, laugh. Biting her bottom lip a little. "It's nearly nightfall. Surely you realize I can't allow you to roam the grounds all by yourself." 

"Your right sir, we should get going," Y/n said with a small smile on her face about to walk away but Harry pulled her back towards him. 

"Well, then by all means come along, sir," Harry said, Y/n sighed not knowing where Harry was going with this. 

Harry appears over a rise, strolling happily along with Y/n by his side, "I love you, you know that" Harry said confidently turning to Y/n, She froze for a second before turning to him. 'It's just the Felix talking, you just started dating' Y/n thought to herself, so she just hummed before continuing walking next to her boyfriend. 

When Slughorn appears, huffing and puffing to keep up. "Y/n, Harry, I must insist you accompany me back to the castle immediately!" Slughorn commanded looking at them. Y/n knew she had to just go with what Harry was doing. 

"That would be counterproductive, sir," Harry mentioned turning back at him, before continuing to walk. 

"And what makes you say that?" 

Y/n turned to him, "Sorry, sir...Harry's not feeling well...-" Y/n said looking at Slughorn who furrowed his eyebrows continuing to follow them. Slughorn frowns impatiently then stops blinks.

"Merlins Beard" 

Up ahead, Hagrid sits disconsolately upon a stump. Nearby, Aragog's massive body lies legs up. "Is that an actual Acromantula?" 

"A dead one, I think, sir," Harry mentioned. 

"It differently is, dead...poor thing..." 

Y/n, Harry and Slughorn approach a sullen Hagrid."Y/n, 'Arry. 'Oracle." Hagrid announced looking over at them. 

"dear man. How did you ever manage to kill it?" Slughorn asked. 

Y/n looked at Slughorn shaking her head, "He didn't, it's one of his oldest friends" Said Y/n looking at him. Hagrid sniffled once more with a nod thanking Y/n. 

"I'm sorry, I...Didn't release...I'm so sorry" 

Slughorn falters helplessly. Hagrid waves his hand. "Ah, don' worry yerself. Yer not alone. Seriously misunderstood creatures...spiders. It's the eyes, I reckon. Unnerve people." Hagrid added, nodded agreeing with Hagrid's statement about spiders. 

"Not to mention the...." Harry said, Harry makes a little claw motion with his hand while making a clicking sound. 

Y/n looked over at him in adoration, Hagrid eyes Harry curiously. "Pinchers?" Y/n asked, Harry, nodded turning to her, The two teenagers looked at each other for a second before Y/n looked back at the spider. 

"I reckon that too... How'd yeh get outta the castle anyways?" 

"Through the front doors." Y/n and Harry both said, looking over at Hagrid who just nodded. 

"Hagrid. I wouldn't want to be indelicate, but Acromantula venom is uncommonly rare and, well, if you wouldn't mind my extracting a vial or two -- purely for academic pursuits..." 

Y/n turned back to Slughorn turning to, "Don' suppose it's doin' 'im any good, izzit?" Hagrid explained looking at him, 

"My thoughts exactly! Always carry a few spare ampoules for just such occasions. Old Potion Master's habit, you know..." 

Slughorn rummages about his pockets, extracts some small vials all empty save for one containing a hairy worm then scrambles up close to Aragog. Y/n, Harry and Hagrid watch. "Wish yeh coulda seen 'im in 'is prime. Magnificent 'e was. Jus' magnificent..." 

Hagrid blinks wildly, then takes out a handkerchief and snorts loudly into it. Slughorn looks up, studies Hagrid's sorry expression with empathy and steps away. "Why don't I say a few words? I trust he had family?" 

"Oh yeah." Harry said. 

"Farewell..." Slughorn frowns, not knowing the name of this creature in front of him. 

"Aragog." Hagrid mopped.

"Farewell, Aragog, king of arachnids. Though your body will decay, your spirit lingers on in the quiet, web-spun places of your Forest home. May your many-eyed Descendents ever flourish and your human friends find solace for the loss they have sustained." 

Y/n placed her head on Harry's shoulder, upset about the dead creature in front of her. Harry kissed her temple, "Tha' was... tha' was... beautiful." Hagrid said as he wipes his eyes, then rises. He walks to Aragog, studies him lovingly, then puts a shoulder to the big beast's body and sends him tumbling into the freshly dug grave adjacent with a sickening thunk.

After waiting, Everyone was back at Hagrid's hut. Slughorn and Hagrid were drinking firewhiskey, while Y/n and Harry sat in front of them, She was sitting on his lap with his hand wrapped around her waist. "And Odo the hero, they bore him back home...To the place he'd known as a lad, They laid him to rest with his hat Inside out and his wand snapped in two, which was sad..." 

As they finish, both men chuckle. Hagrid tops off everyone's mug with a bit more wine. Harry brings his mug to his lap then slyly pours it into the bucket at his feet. "I had 'im from an egg, yeh know. Tiny little thing he was when he hatched. No bigger'n a Pekinese." 

"Sweet. I once had a fish. Francis. Lovely little thing. One day I came downstairs and he'd vanished. Poof." Slughorn explained looking at Hagrid. 

Harry placed a kiss on Y/n's cheek, she placed her head on his shoulder. "Tha's odd." Hagrid said looking at him. 

"Isn't it? That's life, I suppose. One goes along and then... poof." 

"Poof." 

"Poof." They all nod soberly. Slughorn's eyes rise to the ceiling.

"That's never unicorn hair, Hagrid?" Slughorn asked, Hagrid looks up, reels a bit. Nods.

"But my dear chap, do you know how much that's worth?"

"No idea... no idea at all..."

Hagrid's great shaggy head hits the table. Instantly, he is SNORING, so DEEPLY his MUG shimmies across the table. Slughorn smiles, regards Harry, who merely stares back. Slughorn averts his eyes. Suddenly nervous. A WIND rises outside. Windowpanes rattle. 

"It was a student who gave me Francis. One spring afternoon I discovered a bowl upon my desk with a few inches of clear water. There was a flower petal floating upon the surface." Said Slughorn, "As I watched, the petal sank, but just before it touched the bottom... it transformed. Into a wee fish. It was beautiful magic, wondrous to behold. The petal had come from a lily." 

Hearing "lily," Harry looks up. Slughorn nods, Y/n turned to the two knowing that Harry was finally getting somewhere. "Your mother. The day I came downstairs, the day I found the bowl empty..was the day she..." Slughorn falters, pain etching his face. I know what you want. But I can't give it to you. It will ruin me..." 

Harry studies Slughorn a moment, thinking, "I'll be outside," Y/n whispered to Harry, standing up and walking out giving the two men privacy and knowing that Harry had this and didn't need her by his side. 

She walked outside to see the sun setting, There was a white hare that hopped over to her and sat in front of her. She sat down next to the hare and started to pet it. 

"Do you know why I survived? The night I got this." Said Harry, Slughorn looks up, sees Harry pointing to his scar.

"Because of her. Because she sacrificed herself. Because she refused to step aside. Because her love was more powerful than Voldemort." 

Slughorn cringed a little and shook his name, "Please don't say his --" 

"I'm not afraid of the name, Professor. And I'm not afraid of him. And you shouldn't be either. She didn't just die for me that night. She died that night for Y/n, She died for you too. She died for everyone who's ever woken in the middle of the night afraid a Death Eater waited on their doorstep." 

Slughorn gazes into the guttering candle before him. "Professor. I'm going to tell you something, something others have only guessed at. It's true. I am the Chosen One." Harry said looking at him, Slughorn looks up. Harry nods.

"Only I can kill him. But in order to do so, I need to know what Tom Riddle asked you that night in your office all those years ago. And I need to know what you told him." Slughorn's eyes well with tears, his hands tremble. "Be brave, Professor. Be brave like my mother. Otherwise, you disgrace her. Otherwise, she died for nothing. Otherwise, the bowl remains empty forever." 

The professor shakes his head, staring into the candle. Finally, slowly, he removes his wand. "Don't think too badly of me once you've seen it. You don't know what he was like... even then." 

Slughorn fishes out a tiny vial the one with the worm but his hand is shaking so violently, Harry has to take it. Slowly, Slughorn raises his wand, touches it to his temple and withdraws a Long, silver thread. Slughorn lowered it into the bottle where it coiled, then spread, swirling like gas. He corked the bottle with a trembling hand and then passed it across the table to Harry.

"Thank you very much, Professor."

"You're a good boy," said Professor Slughorn, tears trickling down his cheeks "And you've got her eyes...Just don't think too badly of me once you've seen it..." And he too put his head on his arms, gave a deep sigh, and fell asleep. 

Harry put the vile in his pocket standing up and walking out of Hagrid's hut. Y/n was bent down petting the white Hare, "Did you get it?" She asked looking over at him looking up from the hare, Harry got out of his head about how cute she was. 

"O-Oh yeah," Harry stumbled to take the vile out of his pocket. "See" 

"I see, my Harry is back" She grinned looking at him before pecking his cheek. 

"I feel it wearing off, for sure" 

Harry could feel the Felix Felicis wearing off as they crept back into the castle. The front door had remained unlocked them, but on the third floor, they met Peeves and only narrowly avoided detection by diving sideways through one of his shortcuts. 

Before they went in, Harry pecked Y/n to the lips, "Okay, okay...save it Harry" She grinned moving back and walking over to the portrait of the Fat Lady. 

"What sort of time do you call this?"

"I'm really sorry...We had to go out for something important..."

"Well, snogging your girlfriend doesn't seem that important to skip curfew, the password changed at midnight, so you'll both just have to sleep in the corridor, won't you?"

"You're joking!" said Harry. "Why did it have to change at midnight?"

"That's the way it is," said the Fat Lady. "If you're angry, go and take it up with the headmaster, he's the one who's tightened security."

"Fantastic," said Harry bitterly, looking around at the hard floor. "Really brilliant. Yeah, I would go and take it up with Dumbledore if he was here, because he's the one who wanted me to —"

"He is here," said a voice behind Harry. "Professor Dumbledore returned to the school an hour ago."

Nearly Headless Nick was gliding toward Harry and Y/n, his head wobbling as usual upon his ruff.

"I had it from the Bloody Baron, who saw him arrive," said Nick. "He appeared, according to the Baron, to be in good spirits, though a little tired, of course."

"Where is he?" said Harry, his heart leaping,"

"Oh, groaning and clanking up on the Astronomy Tower, it's a, favourite pastime of his..."

"Not the Bloody Baron — Dumbledore!"

"Oh — in his office," said Nick. "I believe, from what the Baron said, that he had business to attend to before turning in —"

"Yeah, he has," said Harry, excitement blazing in his chest at the prospect of telling Dumbledore he had secured the memory. He wheeled about and sprinted off again, ignoring the Fat Lady who was calling after him.

But he ran back to Peck his girlfriend on the lips, "wait in the common room for me, Yeah?" She nodded before he continued to sprint off. 

"Tapeworm-" 

The fat lady opened up, just so then Y/n could walk in. "How did it go?" Hermione asked looking at her once she walked in. "Did you find him, or did Harry just trail off?" 

"Let her speak Hermione" Ron hushed looking over at the girl. 

Y/n nodded looking at the two of them, "It went fine, we had a couple of delays but still got the vile, Harry went to go and talk to Dumbledore now" She said walking over and sitting on the couch. Pippa was sitting next to her singing a little tone, before jumping onto Y/n's lap purring. 

Dumbledore holds the vial in wonderment. The worm hangs in eerie suspension. "How is he? Horace?" Dumbledore asked looking at Harry,  He shrugs. Dumbledore nods then tips his hand. a long strand hangs suspended like glass. 

A pearl forms and as it hangs, Harry's eyes shift, notice a drawing on Dumbledore's desk, one of Tom Riddle's drawings seen at the orphanage, of the cave and the distinct outcropping. Then the pearl drops

The surface of the Pensieve, where Riddle quivers.  Dumbledore's troubled face bleeds through Riddle's. "Sir --"

Dumbledore holds up his withered hand, silencing him, turns away. Harry studies him, waiting, the hush palpable. "This is beyond anything I imagined. In my life, I have seen things that are unimaginably horrific. I know now... you will see worse." 

Dumbledore looks off, his eyes distant. Harry watches him intently, as do the headmasters in their frames above. Finally, tentatively, Harry speaks. "Do you mean to say he succeeded, sir? In making a Horcrux?" Harry asked. 

"Oh, he succeeded. And not just once. Think, Harry. He's just told us." 

"Seven. He made seven -- the most powerfully magical number. But... what are they exactly?" 

"They can be anything. The most commonplace of objects. A ring, for example. Or a book..." Dumbledore slides open a drawer, removes the ring and Tom Riddle's battered diary.

"Tom Riddle's diary --" 

Dumbledore nodded looking at the boy standing in front of him, "It's a Horcrux, yes. Four years ago, when you saved Ginny Weasley's life in the Chamber of Secrets, when you brought me this-" Dumbledore said holding up the diary, "I knew. This was a different kind of magic. Very dark. Very powerful. But until tonight, I had no idea just how powerful..." 

"And the ring...?" Harry asked. 

"Belonged to Voldemort's mother. It was difficult to find and..." Dumbledore raised his damaged hand. "...even more difficult to destroy." 

"But if you could find them all. If you did destroy each Horcrux...?" Harry questioned once more. 

"One destroys Voldemort." 

Harry begins to reach out for the ring "But how would you find them? They could be hidden anywhere, couldn't they..." Harry mentioned looking down at the ring. 

"True. But magic, especially Dark magic..." 

Just then, as the flash of Harry's fingers makes contact with the ring, images flash by in dizzying succession: Voldemort's face, twisted in pain. A derelict house, deep in a haunted clearing. An ancient cup, gleaming as something tumbles from an old woman's hand. A snake slithering through damp grass. 

Dumbledore slipping the ring onto his finger, recoiling as his skin decays. "...leaves traces." Harry's clenched hand spasms. The ring skitters across Dumbledore's desk and Harry brings a hand to his chest, a look of bewilderment on his face.

Dumbledore watches the ring spin down, then glances at Harry and slowly extends his own hand, lightly touching the centre of Harry's chest with the tips of ashen fingers, as if reading braille, as if he can somehow "see" into Harry's heart. Trepidation and recognition flicker over his face.

"It's where you've been going, isn't it, sir? When you leave the school." Harry's eyes drift once again to the postcard on the desk. Dumbledore withdraws his hand, nodding, still studying Harry oddly, his voice, when it comes, distant.

"Yes. And I think... perhaps... I may have found another. But this time I cannot hope to destroy it alone." Dumbledore said, Harry peers into Dumbledore's eyes. Dumbledore nods. "Once again, I shall ask too much of you."

Y/n laid on the couch with Pippa sitting on the table sleeping, Hermione and Ron went to bed since it was getting really later. The portrait opens and Harry walked into the common room. "y/n" He called, She put the Quibbler down peeking her head from the top of the couch, "Oh there you are" 

Harry walked overlaying between her legs, The two cuddled up entangled with each other. "How did it go...what did you find out?" She asked looking down at him. 

"Horcux's, that's how Voldemort came back...his soul is in each other..." Harry explained looking at her, "So I have to destroy them"

"He didn't tell you what they were?" Harry shook his head causing Y/n to look over at Him, "So how are you going to find them?"

Harry shrugged sitting up and moving her onto his lap, "Not sure," Harry said, "Dumbledore didn't quite tell me that yet-" 

"oh! Yeah! Nargles were spotted in Hogsmeade!" Y/n announced, with a smile on her face "And My uncle is going to publish my story about mooncalf's!"

"Congrats, Darling," Harry said looking at her,

She leaned in connecting their lips, Harry held onto her waist pulling her closer to him deepening the kiss. Her lips were warm and soft. They parted slightly, allowing his tongue to slip inside. 

After a few minutes, Y/n nuzzled her head into his chest, "Can we sleep down here? Hermione would most likely wake up in the morning before anyone finds us" Harry nodded, the two teenagers laid down on the couch cuddled up with each other. 

He held onto her protectively, She had her head in his shoulder. "Goodnight Har" She muttered looking up at him, He pecked her forehead. 

"GoodNight M'Love"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 1.1K 41
[proper grammar used in the actual fics] exactly what it says on the tin! i don't write for the next gen// i write mainly for golden trio's gen, mara...
2.1M 80.2K 150
"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes back." "Indeed. Which is why no one knows w...
2.4K 101 23
"Oh, come on, it's fine. It's just a kiss," Sirius ceased. "No, it is not! You just told me you are in love with somebody else," she argued, "and...a...
37.9K 950 20
"I hate you so much Potter!" Y/n shouted, pointing her wand threateningly at the smirking boy. "No you don't." the boy said, winking at her as he mov...