๐‘ท๐‘ณ๐‘จ๐’€โ€ข๐‘ฉ๐‘ถ๐’€ : ๐‘ซ๐’‚๐’๐’Š๐’†๏ฟฝ...

By renhatesthee

{๐‘จ๐‘ด๐‘ฉ๐‘พ} {๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐Ž๐๐„โœ”๏ธ} "Like someone once told me before.. Moments like these, when tears fill your e... More

ฦบ๊ซ€แฅ…๊ชฎ
๊ชฎ๊ช€๊ซ€
๊ชปแญ™๊ชฎ
๊ชป๊ซแฅ…๊ซ€๊ซ€
แ ป๊ชฎ๊ชŠแฅ…
แ ป๊ ธ๊ชœ๊ซ€
แฆ“๊ ธแฅŠ
แฆ“๊ซ€๊ชœ๊ซ€๊ช€
๊ซ€๊ ธแง๊ซ๊ชป
๊ช€๊ ธ๊ช€๊ซ€
๊ชป๊ซ€๊ช€
๊ซ€๊ชถ๊ซ€๊ชœ๊ซ€๊ช€
๊ชปแญ™๊ซ€๊ชถ๊ชœ๊ซ€
๊ชป๊ซ๊ ธแฅ…๊ชป๊ซ€๊ซ€๊ช€
แ ป๊ชฎ๊ชŠแฅ…๊ชป๊ซ€๊ซ€๊ช€
แ ป๊ ธแ ป๊ชป๊ซ€๊ซ€๊ช€
แฆ“๊ ธแฅŠ๊ชป๊ซ€๊ซ€๊ช€
แฆ“๊ซ€๊ชœ๊ซ€๊ช€๊ชป๊ซ€๊ซ€๊ช€
๊ซ€๊ ธแง๊ซ๊ชป๊ซ€๊ซ€๊ช€
๊ช€๊ ธ๊ช€๊ซ€๊ชป๊ซ€๊ซ€๊ช€
๊ชปแญ™๊ซ€๊ช€๊ชป๊ช—
๊ชปแญ™๊ซ€๊ช€๊ชป๊ช— ๊ชฎ๊ช€๊ซ€
๊ชปแญ™๊ซ€๊ช€๊ชป๊ช— ๊ชปแญ™๊ชฎ
๊ชปแญ™๊ซ€๊ช€๊ชป๊ช— ๊ชป๊ซแฅ…๊ซ€๊ซ€
๊ชปแญ™๊ซ€๊ช€๊ชป๊ช— แ ป๊ชฎ๊ชŠแฅ…
๊ชปแญ™๊ซ€๊ช€๊ชป๊ช— แ ป๊ ธ๊ชœ๊ซ€
๊ชปแญ™๊ซ€๊ช€๊ชป๊ช— แฆ“๊ซ€๊ชœ๊ซ€๊ช€
๊ชปแญ™๊ซ€๊ช€๊ชป๊ช— ๊ซ€๊ ธแง๊ซ๊ชป
๊ชปแญ™๊ซ€๊ช€๊ชป๊ช— ๊ช€๊ ธ๊ช€๊ซ€
๊ชป๊ซ๊ ธแฅ…๊ชป๊ช—
๊ชป๊ซ๊ ธแฅ…๊ชป๊ช— ๊ชฎ๊ช€๊ซ€
๊ชป๊ซ๊ ธแฅ…๊ชป๊ช— ๊ชปแญ™๊ชฎ
๊ชป๊ซ๊ ธแฅ…๊ชป๊ช— ๊ชป๊ซแฅ…๊ซ€๊ซ€
๊ชป๊ซ๊ ธแฅ…๊ชป๊ช— แ ป๊ชฎ๊ชŠแฅ…
๊ชป๊ซ๊ ธแฅ…๊ชป๊ช— แ ป๊ ธ๊ชœ๊ซ€
แฅด๊ชฎ๊ช‘๊ ธ๊ช€แง แฆ“๊ชฎ๊ชฎ๊ช€

๊ชปแญ™๊ซ€๊ช€๊ชป๊ช— แฆ“๊ ธแฅŠ

47 1 1
By renhatesthee

Chapter twenty six: Lost in Thoughts of The Past

♥ ▸⚬☉⚬◂ ♥

April 18, 2020

"Damn girl, you're having wilder nights than I alone."

"I wouldn't call it wild nights, Thetic," Jessica tells her honestly.

"Yeah, if you think almost getting killed by your boyfriend's mother is so exciting try losing your virginity the night before."

"Oh, shit bitch! Are you writing a story about this? You would make mad bank."

"Again, this isn't amazing news," I announced to her once again.

"No, right! But think about it, Renesmee. You could get into college with your life story."

"You know I stopped writing."

"You never exactly told us why," Jessica adds, "It's gonna be hard for you to get in, I mean your grades are passing but not as wonderful."

"What Jessica said! It's not like any of us are in honors."

"Uh, speak for yourself," Jessica says.

"I don't know what my future is looking like and we only have a month till junior year is over."

Jessica jumps in, "Then let's make the most of it. We promise here and now that we'll make the most of these days in school and summer the most of it, put your hands in ladies!"

We stood up along with Jessica at the lunch table, sticking our hands in the middle, and gathered together, "Promise!" We all said, even though that wasn't enough for Thetic.

"We should do something more for us ladies."

"Like what?" I asked.

"A chant."

Jessica and I looked over at each other laughing at Thetic's silly jesters, "Alright, what did you have in mind?," Jessica went on ahead to encourage our dearest friend.

"One, Two, Three Love yourself dumb bitches!"

"Uh, okay but why do we have to be dumb bitches," I laughed.

"Because we all have done something dumb."

Thetic had a point.

"I mean what have I done that was remotely dumb?" Jessica just had to ask and as she did I knew this one was gonna take a while so I took a seat.

"Don't start Jessica, you're not always miss goodie. Don't you remember freshman year you kissed a random boy at a party so your ex-girlfriend would stay away from you?"

"What would you do if your first love kept coming back and forth to you getting back together over and over again? I mean just thinking about it was so tiring."

"Well that boy also liked you that whole year so kudos to him," Thetic said sarcastically.

The two went on to bicker when Daniel swept in, sitting next to me and placing his arm around my neck, "Hello."

"Hi, did you just get here?"

"I mean who gets to school extra early to have breakfast?"

Thetic cuts in sitting back down along with Jessica, "We do."

"What she said. We come early so we can catch up with things that happened over the weekend."

"Why not just text?" He asked.

"We do but since you met my grandmother she thinks it's better if I don't have my phone or laptop for the remainder of the days she will be staying with us."

In holt of the conversation, Thetic held her finger up in objection, "Wait a minute. He met your grandma...how did that go?" Thetic asked with a huffed laugh at the end.

Daniel and I stole a look at each other as we both thought about that night, April sixteenth was the day Daniel Choi met my grandmother and it was the day she despised him; the way she stared at him once she got a good look at him. At that point, she warned me to stay away from him. Now that's a real problem, good thing my parents are easygoing, first my brother and now my grandma when will this end?

She held onto her heart as I walked him outside to say my farewells, "Thanks for prom and staying with me all day, but I'm sorry for the food," I nervously said looking down at the concrete, placing the strands of my hair behind my ear as I smile weakly, "you never got to taste it."

"I'm looking forward to next time."

My head shot up, finding a small smile across his face making me smile back, having looked back into the distant past of our night together. Sharing our passionate kisses and touches got my heart racing all over again then a fright struck in like lighten literally having my body go numb and Daniel noticed the small change of my facial expressions. Daniel snuck in on me hugging me unannounced and I didn't even notice it until he got his arms around me, holding me tight. He felt so warm the numbness went away as I hugged him back.

My grandma started flicking the lights on and off the porch warning us to hurry things along. We noticed and Daniel pulled away from the hug to bend down a little, grabbing my face and touching our foreheads together. We closed our eyes and smiled like some lovebirds, he kissed my forehead before walking off and Kylo was sitting in the black car with his bright lights as Daniel ran across the street, getting in that car and driving away.
My grandma wasn't too far away from the scene, she yanked me in the house so quickly I believe that's when the night lights went on outside, "Ow!"

"Aye! Wanna go whining about something then I'll give you something to whine about now," she said, still hanging onto my arm while she looked around outside the window.

I pouted my face while rolling my eyes, "What was that face?"

"Face. What face? I didn't make a face."

"You bet not be lying to me!" She raised her voice tugging on my arm.

"Oww, grandma I'm not," I whined again.

"Alright now," she says, letting go of my arm, "Did that boy leave?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Don't yes ma'am me!" She shook back at me.

"Then what should I call you?"

"It's yes, grandma. Got me out here feeling old and whatnot," she says, walking towards the kitchen.

I swear confusion slapped me across the face and here came the walking on the eggshells for the next couple of days, "Oh yeah, Renesmee honey."

"Yes, ma- I mean grandma."

She hummed damn well announcing she heard my little slip-up, "That boy, stay clear of him. If you were smart you would stay away from him but if you're anything like me when I was younger then you have a rough journey on your shoulders."

My grandma's response left me unresponsive but strongly worried about what if...

Here and now it was me and him walking through the school hallways hand in hand as my friends backed us up, finally we were together and yet there's unfinished busy we all hold in deeply. So, the question is what's next to ruin the rest of our junior year to come?
Luckily the bell rang just in time for me not to answer it. Grandma was a wise woman, she basically grew up in Korea and worked her way to the USA. My great grandparents passed away together and my grandma says it's a miracle because only soulmates die together. As for my father's grandparents, they are separated but we all still do have a good relationship going on among us.

"Ow! I just remembered," I shouted to the others, "My family is having a get-together, are you guys down to come?"

"Are you sure about inviting us? You did say it's a family get-together," Jessica justifies.

"Yes, but you guys are family to me. Even you," I replied, squeezing Daniel's hand.

He smiled sweetly before glancing over releasing my hand and having the sweet smile fall to the floor. I looked in the direction he was staring at but nothing, I didn't see a thing or a person, "Is everything ok," I asked in a whisper, so the others won't hear.

He hummed, "So is this today after school?"

"Sure is."

"Perfect, I can come over after school and you can help me get dressed," Thetic says, jumping into the conversation.

"Actually I have to go grocery shopping with my grandma after school but once I get a hold of my phone I'll text you when to come over."

"Fine with me. Hmm, now what am I gonna wear?"

As Thetic thought about the right outfit. I wasn't sure what Jessica's answer was so I just had to ask, "How about you, Jessica? Can you make it?"

"Probably later tonight. I have a meeting with the softball team, we'll be having a small team party for the senior farewells but afterward, I'll definitely catch up with you guys."

Thetic and Jessica left for their first class period and Daniel walked me to mine, "About after school Ren..."

"..you can't make it?" I asked, making it to my first-period door that stood wide open.

We stood in front of that, "No, it-its nothing! I'll see you later then," he said, running off.

And as Daniel did my eyes looked over to see Eric Black watching it all. Apart from me felt incredibly bad about how we left things, I did consider him as a friend but even parts of me know boys and girls can't be friends when feelings get in the way. Something he would need to understand.

☺︎ First period bell rings • beginning of class ☺︎

I quietly went to my seat as the teacher announced to his students that class is about to start. Taking my seat was the easy part but the person behind me would make it hard to stay focused. In the corner of my eye, I saw Eric approach the girl behind me, "Switch sits with me, beautiful?"

Hearing everything clearly he didn't try hiding it from me, "Hmm, What do I get out of it?"

I heard the sight come from Eric but a pleasing one I bet lifted a smirk upon his lips, "Here's my number and something extra," he says, passing it over to her on top of the desk, "buy yourself something nice but think of me when you wear it," Eric adds.

"Sure thing," she replies, leaving her seat with her stuff.

Eric took his seat behind me immediately yanking on my hair, "What the hell Eric!" I strongly whispered to him.

I looked around the room and everyone was in their own world as well as the teacher with his back towards the students as he wrote on the board, "Are you guys a thing now?"

He means Daniel and I.

"Is that all you needed to know? Couldn't you just ask me nicely without pulling on my hair!" I angrily whispered to him, trying to lift my head back up but he pulled it even stronger, "Oow!"

Eric got closer, leaning over to my ear just to whisper the words, "He's not the man for you."

Easing away he continued to say, "When you think about it, are you sure the two of you are a thing? Anyone can say 'I love you' 'I love you too' blah blah blah. I am curious about the way he is showing that he cares for you and the fact you two are boyfriend and girlfriend."

I huffed a laughed, "Jealous kills," I said, rolling my eyes.

"You really sure think before you do, love. Because I'm the one that still has a hold on you and your little boy toy."

"The hell happened to being friends, huh!"

"We were never friends, Ren. At least I never thought of you as one. You're trying to change the subject but Ill help remind you."

"Did the words: Be my girlfriend ever come out of Daniel's mouth? You never know, you could be just like the other girls he slept with."

The words and all the talking hit the back of my head, forcing the memories of me and Daniel to strike my eyesight. Seeing everything was enough to piss me off, the night of me giving myself to Daniel made me shed a tear and force my head to swing back into Eric's face allowing him to release me from his grip.

He grunted holding his face in his hands as I swing my body around, "Go fuck yourself."

Shaking my head I turned around and put my head down as the teacher announced, "Let's finally start class," he said, rubbing his hands together, getting the chalk off.

I cried during that class period and no one bothered me. I laid there thinking of all the things Eric Black has said.

And a part of me knew he was right.

After class, all the students rushed out as well as I. Running up behind me was Eric with a blood tissue in his nose, "Wait up, Renesmee."

"Don't do that!" I angrily said, turning around to face him hoping he'll stop following me, "Don't call me like we're all buddy-buddy...not after what you did in there."

"Answer me!" I frowned, disgusted by his response that he had no problem spitting out for me to hear, "Did he tell you about his secret?"

I shook my head while storming off, "I guess that bloody nose wasn't enough to shut you up, now was it."

I knew very well Eric went on to follow me and as he did he still tried his very best to provoke me, "The secret about his family. You must know, your safety is what I care about."

"Is it now? You have a funny way of showing it when you bailed on me at the fair. Tell me," I say, turning around in front of my locker, facing him as the whole student body went searching for their friends or the next class they'll be in, "Did you even search for me? Did you wonder if I was dead or alive?"

"QUIT IT!" He shouted, grabbing onto my arms tightly, "This isn't about me. It's abou-"

"No, that's where you're wrong. It's always been about you and your obsession with Daniel and I!," shrugging his hands off me I continued, "I don't know what your history is with him but you need to stop this before it gets out of hand and if I have to do that now I will. Now stay away from us."

A few steps forward and he still wasn't getting the picture, "Renesmee, you must listen. The secret lies with Daniel's parents."

"Eric, enough! We're not friends anymore. I don't think of you as a friend anymore, not after today."

I left him standing there as I ran over to my friends gathering like always but it also included one more person, Daniel. I couldn't get over my excitement when seeing him. I just waved afar from him and smiled real big, seeing him wave back and act cool with his little smirk as he held onto his handbag with the few books he brought to school.
    He held his hand out waiting for me to grab attach to it, closing into the distance his warmth left me with complete comfort as I grabbed ahold of his hand.

Though, walking down the hallways with the ones I cared for I had an urge to look over my shoulder. When I did he was still standing there, at my locker, staring at me leaving and I can't lie. A part of me feels guilty, especially the way things had to come.

There came a burning pit in my stomach, looking forward in the right direction and away from distractions, Eric Black's spoken words hit hard, "Your eyes...they're red," he noticed reaching over and rubbing my face, "Why is that?"

"Oh, it's nothing," holding onto his hand to let go of my face.

Releasing from our grip I added, "It must be from how much I missed you," we laughed.

Thetic and Jessica went on to complain about their first period, "That's not it," Daniel said, "What aren't you telling me? I can see it in your face."

I had to not look at him, it would be like forcing myself to cry, "We can talk  about it when you come over."

"If that's better for you, then I'll wait."

It made me happy but why was it so hard to get to this point? Why do I always question things when I already know the answer to them.    The struggles of becoming lovers were well-spoken words.

Then there was Eric Black again, Daniel Choi's family holds secrets even I must be deaf tone to. The secret lies with Daniel's parents. Did he mean what Daniel told me at the hospital? If so, it looks like it doesn't even matter but glancing up at Daniel I had so many questions for him, but I'll save that for another day.   

☺︎  ☺︎  ☺︎  ☺︎

After school my grandma forced me to take the buses all the way to the grocery store, "Is this really necessary, grandma? I mean the bus stop is far away from the grocery store and the walk there will surely be brutal for som.." she stared me dead in the eye waiting for me to finish my sentence.

"Go on now. Finish what you were saying so I can finish what I have in mind later on."

"No, no I'm content with myself," I said, looking over to the bus aisle.

My grandma lay back with her purse in her hands and stared at the window, "I used to always ride the bus back in Korea. It took me three buses to get home and to work. Things were difficult for my family and I, dear before I decided to move back to the USA."

"Why did your father move the family to Korea?"

"He says it was an advantageous time for our family to learn something different and to study a new language since he was teaching young students like myself when I was in school. Funny fact he was my teacher at a high prestigious school which gave me free education. Even though that hardship came when going to school there and living there, it never lasted forever."

What have you endured, grandmother? What stories have you experienced in those hardships and what memories do you remember, the good and bad?

"What memories do you have from riding the buses? I bet there were a lot of fine handsome young Asian men, is that one of the ways you found grandpa?"

"Unfortunately no, I meant your grandfather in college and not on the bus, but he's the only one out of all the boys that knew how I felt beside one."

"I guess there weren't a lot of black people in Korea back then, huh."

"Mhm, just the fact that your grandfather knew what I was going through made me inspired to stay confident when living there."

"And this other guy?"

"What other guy?"

"You mentioned there was someone beside grandpa that made you feel the same way before you met him."

"Ahh, I allowed that to slip out," she says, placing her hand over her mouth, "Well I'll tell you that another day when it's necessary."

I quickly accepted defeat, rolling my eyes back to the dusty old aisle. Twenty minutes later, my grandma and I were off the bus, in the store, and out under that time, and god the amount of grocery bags she had us carrying.

I hope she's feeling it just as much as I am.

Laughing devious in my mind I noticed Kylo walking past us and in no time I just had to say hi, "Kylo!" I shouted, stopping in my steps.

For some reason I shouldn't have been surprised when my grandmother suddenly pinched me in my arm, making me screech in pain, "Oooow!" I whined back to her, completely down with this whole situation.

"Don't go around shouting in public like you don't have any home training."

"I was just saying hi."

"Don't talk back to me!"

"There's no winning," I whispered to myself with an unpleasant expression, looking down.

A pair of fancy shoes walked up to me and for a fact it wasn't; Daniel but glancing up it was Kylo himself presenting himself handsome as ever. When it comes to mind Kylo and I never got a chance to get along, the things that were going on before, "You heard me?"

"Of course, I did. I know that voice anywhere."

I smiled nicely without my teeth, "Oh, Kylo this is my grandmother."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Kylo Hangul."

"You can call me.."

"...chasina," says another voice finishing my grandmother's words.

All of our heads shifted to the side of the man in his fancy suit that stopped in his footsteps with his phone halfway up to his face, "Mr. Choi...you know my grandmother's name?"

"Grandmother?" He questioned, not taking his eyes off of her as she stood there in complete shock, "you're.. you're a grandmother," he said in a whisper like he was only talking to her alone.

The chilling energy has changed in our surroundings as the world continues to turn and bend over for more torture to ruin us, his dark eyes and chasina were unreadable from the moment he walked up, "Grandma, do you know Daniel's grandfather?"

Her eyes fell from his to mine in disbelief that those particular sentences came out of my mouth, "This is your Chasina Cohen?" Kylo asked him.

Yours! What the fuck does that mean?

"Kylo, take Mrs. Lockheart and her grandmother home."

"Sir, what about- "

"Don't worry about that, I'll be staying here at the office a little while longer."

Kylo nodded his head and went on to escort us to the backseat of the car. The whole time my grandma's mind drifted away like her mind was lost in her thoughts of the past.

To be continued...

© Ren Sherman Nonfiction

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fascinate By Anon

Teen Fiction

254K 9.6K 27
Fascinate /หˆfasษ™หŒnฤt/ (v. ) draw irresistibly the attention and interest of (someone) That's when I saw him. The second we made eye contact. And I...
44.7K 1.5K 14
แƒฆ๐“‘๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ž๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ข๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐”€ ๐““๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐”‚ ๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“—๐“ฎ ๐“ž๐”€๐“ท๐“ผแƒฆ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โTen minutes?โž He scoff and pull his pants with his boxe...
5K 132 19
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–+| I was said to be ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐๐š๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ž๐, ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก๐ฒ, ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž... ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž. I had heard it so much...
257K 4.4K 39
Alexa the most loving person who works at a restaurant when meets Harry the grumpy one who is hottest person and billionaire in the elevator Which go...