Tyche | Technoblade x Reader

By Chloe3256

Rumors of a revolt have been spreading like wildfire across the mansion. The Greshams were not poor in terms... More

Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
A note
Chapter 31

Chapter 13

8K 427 175
By Chloe3256

The tension in the fortress was undeniable, so thick that it wrapped around everyone's throats. One wrong move and it would only grow tighter.

Everyone knew the source of this tension but no one would dare appear in front of or question him, especially in a time like this. News of Tyche's appearance spread like wildfire in the Nether. It drew in pitiful stares and gifts of sorrow. Technoblade didn't want any of it.

Technoblade didn't need their pity or meaningless gifts, he needed Tyche. He needed her to be back home where she was safe.

Three days ago Tommy came back empty-handed. Phil didn't have a clue where the little girl was and Tommy didn't see anything suspicious while in the overworld. There was no information about where she was taken.

He was sure his daughter was taken. Technoblade had taught her enough about the Nether that it wouldn't make sense for her to be lost for so long unless someone was behind it. Every guard and warrior was on the hunt, patrolling the Nether nonstop in hopes of any clues. Many of Technoblade's old friends have visited, saying they'd look out for Tyche in the overworld. Heck, even his older brother who disappeared years ago visited just for Tyche.

Even with all of this help, Technoblade was still left with nothing. He was tired of it. So, so tired. Every day the voices got louder, every day it got harder to sleep. She was out there somewhere. It would be cruel of him to sleep in his warm, soft bed while Tyche could be out there cold and locked up because of him.

Yes, it was because of him that this happened. His title and his name are what brought this on. Some mindless, power-hungry being was laughing somewhere, a grin plastered on their face. The Blood God didn't have many weaknesses so to have one of them was extremely valuable. It didn't matter what it was, whether it was an inanimate object or a young, vulnerable girl, some people would give anything to defeat him.

Technoblade was heartbroken, absolutely defeated by the disappearance of Tyche but he couldn't show it. The Blood God had a reputation to uphold. He needed to be strong and make shivers travel up people's spines. This wasn't only to instill fear into others but also to keep himself from breaking down. Now was not the time. He had to turn his fear and sadness into anger and rage.

Find her.

Find her.

The voices chanted nonstop in his head. Sometimes it would be about Tyche but other times it would be about the kidnappers. The voices were brutal, offering no mercy to the perpetrators. They would cry and moan, leaving no time for Technoblade to think. It reminded him of when the voices first appeared. At the time he was unable to stop his bloodlust, unable to resist what they told him to do. After so many years he was able to gain control over them. He was finally able to resist them when he needed to. Now, it was getting increasingly more difficult to ignore the voices. He wanted just as much revenge as they did. The people who caused this needed to pay.

"Techno."

The voice caused Technoblade to avert his gaze from the map in front of him to the man who just entered. The hybrid tried not to let his surprise show. Usually, he was alert enough to know when his door opened or if anyone was in his presence. His senses were getting sloppy, clouded by his own thoughts. It was dangerous.

"What do you want?"

"I heard you're planning to go to the overworld."

Technoblade's eyes were piercing. "What about it? Are you here to stop me, Dream?"

The man tilted his head as he sighed, his dirty blonde hair falling over his white mask. "You know I have no ill will but you making an appearance in the overworld like this could cause a war."

Technoblade scoffed, shaking his head at the green hooded man. "My appearance would start a war? I've lived in the overworld for years. I'm only going there to find Tyche and bring her home."

"You and I both know you're going there for more than that," Dream was quick to argue. Technoblade could feel his blood start to boil. He knew Dream was right but he didn't want to sit here and do nothing.

"Then tell me," Technoblade grumbled, "What do you suggest I do?"

There was a moment of silence until Dream responded, "We need to wait."

Technoblade's anger spiked at his suggestion, causing him to yell, "I've waited enough Dream!"

The green man flinched slightly. Even in his bloodlust state, Technoblade has never looked so angry, so upset.

"Now," Technoblade's voice lowered to a growl, "It's time for them to pay."

Dream released the breath he was holding but his shoulders remained stiff. "48 hours," Dream said, "Just wait 48 more hours."

Technoblade bit his tongue, a metallic taste forming in his mouth. He wanted to yell, he wanted to scream at and fight Dream but he knew it would be futile. Dream was one of his close friends, a person he trusted with his life.

"48 hours," Technoblade repeated back, "After that, no one can stop me."

•••

By the time Tyche stopped crying, the ghast had floated away. You held Tyche close until she pulled away, eyes swollen and face pink. Her ears drooped, flattening against her head. Your hand still rested on the top of her head, rustling her hair lightly.

The urge to ask if she was okay started to appear but you knew it was useless. Clearly, she wasn't.

"We have to go," You spoke softly, eyes examining Tyche's face.

Tyche nodded, raising slowly onto her shaky legs. You stood beside her, taking a few seconds for the pins and needles in your legs and feet to disappear.

"Okay, ready?"

Another nod.

You carefully stepped out of the crevice, eyes scanning for any abnormalities in the red surroundings. When you deemed it safe, you motioned the little girl out. Tyche picked up from where she was going before, trusting you to trail behind her.

It was just your luck that the two of you were stopped almost immediately.

"Stop!"

You stepped forward, grabbing Tyche to place her behind you but it was futile. A sudden grip on your arm forced a hiss from your lips. The person had long nails that dug into your arm, piercing the bruise that was already formed from before. It was all a blur as you were yanked back, stumbling over your feet and crashing onto the solid ground. Your head throbbed painfully, the blurriness of your vision causing you to squeeze your eyes shut and groan.

The voices seemed jumbled but the shouts from Tyche were clear. Her yells pushed you to get up but your head spun too much to focus. You felt like throwing up, your stomach twisting unnaturally.

You wanted to give up so badly, conform to the darkness that spotted your eyesight. You wanted to sleep, give your body and mind a break from the physical and mental onslaught the past few days have been/ But every thought to give up was countered with the thought of Tyche. You had to stay strong for her just as she was for you.

•••

"Stop!"

Tyche froze, immediately recognizing the piglin speak. She hadn't heard it for so long (besides her attempts to teach you) that it made her heart soar at the sound. She was so happy, so elated at the belief that it was all over. All of the running and crying... all of it was over.

A whoosh of air and loud thump is what shook her out of her thoughts. The overwhelming relief suddenly turned into panic, Tyche's body flipping around to catch the sight of a pigman guard looming over you. Your face was twisted in pain, your body slowly curling into itself on the ground. The sight made Tyche scream, her focus changing to the guard above you.

"Stop!" Tyche cried out, "You're hurting them!"

Another pigman guard appeared from behind Tyche, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. The little girl immediately shook it off, feet rushing to your form. Tyche was stopped before she got to you, the same gentle but strong grip holding her back.

"The Blood God said show no mercy," The guard standing over you spoke, hard cold eyes glaring down at your writhing form.

Tyche kept struggling against the guard's hold, the pigman's statement forming a pit in her stomach.

"No!" She screamed, "They saved me! Don't hurt them!"

The plea made the pigman freeze, his hand halting on the hilt of his gold sword.

"Please, I'm begging you!" The little girl cried. She thought she'd finally be out of tears from the scene that occurred moments ago but, lo and behold, there were more. The sight of Tyche's evaporating tears made the guards deflate, their once threatening and harmful demeanors shrinking into ones of guilt and sadness.

Tyche took that opportunity to break from the guard's hold, falling onto her knees next to you. You were still awake, clutching your head with weak, shaky hands.

"Tyche?" You mumbled, feeling the little girl's presence next to you.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

Tyche let out a broken laugh. Were you really concerned about her when you were lying on the ground with what could be a concussion?

"Yeah, I'm okay," She responded, placing her hand in yours to stop you from prodding at your head. You hummed, a smile growing on your face as you gripped her hand tighter.

As you struggled to keep your eyes open, Tyche's chest twisted painfully. You did so much for her, you didn't deserve to be put in this position because of her. A sense of guilt flooded her, wrapping around her throat and constricting her.

"Thank you, (Y/n)," Tyche whispered softly, "But now, let me help you."

•••

So... I combined chapter 13 and 14 for a longer chapter instead of two shorter ones. I also rewrote what was originally chapter 14 because I didn't like how it turned out. I think this works a lot better than what I planned before.

Also, I kind of wanted people to see the similarities between Tyche and Techno :)

Is it confusing to have another POV (kind of) but it still be in second person? I just wanted to show both what the reader was thinking/feeling and what Tyche was thinking/feeling but didn't want to have to use pronouns excessively. And I like to fixate more on one character at a time so it isn't just switching between characters constantly (especially when writing about feelings).

If it is too confusing then I might switch to writing those parts in third person.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day/night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 937 38
Techno is trapped. He's always been trapped. Ever since his father sold him to the sector house at age 10 he was never the same. Techno's a piglin hy...
53.2K 1.8K 36
(Y/n) had always lived a very nomadic life style, when on his adventures he runs into a blonde boy. His instincts drive him to care for the boy, havi...
68.1K 3K 37
SEQUEL TO FREE WINGS Dream smp and Hermitcraft fan fiction Tommy was kidnapped once again by Dream, but this time the whole continent was against the...
15.4K 531 41
Grian spotted something floating above his base. As he flys closer to it he realizes it's a portal! Accidentally getting to close he gets sucked in! ...