Agent Seven

By HarrietSwan98

Agent Seven was an experiment. An experiment which changed everything within SHIELD. Project America was set... More

Chapter 1: Agent Seven Rogers
Chapter 2: A Kid
Chapter 3: Kid's Got Skills
Chapter 4: Caught
Chapter 5: Loki
Chapter 6: Just Don't
Chapter 7: Party At The Tower
Chapter 8: Sleep Deprived
Chapter 9: Oh No!
Chapter 10: Then Who Am I?
Chapter 11: Adjusting
Chapter 13: School Freak
Chapter 14: Park
Chapter 15: Trouble
Chapter 16: Argh what?
Chapter 17: Dad
Chapter 18: Pigtails
Chapter 19: We're Not Friends!
Chapter 20: Don't touch me!
Chapter 21: Let's Do This

Chapter 12:Pretty Little Thing

2.2K 65 23
By HarrietSwan98

"Steve can I ask you question without you getting mad?" I asked as we sat on the couches watching an old war movie.

Steve hummed. "What?" He asked as he looked at me.

"Oi promise you won't get mad," I told him.

He sighed, "I promise."

I sat up straight. "So last night was Kyle's party and everyone was drinking and I was just wondering... Why can't I get drunk?" I asked.

Steve's head nearly snapped as he looked back at me. "You were drinking!" He raised his voice.

I crossed my arms. "And you just broke your promise about getting mad," I gumbled. "This is why I have trust issues."

"What did you drink?" He asked.

"Everything," I admitted. "And that's the problem, I drank loads and I didn't even get tipsy. WHY?"

Steve sighed as he pinched the ridge of his nose. "Oh Sky," He grumbled. "It's the serum, you can't get drunk."

I suddenly felt a little sad. "Oh so because I'm a mini super soldier I can't get drunk?" I asked. "Great something that will make me weird."

"It doesn't make you weird," He tried to reassure me. "Why were you drinking?"

I lay on the sofa. "It's what teenagers do Steve, we break into our parents cupboards steal some alcohol and we sit in someone's garden then we drink!" I explained. "But I may as well drink water!"

"Did all you friends go to school hungover?" He asked.

I pulled a face. "I love how your only concern are my classmates coming to school with bad heads when your concern should be me fitting into this mundane life!" I ranted.

Steve sighed. "I am always concerned about you," He said quietly. "At least I haven't got to worry about finding you drunk in a ditch."

Yes thank you Steve but how am I ever gonna go out partying but never get slightly tipsy... Thanks Captain America!

-

-

-

After a terrible day at school Peter, Ned and I went to Peter's to work on our math homework which making my brain melt but Peter had all the patience in the world with me. Aunt May also brought us some brownies from the bakery round the corner and they were the best things in the world, the sugar fix was very well needed as he battled long division and equations.

When I was walking back from Peter's apartment my mind wondered to my current life and really when I think about it since becoming a full time 'normal' child I was shocked at how much fun I actually had as a teenager, I mean I stayed up late playing video games and not on a mission or training, I went to highschool parties and I went on field trips... It was nice well apart from not being able to get drunk but I am slowly getting over it.

As I walked through the park I smiled at the sun setting in between the buildings, the street lights were starting to light up the streets and the temperature dropped a little. I tied up my long hair into a loose ponytail, I pulled out my phone typing a text to Steve-

(TEXT) TO STEVE
Just walking through the park.
What's for dinner? I'm starving!

Steve and I had more civil conversations I mean we still had a few little spats but nothing like the silent treatment I gave him before. We actually sat at the table for meal times together and we would talk about our mundane day, Steve also showed great interest in my school work and my drawings which I liked, I did have to explain a few of my classes but he actually listened to what I had to say to him.

I tucked my phone into my inner denim jacket pocket, as I continued to walk I gave out my spare change to the homeless in the park; I had gotten to know most of them as I walked through the park almost everyday to and from school.

Thomas was the eldest homeless man in the park, he usually stays out in the park until midnight, Lily is an older women who knits and sells kids jumpers to people who have little money or she hands them out to homeless kids, David is hilarious he sings silly made up songs as he looks through the trash or will sing to random strangers as they walk past and then there's-

I stopped as I looked at the park bench where Shane usually sits. I frowned as I looked around trying to search for him, as I got closer to the bench I noticed some coins were left on the ground... It was strange. Shane hardly ever leaves this bench at night. I crouch down on the ground and looked at a few small droplets on the floor. Blood!

As tied my shoelaces I listened carefully to my surroundings... Rustling came from my left, quiet laughter and someone begging for help. I stood up and walked through the trees following the sounds, I peered around the trees and saw three men kicking and beating Shane as he tried to stand up-

"Get up tough guy!" One guy laughed.

"Thought you had to be tough to live on the streets!" Another guy taunted then waved a few dollars in front of Shanes face. "Come on, come get it!"

*PING*

My text alert went off.

Shit.

GOD DAMN IT STEVE!

The three men turned to look in my direction. One guy; Who looked like the leader walked over to where I was hiding, he pushed the bushes out the way then grinned down at me.

"Well aren't you a pretty little thing," He said in a pervy way.

I threw my bag off my shoulder. "Big mistake!" I stated.

Without another word I high kicked the man in the face knocking him backwards. I punched his stomach, kicked his knees then I kicked his face bringing him down on his knees groaning in pain.

"You little shit!" The other guy said.

The two men ran at me. I ran and slid between the two of them, I kicked the one in the back of the knees knocking him down but as I stood up the other guy hit me in the face which only made me twice as angry, I threw punches at him, rapidly hitting him in the face, I dodged and kicked until the guys face was covered with blood.

Suddenly I was grabbed by the ponytail and pulled backwards, I kicked my foot up and knocked the guy in front if me out. I elbowed the guy behind me in the ribs, I threw my hands up and scratched his eyed making him yell and let me go, when he had his back to me I jumped on his shoulders forcing him to the ground knocking him out as he hit the deck.

I took in a few deep breaths trying to calm down then I looked at Shane who sat wide eyed and covered in blood. I rushed over to him and helped him up.

"Seven?" Shane asked. "My God, how did you do that?"

I shook my head. "Don't worry about that, are you alright?" I asked as I helped him up. "Why did they beat you up?"

Shane sighed. "That's what happens when you're on the streets kid," He admitted. "People don't care who you are, they'll take what little you have or beat you until you give it to them."

I went over to the knocked out goons and began going through their wallets taking their cash. "Take it!" I said giving the money to Shane. "You deserve it!"

Shane shook his head. "That would make me a thief," He told me. "I'd be just like them if I took their money. Put the money back."

"But you deserve it!" I told him in confusion. "Please you need it!"

"You probably just saved my life Seven," He stated. "This is my second chance at getting my life together. I'm going to try and get a job, a place to live and real food to eat."

I frowned. "But-"

Shane hugged me. "Thank you," He said quietly.

As he pulled away I looked at the money in my hands then I slowly dropped it on the floor by the men; Shane saw me saving him as a second chance at his life, he didn't want the men's money... He just saw it as a sign to get his life together?

Together Shane and I walked out the park; Shane told me he was going to find the nearest homeless shelter and begin his journey of getting his life together. I rushed through the streets trying to get back to the apartment as the sun had now gone down and it was getting late. I was certain Steve was probably having a panic attack by now; I looked up at our apartment and saw all our lights were on, I burst through the down stairs doors and bolted up the stairs missing two steps at a time as I climbed higher and higher.

I pulled my apartment keys out then gently opened the door-

"Sky, I've text you three times!" Steve said from the kitchen.

I placed my bag down by the door as I sighed quietly. "I know," I said sadly. "I'm sorry, I was just helping a friend out."

Slowly I walked into the kitchen. Steve had his back to me as he served up the chicken he had cooked, I looked at the small mirror that was on the kitchen side and I gasped at my reflection making Steve turned round... His jaw dropped at the sight of my busted lip, split eyebrow, my bruising cheek and eye.

"What the hell happened?" Steve asked in shock. "Sky I thought you were at Peter's?"

I nodded. "I was, I was!" I defended. "But I had to help-"

Steve grabbed me by the waist and lifted me onto the kitchen side sitting me down, He then placed a bag of frozen peas on my face as he rummaged through the cupboards and pulled out the first aid box, he began to clean my lips and eyebrow with an antiseptic wipe.

"What happened?" Steve asked. "And don't lie!"

"I was walking through the park and a homeless guy was getting beat up," I explained. "I knew the guy, well I sort of well- I give him my change after school."

Steve pulled away. "What?" He asked.

I nodded. "They were hurting him Steve. I had to fight them off," I told him. "I had to help him, he looks a lot worse than I do, three against one and-"

"Three men?" He asked and I nodded. "You fought three men in the park?"

I nodded again. "I wanted to give the homeless man their money but he wouldn't take it," I explained. "He said he was just happy at a second chance of life."

Steve gently held the peas against my face, the coldness made me flinch. I looked up at Steve who looked down at me and sighed... It was like he was trying to find the words.

"What am I going to do with you?" Steve asked quietly. "I'm going to need eyes at the back of my head. Look at you!"

I couldn't help but smile a little. "I'm sorry I was late coming home," I said sadly. "I really was on my way home when I text you."

"I'm just glad you're alright," He stated. "I know you're trained in taking care of yourself but you're my daughter, I want to be there for you and be your Father. I just panicked when I saw you just, I'm happy you helped somebody."

I put my hand on top of Steve's pulling the frozen bag away from my face. "Can we have dinner now?" I asked.

"Is the hero hungry?" He asked with a smile.

"I was starving earlier, now I'm ready to eat Mister Michaels in apartment thirty!" I stated.

Steve laughed as he put the bag of peas away. I slid off the kitchen side and set up the small table that was in the kitchen, I placed the forks and knives down and filled up glasses of water. Steve placed the plates on the table and we both sat down talking about our day; Steve had been decorating his gym, setting up more punch bags and weights, he had also been out with Sam Wilson for the afternoon getting a few donations for the gym and to spread the word about it opening up. Steve asked how my day at school was, I showed him the drawings I did in art class and he really liked them, I told him about how I was struggling with some of my chemistry and biology work so Peter was helping me out-

"So you go to Peter's to do school work or to hang out?" Steve asked as he washed up in the sink.

I dried a plate. "Both really," I admitted. "I really enjoy hanging out with him and Ned."

"I'm glad you have friends your own age," Steve told me.

"And not SHIELD agents?" I asked. "Coulson sent me to school for normality, I just feel closer to Peter because he kinda understands my life and Ned doesn't just want to be my friend because of all the things I can do."

"It's good to have someone to relate to," Steve told me. "So what shall we do tonight or do you have zombies to kill on your game?"

I hummed. "Can we watch back to the future?" I asked. "I saw that it wasn't marked off on your list."

Steve looked at me. "You looked at my list?" He asked.

I shrugged. "You shouldn't leave it lying around," I told him.

"You need to stop snooping around," He stated and playfully pushed me. "Go and set it up."

I ran out the kitchen and threw myself over the sofa, I slid onto the floor so I was in front of the TV. I opened the small cupboard in the TV stand and searched the DVD's until I found the first back to the future movie. I turned the TV on and started up the DVD player, in was buzzing with excitement as I put the DVD in the player, I picked up the TV remotes and sat on the couch. Steve entered the living room and looked at me funny.

"Go and get changed, I can work the DVD player," He told me.

I pulled a face. "You sure it's not too advanced?" I asked.

"Go and get changed before I press play without you," He told me and tapped me with his foot.

Laughing lightly I climbed off the couch and went into my bedroom; I changed into a baggy oversized jumper and a pair of shorts, I changed my socks putting on some white ankle socks. I walked back into the living room and Steve pulled a face-

"If those white socks end up on the floor you're moving in with the old lady down stairs," Steve threatened.

"The old lady down stairs is younger than you you!" I laughed quietly to myself as I sat on the couch.

Steve smiled as he pressed play letting the movie start. As soon as the movie started playing Steve was asking questions which I didn't mind, this was one of my favourite movies, I had watched it dozens of times and plus I don't think Steve had ever watched a movie like this one so I was happy to answer his questions. Throughout the movie I kept looking at Steve and he seemed to be really enjoying the movie, he even laughed a couple of times which was great.

"So what do you think?" I asked as the credits played.

Steve looked at me. "That was actually pretty good," He told me. "Did you say there were more?"

I nodded. "Yeah there's two more!" I told him. "Can we watch them this weekend?"

Steve smiled. "Of course!" He told me then glanced at the clock. "Come on, it's late. If you're going to kill zombies tonight please do it quietly."

"Nah I think I'll just go to bed," I told him as I turned the TV off. "Actually get a full night's sleep."

"Alright, goodnight Sky," He said.

"Goodnight Steve," I said then I walked into my bed room shutting the door gently behind me.

I sat in my window with it open slightly feeling the breeze on my skin. The lamp next to my bed dimly lighting my room, I relaxed against my window as I took in the distant sounds of cars and music... Normality wasn't so I bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 815 40
She was the gem of SHIELD, the one that everyone knew of, but no one had seen or met, except Nick Fury. She was talked about by everyone, all hoping...
73.2K 1.6K 48
Veronica Angela Booth one of the best Agents of SHIELD. She is the daughter of Gordan Booth and Caroline Booth. Both were Working as agents and fell...
5.6K 214 30
When called to be a part of the Avengers Initiative, Bruce Banner was wary of everyone. Natasha Romanoff was sent to bring him in, but he couldn't wa...
271K 5K 19
Before Captain America/Steve Rogers went into the ice on April of 1945, Peggy and him met up in his hotel room and later accidentally slept with each...