Showing Them The Light (IPKKN...

By Anniewrites5

Advay Singh Raizada, elder twin of Arnav Singh Raizada, is coming back to India. To correct every wrong. To p... More

Introduction
Introduction-II (OPTIONAL)
1. Advay Singh Raizada
2. Homecoming
3. Understanding The Misunderstanding
4. Realising The Mistake
5. Correcting The Wrong
6. Apologies and Stopping Her
7. A Trap
8. Understanding Love
9. Unveiling The Bitter Truth
10. Aftermath
11. Gathering Scattered Emotions
12. Betraying The Betrayer
13. Is this the end?
14. Wooing Her
15. Nurturing Relationships
Author's Note
16. In Pursuit of a chance
17. Not giving up
18. Getting used to her anger
19. Chances & Confusions
20. Spending time
21. Bringing her back
23. Waiting
24. 'A New Start...!'

22. Normalising Life

2.9K 246 66
By Anniewrites5

Khushi stood in front of the main door of Raizada mansion, not being able to ring the doorbell. Going with the flow, she agreed with Arnav to come back. But now, her courage is crumbling.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Out of nowhere, she felt a hand clasp hers. She opened her eyes and looked at the interlocked fingers, then at the one who was holding her hand. Arnav. 

“Khushi…” He started softly.

“I am here… Right?” She nodded, letting out a breath. 

He held her hand tightly and rang the doorbell.

“Arnav bhaiya!” HP exclaimed happily, opening the door. 

Khushi gave him a warm smile and Arnav gave a stern nod.

Arnav ordered him to bring their luggage and dragged Khushi in as her feet got stick there only. She was nervous.

“KHUSHI!!” Payal squealed seeing her sister coming and rushed to her.

Arnav left Khushi's hand and took a step back seeing Payal rushing to her.

“Jiji!” Khushi too called her happily and both the sisters hugged each other. 

“How are you? Are you fine?” Payal asked breaking the hug, making Khushi laugh.

“Jiji…. We talked yesterday night!” Khushi reminded making Payal laugh at herself.

“Khushi…” Anjali whispered happily seeing both the sisters with each other.

“Di..!” Khushi called her happily and walked towards her.

“Khushi… Did Chote troubled you?” Anjali asked breaking the hug.

“Di!” Arnav whined and Khushi laughed.

“He won't dare to Di. He is scared from you and me and jiji.” The three of the ladies laughed as he groaned. 

By now everyone was down except Advay and they have a heartfelt reunion. Elder Raizada's were finally at peace that Khushi has forgiven them and is back with Arnav. 

“Di… Where is Chandni?” Khushi asked Anjali. 

“She will be arriving here soon with her family…” Anjali answered and winked. 

“With her family? Why?” Advay asked coming out of nowhere. Anjali bit her tongue.

“Wo… Cheeku…” Anjali started turning towards him. Everyone looked at the siblings with amusement.

“Amm… Wait! There is nothing to hide..” Her demeanour changed from getting caught to she did nothing wrong.

“I have decided to fix your marriage alliance with Chandni and everyone with me agrees.” She informed him confidently.

Where elder Raizada's nodded with a smile, younger people either gasped or squealed. Advay's ears turned bright red.

“Okay…” He spoke, and patting Khushi's head he left for office. 

“Di… Was he blushing?” Arnav asked Anjali as they both gazed at his retreating figure. 

“I too am not able to believe chote…”
________________________________

“Jiji…” Khushi called Payal as she entered kitchen. 

Payal was in kitchen, helping in making lunch.

“Ha Khushi…?” 

“Jiji… Amm… How is everyone at home…?” Khushi asked playing with plates and spoons. 

“Everyone is sorry and missing you. They so want to meet you but they know you aren't ready to meet them. Not yet…” Payal answered understanding what she was trying to ask.

“I don't know how to….” She mumbled not looking at Payal.

“Khushi….” Payal called her softly and holding her shoulders, Payal turned Khushi to face herself.

“You just have to go there Khushi. Then everything will happen on its own and you just go with the flow….” Payal tried to make her understand.

“But… Jiji…. It doesn't look good… Elders asking for forgiveness doesn't look good….” Khushi told her problem.

“If one has done mistake, then it's their duty to apologise and correct it.” 

“But it will become awkward….” Khushi voiced out her main worry. 

“So, don't make it awkward na… Simple…” Khushi looked at Payal confused.

“Khushi…. Just be yourself. Your old self knows how to handle things. Don't worry…” Khushi nodded. 

Payal smiled at her younger sister and went back to work. 

Feeling relieved and light, Khushi came out and started to go upstairs in the guest room where she is staying. 

‘Jiji is right. What's wrong with you Khushi? Hey Devi Maiya! Poori duniya ke saath saath hum bhi pagal ho jayenge…’ She spoke in her mind.

Leaving all her worries on her Devi Maiya, she moved towards her room, humming. Suddenly she was pulled in a room and a hand was clasped on her mouth stopping her from shouting. Her eyes went wide and she let out muffled sounds.

“Amm… Ammm!” 

“Khush! It's me Arnav!” Arnav spoke removing his hand from her mouth. 

He has pinned her to the door of his room. He was standing too close that it would have made her blush but his actions bubbled up the anger in her. She pushed him, keeping her both hands on his chest. He staggered back.

“Are you an idiot or what? I would have died out of heart attack out there! Huh!” 

Instead of replying anything, he started to come close to her. She glared at him but he didn't stop. She pushed herself back in the door as much as she could. He came extremely close to her and his breath fell on her face. She tried to maintain the eye contact confidently but she was a mess from inside. He caressed her cheek with the back of his hand and she looked at other side. His actions were making her all mushy mushy.

“Arnav ji…” She whispered.

“Khushi… Don't you trust me enough to tell me you are planning to go back to Gupta house?” He asked her in a whisper.

She took in a long breath. Do she? From the time she have given him chance, it's only him who is giving his hundred percent to go on in the relationship. But-

Her thought process stopped in middle as she felt his lips on her cheek. She closed her eyes relishing the feel. No one other than him can do this. No one.

‘Morals? Beliefs? Roots? What are you talking about? HOMEWRECKER does not have any moral, belief or character!!’ 

His words came back to her like a flying arrow pointed to her and stabbed her heart. Here, in this room only, he said all those words. She instantly opened her eyes.

“I have just given you a chance. Neither I have forgiven you, nor I trust you.” She spoke in a soft tone. Then turning her head towards him, she looked in his eyes.

“I haven't forgotten everything yet Arnav ji.” She completed. 

He looked at her with his eyes full of guilt. Right. He was wrong. Really wrong. But then his expressions changed to hurt. Isn't he trying his level best?

“What are we then?” He asked in a calm voice but his face reflected sadness.

“Just friends…” She replied.

“No Khushi. We are not friends even. Friends do trust each other.” He whispered, tucking her hair strand behind her ear. 

He then took a step back, making her look at him properly.

“For now, we are two people, who love eachother but aren't able to come back together because past happenings are too much to be forgotten. I understand that Khushi….” 

Khushi felt guilty looking at his sad demeanour. 

“Arna-” 

“You can go Khushi. I ain't stopping you.” He spoke not letting her complete. 

Then she realised he was standing away from her, in a safe distance.

Gosh! This guy will make her go crazy. She even forgets about her surroundings when he is in front of her. Her heartbeats shoot up whenever he is near her. 

She took a deep breath and left. She couldn't help herself but say all those things to him. 

‘Stop it Khushi! Stop thinking about him and prepare to meet your Amma and bua ji!’ She scolded herself in her mind and stopped herself from thinking about this any further.
_______________________________

“Khushi..!” Garima squealed as soon as she saw Khushi standing on the door.

“Amma…” Khushi whispered teary eyed. 

Garima hugged her daughter tightly and didn't leave her for few minutes. She missed her daughter badly and guilt over it increased her misery. 

“Let her come in Garima!!” They heard bua ji shout and they broke the hug.

“Chal….” Garima whispered and Khushi nodded. Holding Khushi's hand, Garima brought her inside. 

“Sankadevi….” Bua ji whispered and she too was teary eyed.

“Bua ji…” Khushi whispered and ran to her bua ji.

Bua ji hugged Khushi and then they broke the hug.

“Humka maaf kardiyo khusi… Hum… Hum bahuut kuch bol gye uss din… Humar galti hai… Hum-” Bua ji started to apologise but Khushi stopped her shaking her head continuosly.

“Nhi… Bua ji… Jo hua use bhool jate hain… Bade maafi mangte ache nhi lagte… Aap toh hume daantti, sankadevi bulati hi achi lagti ho…” Bua ji nodded and again hugged Khushi caressing her hairs. 

Khushi sniffled.

“Khushi…” Garima called her.

Khushi came out of the hug looked at Garima.

“Amma…” This time Khushi's voice quivered and she finally cried hugging her mother. 

All the tears she controlled from the time she confronted Arnav, flowed out now. She was in her mother's embrace and nothing can match the warmth of mother's embrace. 

“Amma… Hum bahut akele ho gye the…  Sab hume galat samjh rahe the… Hum… Hum toh ro bhi nhi paa rahe the…” She complained and became a little girl in front of her mother. 

Garima nodded. Her tears flowing freely seeing her daughter explain what she was going through. Garima caressed her head. 

After crying her heart out, Khushi broke the hug.

“Khushi… Maaf karde… I… I am the worst mother… I know… ” Garima fumbled with her words. Tears flowing freely from her eyes.

Khushi shook her head and held Garima's hands before she could join them.

“Amma… Nhi! Galti sabse hoti hai… Aapko apni galti ka pata hai na… Bas! Humare liye kaafi hai….” 

After a heartfelt reunion, Khushi moved in to meet her father. This man loves her the most. Not even a single day pass without her wishing for him to become all fit and fine.

He was on the wheelchair. She crouched down near him. He kept his shaking hand on her head. No words were needed. Father-daughter had their own language to communicate. 

Khushi was finally at peace. Nothing brought her this much peace as much meeting and reuniting with her family did.
__________________________________

“Arnav ji?” Khushi asked not able to believe her mother.

They were sitting and talking like old times with a cup of tea and Khushi's favourite Jalebi. 

“Hmm…” Garima nodded and sipped her tea.

“First of all, your Akash jiju took all the responsibilities and then Arnav ji too got involved. Your father's treatment is going very well…” Khushi nodded with a far thinking look on her face.

Akash's involvement is understandable but Arnav's involvement was out of her mind. Was he doing all this just too win her trust? Even if it's a yes, she is grateful to him. 

She isn't able to understand how to talk to him now. She hurted him today noon itself. 

“Khushi!!” Garima's calls brought her out of her thoughts.

“Huh? Ha Amma?” 

“So… Are you shifting here back?” Garima asked expectantly.

Garima knows that few more days and then Khushi will permanently go to Raizada mansion as Arnav's wife. She want to spend all the time she can with her daughter.

“Ha Amma…. I will come here tomorrow with all my stuff.” 

Soon Khushi left for Raizada mansion, thinking how to talk to laad governor now.
____________________________________

Day in the Raizada mansion passed in a blur. Chandni and Advay's marriage got fixed. Just deciding a date is left. As much as Alok was happy he was trying to have a chance to talk to Anjali. Aman who came back after dropping Latika, swore not to meet her again and was sleeping in Alok's room. 

Without waking up his brother, Alok left his room and saw Anjali going towards terrace with her coffee. He followed her not wanting to miss this chance. 

“Hey…” Alok called her softly after she settled herself on couch comfortably.

She went stiff. She was ignoring him and now he is finally here.

“Relax Anjali…. Till when you will keep ignoring me? One day or the other day… You will have to talk to me….” He spoke sensing her thoughts and sat beside her.

“Alok….”

“Anjali… Will you stop ignoring me? Please! I know I messed up bad telling you about my feelings but please don't ignore me!” 

“Alok… it isn't you….it is me… I-”

“Ofcourse it's you! You have lost all the self esteem, confidence and trust in yourself. You say I deserve better. But you don't understand that it is about what heart wants and not about how much I deserve or not.” 

She looked away understanding her mistake but still not accepting it.

He sighed and went on both of his knees in front of her. She looked at him and he held her hands not letting her speak.

“Anjali… I love spending my time with you. I love talking to you. I love getting to know new things about you. I have never been interested in anyone this way. And now when you're ignoring me, it is hurting me. I love you… Please… Don't punish yourself and me for someone else's actions. You deserve to be happy. Never in your life you intentionally wronged anyone. Pl-” She interrupted him.

“Alok… My child? I..” She trailed off.

“I would love it, if the kid calls me daddy… I already love kiddo…. From the time when you started to tell me about the kicks you were experiencing and when I was fulfilling your cravings… It was like I was fulfilling kiddo's all wishes…. It made me feel complete…. Satisfied….” 

This she didn't say anything but kept looking at him.

“Don't hold yourself back Anju….” He whispered.

“Alok…” A whimper left her mouth. He shook his head.

“I too feel the same way for you Alok… But.. I was scared. Of many things.” She started blabbering and he kept nodding telling her that he understands.

“I… How come I get so lucky…” Another whimper left her mouth as she caressed his cheek.

“You deserve it Anju… If God takes something from you, he gives it back making it bigger and better….” She nodded at this.

“I love you Alok… I do…”
____________________________________

“Arnav ji…” Khushi called him, making him stop in the middle of the staircase.

They crossed each other on the stairs as he was coming down and she was going upstairs.

“Ha Khushi…” He turned to her attentively.

“Thank you….” He looked at her bewildered.

“For what?”

“Thank you for taking care of my father. Really it means a lot to me…” 

“Khushi…” He sighed.

“I have lost both of my parents. And I see my parents in both of them. Technically, I didn't do anything for you…. So, don't thank me…” He replied and walked down.

Khushi's heart swelled with love and pride.

‘He is a coconut! Hard from outside, soft from inside…’ She thought and smiled to herself.
_________________________________

Hey readers....
Did you guys like it?

Do tell me...

This update is dedicated to my readers who stuck with the story till now.

madhurao1210
paianjalir

Only two or three updates are left. If you guys don't comment then it won't encourage me to finish it. Even writing this update was getting difficult.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 16.6K 29
A story of Arnav Singh Raizada and his REPLACED BRIDE Khushi Gupta. Will he accept her as his Wife? Will his family accept her? Why was she repla...
147K 6.6K 20
How far can love take someone, how better love can make someone...
84K 6.5K 47
Life is not to be taken too seriously. Live your life by looking ahead to the future, embracing the present, and appreciating the past. Arnav Singh...
47.8K 1.6K 28
This story follows the timeline of the show IPKKND. (Entire storyline explained in the chapter). However,soon after the marriage contract expires, Kh...