Malevolent || 18+

By Midstar_07

"The devil wasn't born. He was made." Daria said smoothly. Her friends didn't recognize her. Her grin grew wi... More

Author's Note
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Authors Note:
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 8

13 3 0
By Midstar_07

Blood flowed into ponds. Daria felt it absorb her clothes, but she didn't care. She kept wondering why they would go to extreme lengths to behead someone for something small.Daria forced herself to stop weeping while she stood up. She placed the head to the side and grabbed rags, a pair of purple gloves, a brush, and bleach.

Daria began by rolling up the stained carpet. It had a huge puddle on where the head landed. Daria put it on the side and grabbed the rags. She wiped left and right, combining the blood to not let it roam free.

"It's just blood. It's just blood," Daria mumbled to herself. Blood is Blood, and it never bothered her till now.

Daria threw the rags in a bag and scrubbed the floor. She grew tired but had to get this done. She scrubbed and scrubbed. Her blood-stained clothes dried. The door swung open, and Daria glanced ahead.
"OH MY GOD," Emma yelled. Her eyes widened, and her mouth was oval. Daria panted and stood up.

"What are you doing here!"

"I- Is that a head?!" Emma questioned.

Daria eyed the head that sat next to the trash and faced back at the blonde. Emma stared at Daria, then at her clothes.

She made a run for it. Daria dropped everything and rushed after her. Emma raced to her car but barely made it in time before Daria grabbed her. She yelped.

"Let me go, you freak!" Emma struggled in Daria's grasp.

"Emma, listen to me! You have to understand-"

"Understand what?! That you murdered someone!" Emma continued to struggle in Daria's grasp.

"I killed no one!" Daria released her. Emma looked at her with fear in her eyes. Daria continued, "Why are you even here?"

Emma swallowed. She drew out her phone, but her hands were shaken. Daria scared her, or rather she feared over what Daria supposedly did.

"You texted me to come over to talk about the agreement we made," Emma replied. Daria took off a glove.

'I need to talk to you about you know what. Be at my house in 10 mins.'

Daria furrowed her brows. She did not send this.

"I didn't send this." Daria groaned out of frustration
"Damn it!" She kicked Emma's car.

"Hey, my car!" Emma complained. Daria placed the back of her hand on her forehead and had an idea.

"You're helping me," Daria announced.

Emma scoffed. "What?"

"You're going to help me"

Emma laughed, "I'm not getting involved in the crimes you're committing. Unlike you, I care about my academics and college!"

"You're already involved! You coming over is you getting involved. Now either you help me or I will make Princeton disappear." Daria sneered.

"You wouldn't dare."

"I told you. Answering that text gotten you involved. There is no turning back now."Emma thought about it. Daria stood in front of her confidently and waited. Emma rolled her eyes and said, "Fine"

Daria sighed out of relief. They both went back inside, and Emma tied her beautiful blond hair into a high ponytail. Both girls scrubbed till all the blood was cleaned up. When the two finished, the house stank of bleach.

"What now?" Emma panted out of exhaustion. Daria looked at the pile of rags, the carpet, and the head.

"We get rid of it. All of it" Daria saw Emma give a certain nod. The brunette and the blonde both carried the carpet into Daria's trunk. Along with the head and rags in a bag.

"Where are we taking it?" asked Emma. Daria drove at a fast speed since no one was awake yet.

"In the woods, where no one can find it." Daria continued to look ahead to find the sun rising. Emma looked at Daria, who looked paranoid and scared. But noticed something odd. Her eyes were red and so was her nose.

"Who was he? The boy in the bag?" She asked carefully. Daria held her tears and took a glimpse at Emma.

"No one you should worry about," Daria said. The woods were still dark because of the trees that blocked the sun. The leaves were beautifully dark green, and the dirt was moist. Daria and Emma both grabbed a shovel and dug an enormous hole. Both wore headlights and gloves to leave off any prints.

Once they finished, they dumped the carpet inside and Daria grabbed the bag that held the rags and head. Daria whispered quickly, "I will always love you" She dumped it in the hole and the girls covered it with dirt. The next thing was to burn their clothes and everything they touched. But convincing Emma was more difficult than Daria thought.

"No way. This was an expensive top!" Emma complained.

"I'll buy you a new one. Just take off your clothes and dump them in the fire. I brought some of mine that we can change into."

"Hope it's not all black since that is what you tend to wear nowadays." Emma changed and dumped her stained top and jeans into the fire, along with Daria's. The shovels went back into the trunk, and they drove back into town.

Daria convinced Emma to keep quiet for the past few days. She kept asking Daria questions that kept her paranoid, such as 'what happens if they find the head' or 'Is the shovel hidden' or 'What if someone saw us?'

She kept Emma at bay, but people were noticing their friendship somehow grew. They weren't as distant as they used to be. Chris hadn't spoken to Daria since she came back. It caused her to worry, but Daria remembered how she also put Chris through hell the summer her father left.

1 summer ago...
"Where could she be?" Chris was paranoid. Her heart was racing, and her hand gripped her phone. Jake shrugged and dialed Daria again. No answer.

"She's not answering," Jake said.Chris gave him a 'duh,' look "Well." She snatched his phone. "You broke up with her, remember? Right after you cheated on her?"

Jake scoffed. "Yes, of course, I do. I-I regret it." He hesitated. Chris caught his hesitation and stopped walking. People in the streets walked around them as they both huddled.

"You hesitated," Chris pointed out. Jake looked at her with wide eyes and said "N-no I didn't-"

"Yes, you did! You don't regret it!" Chris pinched him and he hissed. He rubbed his arm and looked around before answering "No, I don't. I know she's your best friend. But she never loved me. Not in the way I did."

Chris sighed. They continued to walk in their path. The building lights outshined the moon and the cold air brushed against the girl and boy's faces. Jake and Chris both headed towards the only bar in town. Daria spends most of her time there for many reasons.

They both went inside with their fake IDs and looked around. Daria sat at the bar with a shot cup in her hand and her head resting on the palm of her other.

"Another!" Daria yelled. Chris ran up to the bartender and shook her head. The bartender looked at Daria, then walked away without fulfilling Daria's request. Jake walked up to her, along with Chris.

"Daria. We came to take you home." Chris kindly sat next to her and reached for her friend's hand till Daria moved it. Daria looked at Chris, then at Jake. Her eyes were bloodshot, and her breath reeked of booze. She looked pale; Daria smiled.

"Home?" Daria looked at Jake with hatred "I have no home. Where is my drink!" Daria called.

The bartender returned and poured her another shot, but this time Daria grabbed the bottle from his thick hands and slammed it on the surface in front of her. The burn of the alcohol ran down her throat and Daria announced, "My dad left me for a Blonde WHORE"

Jake saw Daria glared at him and at everyone else who wasn't giving her attention. She slid off the stool and her tired brown eyes looked at Jake.

"Guess it's two blondes that screwed me over," she commented before walking away with Chris calling out to her.

Daria sat uncomfortably in her seat. Algebra 2 was about to begin, and all she could think about was her last encounter with Mason. According to the gossip spreading around school, he hasn't been in since the day she left. Which led to everyone thinking they ran off together.

Mason walked in. 'Looking handsome and- Wait what am I doing?' Daria thought. She snapped out of her thoughts and sensed him take his seat. She turned to look at him but looked at a purple bruise that was forming on his cheekbone.

"Who gave you that shiner?" Daria asked. Mason looked at her from the corner of his eyes and looked back to the front.

"No one," he said vaguely. Daria raised a brow and
"focused" on the teacher.

"You can tell me," she added.

"Just mind your own business." His voice became harsh.

Daria needed more. She needed answers, even though she doesn't give any when someone asks her.

"Mason-"

"Look princess, like I said, it's none of your business-"

"You can't-" Daria insisted.

"Daria Anderson." someone interrupted. Both of them immediately went to the attention of an unexpected visitor.

"Detective. Do you mind telling me what you're doing here?" Daria answered.

The detective's mouth formed a smug grin and motioned to his hands, showing for someone to come inside. Two officers march in with their hands on their belts. But one had a pair of silver cuffs in between his fingers.Daria slowly lifted from her seat and debated on whether to make a run for it. Maybe they knew about what happened in the woods...

"If you're thinking about running, don't. We have the entire building surrounded." The detective may have a handsome face, but man, how she could make her blood boil.

"Are you that scared of me?" Daria teased. The detective snorted and said, "Arrest her."

"Put your hands up and behind your head." One officer announced. Daria rolled her eyes and lifted her hands in a carefree way.

"I-"

"You know exactly why you're getting arrested"

"Enlighten me." Daria spat.

"You're under arrest for the murder of your classmate Alex Delagrov."

'The boy from the party.' Daria thought. Her eyes widened, and the officer pulled her away. Daria tripped over her feet and mouthed to Mason. 'Emma'

He nodded. Daria walked forward. Her classmates whispered as she walked out of class. It got worse as she headed to the police car that was parked in front. Her classmates outside and inside the classrooms came walking out to watch the officers drag her. Daria glanced towards different people and made eye contact with Noah, who looked confused more than shocked.

"I knew it was her."

"I heard she murdered someone."

"It was her party"

Daria could hear almost every whisper. They didn't even bother to keep it quiet.

"You got the wrong person," Daria said. The detective slightly smiled. "What makes you think it was me?" she added.

"I got an anonymous tip," he said. Daria looked at his smug face with her wide eyes. Before she got to say anything else, the officer pushed her into the SUV. Daria knew who sent it. All she has to do now is to prove her innocence.

__________________________

Sorry this chapter is shorter than usual. I will make longer ones in the future and hope to post at least twice a week :) Thanks!- Starlight

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...