Captain Jeon 'Since 1894'

By gellatinstories

[taekookau] "When the war is over, we'll get married and I'll grow flowers like you, and our story will be on... More

FIRST NOTE🌼
PART 1-10πŸ’Œ
PART 11-20πŸ’Œ
PART 21-30πŸ’Œ
PART 31-40πŸ’Œ
PART 41-50πŸ’Œ
PART 51-60πŸ’Œ
PART 61-70πŸ’Œ
PART 71-80πŸ’Œ
PART 81-90πŸ’Œ
PART 91-100πŸ’Œ
PART 101-110πŸ’Œ
PART 111-120πŸ’Œ
PART 121-130πŸ’Œ
PART 131-140πŸ’Œ
PART 141-150πŸ’Œ
PART 151-160πŸ’Œ
PART 161-170πŸ’Œ
PART 171-180πŸ’Œ
PART 181-190πŸ’Œ
PART 191-200πŸ’Œ
PART 201-210πŸ’Œ
PART 211-220πŸ’Œ
PART 221-230πŸ’Œ
PART 231-240πŸ’Œ
PART 241-250πŸ’Œ
PART 251-260πŸ’Œ
PART 261-270πŸ’Œ
PART 271-280πŸ’Œ
PART 281-290πŸ’Œ
PART 291-300πŸ’Œ
PART 311-320πŸ’Œ
PART 321-330πŸ’Œ
PART 331-340πŸ’Œ
PART 341-350πŸ’Œ
PART 351-360πŸ’Œ
PART 361-370πŸ’Œ
PART 371-380πŸ’Œ
PART 381-390πŸ’Œ
PART 391-400πŸ’Œ
PART 401-410πŸ’Œ
NOTE:PLEASE READ
PART 411-420πŸ’Œ
PART 421-430πŸ’Œ
PART 431-440πŸ’Œ
PART 441-444πŸ’Œ
🌳 APOLOGY 🌳

PART 301-310πŸ’Œ

39.3K 1.5K 4.2K
By gellatinstories

301.

Tae just finished having breakfast until a fuss got him so curious about.

His fellow soldiers are talking about something since awhile ago, and he couldn’t help but to ask about the issue.

“What’s going on?” He asked one of his teammates.

“Lieutenant Lee is leaving. He got fired from handling this camp because of disobeying the camp rules.”

Lieutenant Lee was one of the longest facilitator of this camp, he’s been serving here for 17 years already, so how can he get fired for doing something against the rules?

“What rules did he violate?”

“Isn’t he the one who let us out yesterday? They say that was the reason.”

Tae nodded and tried to calculate things. Lieutenant Lee would never do such things without any orders from someone who’s higher than him.

He saw Seokjin sitting on the corner, staring on the blank space. He looks so lost in his thoughts that he did not even noticed that Taehyung was standing in front of him.

“Hyung?” Tae waved his hand in front of Seokjin to get his attention. The elder flinched.

“Oh...hey Tae.” Jin greeted as Tae sat beside him. “What are you thinking?”

Tae asked, but Seokjin looked away. “Nothing.” He simply said. But of course, as a graduated lawyer, Tae knew that its not just nothing.

“It doesn’t look like its just nothing.”

“Tell me, I’ll listen.” Tae encouraged, he felt like he had to ask Seokjin about it.

The elder sighed, “I was thinking about what I heard...”

Tae’s ears rose at the topic, this kind of mysteries are driving him crazy. “What is it?”

[ FLASHBACK ]

“Captain Walker, you we’re looking for me?” Lt. Lee saluted as he entered Hugo’s office.

The new Captain gave him an inspecting look, then sighed. He seemed frustrated.

“I just wanted to ask you why you let the trainees out yesterday?”

He was standing behind his desk with his arms crossed.

While on the other hand, Lee was surprised at the question. “Pardon, sir?” He asked, not believing what he heard.

“I was on the other camp for inspection when a staff here reported that the trainees we’re out even tho its not yet weekends. Mind explaining that?”

The Lieutenant was so confused at his words that he couldn’t even process what he was going to say.

“S-Sir, you we’re the one who asked me to let the trainees on rest.” Hugo raised a brow.

“Excuse me?”

Hugo said, he also got confused at what Lieutenant said. “I never asked you to do it?”

“But sir, you sent me a letter yesterday stating about that matter. So I immediately sent a staff to announce it in the camp.”

Silence reigned on the room, but there was still confusion.

Hugo sat on the chair, trying to process things in his mind. “So you’re saying that I sent you a letter ordering about letting the trainees rest?”

“Yes sir.” And with his answer, Hugo got more confused.

“But I never sent you a letter?”

Lee was surprised, he took out the letter that he was talking about since it was still in his pocket.

“Isn’t this your hand writing, sir?” He gave the letter to Hugo and the Captain inspected it.

“It looks so much like my hand writing, but I never wrote this?”

General Kim knocked, and went inside the room. “Sorry for meddling in but I heard about the matter,”

He faced Lieutenant, “You know how strict the rules are here since you’ve been here for so long. Yet you still violated one.”

Hugo stood up.

“General, I don’t think he’s on fault—“

“But he still violated the rules, Captain. You also know how strict it is, & even if someone just sent him a false letter, its still his fault since he didn’t make sure it was true.”

Hugo froze on his place as soon as he heard those.

He went silent, but his thoughts were raging.

“You know it has a consequence right? I’m sorry but as one of the facilitators of this camp, I fire you handling this place.”

Lieutenant’s heart fell at the words, it was really painful for him.

Imagine being so dedicated and sincere about your work that you started to love it as much as how you loved yourself.

But with just one mistake, everything snaps back.

Maybe, it was really the time for someone to replace him now, since he’s getting old already.

“General, why fire him? It was a misunderstanding. Maybe its better if we just relocate him into another camp.”

Hugo suggested, and luckily, Jaewon agreed. “Okay then, we’ll just relocate you. You have until today to pack your belongings.”

He said and left.

“Captain...you don’t have to do that. I accept the punish—“

“No, don’t say that. I heard how much you loved your job, and I’m not letting that one misunderstanding end your love for it.”

Lieutenant felt touched, he showed off an impish smile. “Thank you, Captain.”

[ END OF FLASHBACK ]

Jin told him everything that he heard. And Tae felt nothing but sadness and pity.

“I’ve known Lieutenant for years, I’ll miss his presence here.” Jin muttered, but Tae knew that something else was bothering him.

“Are you suspicious about my father?”

Jin looked down to his feet, he felt uncomfortable talking about it since that was Tae’s father.

“Don’t worry, I hate him too.” Jin was surprised at his words, he giggled. “What was that for?” He asked.

“Nothing, just making u comfortable. But I mean it.”

“Well, I do kinda feel suspicious about you father...” Jin started.

“Because he mentioned that someone gave Lieutenant a false letter, but no one even talked about it? So how did he know?”

Tae smirked, he was thinking the same thing. But he wasn’t surprised.

Cuz he knew now how much of an asshole his father was.

In the afternoon, after their trainings, they got called in the field for an announcement.

Its time for Lieutenant to leave.

He gave his speech, and looked at the place for the last time before leaving.

Everything felt heavy in the heart. The trainees felt sad about Lieutenant’s departure, since his presence would forever be missed.

[ TIME SKIP : THE NEXT DAY ]

Friday in the morning, Bogum kept biting his lips to prevent himself from smiling.

He was carrying a bouquet of — not flowers — but strawberries. He got it from the back of the camp in which he planted a month ago.

But his hands were bruised since he slipped, but instead of using his hands to prevent himself from stumbling, he used it to save the falling strawberries from being damaged.

But the bruise wasn’t bad — its just had he wounded his elbows and knees too.

Clumsy, you say?

He doesn’t mind the bruise since the strawberries we’re on good condition.

He picked all the good ones and arranged them in a paper like thing and designed them like a flower bouquet.

And of course, he made it for Tae.

Since Tae already knew his feelings for him, he doesn’t ask anything in return, but he told him to just let him love him.

And he’s really happy that he can finally express his feelings freely for him.

He finally saw Tae running in the hallway with a smile on his face.

He knew Tae liked strawberries, thats why he prepared these. He immediately hid the bouquet behind him as Tae went further.

“Hey!” Tae greeted in a happy tone.

“I have something to tell you.” They both said in same time, then laughed.

“Okay, you go first.” Bogum said.

Tae looked so happy, he couldn’t even stop smiling. He stomped his feet on excitement.

“Okay but I just got the news earlier and guess what?” Tae asked. “What?”

“CAPTAIN IS FINALLY GOING HOME!” Tae cried and jumped in happiness.

Bogum felt a thousands of bullets shot him in his heart. He didn’t know how to react, but he just kept his smile.

“Really? That’s a good news! When is he coming back?” He asked.

“I don’t know but they said this week. Omygod I’m so happy!”

Tae gathered himself together. “Anyways, what were you going to say? And what’s that you’re hiding behind you?” Tae asked.

“Oh I forgot what I was gonna tell you. And this, its just garbage, I was putting some trash out.” He answered. His

Tae nodded, “Okay, see you around!”

As soon as Tae was out from his sight, he took out the bouquet from behind him, and laughed to himself.

“Why am I even hoping?” His heart was pierced, and maybe he’s used to the pain.

But today, he just didn’t had the energy to hide it.

302.

303.

304.

Since its weekends, they can finally go home and visit their families. Just 3 more weeks on the camp, and theyre finally going to be a soldier.

As soon as Tae went in their house, he saw his mom sewing some clothes in the living room.

“Good morning, mom.”

His mom welcomed her with a hug and gave him a loving peck on the cheek.

But of course, as a mother, she can feel that something was odd about her son.

Tae smiles, but he doesn’t smile like today. His smile looks different and that was intriguing for his mom.

“It really looks like a good morning for you, huh?” She spoke as she smiled. She sat back on the chair and continued sewing.

Tae sucked the insides of his mouth to hold back his smiles since he knew that he was too obvious.

And by looking at his mom, he got a idea.

“Mom,” he started and sat beside her. “Can you teach me how to sew?”

It was just a normal question but it got his mother astonished that she immediately stopped sewing and gave her son a questioning look.

“What has gotten into you?” She asked.

Tae shrugged and flashed a despicable smile.

Valerie, his mother’s name — placed the clothes beside her and inspected Taehyung.

“Honey, sewing are only for girls. How come you’re suddenly interested?” She asked as she cross her arms across her chest.

Taehyung thought of an excuse, but he feel bad for lying. “I just wanna do something for a f-friend...”

He said, he prayed that his mother wouldn’t ask more, but I guess not.

Valerie raised a brow. “A friend? You’re never like this to your friends...”

Tae gulped, what can he say more?

And maybe, his mother sensed that Tae was quite shy at the topic. She nodded, “Okay then, I’ll teach you.”

Tae looked like a happy puppy as soon as he heard that. He’s very eager to learn.

Since this is for Jungkook.

“First off,” his mother grabbed two pieces of white cloth for them to practice on.

Then gave him a needle and a thread. “You have to shoot the thread into the hole of that needle.”

Tae was quite experienced since he learned the basics during middle school.

But thats still not enough for Tae to call himself ‘skilled’.

It was really hard shooting that shit of a thread into the hole of the needle. A few salivas helped too tho, and the hard works paid off since he succeeded.

“That was hard.” Tae commented.

As their lesson went by, and even if tae knew the basics, he still cant help but to get pricked by the needle.

And since he’s in 1890s, thimbles aren’t quite popular yet. Thats why he had a few red spots and some wounds because of it.

“Can you still do this?”

His mother asked since his fingers were red because of the accidental pricks.

But Tae nodded, “Of course.” He really looked determined, and that’s what made his mother smile.

“You’re really making me happy, honey...” Valerie started.

“Why?” Tae asked.

“Cuz you’re never like this. Back then, you only greet me good mornings and thats all. You never talk or open up to me. I always try to reach out for you but you keep on pushing me away. It’s really worrying me and its making me sad...”

“But one day, you suddenly changed.”

Tae felt somehow happy, the real Taehyung really is aloof on his family.

“You’re suddenly smiling and talking to me for no reason. You tell jokes too. You became more open on whats happening to you and you introduced me your friends. You don’t know how happy I am Tae.”

“I...” Tae started, “I just realized nothing will happen if I’ll stay like that.” He lied, he cannot tell her the truth and he felt bad.

“Captain really made a big impact on you, did he?” His mother asked and Tae smiled.

“He really did. God, when did I became so inlove?”

But he immediately stopped talking when he realized it.

He looked at his mom and she was laughing. “You know the saying, ‘the fish is caught by its own mouth’?”

He bit his lip and looked away in embarrassment. How is he so clumsy?

“M-mom...forget it...” his mother continued laughing and Tae thought he was funny too.

“You know,” his mother calmed down from laughing.

“Even if you don’t tell me, I know that you two have feelings for each other.”

Tae felt butterflies in his tummy. Oh my.

305.

306.

Sunday passed, and Tae woke up early to finish the handkerchief that he was sewing for Jungkook.

He was sewing a letter ‘J’ on the corner of the cloth, that stands for Jungkook’s name.

His fingers were sore, its been bleeding since yesterday because of the needle.

But he doesn’t mind. His hard works paid off since he finally finished sewing at noon.

He took a look at it, and he felt proud about it. Just imagining Jungkook’s reaction about it was giving him butterflies.

“Are you possessed?”

He saw Jennie standing in the corner, holding a holy cross with her scared expression.

Tae raised a brow at his sister. “Why do you say so?” He asked.

“You were smiling alone, then suddenly laugh after. Are you normal or are you not?”

Tae have thought about it, and laughed to himself thinking that he probably looked a like a fool smiling as he thought of Jungkook.

“You’re doing it again! Our father in heaven holy be your name your kingdom come—“

“I’m not possessed, what the hell?!” He cried.

Jennie went towards him as soon as she saw the letter ‘J’ on the handkerchief.

“Aww! Is this for me?” Jennie tried to grab the cloth but Tae snatched it away.

“No! You wish.” Jennie glared at him.

“But there’s a letter J! My name starts with J!”

“I don’t care! This is for me!” Jennie crossed her arms. “Your name is Jaehyung now huh?”

After a few cat fights, she left.

“That brat, is she the only person who’s name starts with J?” He whispered to himself.

“I HEARD THAT!”

[ TIME SKIP : THAT AFTERNOON ]

307.

308.

“Mom please? I just wanna do another design please?”

Its been a minute of convincing his mother onto accompanying him on the market to buy another color of thread and cloth to try another design for his gift for Captain.

“Tae, your hands are sore! Take a rest.”

“Nooooo I’m totally fine! I’ll be more careful, I swear!” He pleaded with all his heart.

His hand was now wrapped in a cloth to stop it from bleeding further, and to cure it too.

After a few moments of convincing her, “Fine! But in one condition,” she said.

Tae felt scared at the condition, but he’ll do anything she says at this moment. “You’ll tell me about you and Jungkook. Deal?”

Tae blushed at her condition, and he couldn’t help to smile. “Okay, fine!”

As soon as that, they rushed to the market.

They searched through the corners of the wide place along with the sea of people.

They bought a few already, but Tae was really eager to but the most beautiful color.

“Mom, how about this?” He showed her a pretty thread with the touch of crimson.

WARNING ‼️

— mention of blood
— death
— gunshot

Please skip the next few thread if you’re sensitive in this topics ‼️

His mother nodded, “Okay, I’ll let you pick some colors first.” She said as she stepped back behind him to give space on picking.

But her vision was too clear to let that guy covered in black clothes slide off.

He was pointing a fucking gun from the distance — to Taehyung.

Everything went in slow motion for her as soon as she saw the guy pulled the trigger.

With one snap, a loud gunshot got the people panic. Tae was surprised too, he flinched.

But felt his heart sank instead as soon as he saw his mother fell on the ground with blood.

Tae couldn’t speak, he was so much in shock. He was shaking so bad as he catch his mother from falling onto the ground.

She was shot right into the heart.

People were shouting and screaming to try and call the police or the doctors for help.

“M-mom...” Tae’s voice cracked as his knees went weak onto the ground. Valerie’s head was lying down on Tae’s lap, and her tears were falling down.

“DOCTORS PLEASE!” The blood kept coming out from the shot. Tae’s eyes were blurry because of tears.

But he still managed to rip off a piece from the elbow of her mother’s cloth.

He used to cover the shot, thinking that it can help stop the blood from flowing.

“Mom the doctors are coming okay? Don’t worry, you’re gonna be fine.”

Tears were flowing nonstop from his eyes.

“WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DOCTOR?!” Tae screamed in despair. No one was coming, and he hated it.

He carried her mom in his arms to try and go to the hospital.

“S-Son...p-put me d-down...”

But he didn’t listen, he just continued walking and did not care about the people looking at them.

“Honey...p-put me do-down p-please...”

He feel so weak, yet so angry about what was happening.

“No mom, we’re getting you to the hospital to get cured—“

“I won’t m-make it...I c-can feel it already...”

His crying got even more intense and he finally knelt down on the ground as he placed his mother’s head onto his lap.

“You can’t just say that!”

“Shh...stop crying...it would hurt m-more...”

But instead of stopping from crying, he cried harder. His thoughts were such a mess that he couldn’t even think well.

His mother reached out her arms and cupped Tae’s face.

“I-I....I know you’re not my son...t-that you’re from the f-future...”

Tae was surprised, but he couldn’t utter a word since his cries were just getting louder. His heart felt too heavy to speak.

“And I know that y-you have a special mission f-for our country...” her breathes are getting shorter.

“I will tell the gods to take care of you...”

“And even if y-you’re not my son...I’m still happy that I got my time to spend it w-with you..”

Tae grabbed her hands and felt its warmth, he just hated it so much since he knew he’ll never get to feel it anymore.

“Please take care of your siblings, especially Jennie...m-make sure she finishes her s-studies okay? Tell them I love them b-both...”

Tae couldn’t even hear her words clearly anymore because he was sobbing too hard.

“My son...if ever you meet him..tell him I love him too.”

“Mom stop talking, save your energy, you’re not gonna die yet!” Tae cried and he felt hope as soon as he saw a doctor running towards them from the distance.

His mom flashed her impish smile, “I love you...”

Tae shook his head and sobbed onto her hands.

“I love you too mom...please don’t leave me again...”

Tae witnessed how her mom died from giving birth in the future, and now, he witnessed it again, but this time — it was because of him.

He hated himself for that...so much.

If he only knew this will happen then he should’ve not asked her to go out, he could’ve just stayed in the house with her.

Its was his fault.

How can he not protect his own mother?

And now, the woman he loved the most, died in front of him.

309.

310.

A hard slap met Taehyung’s face that he got thrown into the floor, and his elbow got bruised.

But that’s not what he’s crying about — but he’s crying that he knew he deserved that slapped.

“THIS IS AL YOUR FAULT!” His father cried.

Jennie was crying in the corner, and Yoongi was in tears too, but he’s trying his best to stop his step father from hitting Tae more.

Cuz he didn’t want Tae to experience what he suffered.

“BECAUSE OF YOU YOUR MOTHER DIED! YOU KILLED HER!”

“Sir stop, please—“ Jaewon pushed Yoongi so hard that he fell on the floor.

“HOW DARE YOU FUCKING TOUCH ME?!” He was shaking in anger, that the light in his eyes disappeared.

“I hate you so so much! Fuck you!” They were so surprised when Jennie cursed.

She was referring to their father. “You’re a monster! You’re the one who—“

Jaewon immediately held her cheeks and squeezed it in anger. “Look at this little princess being so brave.”

Tae immediately stood up and and hit Jaewon’s hand away from Jennie.

“You are all the same,” Jaewon gritted.

“From now on, I have no children. I shall not see any of you in my household tomorrow or you’ll be after your mother.” He pulled the trigger and it almost hit Yoongi’s arm.

“GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!”

309.

Tae did not expect walking at this cold night with all his things. Its winter, and its almost Christmas.

He still haven’t moved on what happened awhile ago, it was still very fresh to him — especially the pain.

And he’s glad that he finally leave that house.

But he was fine if its only just him, he can take care of himself. But it got more harder knowing that he also burdened his siblings.

“I know a place to stay.” Yoongi spoke, its been so quiet.

They just let him lead the way, since he’s the only one who knew.

It was a few minutes of walking, until they finally arrived into a place Tae was somehow familiar. But he couldn’t remember why.

“Where are we?” He asked, voice still weak. Yoongi knocked on the door, and it opened as soon as that.

To Tae’s shock, it was Bogum.

“Taehyung?” Bogum spoke, surprised at the sudden presence. “You knew each other?” Yoongi asked.

Tae didn’t have the energy to answer so he just nodded. “Come in!” Bogum said since it was very cold outside.

They hesitated at first, but Yoongi assured them.

Bogum’s mother appeared, and maybe she already heard what happened.

Since their father is a General, he’s quite famous in the town. And since lots of people know them, the news about their mother’s death immediately spread.

“Please feel at home.”

They quietly sat in the couch. No one was speaking in one of them, but you couldn’t blame them.

But of course, an an elder, Yoongi has the responsibility. “Can I talk to you privately?”

He asked Bogum, and he agreed.

While Yoongi was outside with Bogum, Heena sat beside Taehyung.

“Hey, I know its hard. But you guys can stat with us as long as you want.” She comforted, and even tho Tae didn’t feel like it, he still smiled.

“Thank you ma’am.”

Heena shook her head and smiled. “You can call me mother too. And she’s your sister right?”

She was referring to Jennie who was staring in the blank space with her swollen eyes.

“Yes, she is.” Heena stood up. “Hold on a sec, I’ll cook you guys dinner.”

And with that, they we’re left alone in the living room, embracing theirselves to give warmth.

Tae can feel it, he knew Jennie was sullen. And even tho they often bicker jokingly, they’re still siblings.

“Jennie,” Tae called in a gentle voice. “Are you mad at me?”

Jennie wiped the tear from her cheeks then looked down to her fingers.

“I’m not gonna lie, I am.” She spoke, and Tae understood. He, himself, was also mad of him.

“But I’m more mad because of myself.” It caught Tae’s attention.

“What do you mean?”

She was hesitating, but as soon as she thought of it, she bursted in tears again.

“That bastard was the one who sent the guy.” She said in between her cries.

Tae couldn’t speak, he even almost stopped breathing.

“I heard him talking to someone in his office and he ordered him to kill you. I was gonna tell you but you guys left already. So I ran after the both of you, but I was too late.”

Jennie couldn’t stop sobbing. Tae immediately pulled her for a hug.

“W-What if I came early? What if I wasn’t late? If only that motherfucker didn’t send someone to shoot you then mother wouldn’t have died....”

Tae felt so guilty. What if he did not convince his mother at all?

She would have been alive still.

But the tears falling from his eyes aren’t just because of sadness, but of anger too.

Jaewon must’ve been so crazy right now knowing that he sent that killer to kill Tae but instead, his wife died.

It was his fault. It was all the fucker’s fault.

310.

THE BEST AUTHOR OF THIS AU IS ARTSEOULVK🍓

Note: Please share your thoughts or experience while reading this chapter.Thanks♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 127 35
A short glimpse of the story.... Y/n: I love you tae....but Tae: but what...???? Y/n: I can't be your... Tae: you can't ditch me like this Y/n: sorr...
24.9K 1.3K 36
Here continues the story of yoonminseok, blooming garden sequel. Love has it's way around life. It changes rapidly, causes pain, but it could also ca...
2.8K 112 17
Taehyung finds Yoongi in his life again. "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wil...
20.6K 421 37
"Why do two strangers meet and fall in love, when they're not meant to be together?" This story isn't mine. Credits: ARTSEOULVK