The 12th Kiss

By Enterintomymind

"Cinderella had till midnight, I have twelve kisses to win back my prince's heart," Jo... More

❁ come home, dear
❁man & the other woman
❁in love again
❁sugar? yes, please
❁one more night
❁a ring around the finger
❁eyes that fear
❁throw my love away
❁house by the sea
❁a sin comin' on
❁please, don't go.
❁ the ugly truth
❁you are my air
❁stars, stars
❁an awkward, shy guy
❁till death do us apart
❁every night
❁mountains
❁The 12th Kiss
❁dark waves
❁in your arms
❁love
❁drifting Winds
❣Ever after
❝How Deep is Your Love? ❞ ½
❝How Strong is Your Love? ❞ ¾
❝How True is Your Love? ❞
Wedding bells || CRASH

❁all I ever wanted

202K 10.4K 2.2K
By Enterintomymind

"This is all I ever wanted
But life got in my way
You're all I ever wanted
I didn't see how it could change
That something was missing until today"

❁ all I ever wanted

For John, it was one those moments where he was having a hard time breathing. Metilda in her pale yellow dress sat on the brown carpet while a small huddle of terrified parents stood behind her. The kids were probably still in the bus. John knew the police must have reached out to them by now.

Warren dug the cold metal deeper into Metilda's neck. "If I were you, I'd put that gun down."

John smirked. Yes, he had the guts to do so when his wife was in mortal danger. "Sadly, you aren't me."

Metilda's light gaze watched John with a certain dullness. It was as if she didn't care if he saved her or not. Somehow that pained John. Did she not have a reason to live?

"Warren," John focused his eyes on the old man. "What exactly are your demands?"

"We'll talk about demands when you put down your weapons." Unwillingly, John placed the gun on the ground.

"Now shall we?"

Warren smirked, the old man that seemed friendly moments ago now had a sinister aura surrounding him. "You shouldn't be asking me. Mr. John, being one the highest paid detective of this area, you should have the answer by now."

"Mission release. What is that about?" John eyes darted in different directions. Warren's left arm was snaked around Metilda's shoulders and his right hand was on the gun. Any sudden move John made would take seconds for Warren to respond to. The parents standing behind could sneak up on Warren but that would be too dangerous.

Someone had to make the first move.

"Just as it sounds," Warren grinned. "Release our prisoners,"

John focused his stare on Warren. "And who exactly are your prisoners?

"Tom Henderson, Jake Mengite, Roy Mczhoky." These men were imprisoned for attempt to murder the senator of Westinhall. John felt like an idiot for not putting these piece together earlier. The school principal, Warren Thompson, was part of the Eleigt, an anti-government group. His experience at the prison center and then he after his PhD, he went missing- all had been pointing at this. In December of 2013, the attack on the Senator had taken place, the same time he had gone missing.

John stared at him blankly. No-way was the government was going to release them. Not until it came to the very last.

"That won't happen,"

A glint of anger sparked in Warren's eyes. "Then this will happen." He pressed his fingers into Metilda's shoulders. She nearly yelped out of pain but bit her bottom lips till it began bleeding. A single drop of blood dripped down her lips.

John balled his hands into his fist, veins in appearing on the surface of his skin. Desperation was all he felt right now. He wanted to whisk Metilda away from here, to a place where they used to be together. Safe and sound. Away from the eyes of the judgmental world, away from the harsh realities of their broken lives.  

After their English II class, John walked along Metilda. The college halls were glittering with Christmas decorations. They stood in the student lounge where a gigantic Christmas tree had been placed. The student government club members were decorating the tree in blues and silvers.

John belonged to a family of atheist. He was always amazed by the beauty of religion, never having the chance to explore it himself.

 Vincent Nguyen,who was leaning against the highest step of the ladder, dropped a silver garland from above.

The garlands tore into tiny, silver sparks from the sharp pine needles. They filled Metilda's hair who began laughing uncontrollably.

John glared at Vincent. He had feeling that he had done it on purpose. After all he had a massive crush on Metilda. "Watch it, will you?" John shouted at him.

Metilda shook her head, still laughing. "It's quite alright, John." Then she smiled at Vincent. "Do you guys need any help?"

Vincent gave John a smug look. "Of-course, help is always appreciated."

Metilda began helping Sarah string popcorn garlands beneath the Christmas tree. John plopped down beside her. 

         "Can I help too?"

Metilda bit down on her bottom lip. John noticed she did that whenever she wanted to laugh but couldn't or whenever she wanted to cry but didn't.

"Here." She handed him a thread with a needle stuck at its one end.

John drew his eyebrows together. "I don't know how."

Sarah scoffed. "You must be joking."

"I'm not." John replied, sourly. Metilda eyes caught the momentary loneliness in his eyes. Her cold hands wrapped themselves around his sweaty ones. "I'll show you how,"

Afternoon turned to evening, the sky went from blue to orange as piece by piece Metilda and John built a garland for their very first Christmas together.

"Call your police department head." Warren spoke. "Tell them about our demands."

John did as told to. He put the cell phone next to his ear but Warren barked to put it on loud speaker.

John held the phone in front of him. The monotone ring buzzing through the air.

"That was unprofessional of you, John," Was the first thing, Chief Bentel said. "To approach the culprit without orders,"

"Sir, with all due respect, I am very sorry. We have a situation-"

Warren groaned loudly. "Will you cut the chase and get to the point."

"Sir, you need to release prisoners Tom Henderson, Jake Mengite, and Roy Mczhoky."

"The ones who attacked Senator Roderick. Impossible"

Warren's eyes widened and for a second his hands slackened on Metilda's shoulders. It was finally donning on him. The government wouldn't release criminals that were a threat to the national security for a handful of civilians.

 Alert, Metilda used this opportunity. She jammed her elbow into Warren's groin. He jumped in surprise and fired the gun. The bullet shot the trophies resting in the dusty cabinets and the glass shattered.

Chief Bentel's panicked voice filled the room. "John, Is all under control?"

Metilda shot up on her feet and tried knocking down Warren. Warren may be old but he sure had a-lot of strength. His right hand fixed in the air by Metilda's strong grip , he tried to fight off her  voracious attack with his left hand. 

John as if coming out his stunned state and picked up his gun. He couldn't fire with Metilda in such close proximity with Warren. He tackled Warren from his back side, causing the gun to slip out of Warren's fingers and land on the floor. Metilda quickly seized the gun and tossed it far from Warren's reach.

Few of the parents rushed to help John keep Warren pinned to the floor. 

Breathlessly, John handcuffed Warren's wrists who was squirming relentlessly. "I hope you enjoy your stay Mr. Thompson."

Warren scowled, his gums were bleeding profusely from Metilda's power-packed punches. "I'll get you. I swear I will." 

In walked the police officers, late as usual. The officers took control of Warren. There was a chaos as parents were being rushed outside by the police. Only two people stood still in the chaos. John and Metilda, eyes locked in the others, both were breathing heavily. Metilda was still ghastly pale from the aftermath of the incident. 

Officer Blake was talking to John and Officer Melissa was interrogating Metilda. They were separated by few feet. Just few small steps and all distance would vanish. 

Slow steps were made by John as he approached Metilda. His lungs, his heart were dying to hold her in his arms, to know she was safe.

When the first step was completed, Jannet barged into the school hall. Long, flowing locks of black were trailing behind her, eyes of blue oceans glistened with tears.

"John! John!" She chanted, her voice broke in-between. She fell into John's arms. Metilda's eyes still held John's. She wasn't going to let him affect her. 

 Her eyes were glassy, her face was flushed red from effort to keep the emotions buried within.

  Challengingly, she smiled at him.  Appearing the happiest and relieved she could enact to be. 

Even though, she wished she could be the one held by his strong arms and breathe in his strong scent.

But then Jannet pulled away and kissed him hard on his lips. John nearly fell backwards by the impact. He kissed her back nevertheless. It took him a second, to forget about his wife who was standing few feet away. 

Jannet was always there for him and that's all that mattered.

Not his wife, who he was about to lose moments ago.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

Once Louis went outside to play with the neighbor's daughter, Bo, Metilda rushed to the bathroom. She had been holding herself together for too long, smiling and laughing with her son, appearing calm with the officers.

She poured out some painkillers and chugged them down her parched throat.

"I don't care. I don't care. I don't care." She whispered over and over again. "I won't cry. I won't cry. I won't cry."

Slowly, she sunk onto the cold tiled floors and then screamed into her hands.

Cheeks stained red, eyes that no longer held happiness, stared blankly at the wooden cabinets.

...If only there had been painkillers for the heart...

.

.

.

.

.

.

Note:  I have no words left this time around.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 28 29
Why are you doing this to me please leave me. Darling I married you I treated you like a princess I did everything every single thing a girl can ask...
21.4K 481 24
The newly widowed Prince of Wales interviews young Lady Diana Spencer for the nanny position to take care of his young sons. Since losing their mothe...
404K 15.7K 37
**COMPLETED** ~ * ~ * ~ "Just. Leave. Me. Alone!" I ordered pushing him away but he didn't seem to budged. Instead of backing off, he only moved clos...
199K 8.3K 57
"I am sorry but I love her, I want her. I just don't feel for you anymore." The sound of his heartbeat slowly faded from her mind, and his laugh no...