Intertwined fate | Arthdal Ch...

By yeahimgoodthanks

Current Word Count = 28.5k+ Follow along on the fate of Doyun who he along with his twin sister Tanya are pus... More

Chapter one ¹ | Tanya, Doyun and Eunseom
Chapter three ³ | Stealing the land
Chapter four ⁴ | Doyun of the Wahan Tribe
Chapter five ⁵ | Arthdal
Chapter six ⁶ | The Union Leaders Fall

Chapter two ² | The Spirit of Flowers Ceremony

177 12 3
By yeahimgoodthanks

• • • • • • •

Doyun sighs playing with a piece of his hair wondering if he should cut it soon while continuing walking towards the sacred place where he'd train with Tanya to learn the spirit dance with the great mother. As they usually did.

Once arriving he noted that Tanya and Choseol their mother was already there causing him to dip his feet into the low water moving carefully over to his family. They always do the spirit dance training in the shallow water where it went up to their ankles. In front of them was a large old tree that's trunk at the bottom was naturally slightly carved out, a sacred place of the Wahan Tribe.

Standing next to Tanya while their mother prepared a few things Doyun moved his hand over to Tanya who took it giving it a slight squeeze sending each other encouraging looks. Dropping hands when Choseol turned around to face them.

"For I wish to see, So I come before you." Both Doyun and Tanya spoke out loud calmly in unison as they usually did before the dance. With that said the three started the spirit dance.

"Three steps back." Choseol spoke out calmly before doing as she said the twins behind her following her instructions the water moving and sloshing with their feet as they did. At first, the twins followed their mothers dance moves perfectly, which if anyone were to see them could notice how much concentration they were putting in.

Doyun and Tanya both started to whistle the all too familiar bird tune they'd been taught to whistle during the spirit dance, in perfect sync. As they danced a bird with the same pitch tune came fluttering down and onto Choseol's arm even if she wasn't the one whistling before flying off.

The spirit dance now picking up pace ever so slightly and reeked ancient energy from the certain moves they used, the twins not whistling at this part concentrating on the way they angle their arms and keep their posture right while dancing.

Stepping backward three times again the moves picking up considerable pace as the seconds went by moves becoming bolder. The three getting to the stage of kneeling in the water as their hand movements mingled with the shallow water around them.

As quick as they were kneeling in the water they were back to standing as they continued the dance with twists and turns slowly entering the dance as well. As they were nearing the end of the spirit dance Doyun from the corner of his eyes could tell Tanya was struggling to keep her balance in the water.

With the last twist, Tanya went down to the water not finishing the last move of the spirit dance causing Doyun to stop as well wobbling as he grabbed onto Tanya's arm gently so she wouldn't accidentally get a face full of water. Though Choseol ignored this finishing the dance off easily as she'd been doing for decades. Only when she had finished did she look over at her children observing Doyun pulling Tanya up from the water.

"This is why you still can't dream. You must learn the dance and start dreaming. Only then will you be allowed to learn the spell of the great white wolf." Choseol bluntly stated to her daughter who looked down while Doyun held back a sigh looking towards his mother.

"I'm still struggling with the spirit dance as well great mother yet I can dream. Tanya is just a bit tired today from what happened earlier." Doyun defended his sister though their mother wasn't having it.

"No you aren't struggling with it Doyun you're refusing the dance, you need to learn to except that you'll one day become one-half of the great siblings as it was what was destined for you." Choseol spoke staring her son down who diverted his attention elsewhere not thinking he could handle the way his mother stared at him.

Doyun had a lot on his mind lately especially recently with the number of dreams he's having tripling more than normal though he kept that to himself. Doyun should have known his mother was easily able to notice he was pushing back from his title. As he stood there silently rubbing his sisters' back soothingly his thoughts were preoccupied with a few things.

A guy who looked just like Eunseom from his dreams but wearing and living in such a strange different place in his dreams, A weird big thing against the black cliffs in his dreams and also a group of men seemingly from some sort of weird tribe Doyun had deducted with weird tools in his dreams. Doyun doubted his dreaming abilities a lot so he chalked up most of his dreams recently to be faulty and not right just his imagination.

Leaning down towards Tanya's ear Doyun whispered to her that in the morning they could wake up early and go train if she wanted to. Tanya nodding liking the idea since they were so close to mastering the spirit dance. The two not noticing Eunseom who lingered far enough away not to be noticed watching them with a small frown after witnessing what had happened.

• • • • • • •

Just like how they'd both planned yesterday night the two twins woke up early to get to the sacred place and started practicing the spirit dance together in sync. Doyun catching Tanya from falling again but the two lost balance both ending up sitting in the shallow water.

Their mother only now arriving a little while later walking up behind them as they sat in the water while Tanya voiced out her thoughts.

"I cannot hear the voice of the spirits. And unlike you, Doyun and I cannot memorise the dance for summoning spirits. Doyun can dream but seems troubled these days as if he doesn't believe in himself anymore with his dreaming abilities meanwhile I can't even dream yet." Tanya spoke out staring upwards with her voice slightly shaky as she spoke quietly enough for all three of them to hear.

Doyun frowning at how Tanya had also noticed his lack in the belief of his abilities like his mother had the night beforehand though he wasn't surprised as Tanya was his twin and easily could tell when something was up with him and vice verse with him to Tanya.

"Why can't we even run away with Eunseom?" Tanya asked out just wanting to leave this place with her twin and best friend.

"Because you both are tied here." Choseol responded to Tanya's question though the twins knew this already in a sense. Tanya though turned to look up at her mother asking her what specifically are both herself and her brother tied to.

"Your names. Your name Tanya and Doyun's name. Being a member of the Wahan Tribe. The fact you are Yeolson's children, the next great siblings... and the children of the prophecy about the Azure Comet." Choseol explained staring at her children.

"So your name can tie you down like a spell." Tanya summarised Choseol's words before she asked another question genuinely curious. "Do you think Eunseom wants to leave because he too is tied to a name?" This question catching Doyun's attention wanting to know his mothers' opinion on it since he'd listened to the conversation beforehand between his mother and Eunseom when he'd pretended to be asleep the other day.

"Even every plant has a name. He can't be an exception. And as you both very well know Eunseom climbed down the great black cliff. He should go back." Choseol spoke her opinion out though Doyun moves his head up to look at Choseol nose scrunching slightly.

"Didn't you say the great white wolf climbed down the black cliff as well? She never went back up." Doyun asked their mother catching her off guard as Tanya looked between them also noticing the flaw in their mothers logic.

"Those were his mother's last words you know." Choseol diverts the attention away from her flawed logic to speak about Eunseom's mother instead.

"But it doesn't seem like he will leave right away. It seems like things are tying him down here for the time being." Choseol stated eyeing her children but more so giving Doyun a pointed look. One Doyun didn't catch as he shared a glance with Tanya instead. With that Choseol left the two be and practice alone today without her.

• • • • • • •

Eunseom was squatting down next to the horse he had previously planned on skinning. He was having problems getting the horse to stand up ever since he put a rope around the horse's neck to prevent it from running away.

Eunseom even tried helping the horse stand up by trying to lift it up though that didn't help one bit, complaining as he did so not noticing Tanya and Doyun walking up watching the scene in amusement.

Tanya is the one to strike up the conversation asking what Eunseom was trying to do. Eunseom moving over to stand beside them leaning slightly on Doyun tired from trying to lift the horse pointing at it explaining he couldn't get the horse to even stand up because of the rope on its neck.

"What are you even doing here I thought you said you were leaving?" Doyun asked Eunseom nudging him so that Eunseom wasn't leaning on him anymore causing Eunseom to put his hands on his hips turning to look at Doyun.

"I will leave. After you and Tanya master the spirit dance. When Tanya learns how to dream and you both become the great siblings." Eunseom retorted gesturing to Doyun before doing the same when talking about Tanya.

"Why?" Tanya spoke up from where she was crossing her arms amused while Doyun hums wanting to know his reason why as well looking at Eunseom with a small knowing smile.

"Well, you know..." Eunseom stalled trying to think of something before looking at them "The weather is too warm." Causing the twins to smile at Eunseom's excuse but secretly happy he'd be staying longer.

"How are you going to master the dance without me?" Eunseom proudly stated causing Tanya to scoff as she moved closer to him and Doyun already coming up with a retort. Patting Doyun's shoulder causing him to give his sister a confused look.

"Doyun will teach me he's nearly got it down and only stalls at the end because of me because he's concentrating on both of us instead of just him." Tanya spoke out pointedly both Tanya and Eunseom looking over at Doyun.

"No comment." Was Doyun's blunt reply shrugging before gesturing for Tanya to go with something else.

"Besides I don't think you should be worried about us right now. You can't even get him up how are you going to ride him?" Tanya observed looking at the dark brown horse who seemed to be relaxing where he sat.

"That's what I'm saying. Why is he so stubborn! He's even more stubborn than you Tanya, He's just as stubborn as Doyun." Eunseom exclaimed loudly not thinking as Doyun gives Eunseom a look asking what that was supposed to mean.

Though Eunseom ignored the slightly offended Doyun suddenly getting an idea that he voiced out to the twins. That he had to just ride the horse and even though the horse wouldn't get up he still would technically be riding the horse if he was just sitting on the horse.

Causing Tanya to go off on him asking if Eunseom was enjoying this and that even though he may get kicked out Eunseom found it all amusing. As silence followed Eunseom ended up stalling before agreeing causing Tanya to yell out annoyed while Doyun refrained from smacking the back of Eunseoms' head.

"Well you see, This is making my mouth dry and it feels as if someone is tickling my chest. So in a way, I guess it is a bit amusing. Is this an illness or something?" Eunseom tried to explain himself but very badly.

"You really won't take this seriously? If you can't do it you'll actually be banished. If you're banished as a thief, you won't even reach the sea of tears. Members of other tribes will kill you." Tanya spoke out to Eunseom trying to drill it into his head seeing as he wasn't taking it seriously.

Though as she nagged Eunseom he only looked up at her silently mimicking her words mockingly causing Doyun to give him a look that screamed 'stop it' to which Eunseom looked back down again picking at the grass next to the horse.

"If you keep doing things because they amuse you, you could actually die!" Tanya ended her worried ranting though Eunseom only looked back up at her.

"Gosh stop worrying. I've been through all sorts of things, but I'm still alive." Eunseom spoke out before tapping his foot and then his nose while continuing "I didn't hurt a single toenail or my nose." Causing both Tanya and Doyun to sigh at the familiar annoying words.

"You say that all the time! Fine! Do whatever you want." Tanya says slamming a carrot into Eunseom's hand before starting to walk away while Eunseom thanked her for the carrot trying to get the horse to eat the carrot though Tanya suddenly stopped walking and Doyun's body tensed.

The twins hearing a faint voice asking them to give it a name. Tanya turned on the spot to look at Doyun who gave her a surprised look and she mouthed to her brother if he had heard that voice as well only getting a nod from Doyun. The two walking over to look at the horse again.

Eunseom not noticing the twins actions too annoyed the horse wouldn't even eat a carrot let alone stand up taking a bite of the carrot instead himself. Doyun was surprised they'd heard the horse because it meant they'd heard a spirit before they both finished learning the spirit dance.

"Have you named the horse yet?" Doyun and Tanya asked Eunseom at the same time causing Eunseom to be unsettled by their synced speaking and about something so random.

"Name? No, not yet." Eunseom responded casually looking at the twins before moving over to the tree trunk next to them sitting on it. Doyun observed Tanya before giving her a reassuring look pushing her gently to the horse to give it a name.

Doyun could already dream and he knew if Tanya did this by herself she'll gain more confidence in her abilities. Tanya moved to press a hand on the horses head softly patting it looking as if she was deep in thought. Though she seemed to make up her mind and thoughts before grabbing out her sharp tool cutting the rope that tied the horse in place.

"Hey! Wait stop! What are you doing! Don't do that!" Eunseom jumped down from the tree trunk he was on seeing Tanya cutting the rope but Doyun moved to put his hand on Eunseom's chest causing him to stop moving.

"I tied him to something else. It may not work though." Tanya says causing Doyun to remember his mother's words from this morning about how we are all tied down to something usually because of names. Doyun wondered if Tanya had tied down the horse to Eunseom and mentally noted to ask her later.

After Tanya had cut the rope the horse stood up without a problem and even stayed in place. Eunseom shocked at how easy Tanya had gotten the horse to stand asking how she even did that.

"Even every plant has a name." Tanya says though Eunseom had no idea what it meant but Doyun did as it was the words their mother had spoken this morning. Doyun would have rolled his eyes hearing his sister quote their mother like that if it wasn't for the situation they were in.

Eunseom next to Doyun muttering out while watching the horse about what she was even going on about but turned to look over at Tanya when she spoke again.

"His name is Helper." Tanya told the two the name she'd picked out for the horse and Doyun couldn't agree more with the chosen name. Before she walked off leaving the two alone.

"Helper? Mm, you're taller than I imagined now that you're standing up." Eunseom spoke towards the horse looking at it before biting the carrot again causing Doyun to smile grabbing the rest of the carrot and feeding it to the horse who gladly ate it.

"What? Tanya got the horse to stand up and you got it to eat the carrot." Eunseom spoke out confused how the horse refused to do so for him but had no trouble doing it for the twins.

At Eunseom's words, Doyun just grinned cutely shrugging moving to pet the horse gently who nudged its head against Doyun enjoying his touch. Though as Doyun pet the horse his thoughts went back to one of his recent dreams about the black cliff wondering why there was something strange against the cliff but shook it off as him dreaming wrong.

"Doyun I heard you wanted to cut your hair shorter." Eunseom suddenly spoke up moving to stand beside Doyun looking at his pretty collar bone length hair and fringe while Doyun only hums.

"Yeah, I was thinking about changing it maybe." Doyun explained touching his hair with his free hand before continuing to explaining what he wanted to do. It was a wolf haircut style for wavy curly hair basically.

"Any hairstyle would suit you Doyun." Eunseom blurted out without thinking causing Doyun to look over at him and giving him a grin saying teasing "Really?" Eunseom coughing awkwardly walking away slightly flustered that he'd blurted his thoughts out loud.

• • • • • • •

A few days later Doyun and Tanya were both in the main village part of the tribe since it was finally the spirits of flower ceremony which usually lasted a few days. They had to be present around the village since they had an important role being the children of Yeolson and Choseol.

Doyun had already done his face paint and had the same style as Tanya's so that they matched like they did every year of this ceremony. Doyun had ended up also going with his gut and cutting his hair in a wolf style haircut.

Doyun was helping one child with his face as they painted all their faces during this ceremony. Doyun smiling brightly at the boys' cute giggles from the paint tickling his face. Tanya painting someone else's face somewhere nearby.

Though once both of them were finished Tanya spotted their mother causing her to move over to Doyun nudging him and pointing at their mother with her head silently.

The two walk over to their mother not being able to help but follow her around as the two silently fought over who had to talk to Choseol. Doyun gesturing for Tanya to do it while she gestured for him to do it.

"Why are you both following me around looking all antsy." Choseol ended up suddenly turning around to look at them expecting an answer. Doyun sighing and deciding to just go for it after Tanya gave him a look to do it.

"We're just..." Doyun stalled but talked again after Tanya nudges his arm slightly "About today's ritual can Eunseom-" As Doyun actually was getting to the point he was cut of causing him to click his tongue on the roof of his mouth until he realised who'd interrupted him.

"Great mother Choseol, did you ask for me?" Eunseom being the one to accidentally interrupt the conversation coming over with a smile holding berries.

"Eunseom you should get ready too." Choseol spoke up taking everyone's attention when she noticed both Eunseom and Doyun's eyes lingering on each other for a second too long.

Though Eunseom was cut off guard "Huh Pardon? Oh uh yeah." Eunseom struggled with his words giving Doyun and Tanya a smile before walking off.

As he walked off he handed one of the little girls from the village berries to share with the other kids while she gave him a few bunched up flowers. Tanya looked over at Doyun watching him smiling and following where he was looking to see it was at Eunseom. With a slight nudge, Tanya gestured for Doyun to catch up to him.

"But what about-" Doyun was about to talk about the things they both still had to help out for the village but Tanya cuts Doyun off pushing him gently in the direction Eunseom went.

"It's okay there's not much left to do just go it'll be fine. You can help out later with other things." Tanya reassured her brother with a smile that he returned before walking off. Tanya looked at her mother again who was already watching her causing Tanya to just shrug cheekily before she too went off to help another person with their face painting.

• • • • • • •

Doyun and Eunseom sat on the edge of a low place near the water as Doyun helped paint Eunseom's face and chest since he was finished putting flowers in his hair.

Doyun moving to dab his finger with white paint moving closer to Eunseom faces inches apart as Doyun concentrated on painting a line on Eunseom's chest near his collar bone where his leather sleeveless shirt showed skin.

Eunseom watched enjoying the close view of Doyun's beautiful face before leaning in feeling the moment was right closing his eyes and going to kiss Doyun but froze hearing Doyun's next word.

"Nu-uh not yet Eunseomie. It has to be the right moment." Doyun replied to Eunseom's actions though was smiling amused moving his clean hand to Eunseoms lips pushing him away slightly though Eunseom did the rest moving his head back pretending he was pecking the air casually out of boredom.

Doyun shaking his head amused turning to grab Eunseom a feather necklace before trying to face him again putting it on him and letting his hands rest on Eunseom's shoulder proud of his work so far.

"There, nearly finished." Doyun stated still proud of his work before gesturing to the water as Eunseom touched the feathered necklace liking it before the two of them leaned over to look into the water seeing the paint, flowers and such on them causing them to act giddy with excitement laughing.

Though the laughter died down when they catch each other staring too long at one another before Eunseom cleared his throat getting up.

"About great mother Choseol's dance, there's a part that Tanya always messes up. Do you know that part properly yet? Do you have it all memorized yet?" Eunseom asked Doyun while doing a part of the spirit dance while as he spoke.

Doyun not saying anything causing Eunseom to grab his hands and pull him up telling him to do the spirit dance with him quoting that practice makes perfect. Moving away from the edge of the water where they wouldn't fall, Eunseom started doing the dance perfectly.

"How did you memorise all the spirit dance moves after only seeing it once?" Doyun says through a pout wishing he could do the same.

"You and Tanya are so good at making those bird sounds. I find that more fascinating." Eunseom retorted back still dancing as he complemented Doyun.

Doyun giving in and dancing with Eunseom for a few seconds but stopped and went under an arm Eunseom moved for the dance before being directly in front of Eunseom, face to face.

"Don't ever do this spirit dance in front of other people besides Tanya and I. You can't get caught." Doyun worriedly stated not wanting Eunseom to get into even more trouble than he already was in.

"Don't worry about that. Just follow me. All right. Look okay?" Eunseom reassured Doyun before gesturing for him to turn around which Doyun did and leaned his back slightly against Eunseom's chest.

Eunseom putting both his hands together above them and moving them down causing Eunseom's arms to be around Doyun's head and neck and then letting them drop while Doyun makes a face that Eunseom couldn't see.

"I'm actually pretty good at the dance it's just the ending I haven't fully practiced because of you know." Doyun explained while Eunseom grabbed Doyun's wrist gently moving it in the right dance move from behind him still.

"But don't worry when Tanya has finished memorizing the last bit I'll be able to properly practice the whole dance with her and we'll probably be able to do it by the last day of the ceremony." Doyun explained while moving to the dance himself now, kneeling down with his arms spread open though Eunseom didn't follow along as he heard Doyun's words.

Eunseom remembering Choseol had given him until the end of the ceremony to stay and then he'd have to leave. Giving Doyun's head a small pat as he moved to stand in front of Doyun.

"What about you?" Doyun asked Eunseom wondering what he was thinking looking up at him from where he kneeled.

"Well, I still have a little bit of my blue scab left on my back." Eunseom explained as he let his fingers glide down one of Doyun's arms that was still frozen from the dance move he'd done.

"How little?"

"A tiny bit." Eunseom responded to Doyun's question pouting as he looked upwards causing Doyun to get up from where he was kneeling. "Come on let's finish it." He pulled Eunseom back to their last spot sitting down again.

This time Eunseom took off his leather sleeveless shirt so Doyun could paint on his back and Doyun looked over the now fading scab before trying to think of something to talk about.

"Did you dream again? About your mother?" Doyun ended up asking genuinely curious if he had.

"No. Last night it was of a reoccurring dream of being locked up. I was confined in a place surrounded by rocks. Hanging from the walls were tanned hides with weird drawings on them. Pieces of wood were threaded together and rolled into a cylinder. After unrolling one I laughed." Eunseom explained about a vivid recurring dream he had.

Doyun frowning silently from behind Eunseom recalling having a similar dream though instead of it being first person he'd seen Eunseom, though with long hair and different clothing. But Doyun passed it off as a coincidence.

Though Doyun was abruptly cut out of his deep thoughts as Eunseom turned to face him with a cheeky smile moving close to him and putting something around his neck.

"Eunseom-"

"When you become one half of the great siblings, make sure to wear this." Eunseom cut Doyun's word off speaking instead finished tying the necklace on Doyun's neck moving back.

"Oh, it's a hard stone. It takes quite a while to smooth out the edges like this." Doyun says while holding the necklace and feeling it noting how soft it was around the edges surprised with the sudden gift he'd been given.

"Exactly, you know how hard it is to smooth this stone. I had to sand it down every day over the course of four full moons." Eunseom bragged with a slight smile looking upwards at the sky.

"T-this won't win me over so easily, you know. I'd rather you not cause havoc." Doyun spoke out stuttering at first slightly flustered before looking down at the necklace again. Eunseom watching Doyun with a knowing smile.

"It is pretty though..." Doyun muttered feeling the smooth surface again.

Though Doyun looked up again about to tell Eunseom off for not making Tanya one but was cut off with Eunseom explaining he'd made her a bracelet.

• • • • • • •

Doyun had headed back to the village while Eunseom tried to ride Helper saying he was very close to riding the horse. In the village mainly only children, women and the elderly were there as most of the men had gone out of the village traveling to trade with other tribes for the beginning of the ceremony today.

Doyun didn't go with them because of his title and had to prep everything when he got there however he went to Tanya first to give her the bracelet Eunseom had made his sister smiling when she happily excepted it and Doyun helped wrap it a few times around her wrist before tying it.

The whole village and twins not knowing what the men who went trading had found and what Eunseom was currently finding and running from. Everyone in the village was oblivious to what was about to go down.

Doyun was currently painting another childs' face cooing at her when she giggled from the feeling when the men arrived back with everything they'd left with and nothing traded. Causing everyone to gather around them including Doyun who grabbed the girl letting her sit against his hip holding her while listening in as she played with his hair.

Dalsae walking over to him when he spotted Doyun making sure he was okay causing Doyun to be even more confused until Dalsae and the other men shared the information about the members of the Anja Tribe were found by them and they were all dead.

Many speculating the Wabi Tribe must have killed the men though Choseol shot the idea down stating she had only recently met with them and made peace with them. Though then again some opposed that they could have just broken their promise and that the Wahan Tribe should prepare for war. Choseol not liking the idea as there would be too many casualties.

Dalsae finally speaking up from beside Doyun stating they'd only need to kill the leader and he'd go with Toedae and Buksoe. Doyun nudging Dalsae's arm not liking his plan as others asked what would happen after that. Dalsae retorting that afterwards they'd make the Wabi tribe give back to the Anja tribe and also take away their meat they'd hunted. Dalsae proudly smiling when people complimented his thinking.

"It wasn't the Wabi Tribe!" A sudden voice called out causing everyone to notice an injured Eunseom walk towards them with one hand holding his cut at his arm near his shoulder and the other holding a strange sharp object.

Eunseom's sudden appearance caused Doyun to bit his bottom lip in worry at the sight of Eunseom slightly injured and at the fact it wasn't the Wabi Tribe. Muttering to himself worriedly "If it wasn't the Wabi Tribe... then what... who was it?"

• • • • • • •

Question of the day = What's your current favourite Actor/ Actress?

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter will finally start to get interesting so watch out for the next update :) Also for those wondering what haircut Doyun now has it looks like the photo below but slightly wavy/curlier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 4.9K 82
The story follows Min Y/N and Kim Taehyung, two rivals who are bound to marry to solve the ties between the two families. Their marriage was arranged...
30 4 8
In year 1995 , Queen Lee Fe Yui give birth of twins. The Kingdom overjoyed that she brought a prince to the throne but the overjoyed was short when...
171K 2.4K 14
Your father had recently married to a new woman that is now your new stepmom. Flying over to Korea with him, and your brother, you will soon find ou...
60.7K 1.4K 37
Torn by her own dad, Hyejin finds herself alone with him to protect her mom and little brother. 10 years later, they meet but not how you'd expect it...