Different

By sophielovestowrite

[COMPLETED] Mila Wilson is quiet, anxious and a little bit of a mess. When she finally starts college despite... More

Welcome.
Prologue.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.

72.

3.8K 80 6
By sophielovestowrite

Three days. That's how long we've been at the beach house now. So far, we're all having a great time. Jace was definitely right, it was indeed our last alone time when everyone went grocery shopping. During the day at least. Even though we're seeing each other all day long, I'm craving time for just the two of us. I look forward to being home with Jace again.

"Mila, are you ready? We're just about to head out" Sarah pulls me out of my thoughts. 

I realise that I'm sitting on my bed and have zoned out for a good ten minutes. "Yeah, sorry. I just need to grab my towel, I'll be right there" I smile back at her.

I don't want today's moodiness to bring everyone else down, so I pull myself together before heading down the stairs. Today we're having the promised girl day, and even though I'm slightly anxious this morning, I look forward to it. My throat is feeling a little tight, but I feel like I still have it under control.  Bree and Sarah have always made me feel safe, but it won't be the same feeling without Jace around. It sounds cheesy, but he really is like an anchor to me. I arrive in the kitchen wearing just jean shorts and my bikini top, to see everyone standing around, chatting about the upcoming day. 

"Morning everyone" I say into the round and stand right next to my boyfriend.

He wraps his arm around my waist right away and pulls me close. I sigh in content slightly while leaning into him. "You look good. Excited for your day?" Jace asks me quietly. 

I nod my head back at him. "Thank you. I am, but I missed you in bed this morning" I tell him, talking about the fact that he was up very early.

"Sorry babe, I couldn't sleep, so I went for a run on the beach" he says with empathy. 

"It's okay" I say, wrapping my arms around him too. I don't know why, but I just want to feel him close to me. 

"What's up with you? You're extra cuddly today" Jace states, chuckling slightly. 

"Is it weird that I miss you? Everything's just been so hectic" I say, not wanting to sound stupid.

Jace smirks at my statement, but kisses my head anyway. "How about I'll make it up to you tonight?" he whispers, so no one can hear him. My cheeks turn red at his statement.

"We should totally go clubbing tonight! What do you think lovebirds?" Bree pulls us out of our conversation before I can answer.  

She looks excited, so I don't want to ruin the fun for everybody. Jace smirks at me still, probably thinking the same thing I am. "Sounds good" I say, slightly disappointed about another lost evening with Jace. I really don't know why I'm so needy today, but I guess there's always after the club.

"Alright boys, should we head out?" Austin suggests. 

"What are you guys up to?" I ask, not knowing what's going on yet.

"We're headed out to play baseball" Jace says and my eyes light up. It makes me happy knowing he'll pick baseball up again after seeing him play on campus a little while ago.

"Sounds great. You brought your bat with you?" I say, clueless as to where he would have put it.

"Yeah, it's been in my trunk ever since we played together. Will you be okay here with the girls?" he adds, more quietly and directed towards me.

I nod my head at him. "I think so. We're just going to tan on the beach and then go into town for a little shopping" I explain to him.

"Okay, call me if you need me and I'll be there" Jace says, pressing his lips onto mine gently. Once again I nod my head at him.

"Evans, let's go" Ben chirps in, already grabbing his baseball bat. 

"Alright, I'll see you later babe" my boyfriend says, and with one last kiss he's out the door.

Bree squeals in delight. "I've been looking forward to this, are you guys ready to get your tan on?" she says, taking both Sarah's and mine hand.

"Ready!" Sarah answers and we follow her out of the front porch door. Of course we could just lay by the pool, but we decide to go down to the ocean today. I take a look at Sarah and Bree and notice that these three days have made them tan already, while my skin is still looking pale. 

"You guys are tan already. It always takes me forever" I say, feeling slightly insecure about it. 

"What? I think you're a little tanner already!" Bree remarks, trying to make me feel better.

"Yeah! Tans are overrated anyway. I'm sure Jace doesn't even care" Sarah adds, as we place our towels in the sand.

I think of skinny Jessica with her fake tan right away. "I guess so" I say, sitting down on the towel. We all take our bottoms off and let the sun soak in. A good year ago I would've felt insecure about showing my body in front of others this way, but before attending college I lost about 25 pounds. I was really unhappy with myself back then and I decided that that's one thing I can change. I started counting calories and soon the pounds dropped until I was finally happy about my weight again. That little victory puts a smile on my face, the sound of the ocean only letting it grow bigger. My throat doesn't feel as tight anymore and I think I can finally focus on girls day. 

"What did you guys think of the last few days? Are you having a good time?" Bree asks us, turning around to lay on her belly. 

"Absolutely. This place is so beautiful" I answer right away, copying her. 

"Yeah! It was a great idea you had. But I've been looking forward to girls day too. I feel like being with Ben so much is putting a lot of pressure on our relationship" Sarah admits, clearly wanting to get that off her chest. 

"Really? How so?" Bree asks surprised. 

"We never usually spend this much time together since Ben lives a little further away. Sometimes I think it just gives us more time to fight about stupid things. Or maybe I'm just a little scared about the sudden commitment, I don't know" she answers. 

"Communication's everything, babe. Just tell him. I'm sure you two will figure it out" Bree says and I agree with her. 

"Funnily I feel the complete opposite" I blurt out, thinking about this morning. Bree and Sarah look at me expectantly. "It's like I can't get enough of Jace. I want to be around him all the time, sometimes I feel like he's my anchor. With my panic attacks, you know? That also scares the crap out of me, because what if we don't end up together after all?" I ramble, trying to put my emotions into words.

"Girl, I feel you. It's the same with me and Austin. And I never thought I'd feel that way about someone again, ever since..." she says, but stops herself. She takes a deep breath and I know right away that she's talking about the same thing that she was worried about three days ago, when she couldn't find her cardigan.

"You don't have to tell us, Bree" I let her know, not wanting her to be uncomfortable. 

"It's fine, I really want to. Maybe it's nice to get it off my chest"  she says with another deep breath. "The only reason I left Portland for Seattle in the first place was because I sort of... escaped from an abusive relationship. My last boyfriend... he used to take all of his anger out on me and take advantage of me at night" she says, struggling to find the right words. I see a little tear escaping from her eye and my heart breaks right away. I would've never imagined that something like this happened to her, since Bree is the most positive person that I know.

"Oh Bree" I say, Sarah and me engulfing her in a hug right away. 

She wipes her tears away. "No, it's fine. I've managed to deal with it on my own somehow. But we were at this beach house a lot, which is why I was kind of falling apart on our first night here" she explains, and everything makes sense. 

"We're so sorry" Sarah says, wiping a tear of her own away. "You're so strong" she adds and I can only agree with her. 

"Have you told Austin?" I ask her quietly, with empathy.

She shakes her had vigorously. "No, I couldn't bring myself to yet" she admits. 

"Maybe it'll be good for the two of you? Only if you're ready, of course. But I remember Austin asking me for some advice about you, just after you moved in with him. Maybe he'll be able to understand what's going on with you. I know that it definitely helped with Jace, my panic disorder and me" I explain, not wanting to push her.

"You're right. I think I'll tell him tonight" she says, probably already thinking about the right words for it. 

"You're really brave, Bree. I love you guys so much" Sarah says, as we all engulf each other into a little group hug. We all agree with her, all wiping the remainders of our tears away. 

"Okay okay, enough tough talk. Let's enjoy this day just the three of us" Bree says, and that's just what we do. 

We spend a few more hours in the sun before we all decide that we've had enough. After taking a much needed shower, we make our way into town and I even feel confident enough to drive us there. A little shopping is just what we all needed and about five in the afternoon we arrive back at the beach house, exhausted from our day. 

Stumbling in the door with a bag full of clothes, I smell something amazing.I look around the kitchen and spot my boyfriend with a kitchen towel over his shoulder, stirring something in a pan, just like when he cooked for me at his apartment. Hot.

The girls go to find their boyfriends and I join Jace in the kitchen. "Smells amazing in here" I say, hopping onto the counter. 

Jace almost drops the spoon he's holding and turns around to face me. "You scared the shit out of me" he says, quickly recovering from the startle.

His reaction makes me chuckle. "Sorry. You're cooking for everybody?" I ask him as he walks over towards me to stand in between my legs. 

He places a gentle kiss on my lips.  "Yeah. Did you have a good day?" he asks me, laying both of his hands on my thighs. 

"I did. How was baseball?" I answer right back. 

His eyes light up right away. "Good. Kicked the boy's asses" he smirks at me half jokingly.

"I'm not surprised" I chuckle back at him to feed his ego. "Can I help you with anything? I can set the table?"

"Sounds good, thank you. I think the boys are in the pool, you could let them know dinner's almost ready" he answers and returns to the stove.

"Sure" I say and do just what I was told. Minutes later we all sit around the table together and enjoy the amazing meal Jace has prepared for us.

"What are we wearing tonight ladies?" Sarah asks into the round. 

"Dresses! No exceptions" Bree says, glancing over towards me.

I smirk right back at her. "I'm not even sure I brought one" I answer, knowing I might be uncomfortable tonight.

"Don't worry, you can borrow one of mine. I brought multiple" she says and shrugs her shoulders. Even Austin has to crack a smile at her.

"Of course you did" he mutters under his breath, earning himself a slap on the shoulder from his girlfriend.

"So, you're in?" Bree asks me one more time.

"Okay" I say, not wanting to tell her no. 

"Yay" she squeals, along with Sarah. "I have just the perfect one for you. Should we get ready?" she adds, taking the last bite of her food. Here we go, club night.

___________________________

How's club night going to go? 

Get ready for the next chapter... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 595 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
3.1K 222 33
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
1M 21.5K 52
Guardians of Freecaster High #1 "That doesn't make any sense. You were the one who left me. You didn't care anymore." "If I didn't care, Alexis, then...
400K 11.2K 40
Kierra Rogers is a shy, smart student who stays out of the spotlight. She also has a secret and a past that still effects her. Jordan Williams is the...