Protector of the Crown

By MandySAuthor

COMPLETED BOOK I was trained to be a weapon for the kingdom. I was forced into servitude to the King after my... More

Dedication
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
Thank You!

Chapter Twelve

8 1 0
By MandySAuthor

Chapter Twelve

I was warm and deep in sleep when I felt Jax's hand gently cradle my cheek, "Mia, wake up."

"Did they find us?" I gasped, sitting up.

"Shh, no," he laughed, pulling me back into the seat, "No, we'll be at the gate in five minutes. I figured you'd want to make sure you were awake before anyone saw you."

"Thank you," I smiled, looking out the window. It was completely dark out; we must have been driving for hours.

We arrived before Prince Marcus and Grant, they were likely being extra cautious with the Crowned Prince.

When we made our way into the palace entrance the King was waiting, "I'm glad you're safe, son," he said to Jackson, looking over his son's shoulder to look for his favorite son.

"You too, father," Jackson said.

"Yes, now go get some rest. The ball is still scheduled for tomorrow. The streets should be cleaned up by tonight," he said coldly.

I felt nauseous, knowing exactly what he meant by "cleaned up." I looked at Jackson and we walked upstairs silently.

"I think you should sleep tonight, don't worry about me," Jackson said, "I think I'll stay in tonight."

"Really? Joe said you haven't stayed in your room for months, and that was before I was with you," I said, looking up at him before we separated to our separate wings of the palace.

"I'm feeling pretty good tonight," he said, a subtle smile on his lips.

I was feeling a little bit more energized after my nap, but after all that had happened today, I could use a full night's rest.

"If you change your mind tell Joe," I smiled, "And then I'll find you."

Jackson smiled and took my hand. He lifted it to his lips and kissed it lightly, "Good night, Ms. Luther."

"Goodnight, Prince Jackson," I smiled, feeling my body flush as I walked away.

After I had made my way to my room I took a moment to sit and brush out my hair, like my mother used to do. Then I took off my stale uniform and tossed on a tank top, hopping into my fluffy white bed.

As much as I wanted to sleep I couldn't. I was suddenly frozen and aching for a warmth I could only get from one person, warmth that wasn't external, but that filled my whole body and soul. I couldn't understand it before, but after today I knew.

I flung myself out of bed and threw open my door. I had to find Jax. I knew he wouldn't sleep, so I would run to the library.

Rather than finding an empty hallway, I slammed into a strong chest, "Jax!" I gasped.

"Where are you going?" he said, steadying me.

I blushed, "To find you."

Jax grinned, "In your underwear?"

"Oh, I forgot about-"

Jax running his hands through my hair cut me off. I put my hands on his elbows and pulled him into my room, I didn't need passerbys seeing the Prince in my doorway. Jax gently pushed the door shut with his foot. When the door had clicked shut he wrapped one hand around the back of my neck and the other around my waist, turning me so my back was to the door.

"I'm going to kiss you now," he murmured, his face moving closer to mine.

I smiled, "Why are you telling me?"

"So you don't hit me," he smiled back.

Both our smiles fell as he inched closer. Before I could say anything else Jax's lips settled gently onto mine. Due to my upbringing I never experienced dating, or even a first kiss. Despite my lack of knowledge, I found it hard to imagine all first kisses felt like this. For the first time in my life I felt protected, I felt every fiber of my being suddenly on fire, I felt, I felt like a piece of me that was missing was finally found.

Jax pulled back slightly, but I wrapped my hands around the back of his neck and pulled him back to me. He kissed me harder this time, wrapping his arms around my body and lifting me to his height. I whimpered, the heat and intensity of his lips on mine almost too much.

With a growl Jax pushed me up against the door. I gasped at the impact, which allowed Jax to deepen the kiss, his tongue exploring my mouth, tasting me and owning me.

I moaned and pulled him closer to me. I needed him close to me, I'd spent too long ignoring what I was feeling and pushing him away. I could never go back to that, kissing him was like taking a new breath of fresh air.

"Mia," he whispered, pulling back slightly.

I pulled back and looked into those stormy gray eyes, flared up with an extra twinkle I'd never seen in them before.

"Yes...?" I whispered back.

He lifted a hand to my eyes, "I could spend the rest of my life looking into those emerald eyes," he whispered, like he couldn't help but say it, "I dream of them in my few hours of sleep, I dream of them looking at me the way you are now, finally wanting me."

I ran my hands over the little stubble on his cheeks, he must have not shaved in the morning, "I've always wanted you, Jax, I just didn't know how to accept it," I whispered, kissing his softly on his lips, "And for the record, any good dreams I have are of you, of your stormy gray eyes, of the way I feel when you look at me."

Jax groaned and kissed down my neck. Slowly, with me wrapped around him like a baby koala, he backed up so the back of his knees hit the bed. He sat down slowly. As I lowered I settled my knees on the bed, my legs straddling his, and kissed him deeply, breathing in his scent. I felt as though I had woken up from a dream, my body was on fire and my mind clear. I felt alive.

"Mia? Glorious warrior maiden," Joe's voice said over the speakers.

I pulled back quickly, taking a moment to catch my breath, "Yeah, Joe?"

Jax smiled as he wrapped his large hands around the narrow of my waist and nuzzled my neck, nipping at my skin, causing me to lose my breath again.

"It's almost midnight and your Prince hasn't left his rooms, is that right?"

"Um," I wrapped my hand through Jax's hair and pulled him back roughly to get him to stop, but only making him smile flirtatiously, "Yeah, he said he was going to stay in."

"Well damn, about time. I don't know how the dude functions on so little sleep. Did you get some rest last night? You sounded rough, girl," Joe said. I could hear him bite into an apple.

Jackson's face softened and I let go of his hair, caressing his face, "Yeah, I'm feeling much better," I said, looking into Jackson's eyes.

"Good, I mean you sounded like you had done too much boxing, which makes sense for you...or your heart was ripped in half."

"I'm good, Joe. Thank you for checking," I said as Jax dropped his head against my chest so he was right above my heart.

"Alright, gorgeous. Get that beauty rest you don't need. You've got a ball tomorrow, night."

"Night, Joe," I said.

After Joe signed off Jax lifted his head and looked at me, "Did I hurt you?"

I kissed his nose and climbed out of bed to turn off my side of the intercom. I could still hear Joe if he called, but he couldn't hear me until I flipped the switch back on.

"I hurt myself," I said, looking at him.

Jax reached forward and pulled me towards him, "He said you sounded like you had a broken heart."

I smiled and cupped his cheek, "I broke it myself. I knew what I wanted, but pushed myself away from you," I ran my hands over my face, "I don't even know what to do now."

"Sleep," Jax said, standing up and pulling aside my covers, "Sleep, Mia."

"Are you going to go back to your room?" I whispered, feeling actual fear at the idea of him leaving.

Jax looked at me with wide eyes, "I figured if you hit me, I'd go back, but since you didn't..."

I smiled, "Stay and sleep," I said, crawling into my bed and pulling Jax with me.

Jax lay down next to me and I next to him, until he reached for my far hand and pulled it to him so I was lying on his chest. I squeezed him close to me and fit my head in the crook of his neck.

"How'd you avoid the cameras?" I asked.

"Well your wing doesn't have many and my room has a secret door that leads to the tunnels and one of them takes me close to the east wing, the rest was easy. I grew up here, I know exactly where the blind spots are."

"Secret door?" I laughed, "I thought those were only in fairy tales..."

Jax laughed and I enjoyed the gentle rumble on his chest beneath me, "Remind me to show you the tunnels."

"Do you plan on using them often?"

"Oh yeah, most nights," he laughed as I smirked.

"What are we supposed to do tomorrow?" I asked.

"Well go to the ball of course."

"That's not what I meant, Jax," I said, squeezing him tighter.

"I know..." he whispered to me, his lips kissing my hair, "I don't want to ruin your life or career, but..."

"I need you in my life," I whispered, "Please don't leave me when I finally let you in."

Jax kissed my forehead and pulled me tight, "Then we'll figure out the rest. You're stuck with me, Mia." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 1.3K 47
I really want to say that I cried because of how he humiliated me in front of the king. But no, I knew the truth. I liked him and somewhere deep down...
43 0 20
Ok, so this is my first ever book so please be kind. Having to say goodbye to my mother at only 11 years old to find out I had another family in a co...
764K 33K 60
"Let them go, Dante." I whip my head to see a small boy standing the clearing with blonde hair and a green cloak hanging from shoulders. He isn't ve...
STEPS By Elise

Non-Fiction

15.7K 889 34
This is my memoir. As such, I am letting you in on the most intimate parts of me. No glib opinion piece or a well-thought-out theory, this. It's me...