All about u || Benny Rodrigue...

By ATLONGLASTSOFIA

"It's all about u" A girl goes to stay with a friend for the majority of the summer. She later meets a b... More

Story information
Chapter 1 𒊹︎ Packing and Leaving
Chapter 2 𒊹︎ Teammates
Chapter 3𒊹︎Proving them Wrong
Chapter 4𒊹︎The Beast and The Camp Out
Tiny announcment ig?
Another announcment *lip bite*
Chapter 6𒊹︎Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chapter 7𒊹︎Night Game
HELLOO???
Chapter 8𒊹︎Phillps
Chapter 9 𒊹︎Phillips vs Sandlot
Chapter 10𒊹︎The Fair
Chapter 11𒊹︎Not My Ball
Lil update😵‍💫😵‍💫
Chapter 12𒊹︎Any Ideas?
Chapter 13𒊹︎The Dreams
Chapter 14𒊹︎Face to face with the beast
Chapter 15𒊹︎Mr.Mertle
IMPORTANT QUESTION GUYS

Chapter 5𒊹︎The Pool

848 8 11
By ATLONGLASTSOFIA

(^If you want to, you can play the song above! :] )

Sofia's POV:

I heard giggled and snorting around me and I opened my eyes. The boys started bursting out laughing, wheezing, and snorting. I was confused as to what was so funny, but then I realized that Benny and I cuddled in our sleep and the boys were laughing at us. I immediately gasped and stood up, which caused Benny to wake up.

"I knew you two liked each other!" Squints wheezed.

"Yeah-yeah! You two were cuddling! What's next? Are you going to get busy?" Yeah yeah exclaimed, causing the boys to laugh more.

"NO! That is gross! Besides, we didn't mean to." Benny spat as his face had developed a crimson tint.

"Besides, you need to go get a baseball or else we can't play today!" Benny sat up, attempting to change the topic.

"Yeah-yeah and Squints go get a ball at the store or something. I'll give you money." I added, handing them $2.00 to spend.

"No it's fine I'll pay." Yeah-yeah pushed my hand away from him.

"Suit yourself." I shrugged.

All the boys were dressed except for Benny and I so Squints and Yeah-yeah walked out right away.

I grabbed my clothes that I chose and went to go
and change my outfit in the bathroom while Benny changed in the tree house. The rest of the boys had been waiting outside in the dugout already.

I walked out of the tree house and saw everyone at the dugout. It was hotter than I expected so I looked thorough the mini fridge for a water, but there was only soda so I just grabbed a coke.

I opened the bottle with my teeth because my brother taught me to do it like that and there was no can opener. Benny just stared at me.

"What?" I looked at him.

"You can open it with your teeth? How do you now hurt yourself?"

"My brother taught me, trust me, I've gotten hurt before I could do it perfectly."

"Ouch, that must've hurt like hell." He winced at the thought.

"Yep. It did."

We all just smiled and sat in silence drinking our Soda in the boiling heat.

Yeah-yeah's POV:

"Come on, Give it to me!" I reached trying to get the new baseball from Smalls.

"No, I wanna carry it!" He complained.

"Come on. I paid for it! I wanna carry it." I begged.

I saw Squints completely stop everything he was doing.

"Woah." Squints mumbled.

"Give it to me!" I snatched the ball from his hand while he was mesmerized.

"Geez Louise." He sighed in awe.

"What's the matter?" I smacked his head.

"Geez..." he smiled, continuing to stare foward.

He fixed his glasses and pointed in front of him, "Wendy Peffercorn. Woah." He was completely staring at her and not bothering to look away.

I was so embarrassed of him, but he wasn't wrong, she was very pretty. She had Blonde hair, a mix of blue and green eyes and she had a green plaid dress on along with a matching headband.

She walked past us looking down at Squints and smiling at him. I saw his eyes look down towards her ass, and I just shook my head. He was also smiling like an idiot. Gross.

"Come on let's go we gotta get-"

"No!" He cut me off still staring at the girl.

"We gotta get to the sandlot, let's go!" I whisper-yelled, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him with me.

Sofia's POV:

I finally saw Yeah-yeah and Squints run into the sandlot. Squints couldn't even walk straight, so I was kind of weirded out by that.

"Where've you guys been? We've been waiting here forever already?" Benny went up to them.

"Ah, Squints was pervin' a dish." Yeah-yeah giggled putting the baseball in Benny's palm.

"Shut up. I wasn't." Squints said, adjusting his glasses.

"Yeah-yeah you were! Your tongue was hanging out of your head and you was swoonin'! Oh Wendy Peffercorn! My-"

"BLAHHH" I choked on my coke as soon as I heard Wendy Peffercorn.

Literally. I was on all fours, on the ground coughing and wheezing. The boys didn't even help. They were just staring at me.

"Uh, are you ok?" Kenny asked.

"I-" I stopped as a cough escaped from my throat.

"Does it look like it, Kenny? She is choking on the ground." Benny scoffed.

Benny snapped his fingers in front of my face, which helped my coughing calm down.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I-I- *cough* I know Wendy Pe-*cough* Peffercorn personally." I gasped, patting my own chest to help stop me from coughing.

Squints just grinned wider, it looked creepy.

"Well do you need anything?" Yeah-Yeah tilted his head.

"No I just choked on my coke that's it. Thanks for helping." I sat back down on the bench, recovering from choking and coughing.

"This pop isn't working, Benny. I'm baking like a toasted cheeser! It's so hot here!" Ham whined throwing his mit on the ground.

I wanted to play too, but it was extremely hot outside, even I couldn't last.

"It's 150 degrees out there. You can't play baseball! You've gotta call it for a day!" Squints said moving his hand in a chopping motion. Everyone was agreeing with Squints, even I was.

"Vote then! Anybody who wants to be...a can't-hack-it...panty waste...who wears...their mama's bra, raise your hand!" Benny yelled with irritation in his voice.

Everyone raised their hand.

"Fine, fine, FINE! Be like that. So what are we going to do?" Benny sighed.

Yeah-yeah smirked and looked at the other boys. In unison, the boys yelled, "Scam Pool Honey's!"

I got up from my seat and grabbed my stuff.

"Where are you going?" Yeah-yeah asked.

"Home to change...why?" I shrugged.

"Take Benny with you. He probably wants to see." Squints wiggled his eyebrows.

"Aw, that sucks for you because I was going to put in a good word for you to Wendy, but I guess not!" I shrugged, beginning to turn around.

"WAIT! I WILL STOP." I wheezed at his sudden response.

"Woah, you're down astronomically!" I laughed walking to Wendy's house.

I remembered that Wendy was a life-guard so this would be even more awkward than it had to be.

(Squints every time he hears about Wendy^)

I was barely leaving the sandlot when I heard music blasting behind me. I instantly knew the song cause it was one of my favorites.

"Too Short..." I mumbled. I turned to see a light red impala with silver rims stop next to me.

"Need a ride?" The man in the car asked. I looked inside of the car.

"OSCAR?!" I yelped.

I immediately jumped in the passenger seat and hugged him as tightly as I could. He hugged my back with one hand and turned down the volume with the other.

"Why are you all the way over here?"

"I could be asking you the same thing."

"You tell me. I asked you first."

"Fine. I came to meet a friend over here."

"Me too!"

"Why are you at a baseball field?"

"I was playing with some new friends I made."

"Are they boys?" He sat up.

"Maybe, why does it concern you?"

Spooky just scoffed and began getting the car back on the road but before we could, the sandlot boys were walking by.

"Hi guys!" I stuck my head out the window.

"Hey Sofie!" Benny waved, trying to act as casual as possible.

"This is my brother, Oscar!" I smiled moving out of the way.

All of the boys stiffened and got scared. I swear, this happens everytime!

"Uhm...h-hi." Benny waved his hand but it was very shaky.

"Hello Oscar-"

"Just call me Spooky." He cut him off.

Benny nervously laughed and took his hand back.

"You don't have to be scared of me. I won't hurt you unless I have to." Oscar smirked and sped off leaving the gas from the engine in the boys faces.

Benny was so terrified of Spooky, it was pretty cute.

"Can you drop me off and Wendy's house?"

"Yeah sure." Spooky has driven me to Wendy's house before.

The car ride was just me mumbling the lyrics to the song with Spooky.

(I am actually still so shocked that I've memorized this song since I was like 4 HAHAHA)

"Turn your location on so I can find you if I'm bored." I laughed.

Spooky scoffed playfully, "Just have fun, ok?"

"Okay. I love you, bye!" I smiled walking inside.

I looked for a bathing suit in my suitcase and just took the first one I could find.

I put on denim shorts and an unzipped jacket in case, but I most definitely wouldn't need it in this weather.

I got a little backpack and I put sunscreen, water, extra clothes in case of anything, glasses, a cap, my phone, headphones, and other stuff.

I slipped on my sandals and got a towel, then I left and walked to the pool which was surprisingly not far away. It was just a quick 5 minute walk.

I walked into the pool area and before I went in, I waved at Wendy. She took off her sunglasses and gave my a wide smile. She waved back very fast and then went back on duty before she would get in trouble.

Before I could even go near the pool I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and carry me to the deep end of the pool.

"Can you swim?" Benny asked in my ear.

"What the hell? Of course I can but why are- OOOAAAAAAHHH!" Benny threw me in the pool. He jumped in right after me.

"What the fuck Benny!" I said getting the hair out of my face.

"What? It was funny!" He laughed

"To you! I almost died!"

"Oh, whatever. Get on my back."

"Wha-"

"Just do it."

"Fine but do not throw me." I wrapped my legs around his torso and I wrapped my hands around his neck.

He gripped my thighs to make sure I wouldn't fall, it felt so strange, but I felt comfortable with Benny.

He walked towards the boys who were play fighting in the water.

"Look who is here!" Benny smiled.

The boys said "yay" and "finally". I got down from Benny's back so I could walk on my own.

The sandlot boys and I were just playing by pushing and throwing each other in the water, but something about Benny was off. He kept staring at me the whole time but I thought nothing of it.

We probably just coincidentally made eye contact randomly. After a few minutes, I was confused as to why the boys were grouping together staring ahead of them as if they saw Kylie Jenner, although I don't blame them. I find Kylie pretty hot, myself.

I looked and noticed that they were staring at Wendy. What weirdos, she probably feels uncomfortable. She didn't notice that they were staring. She was just applying sunscreen, I don't know what was so hot about that.

"Aw, man." Benny said. I couldn't tell if he complementing her or not.

"Yeah-yeah. Too cruel." Yeah-yeah shook his head.

"She don't know what she's doing." Timmy said.

"She don't know what she's doing." Tommy repeated, as usual.

"Yeah she does. She knows exactly what she's doing." Benny argued.

Well, I was not surprised by his response whatsoever. How could I be so stupid to think that he actually liked me?

That wasn't the only reason I was upset. Poor Wendy must've felt so uncomfortable with guys that are 4 years younger than her staring at her in nasty ways.

I just decided to go back home, I started feeling a bit sick, anyway. My irritation and hot weather don't mix well at all.

Before I could swim away, Benny turned to me, "What's wrong? Where are you going?"

"Why does it concern you?" I whipped my head around to face him.

He couldn't find an answer so I just scoffed and got out of the pool.

I saw Squints get out of the pool but he wasn't coming towards me so I just ignored him.

I went inside of the locker rooms and Began drying off. I put on my clothes that I was wearing before and slipped on my sandals.

As I quickly brushed out my hair, a girl came up to me. She looked 2 years younger than me,

"Hey! You might wanna see this, some kid drowned and the lifeguard is saving him." I immediately sat up and shoved my hairbrush in my bag.

"Thanks for telling me!"

"Your welcome!" She shouted as I ran out of the doors. Wendy had saved Squints.

I ran up to the boys and stood between Benny and Yeah-yeah.

"What the fuck happened?" I whisper-yelled to yeah-yeah.

"Squints jumped in the deep end, but he can't swim." He turned to me.

"Come on, Wendy, you can do this!" I shouted in my mind. The boys kept trying to cheer squints into waking up.

"Come on, Squints, Squints." Ham whined to himself.

"Come on, Squints. Come on!" Timmy yelled.

"Come on Squints! You can do it! Pull through, bud!" Smalls shouted.

"Come on, man. Come on!" Benny mumbled eagerly.

"Yeah-yeah. He looks pretty crappy." Yeah-yeah shook his head.

"Squints! Come on, man." Tommy whined.

"Oh, God. He looks like a dead fish." Bertram winced.

I glared, now was really not the time to make those comments. I mean, what if he never woke up? I quickly erased that thought from my head because that was making me more anxious than I already was.

Squints opened his eyes and smiled at us. Everyone stepped back in confusion, but Wendy didn't even notice.

I was about to shout to Wendy to stop, but as soon as she put her mouth on his to transfer air, he grabbed the back of her hair and pushed her face, causing the so-called kiss to be deeper.

She screamed and pushed herself off of him.

"Little pervert!" She shouted.

"Oh man, he's in deep shit." Timmy whispered.

She immediately yanked him up and dragged him towards the exit, the other boys following her.

I just stood there trying not to laugh at him. Not with him, at him.

I didn't even bother to follow them. I just went to the other exit. I went to Wendy's house to shower. I just threw on short shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I sat down on the couch and just decided to watch mean girls(I LOVE THAT MOVIE).

(A little spoiler of mean girls, Ig?) I was at the part of the movie where Regina says "Get in loser, we're going shopping!" , then I heard the door open.

Wendy walked in the door holding her bag with lifeguard stuff in it. I immediately paused the movie and ran up to her, giving her a fat hug.

"Woah, what happened?"

"I am so so so sorry about what Squints did to you!"

"Oh no! Don't worry about it, it's fine. I actually quite enjoyed it." Wendy giggled.

"Can we go to your room? I have to talk to you about something."

"Of course!"

I walked upstairs with Wendy and we both sat on her bed.

"Okay, so there is this boy from the sandlot that I really like. I haven't even known him for that long, but I really like him."

"Do you have a picture of him?"

"Yeah, let me find one." I scrolled to find a random photo he took on my Snapchat.

"The one on the left." I pointed.

"Aw, he's cute! You two look so good together! I think you would be an amazing couple."

"That's the thing I'm trying to say. He flirts with me and makes jokes about me sleeping on his chest and when he talks about his so-called crush he describes me perfectly, but he says doesn't even like me when things are serious or when he is teased." I sighed, putting my head in my hands.

"It is kind of weird that he describes you but then says he doesn't like you." Wendy agreed.

"He said 'she knows exactly what she's doing' at the pool because all the boys were watching you put on your sunscreen."

"Sofia, I'm so sorry-"

"No! It isn't your fault Wendy, you've got to stop blaming yourself. Besides, if Benny doesn't like me, it's fine. There is plenty other boys out there." I sighed, trying to force a smile.

"What makes me upset is that I felt bad that they were staring at you like perverts and I thought you might be uncomfortable because it is weird having guys that are in like...5th or 6th grade stare at you when you're literally a high school sophomore." I hugged her.

I really did feel bad. To be honest, I could care less about the Benny situation. I was just mad because I thought the sandlot boys were better than this.

"I love you so much Sofia. You don't even understand. You're always so considerate and you always put others before yourself. You're probably the most amazing best friend I've ever had." Wendy looked into my eyes.

She engulfed me in the tightest hug I've ever done. I hugged back.

"Wendy, you're like my sister. Of course I'm always going to look out for you." I pulled back and looked at her.

"Okay, this conversation is really getting corny and depressing. Let's go finish mean girls."

Wendy laughed pulling me by the arm to the living room. I laughed following her.

A/N: OMFGGGG this chapter is so long. I am sorry if it was a lot to read, but I really hope you enjoyed it, and I also hope you enjoy the next chapter!
-Sofia<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.6K 568 28
I do not own the sandlot characters but I do own the other ones and most of the story it's 2020 Benny is a 17 year old baseball player and he has be...
94.5K 1.5K 16
Elizabeth's mother died just a year ago and her father Bill already found another woman to marry. Now they are moving 1000 miles away from where they...
171K 2.4K 16
{Benny "the Jet" Rodriguez x reader} This is my first story so sorry if it's kind of trashy :D I've seen many Benny Fics that are not x reader so I...
4.2K 43 22
☆FemReader Y/n Y/l/n just moved to San Fernando Valley. Y/n fears she won't know anyone in the town. However, she is surprised to find an old friend...