JAX [1]

By storyforfun3311

Everyone has a place where they belong, ... More

A/N
•Cast•
•Prologue•
•Chapter 1: The Test•
•Chapter 2: The Ceremony•
•Chapter 3: A New Home•
•Chapter 4: Training Day 1•
•Chapter 5: Tattoos & Training Day 2•
•Chapter 6: Training Day 3•
•Chapter 7: Training Day 4•
•Chapter 8: The War Games•
•Chapter 9: Get Your Head In The Game•
•Chapter 10: Training Day 5•
•Chapter 11: Training Day 6•
•Chapter 12: A Change of Plans•
•Chapter 13: Albert/Al•
•Chapter 14: Tobias•
•Chapter 15: The Final Test•
•Chapter 16: What The Hell's Going On?•
•Chapter 17: Sad Goodbyes•
•Chapter 18: Dauntless•
•Chapter 20: It's Go-Time•

•Chapter 19: Finding Four•

2.3K 49 0
By storyforfun3311

Jax's POV

I followed the wires all the way to another room. I saw Erudite standing around a bunch of computers. The one in the middle looked like it would be the control computer. I saw on a screen that Dauntless had Abnegation against the wall. That wasn't good. I sighed and looked around, but my eyes stopped on a freighting sight. It was Four. He was sitting in a chair, restrained, and had wires on his head and right hand. I quickly limped over to him, seeing my face on the screen behind him.

"Hey." I said. "I'm getting you out of here." I pulled out the knife my mom gave me earlier and used it to cut the restrains off Four. Suddenly, as soon as his restrains were off, he knocked the gun and knife out of my hands. As he got up, he pushed me away and my back hit the wall, causing me to yelp and hold my back in pain. He walked over and stood a few feet away from me. "Four, it's me! It's Jax! You're in a sim!"

"He can't hear you." I heard Jeanine say. I looked to see her and a few other Erudites walking over to us. "Amazing, isn't it? Everything we think of that makes up a person, thoughts, emotions, history...All wiped away by chemistry." I ignored her and looked at Four.

"Four—"

"He's gone." She said. "And we're all safer for it."

"How are we safer?" I asked in disbelief.

"The brilliance of the faction system is the conformity to the faction removes the threat of anyone exercising their independent will." She explained as she walked over to stand next to me. "Divergents threaten that system." She walked back over to Four. "Don't get me wrong. There's a certain beauty in your resistance, your defiance of categorization. But it's a beauty we can't afford." She nodded to the Erudites and walked away. An Erudite walked over to the computer and I walked up to Four.

"Four, it's me, okay?" I asked. "It's Jax. Look at me." Suddenly, he pushed me up against the wall, causing me to gasp from the pain in my back. I slammed my arm down onto his, so he let me go, but instead he grabbed me and slammed me against the wall again. I kicked him in the stomach and them climbed up him. I wrapped my legs around his neck and swung him around and onto the floor. I got up and ran to run away, but he grabbed me by my arm and threw me across the room. I fell into a table and onto the floor. I got up and he started stomping towards me. He started throwing punches at me, but I dodged them. I caught his arm and twisted it, so it was behind his back. "Four! It's Jax!" But he just elbowed me in the arm, the face, and the side, causing me to let go. He grabbed me and threw me down on the floor, causing me to yelp in pain. He punched me in the stomach, causing me to gasp in pain, so I kneed him in the head, causing him to fall back. I got up and he did too. He walked up to me, causing me to back up as he started throwing punches at me again. I dodged them and threw a punch at him, but he caught it and punched me across the face. He then twisted my arm behind my back and kneed me in the side. He let me go then grabbed me and punched me again, causing me to fall on the floor. I got up and ran at him, but he caught me and threw me on the floor, causing me to feel a crack in my ribs and gasp for air because he knocked the wind out of me. I sat up and started backing up because he was stomping towards me. I looked around me for something to protect myself with and saw my gun. I grabbed it and pointed it at him. "Stop." He just kept walking. "Four, stop!" He stopped when he stood over me. "Stop, please. Please, Four, stop." I then realized that...I couldn't shoot him. It would hurt me more than it would hurt him. So...I did the next best thing. I turned the gun around and pointed it at my own head. He kneeled down over me and held the gun to my head. "It's alright. It's alright. It's me. It's alright. It's okay. It's just me. It's okay." He started looking away. "Four, don't." I reached up and put my hand on his cheek. "Look at me. It's okay. Four, look at me." I gently pushed his head, so he looked at me. "I love you. It's okay. It's just me. It's okay." He kept flinching like he was trying to pull the trigger, but he couldn't. "It's okay. It's just me. It's alright. It's okay. I love you." Suddenly, he started breathing like normal and I felt the gun starting to go away from my head.

"Jax?" He asked. I sighed in relief. He glanced at the Erudites who had their guns.

"Go." I said, nodding. He nodded and pointed his gun at the Erudites, shooting them. He got off me and started shooting at them. So, I got up, grunting in pain. I looked around and spotted my knife on the floor. I grabbed it and stood up, groaning. I limped over to the wall and leaned on it for support. Suddenly, an Erudite with a gun ran out and I stabbed him before he could shoot Four. He fell to the ground, dead. I limped out and saw Jeanine typing on the computer screen. I looked at the other screen and saw the Dauntless getting ready to shoot the Abnegations. I quickly started limping towards Jeanine when I was grabbed from behind. I pointed my knife down and threw it backwards into the man's stomach. He cried out in pain and let me go. I looked at Jeanine and realized that I wouldn't make it to her before she pressed the red button. So, I did the only logical thing I could think of. I held my knife up and threw it forwards, letting it go. It flew through the air and landed in Jeanine's hand, pinning her to the computer screen. She cried out in pain as she stared at her hand.

"Help!" She said, but no one came to help her. I quickly limped over and grabbed the knife.

"Hey!" I heard. I looked to see a man running towards me but Four came out and threw the man on the ground. Four knocked the man out and then another ran at him. Four punched him and threw the man into a bunch of equipment. I looked at Jeanine.

"Shut the program down." I demanded.

"No." She said, shaking her head. I looked at the screens and saw Dauntless shoot to Abnegations that ran. I looked at another and saw Chris pushing some Abnegations to sit down. I looked at Jeanine and pulled the knife out of her hand, causing her to gasp in relief. I grabbed her by the hair of her head and held the knife to her throat.

"I wasn't asking." I said with a deadly tone. "Shut the program down or so help me I will end you right now!"

"I admire you're willing to die for what you believe...but so am I." She said. I just stared at her in disbelief. I wanted to end her so badly. "You can't do it, can you?" As I stared at Jeanine, I heard sirens going on. I looked around at Four and then saw something. A vial of the serum and a serum gun on the floor. I looked at Four then back down at the stuff. He looked at me then where I was looking. I looked at Jeanine and let her go, pushing her away from me. "Maybe you're not quite as Dauntless as you thought you were."

"You're right." I said and looked at Four, seeing him putting the vial in the serum gun. "I'm not Dauntless." He threw it to me, and I caught it. "I'm Divergent." As Jeanine looked at me, I quickly ran at her, ignoring the pain in my back and leg as I stabbed the serum gun into her neck. I pulled the trigger, injecting the serum into her blood stream, causing her to groan in pain. I pulled away and she looked at me with this blank look on her face. "Now shut down and wipe the program." I heard Four walk over to the computer behind me and touch some buttons. Jeanine turned to the computer and started pressing buttons. When she was done, I looked at the screens and saw Dauntless backing off the Abnegations. I smiled in success.

"Simulation abort." I heard someone on the speaker say. "Systemwide shut down." All the computer screens turned fuzzy and gray. I lookedat Four and he just smiled in relief at me.

I smiled and chuckled in relief.

"No...No." I heard Jeanine say as she pressed some buttons. "No!" She looked around, frustrated.

"Don't get me wrong." I said, causing her to look at me. "There's a certain beauty to your resistance." She grabbed the serum gun next to her on the table and ran at me. I caught her before she could stab it into my neck. I pulled my left leg back and swung it up, kneeing her in the stomach, causing her to fall on the ground and hold her stomach in pain. I felt pain in my left leg, causing me to grunt in pain.

"Jax." I heard Four say. I looked at him and he looked at me. "We gotta go. Now." I nodded and took a step forward. But as I did, I felt my leg give out and myself falling. "Jax!" Four quickly rushed forward and caught me. "You okay?"

"My leg." I said as tears came to my eyes. "I can't feel it." I winced as I felt sharp pains in my back. "It hurts."

"Okay." He said. "Hold onto me, alright?" I nodded as he put my arm around his shoulders, and we walked away. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1K 27
Now following the 'Divergent' story, it's been two years since Amalia and Tobias learned that there was a plan brewing between Erudite and Dauntless;...
302K 5K 18
"Even a person as cold as Eric needs someone to love." All he ever needed was someone like Rosemary to prove that. An Amity girl And a Dauntless...
330K 7K 42
❝ I knew, from that moment on, that nobody could ever confess, they love me, without the splintered thought of you running through my mind. Consciou...
23.5K 662 25
Highest rank: #195 in Divergent "One day you'll meet the girl, you swore you'd never find. Start feeling things you never felt and spending all your...