Midnight Arson (Platonic! Ran...

By Zymfoe

Ranboo is triggered into an enderwalk trance, leading to the death of his husband and the burning of his hous... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1: The Creature
Chapter 2: The Crime
Chapter 2: The Crime (Part 1)
Chapter 2: The Crime (Part 2)
Chapter 3: The Book
Chapter 3: The Book (Part 2)
Chapter 4: The Prison
Chapter 4: The Prison (Part 2)
Chapter 4: The Prison (Part 3)
Chapter 5: The Dreamons
Chapter 5: The Dreamons (Part 2)
Chapter 6: Wilbur
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 2)
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 3)
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 4)
Chapter 8: The Set-Up
Chapter 8: The Set-Up (Part 2)
Chapter 8: The Set-Up (Part 3)
Chapter 9: The Caves
Chapter 9: The Caves (Part 2)
Chapter 10: Limbo
Chapter 11: The Train Tracks
Ch 11: The Train Tracks (Part 2)
Ch 11: The Train Tracks (Part 3)
Chapter 12: The Meeting
Chapter 12: The Meeting (Part 2)
Chapter 12: The Meeting (Part 3)
Chapter 13: The Egg
Chapter 13: The Egg (Part 2)
Chapter 13: The Egg (Part 3)
Chapter 14: The Monarch (Part 2)
Chapter 14: The Monarch (Part 3)
Chapter 15: The Journey Home
Chapter 15: The Journey Home (Part 2)
Chapter 16: A Father's Wish
Chapter 16: A Father's Wish (Part 2)
Chapter 16: A Father's Wish (Part 3)
Chapter 17: The Warden
Chapter 17: The Warden (Part 2)
Chapter 17: The Warden (Part 3)
Chapter 18: The Bomb Plot
Chapter 18: The Bomb Plot (Part 2)
Chapter 19: The Family
Chapter 19: The Family (Part 2)
Chapter 19: The Family (Part 3)
Chapter 20: The Blood God
Chapter 21: The Betrayal
Chapter 22: The Nukes
Chapter 22: The Nukes (Part 2)
Chapter 23: The Climax
Chapter 24: The Battle
Chapter 24: The Battle (Part 2)
Chapter 25: The Strange Man
Chapter 26: A New Hope
Chapter 26: A New Hope (Part 2)
Chapter 27: The Hunt
Chapter 27: The Hunt (Part 2)
Chapter 28: Reconcile
Chapter 28: Reconcile (Part 2)
Chapter 29: The Exorcism
Chapter 29: The Exorcism (Part 2)
Chapter 29: The Exorcism (Part 3)
Chapter 30: Fundy
Chapter 30: Fundy (Part 2)
Chapter 31: The Truth
Chapter 31: The Truth (Part 2)
Chapter 32: The Reckoning
Chapter 32: The Reckoning (Part 2)
Chapter 33: The Guest of Honor
Chapter 33: The Guest of Honor (Part 2)
Chapter 34: Trust Me
Chapter 34: Trust Me (Part 2)
Chapter 35: The Finale
Chapter 35: The Finale (Part 2)
Chapter 36: The Aftermath
Chapter 36: The Aftermath (Part 2)

Chapter 14: The Monarch

48 15 14
By Zymfoe

Eret sat quietly upon his throne, listening attentively to the scribe before him. From a stack of parchment papers, the villager read: "...and by the gods of this, our blessed world, I pray that you grant my request with a sense of urgency. My highest regards, His Royal Majesty, King Eret."

"Excellent, scribe," Eret praised. "You have done your work well. Please make the journey to President Tubbo of Snowchester at once."

"Yes, King Eret." The simple tradesman vacated the throne room, leaving the monarch alone with his thoughts.

His elbow firm against the armrest, the king rested his cheek in the palm of his hand. Tired, blue eyes stared out the stained glass windows opposite of him. Stretching from floor to ceiling, they allowed the warmth of a glorious sunset to pour into the space, lighting everything in a beautiful sea of colors. Between the two windows was a magnificent doorway held up by magnificent Corinthian-styled columns. A long, red carpet ran from said entrance down to the throne, connecting the king to his people.

It was in quiet moments like these where Eret would reflect on his time as a monarch. Ever since his coronation ceremony, he had tried to be the ruler the server so desperately needed. The numerous wars that had plagued the server had left many homeless and without basic necessities. His first act as ruler was one of reconstruction, both on a local and national level. When he wasn't defending his nation's borders, Eret was out rebuilding their infrastructure brick by brick.

He often told his people that community was the key to achieving hope, and he'd be damned if he ever sold his kingdom a lie. To ensure that all internal efforts were made to build up the SMP nation, Eret declared his country to be politically neutral. He would not indulge in the ongoing conflicts between the other powers on the server, nor did he have any interest in their wars; his first priority would always be the security of his own people. So, when Wilbur reached out to him for a meeting, Eret had been hesitant to say the least.

Before his rise to power, Eret had been but a simple townsperson. In the days of his youth, he had dreams to outgrow his life of poverty. He had ambitions to lead, to influence, to achieve. And when the first war broke out, Eret had his chance. At the time, Dream had been the server's monarch, and a fine one at that. He was gentle with his subjects, guiding them from afar and intervening only when necessary. It was sometime around L'Manberg's succession when Dream seemed to have snapped.

Wilbur and his band of misfits had broken away from Dream's rule, claiming they had formed an independent nation- Dream wasn't having it. Eret would never forget the day the server's monarch seeked him out as a confidant, asking him to spy on the British defectors- him, of all people. Eret was honored by the opportunity to prove himself, and quickly sealed his fate. He slipped into the ranks of L'Manberg, and gained Wilbur's trust. But, in the end, it was never meant to be.

Before the final battle, Eret had led Wilbur and the others to a secret, underground bunker on the premise of unveiling Dream's ultimate demise. The look on Wilbur's face was burned into Eret's memory forever as he opened the hidden door on the back wall. That sad, hopeless look of betrayal Wilbur had given him haunted the man's nightmares. Eret remembered Dream and his army storming into the room, only to slaughter the enemy moments later. Yes, Wilbur and his friends died that day, and Dream had made Eret king as his reward.

He would forever be known as a traitor by the ex-revolutionary, and he couldn't say he blamed him.

Is Eret a king to be trusted?? Why would Wilbur want to meet with him?? And why is Eret writing a letter to Tubbo??

Vote to make sure the letter reaches Snowchester!! :DD

And, as always, thank you so much for the reads and support. We got to 1.5k reads!!!! AAAAHHH!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!! Couldn't have done it without you. <333

[Image Credits] "Royal Throne" (Cropped Slightly) by David Stanley (https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidstanleytravel/43724136564)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 718 11
It's been years since the last time Ranboo enderwalked, but recently he's been finding himself waking up in strange places. How will this affect his...
492 2 18
"Twelve and a half years now," Tommy said to himself. He looked at the silhouettes of the others. He could sense that they were all demoralized. No...
91.2K 4.5K 57
To many people, content creators have been a massive part of their life. They taught you, brought you happiness and became the light that would glow...