Into The Sunlight - A KNY Ren...

By Trafalgarithm

Kyojuro Rengoku. The Flame Hashira. A Bachelor looking for someone to maybe call his own. Akaza. The Upper M... More

why am I doing this ;w;
Chapter 1: The Bachelor
Chapter 2: A Problem Named Akaza
Chapter 3: We Literally Just Met
Chapter 4: Important Standards
Chapter 5: Kamakura
Chapter 6: The Golden Rule
Chapter 7: Sakura Mochi
Chapter 8: Pink Haired Bastards
Chapter 9: Two Bedrooms Please
Chapter 10: Are We There Yet?
Chapter 11: Shoyo And Ayano
Chapter 12: The Strongest Of Demons
Chapter 13: The Tall Praying Man
Chapter 14: Welcome Back Pyro-Freak
Chapter 16: Mr. Independent
Chapter 17: Charcoal and Wood
Chapter 18: The Boy With The Hanafuda Earrings
Chapter 19: As Your Future Brother-In-Law
Chapter 20: We Definitely Underestimated Him
Chapter 21: A Sense Of Belonging
Chapter 22: The Infinity Castle
Chapter 23: Karma Chose Violence Today
Chapter 24: A Sudden Drop in The Temperature
Chapter 25: The Distant Rumbling of Thunder

Chapter 15: Shrimp Tempura

4.4K 135 612
By Trafalgarithm

(Yk whats funny is that this chapter was already finished when chapter 14 was posted. I just didn't post it immediately because, when this is finally posted, I'm gonna have to get over my writers block and start writing chapter 15 ;w;) (Damn this chapter is cringe)

I rolled my eyes at him.

Kyojuro: "Anyways, I'd like all of you to meet Akaza."

I stepped out of the way to reveal the demon. Akaza put his hands together bashfully.

Akaza: "Erm.. I'm Akaza, the Upper Moon Three."

Sanemi: "Tsk. Damned demon.."

Gyomei bonked him.

Sanemi: "Ow. What was that for?"

Gyomei: "Be nice."

Sanemi looked away.

Mitsuri: "Akaza sit here!"

She patted the cushion next to her. Akaza sat down on the cushion and I sat down next to him.

Mitsuri: "Morning Bestie."

Akaza: "Morning Mitsuri."

Kyojuro: "Anyways, we should probably all reintroduce ourselves."

Akaza: "Please do."

Kyojuro: "You already know me, Kyojuro Rengoku the Flame Hashira."

We all looked at the person sitting next to me, Tokito.

Muichiro: "..I'm Muichiro Tokito, the Mist Hashira."

Tomioka was next to Tokito. He sighed.

Giyuu: "I'm Giyuu Tomioka, the Water Hashira."

Shinobu was next.

Shinobu: "You already know me, but let me reintroduce myself. I am Shinobu Kocho, the Insect Hashira."

Sanemi was next after Shinobu. He hesitated. Gyomei nudged his shoulder. Sanemi hesitated again. Gyomei sighed.

Gyomei: "This is-"

Sanemi: "I can do it myself. I'm Sanemi Shinazugawa, the Wind Hashira."

He looked at Gyomei.

Sanemi: "Happy?"

Gyomei smiled and nodded.

Gyomei: "You already know me, Gyomei Himejima, the Stone Hashira."

Uzui was next. He cleared his throat.

Tengen: "I am Tengen Uzui, the Sound Hashira!"

He said confidently. I scoffed. We looked at Iguro. He hesitated. Mitsuri, who was sitting next to him, looked at him and smiled. He sighed.

Obanai: "Fine. I'm Iguro Obanai, the Serpent Hashira."

Mitsuri: "And you already know me, the Love Hashira, Mitsuri Kanroji!"

We all chatted a little, when 2 Kakushi crewmates walked out from the kitchen.

Kakushi 1: "Good Morning! What would you all like to eat on this fine morning."

Muichiro: "I'll have my normal.."

Giyuu, Obanai, Shinobu and Sanemi: "Same."

Gyomei: "I'm not that hungry so I'll just have rice with an egg on top please."

Tengen: "I would like a cheesy broccoli omelette with rice today!"

Mitsuri: "Oooh, I want 6 omelettes and 3 bowls of rice! As well as some Sakura Mochi, please!"

Kyojuro: "I'll have 3 shrimp tempura omelettes and 2 bowls of rice."

I looked at Akaza.

Kyojuro: "Do you want anything?"

Akaza: "I'm a demon.."

Sanemi: "Oh yeah that's right! He only eats people."

Gyomei bonked Sanemi again.

Sanemi: "Ow! Would you stop doing that?"

Gyomei turned his head to him. He gave him a soft smile.

Gyomei: "No <3."

Sanemi's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. He frowned, crossed his arms and looked away. Gyomei turned his head forward again.

Gyomei: "Sorry about him."

Akaza: "It's alright, and actually, I'll have 1 bowl of rice."

Kakushi 2: "Alright! We'll be back out momentarily."

The crewmates walked back into the kitchen. Tengen chuckled.

Tengen: "Yknow, speaking of Shrimp Tempura, Kyojuro did you tell him how you got your hair color?"

Kyojuro: "Oh!"

I chuckled.

Kyojuro: "No I have not."

Mitsuri: "You should tell him!"

Akaza: "You weren't born with your hair color??"

Kyojuro: "No I was. It's just that, the reason my hair has red tips, and this goes for all the people in the Rengoku bloodline, is because my ancestors ate too much Shrimp Tempura. The tempura permanently dyed the tips of their hair red and it's been passed down ever since."

Akaza: "So your hair is like Mitsuri's hair?"

Mitsuri: "Yep."

Akaza: "That's so funny and bizarre."

He laughed a bit. His smile made the butterflies return, but I kept myself under control. I stopped my face from heating up and kept my heart from racing.

Kyojuro: "Anyways.."

Giyuu: "How the hell do you fit in that box?"

Tomioka pointed at the wooden box I carried in.

Shinobu: "He shrinks like Nezuko."

Giyuu: "Really? I wanna see that."

Tengen: "Same."

Gyomei: "I'd like to see that too but I'm fucking blind."

Shinobu and Muichiro scoffed. Mitsuri and Tengen snorted but then slapped their hands on their mouths. Sanemi gave them all death glare.

Giyuu: "Wow."

Obanai: "That's rough, buddy."

Gyomei: "I'm just joking with you guys."

Akaza got up and walked to the box. He opened the door.

Akaza: "Alright, time to demonstrate."

He started shrinking, till he was small enough to walk into the box.

Tengen: "Oh my god he's so small."

Giyuu: "Wow he's just like Nezuko."

Muichiro: "He looks like a baby.."

Sanemi: "Yeah he looks like a baby. I wanna drop kick him."

Gyomei turned his head towards him. Sanemi covered his head with his arms. Gyomei just faced him for a solid ten seconds, then looked away and said nothing. Akaza went back to his normal size. He sat back down on the cushion. Some Kakushi crewmates walked out of the kitchen with food.

Kakushi 2: "Food is served!"

They put Muichiro, Sanemi, Shinobu, Giyuu and Obanai's normal meals down. They served Gyomei his rice with an egg on top. They gave me my 3 shrimp tempura omelettes. Tengen got his omelette. Mitsuri only got three of her omelettes and 2 bowls of rice.

Kakushi 1: "When you're done with those ones, we'll come out with you next ones and your Sakura Mochi."

Mitsuri: "Alright, sounds good."

They put down a bowl of rice in front of Akaza.

Akaza: "Thanks."

Gyomei did a little prayer and then we all started eating. Both me and Mitsuri inhaled our food. Akaza hesitated to pick up his chopsticks.

Kyojuro: "You good?"

Akaza: "Yeah I'm fine. It's just I haven't had this in a few decades so I forgot how it tastes.."

He picked up the chopsticks. He grabbed some rice and put it in his mouth. He chewed it.

Akaza: "Eh, it's not that bad I guess."

Kyojuro: "If you don't want it, I'll eat it."

He took another bite.

Akaza: "Nah, I'll eat it."

Of course, Mitsuri finished her food first, but a Kakushi crewmate came out with the second half of her meal.

Kyojuro: "UMAI!"

Akaza: "Pffft, what?"

Tengen: "Don't mind him, he does that a lot."

Muichiro: "I'm surprised he didn't say it after each and every bite.."

I finished my food, and Gyomei finished after me, since he only wanted something small. Despite getting the second half of her meal, she still was one of the first to finish her food. I got up and took my plate into the kitchen.

Kyojuro: "Here you go!"

Kakushi 1: "Thank you, Mr. Rengoku."

I walked back into the dining hall. Some of the hashira wanted the full story on how I was poisoned. I told my side, then Akaza told his side and so did Mitsuri.

Mitsuri: "I had taken the left side of town. I couldn't find anybody at first, but then I ran into 2 of the demons. I fought them off and continued on. Then, I found a large group of people huddled together. I don't know why the demons wanted to corner them and then kill them in large groups."

Obanai: "It's a snake thing. Kaburamaru does that with mice."

Mitsuri: "Huh. So then I had to fight off 3 more demons, the last one being very tough since he kept using his Blood Demon Art to make poisonous barriers, which I was actually able to see. I'm glad they weren't transparent or I'd probably be dead right now. So I finished them off and freed the people on that side, then went to go look for Kyojuro and Akaza."

Kyojuro: "So yeah, that's what happened."

Tengen: "And to think Akaza slayed one of his own using a Nichirin Sword! That's definitely treason against Kibutsuji."

Akaza frowned a little. Gyomei bonked Tengen as well since he was sitting next to him on his left.

Tengen: "Hey! I'm not Sanemi!"

Gyomei: "I don't care."

Muichiro: "Himejima really said no mercy today.."

We all started to chat again in little groups. I looked at Akaza.

Kyojuro: "I'll be right back, I want to wash my hands."

I got up and walked outside. I walked over to the garden well and took a cup and dipped it into the water. I poured it onto each hand. Since it was spring fresh water, I could drink it too. I dipped it into the water again. Mitsuri came out and walked over to me by the well.

Mitsuri: "Did Shinobu tell you what happened yesterday with your pain medicine?"

Kyojuro: "Uhh.. No?"

She started smiling evilly. I took a sip of the water.

Mitsuri: "Akaza was trying to get you to drink medicine to ease your pain, but you wouldn't take it. So he drank it and forced it down your throat by french kissing you."

I spit out my water and blushed hard.

Kyojuro: "He WHAT!?"

Mitsuri: "Yep."

She gave me a smug smile.

Kyojuro: "Oh my god.."

Mitsuri: "Chill out. Unfortunately, I doubt he wouldn't have done that unless he had to, in which case, he did at the time."

Kyojuro: "I know but still.."

Mitsuri: "Well, because of him, at least you aren't groaning in pain."

Kyojuro: "I guess.."

We stood in silence for a minute.

Mitsuri: "Are you gonna talk to him about it?"

Kyojuro: "Oh god no."

I dipped my cup back into the water because I had spit my water out.

Mitsuri: "Hmm.. I have an idea!"

Kyojuro: "What?"

Mitsuri: "Since you can't really go on any missions right now with your arm like that, why don't you take him to your estate?"

I took a drink and thought about it for a minute.

Kyojuro: "Well I can't stay at the Butterfly Mansion forever so I would've had to bring him to my estate sooner or later."

Mitsuri: "Yeah!"

We walked back to the dining hall, and Muichiro had left and so did Giyuu. The others had finished their food and we're off to go do what they needed to do.

Kyojuro: "Alright, back in the box, Akaza."

Akaza: "Alright."

He shrunk and got in the box. Tengen looked inside.

Tengen: "It looks tight in there."

Akaza: "It is, but I don't mind."

Tengen: "Anyways, It was nice meeting you Akaza."

Akaza: "You two, Tengen."

I picked up the box and we walked out of headquarters. I heard a rustle from inside the box.

Akaza: "So where are we going?"

Kyojuro: "I'll tell you when we get there."

Akaza: "We aren't going on another mission, are we? You haven't fully healed yet."

Kyojuro: "No missions."

Akaza: "Okay.."

My estate was on a different path than the one that led to Himejima's estate. It was actually pretty far back, it takes about 10 minutes to walk there. First we had to pass Mitsuri's estate, which was on the way to mine.

It was a really nice day out. It wasn't too hot out and there was a small breeze. I walked past Mitsuri's estate. Her garden was full of flowers. I chuckled. I continued up the path until I saw my estate in the distance. I walked up to the entrance of my estate. I walked past our garden and onto the porch. I set the box down inside.

Kyojuro: "Come out."

He crawled out and got bigger.

Akaza: "So which mansion is this?"

Kyojuro: "Welcome to the Rengoku Estate."

Akaza's POV:

I blushed a little. Why would he take me to his house? Shouldn't we have gone back to the Butterfly Mansion?

Akaza: "..So this is your house?"

Kyojuro: "Yep."

Akaza: "What.. are we doing here?"

Kyojuro: "Well.."

He glanced down the hall, and I did too. A small boy, who looked exactly like Kyojuro, peeked his head out of a room. Kyojuro smiled at him.

Kyojuro: I want you to meet my little brother, Senjuro."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 1.3K 14
After setting his own restrictions of never harming any women, Akaza is forced to take care of an injured Hashira he fought in battle. (Y/n), after...
987 49 23
a fanfiction... "𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮" the story of rengoku kyojuro, the flame hashira and mitsu...
198K 7.9K 43
Hearing of A valiant warrior, a monster even, in the north, the third upper moon makes his way to challenge them. However when he arrives, he finds...
874K 29.8K 45
━ ❝ 𝐈𝐅 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍, 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍? 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍? ❞ ( kny upper moons x fem!reader )...