Destined to be Together

By iaminshaakber

The tale of separation and reunion of two childhood friends who were destined to be together. _______________... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Maryam's Character Analysis
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62 (LAST)
Epilogue
New Book
cover change

Chapter 51

404 17 86
By iaminshaakber

When we got ready we went downstairs together.

"Assalamualaikum" we said to Momma and Papa as we reached the dining table for breakfast.

"Walaikum assalam" they both replied in unison.

"Are we late?" I asked.

"No, no you guys are on time, have a seat" Momma said.

Then we sat down beside each other. We had our breakfast. It was not awkward because I'm used to having food here.

"Sorry Momma and Papa because of the sudden wedding you didn't get to invite your relatives and friends, and you didn't get to fulfill your wishes for Zain's wedding" I said.

"You don't have to be sorry dear, it all happens because of qadr, that's how Zain's wedding was written in his fate" Momma said.

"And who said that we will not be able to fulfill our wishes, we can do everything that we've ever dreamt of for Zain's wedding in your reception" Papa said.

"When is reception?" Zain asked.

"It's still not decided," Momma said.

"Asim and Tahera are coming today, then we will decide the date," Papa said.

"Mom and dad are coming?" I asked happily. I'm already missing them.

"Yes," Papa said.

"Munif is also coming" Momma said as we started breakfast.

"Zain call Munif and tell him to bring my other suitcase" I said to Zain while munching the delicious pancake made by Aunt Fatema. She makes the best pancakes.

"Okay I will call him after breakfast" he replied.

"And tell him to bring my phone too," I said and he answered with an 'okay'.

When we finished our breakfast I helped Momma to bring all the dishes in the kitchen. She wasn't letting me do that but I insisted and she agreed.

"What do you want to have for lunch?" Momma asked as I brought the last bowl inside the kitchen.

"Aren't you going to the boutique today?" I asked.

"Yes I will go after preparing lunch" she answered "after all I have to design a dress for my daughter's reception" she added.

"Don't worry Momma I can prepare lunch today since I don't have anything to do" I said.

"No Mary you're a newly wed bride" she said "don't worry I will let you do the cooking if you want but after reception" she added.

"But Momma you have to go to the boutique" I said.

"It's okay dear I can manage, now go and spend some time with Zain and don't worry about dinner. We are going to order the food for dinner" she said.

"But Momma-" I said.

"Go and spend time with Zain, you guys are newlyweds and you guys need to spend time together, now go and it's an order" she said.

As I was about to exit the kitchen she said "Mary don't get upset and if you're insisting do me a favour and make coffee for us" Momma said and I smiled at her gesture.

She doesn't want me to do kitchen work and she doesn't want to upset me. She told me to help her because she doesn't want to discourage me.

What good deed I've done to have a sweet mother-in-law like Momma.

I made coffee for us and after giving Momma her coffee. I went to Papa's study room and I gave him his coffee. I went to Zain's room which is my room too with two cups of coffee in the tray.

I went inside the room. He was in his study table engrossed in a case file. When I kept the cup in front of him he noticed me.

"What case are you studying with so much concentration?" I asked.

"Look Mary, there's a problem," he said.

"What problem?" I asked.

"You have to help me to convince Momma," he said.

"For what?" I asked.

"Chief just called me to ask me if I can come to the hospital right now. There's an emergency surgery which Dr. Paul was supposed to perform but due to his wife's labour he is not able to make it," he said.

"So?" I asked.

"Chief told me to perform the surgery and Momma will not let me go out today. I had taken days off because she wants us to spend time together" he said "if I tell her to let me go she is not going to agree" he continued "help me convince her" he added.

"I just tried to convince her to let me prepare the lunch but she ordered me to go to the room" I said "I don't think it will work" I added and he sighed.

"Let's give it a try" I said and he grinned.

We went downstairs and went to the kitchen.

"Momma, I have something to tell you," I said.

"What is it? Are you guys planning to go on a date then you don't have to ask me, go ahead" she said in one go.

"Actually Zain has to go to hospital-" I trailed.

"No one is going to talk about the hospital in this house until the reception," she ordered.

"But Momma it's an emergency" Zain said.

"Yes Momma Dr. Paul's wife is in labour and he will not be able to perform a surgery and it's an emergency surgery" I said "he only has to perform one surgery he will be back soon" I added.

"No Mary, I want you guys to spend time together," Momma said.

"Who said that we will not be able to spend time together?" Zain said "Mary will be there with me in the operation room" he added.

"How?" I asked.

I'm on leave and the chief didn't call me.

"He didn't call you because your phone is in your house," Zain said.

Wow! He can read my mind so easily.

"It's a big no, I'm not letting my newlywed daughter go to hospital and perform surgery" she said.

"But Momma-" Zain was cut off by Papa who just entered the kitchen with his coffee mug.

"What's going on here?" Papa asked.

"Papa, we got an emergency call from the hospital to perform an emergency surgery and Momma is not letting us go," Zain explained.

"You guys are on leave then stay at home enjoy your days off" Papa said.

"No papa we don't have to do our duty we just have to perform one surgery which will take maybe three to four hours" I said.

"You should spend those hours with each other instead of going to the hospital" Momma said.

"It's okay Fatema let them go they will be saving someone's life" Papa said "go Maryam and Zain but you should be back before Maghrib" he added.

"Okay Papa" we said in unison.

"Sorry Momma but it's an emergency call and we will spend time together after we come back" I said.

"It's okay sweetheart" she replied.

"Momma don't prepare lunch for us, we can have lunch outside after the surgery," Zain said.

"It's a lunch date then, have fun, both of you" Momma said with a smile and we smiled back.

"Let's get ready," Zain said.

--------------------

A/N: ASSALAMUALAIKUM EVERYONE!

FIRST DATE WITH SOULMATE ;)

Picture on the top of the chapter from K-drama Dr. Romantic 2.

Comment your favourite part in this chapter.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇⭐ Vote ⭐👇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 7.2K 60
"You are my most beautiful reality, the one I dreamed of every night and yet it wasn't written for me." A Y E S H A , Living a pretty simple life, s...
2K 76 8
A TALE OF ACCEPTANCE OF IMPERFECTIONS. ______________________________________ She loved him but not anymore. He never loved her but he is falling for...
822K 35.8K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...