Never Left Me (Completed)

By GenHope

"Even when we departed you never left me. I carried everything you said to me and did for me even when we wer... More

Description
One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four, Part One
Thirty-Four, Part Two
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy

Four

10.9K 917 1.2K
By GenHope

2014: October, Fall Semester

For the past few hours Magenta has been stuck in one spot due to arguing with Noah all day via text. She hasn't got up to use the bathroom or eat. All she's been doing is typing paragraphs at a fast rate trying to get her point across.

She went to her Friday classes and now she's free to do what she wants. Out of all things she chooses to go back and forth with a nigga in a whole other state. Sounds ridiculous, but she can't just pull up on him like he lives a few blocks away.

"He can't be serious?" Magenta says out loud.

It causes her roommate, Amil, to ask, "What?" She noticed the way Magenta was angrily typing and knows someone's getting told the fuck off. She knows that stuck position from anywhere.

Gen stares at the picture Noah sent to her on Snapchat. If he was in the same state she'd be ready to kick him in his throat, but she can't. Noah decided to get extra petty with this argument by sending her a picture of some white girl sitting on his lap. From behind the girl who hides her face, he wears a smirk.

Usually, Magenta would keep her relationship business to herself, but she can't fathom this. She turns her screen, so Amil can see the picture. "Oh, he's bold bold."

The couple had been arguing since yesterday about potentially breaking up but neither would say the words to make the decision. Instead they've been bickering like little kids as if they'll really leave one another alone.

I guess this is Noah's way of trying to force Gen's hand so she'll breakup with him. It's a coward move. If he wants to breakup with her, just do it. The thing is Noah doesn't actually want to breakup forreal. Yesterday they were having an open conversation about temptations they face going to schools in different states...

Noah went back to college in Colorado at the beginning of summer because of football. They didn't get those two to three months to spend time together like other couples. It's been 4 months since they've seen each other in person. They won't see each other again until the semester's over in December because he won't be coming home for Thanksgiving.

That conversation led to a talk about 'passes' and basically an open relationship if you ask Gen. It wasn't even her idea. Noah suggested she can go on dates with other guys and go as far as head, but not full sexual intercourse.

Shocking coming from any guy, but it was his way of trying to manipulate her. He thought she would say 'fine' then tell him he can do the same thing. She didn't. Instead she said she didn't want to do anything with anyone else.

Not having sex due to a long distance relationship doesn't bother Magenta. I mean, she just lost her virginity this year to Noah after her 18th birthday. Sex and attention from the opposite sex is not that important to her. Not being able to get his dick wry is clearly an issue for her boyfriend though.

Now Noah's throwing a tantrum because he didn't get his way. He wants his cake and to eat it too. In reality he can do anything he wants and she won't know; vice versa. He thought being honest was the key. Women claim to want honesty, but do they? The problem is Noah has to respect her stance. She said no and that should be the end of the conversation.

If she wanted to do anything with someone else she could've just came to college single. That's seeming like it was the better option more and more each text. Maybe her sister, Felicity, was right.

Gen has never in her life had a guy try her like this. Then again she was never in relationships. She was single therefore her and the guy could do who and what they wanted without all this controversy. She doesn't even know what to do.

"See, this is why I beat niggas asses," Amil walks away after looking at the picture.

Magenta angrily dials up Noah's number and calls him. As soon as he answers she's yelling, "You disrespectful ass nigga!"

"I can't talk right now. I'm studying," he says with a tone that indicates he's clearly getting a kick out of this. He loves when he can rile Gen up because she's an otherwise nonchalant person. Too nonchalant sometimes to the point Noah starts doing stuff to get attention from her even if it's negative attention.

"Did he just hang up on me?" She talks to herself dialing his number again. This time he doesn't answer, but let's it go to voicemail. Magenta groans feeling like she's going to blow a gasket.

Last week she had Pandora follow this girl that's always in Noah's comments leaving heart eyes and being thirsty. When Magenta clicked on the chicks profile it was private, but she had a school name in her bio. Gen went as far as googling the school and found out it's a college near Noah's in Colorado. Her only conclusion was they must know each other. She assumed he must be messing around with her the way she's always thirsting after him.

Pandora put on her detective hat, but she didn't find anything substantial. No pictures together, no comments from Noah, and not even any likes from him. Either he's smart and knows not to leave bread crumbs or they don't actually know each other. Magenta had to realize Noah is on the football team and pretty popular because of it. The chick probably just wants to fuck him.

A few days after that Noah sent her a screenshot of a picture she posted on her Instagram with one of her friends on campus... Who's gay. He was questioning who he was and decided to start an argument. He wanted to know why she never posted him like that and said Gen has too many male friends, straight or not.

Basically, dating long distance at 18 and 19 is proving to be more challenging than they thought. They were clearly in a fantasy land when they jumped into this without discussing certain aspects first.

When it comes to Magenta and Noah unless you know them personally, you wouldn't know they're together. They never really posted pictures together or went 'public'. Magenta's not into that. She's seen too many girls post their boyfriend all over their page only for it to be over in two months then they're posting the next guy acting all in love. Gen's committed to the idea she won't post someone until she's engaged. Shit, maybe until she's married.

With this younger generation social media can be a scary place for relationships. There's direct messages on several platforms and the oh so scary Snapchat with its disappearing acts. Magenta almost had a heart attack seeing another girl be Noah's top friend instead of her. She was ready to kick a nigga's door in over it.

Then there's the aspect of people her age feeling like they have to talk to you 24/7. Yeah, if you like someone you want to talk often, but all day? Should she damn near get broken up with because she didn't respond fast enough while in class or studying?

She's realizing why she stayed away from relationships. They're draining and a lot of work. Maybe she's too selfish to feel responsible for another human beings feelings everyday on top of hers. Managing her own emotions is enough stress.

She has to be the perfect girlfriend. She's not just any girlfriend, she's an athlete girlfriend. That means he wants care packages, for her to watch his games on tv, and constant support. All while she has to juggle her own classes and life. Noah is in fact proving to be a very needy boyfriend who can be emotional. More emotional than she'd like.

She's also noticing traits about him that she doesn't like. He's manipulative, petty, also sensitive and not in a good way. He's sensitive as in he'll get defensive when she says or does certain things, but expects her not to get mad when he does it.

He's literally the epitome of a Virgo man. Perfectionist and picky. Expects her to always be there for him at the drop of the dime, but somehow he's never really there for her when she needs it. At times it feels like she can't be her complete self around him because he judges and makes snide remarks.

"I got something for that ass," she looks at her phone as he doesn't answer her call once again. She blocks his number and throws her phone on her desk.

Amil takes that as her opportunity to say, "If you want to get real payback for that picture you should come with me to a party tonight. You haven't been to a single one all semester." Amil wears an evil grin ready to get Magenta into some fun and trouble. "You gotta bring all'at ass and show these boys what they're missing."

Magenta debates on it. She doesn't know why she hasn't wanted to go to parties. She used to sneak out for parties all the time in high school. The truth is it was because of Noah. He's definitely the jealous type. Anytime she's doing anything late on campus where she's not back in the dorm and able to FaceTime until they fall asleep he has a conniption.

Why is Magenta having a boring freshman year because of him? He got to enjoy his first year of college as a single man then he came back and tied her down for hers...

She does need to check college party off her list of things to experience these four years. "Fine, but only if I can get Gee to come."

Amil squeals with excitement hugging Magenta. "Call him," she rushes Gen who's already grabbing her phone.

It's no secret that Genesis is who she's gotten the closest with since the semester started. Especially now that they both sell weed for her brother. They constantly have to make the hour car ride to his house to re-up and that's usually one of the ways they bond. Driving on the highway, listening to music, and stopping at places they're curious about on the way to their destination. They also study together. Honestly, they do everything together when Gee's not busy with football despite him being on the bench for the season.

He's been like a magnet ever since the day they met on move-in day. You try to run, but he sucks you in. After the whole weed thing she wanted to fall back, but she couldn't. She doesn't know why because it's usually easy for her to cut people off, especially someone she barely met.

Gee's easy to get along with. He has a very calming nature, which Gen needs. He's also very dependable, which you always need that one person who will be there while away at school. Magenta didn't count on getting a close male friend. Most guys just wanna fuck her and when they can't the friendship falls off. It's nice to have Gee so far...

A couple hours later Magenta finds herself doing her makeup. Her and Amil both sit at their desks singing loudly to Cut Her Off by K Camp. Amil's red Beats pill speaker blasts the anthem as she waves her makeup brush in the air. Looking into her small mirror, Gen steadies a beauty supply eyelash that has adhesive glue on it applying it to her lash line.

"It ain't nothing to cut that bitch off," Gen sings loudly with attitude making sure the lash is on properly.

"Snip, snip, hoe!" Amil moves her head side to side making them both laugh.

Once her makeup's done, Gen gets dressed in a crop top, skintight jeans that look painted on, and heels she'll probably regret wearing. She flips down her septum piercing that she was finally able to get. She's been wanting it since high school. Lastly, she makes sure she has her phone and I.D.

Tonight she's not letting anyone ruin her fun...

Standing in one of the campus parking lots near Frat row they're waiting on everyone in their group to go into a party. Standing by the back of Colby's parked car, Gen shows a Vine video to Gee who has his arm wrapped around her shoulder. Gen's arm is around his back holding onto his side as she laughs at the clip.

"They're close," Amil comments from a distance standing by Colby. She watches with a narrowed eyes examining them.

Jux shrugs nonchalantly approaching them already recording a video for Snapchat. "If it ain't Double G," he says using the nickname they gave the pair. It made sense because they're always together. "Y'all ready to turn up?"

The light of Magenta's phone shines in her face before she lowers it and smiles. "I'm ready to get drunk."

"It's finna be a movie," Gee adds his two cents. When they both lean their heads together with low eyes Jux laughs.

"It seems like y'all are already drunk..."

"We pre-gamed. Just a tad bit," Gen holds up her fingers chuckling. Even though they're all underage and can't legally buy alcohol, Amil has a fake ID.

Colby ends the video writing a caption, while Magenta says, "Send me that." Colby nods posting it then sending it right after. When Gen posts it she thinks nothing of it not knowing when Noah sees it he's going to be pissed. She had no intentions to play into his games of petty jealousy.

Throughout the months they had established their friend group to be comprised of 6 people. Magenta generally hung out with her roommate and two other girls named Juliette aka Juju and Kiara. Outside of other football players, Gee hangs out with his roommate and a white boy named Destin. Gee was honestly the type to float wherever. If you walked across campus with him there would be all types of people saying hey to him.

Tonight it's just Gen, Gee, Amil, and Jux but they still plan to have fun with only the four of them.

Walking into the house party Who Do You Love? by YG blasts loudly as people drink and dance. Magenta follows Amil's lead through the sea bodies. You honestly wouldn't even be able to tell Amil's a freshman by the way she knows so many people. That's because she's very active on campus and quickly became a party girl. It doesn't matter how much homework she has, she's going to at least one on the weekend. She quickly garnered a reputation.

On the other hand, Magenta was getting looks of people wondering who she is. She's done a good job of staying to herself these first couple of months. Whoever she became cool with is who she decided to stick with. Someone told her not to get her hopes up on finding lifelong friendships your freshman year. You either become best friends or hate them after a couple months. Gen's hoping she doesn't have to make new friends anytime soon.

Walking through the house, Amil leads them to the backyard where it's a little less crowded. Upon her arrival she gets a warm welcome from a girl who's clearly had a couple drinks by the increased volume in her slurred voice. She waves all of them over, so that's where they go.

"I'm gonna go get us drinks," Gee disappears with Jux by his side.

While they're gone Amil pulls out her phone. "I need to take your picture. You gotta make this nigga sick!" She refers to Noah. Magenta could honestly care less about making him mad, but Amil's enjoying this. She snaps the picture of Magenta who just wants college memories...

"Let me see," she moves to look at Amil's phone screen. "Ooh, that's cute. Send me that!"

"I know that girl that was sitting on his lap didn't have ass like this. Toaster Strudle built bitch. He'll regret it by the end of the night," Amil comments while sending the pictures through text. Gen only shrugs glad to see Gee and Jux coming back holding red cups. She's ready to get this party started.

Two cups later, Magenta sways to 24 Hours by Teeflii. Amil brought some of her friends over to their area, including a couple guys. One in particular who's 6'2" with perfect, chocolate skin has been eying Gen the whole time, but she's paying it no mind. His name's Trion and he's an undeclared Sophomore who's not the smartest, but he looks good. None of that matters because her and Noah technically didn't break up. They're just arguing right now.

Trion tries to move behind Magenta, but she quickly stops dancing to give him a stank face. She puts space between them continuing to vibe by herself. Eventually they mix the song with Fancy by Iggy Azalea. Amil, Jux, and Gee are expecting her to stop dancing in annoyance like they did at their first party on campus. The DJ's at these parties have a tendency to mix the music with techno or that "White people music." That's what happens when you go to a PWI.

Magenta doesn't stop dancing when she realizes they changed the song. Instead she gets more excited. After going to dances at a Catholic school, Gen's found a way to turn up and have fun no matter the music. And quiet as it's kept she kinda likes some of Iggy's songs.

Gee, Amil, and Jux laugh at her arm raising in the air as she bounces up and down like the White girls. "First things first, I'm the realest," she raps leaning towards Gee who chuckles. "I'm so fancy!" She sings loudly along with Amil when the chorus comes on.

Jux's face is screwed up as he mimics Iggy Azalea's accent she uses for rapping. "How do y'all listen to this shit?" He asks and Magenta gives a shrug.

At one point Gen's phone begins vibrating. Looking at the screen she sees it's Noah's mother. She scoffs and rolls her eyes. Because she blocked him he probably ran to his Mommy to whine. Gen loves the lady to death, but she's always sticking her nose in their business since Noah's a mama's boy. She ignores the call continuing her night.

After a couple drinks she finally lets completely loose. Magenta had somehow become the life of the party. She didn't even try and all the attention was on her.

Then you seen a nigga throw it (nigga throw it)
Throwing that ass for days
Booty going Up Down
I ain't got no problem spending all of my money

The T-Pain song makes the Fraternity house thump as Magenta dances with Amil. They finally played a song she can really twerk to. She's not even giving her all because how embarrassing would it be to rip her favorite jeans? Regardless, an ass like hers is going to draw attention. It's one thing to have the body, but she was blessed enough to actually have rhythm to go along with it. Her sister wasn't so lucky.

Gen bends over doing the tip drill, but stops to laugh when Amil tries to sit a cup on her butt. Jux, Trion, and even Gee all stare in a trance watching her cornbread fed ass shake to the music. Colby and Genesis are more on the shocked side because she refused to come to a party for so long they thought it wasn't her environment, she's shy, or she can't dance. They had all been wanting to get her to a party to see how she'll act. They're finally seeing her be carefree and not giving a fuck. This is what freshman year's supposed to be like.

Shorty thick, thicker than a snicker

"Yes, yes, she is!" Jux and Gee are leaned against each other and Colby mindlessly hits his arm to get his attention. "I see it!" Gee gripes at Jux for him to stop tapping him.

"College is beautiful," Jux fake sniffles wiping an invisible tear from his face.

Magenta stands up straight with a smile swaying to the music. Plenty of dudes have been trying to dance and get her number, but she hasn't given in to one.

Amil moves from behind Magenta coming over to Genesis. "Dance with me," she's already grabbing onto his arm pulling him. He follows behind her and with no hesitation Amil's bending over with hands on her knees making him lick his lips.

Gen decides to sit down because she's been working up a sweat. Of course this Trion guy couldn't let her breathe as he slid in to sit beside her. For a few minutes she entertained him, but after awhile she stared at him blankly. His conversation is interesting to say the least.

She endured Trion for 45 minutes feeling like she had to. Jux decided to leave the party to go to another one. Something about some girl he's been wanting for awhile is at the other one and he feels like tonight is his lucky night. Meanwhile, Amil and Gee had been all over each other dancing together for almost an hour.

"You listening?" Trion asks Magenta who's staring at her phone screen. She looks up wishing he would leave her alone. After maybe two hours, Gen's usually burned out and ready to go home. Her social battery doesn't take much to drain.

Na Na by Trey Songz is even starting to give her a headache. She puts up with Trion talking her ear off for twenty more minutes before she's scanning her eyes around the party looking for Amil and Gee because she ready to go. She wants to tell them and if they decide to stay, that's fine, but she's ready to call it a night.

"So I mean, you single, right?" Trion's hand lands on her thigh making her look down at it.

"Um, no," she moves his hand feeling uncomfortable. She pays the next words that come out of his mouth no mind as she stands up beginning to maneuver through the party. After checking every possible room through the crowds of people she goes back to Trion asking, "Have you seen Gee or Amil? Where are they?"

"I think they left," he shrugs with annoyance that Magenta's not giving him any attention. He just knew he'd get some ass tonight.

"Left?!" She looks at Trion like he's crazy.

He holds out his hand in confusion at what she doesn't get. "I saw them twenty minutes ago going inside together. If they're not inside they left."

"Are you fucking kidding me?! They just left me?" She dials Amil's number first, but no answer. She does the same for Genesis and once again no answer.

Magenta's so pissed she leaves the party. She storms across campus with her phone to her ear trying to call both Gee and Amil again, but neither pick up. She wanted to leave the party and she had no problem walking home by herself. It's not that far. But she would've told them before she left. They could've done the same thing. It's honestly about the principle. You don't leave the people you came with and not say anything.

"I'm going to kill these mutha fuckas!" She finally goes to a party with them after they begged her so many times and they leave her. That's not cool at all.

Magenta's so mad she smacks her lips in anger at her heels slowing her down. She stops to yank them off before continuing to walk barefoot. You would've thought she's trying to stomp a hole in the pavement.

"I don't think you should be walking across campus at night by yourself like this," Trion trails behind her making her eyes want to roll in the back of her head. Why can't he leave her alone?

"I'm good," Gen holds up her hand continuing to walk. She actually wasn't because she's taking the long way back to the dorms. She didn't know the campus was so big and doesn't know all the shortcuts yet. Trion grabs her arm but she snatches it away. "Why are you following me? Leave me the hell alone!"

"Bruh, just come to my dorm. Chill the fuck out!"

"I don't know you like that," she shoots back. He grabs her arm again so she stops walking to turn to him. "Touch me again and I will call for the campus mall cops. Leave me alone!"

"The campus security?" He corrects her with a puzzled look. She scoffs continuing to walk. Once she's gotten close enough to the residence hall, Trion shakes his head deciding he's going to call it a night himself.

"That bitch is crazy," he watches her walk into the building before going his own way.

Magenta rides the elevator up to her floor making her way down the hallway. She stops at their dorm room door seeing a heart written on the dry erase board hanging from it. That means there's something going on that requires privacy...

Gen stands at the door hesitating for a moment. She leans into it listening to see if she can hear anything. The sounds of moaning and skin coming in contact confirms the warning on the door.

Usually if Amil would have this on the door she would go to one of the lounges or go to Gee's dorm and wait with no problem. But she knows exactly who's on the other side of that door with her. She smacks her lips and unlocks the door barging right in. Sure enough Amil's having sex with Gee.

She could give a damn about them being naked and scrambling to cover up. "You didn't see the sign?!" Amil yells grabbing a pillow to cover her body.

With a hand on her hip and attitude Gen responds, "I saw the shit. You trifling mutha fuckas really left me at the party to fuck?!" Magenta flings her heels to the floor causing them to make a thud.

"You were with Trion. You looked fine to me," Amil responds first. Gee's still stuck on stupid looking clueless.

"I don't know that nigga from a can of paint. We came together, so we should leave togetherrrr!" She claps her hands with attitude. Seeing the blank looks on their faces she scoffs in disbelief. "Anything could've happened to me or y'all don't give a fuck? Busting a nut's more important obviously. Fuck both of you!"

She puts her feet into furry slides and is right back out the door. She slams it so hard the dry erase board on the outside of it hangs on halfway for dear life.

"Why she trippin' like we left her with a murderer or somethin'?" Amil asks in complete confusion at what they did that was so wrong. "She's doing too much. We all grown and can take care of ourselves."

"I told you to tell her before we left. That was fucked up," Gee says quickly putting his clothes back on. He can admit he wasn't thinking. With the way Amil was grinding her ass on him in the party his mind was on one thing when she invited him back to her room. He specifically said, 'Go Tell Gen before we leave.' He trusted that Amil would do that. She said she would. They're all friends.

Seeing Genesis put his shoes back on Amil furrows her eyebrows. "I know you're not gonna chase after her dramatic ass. You like ha or something?"

"Man, chill out. That's my best friend," he responds already at the door.

"Best friend? You met her at the same time as me and you're already best friends?"

Gee smacks his lips ignoring Amil rushing out of the room. He thinks about what Choice asked of him. He looks both ways down the hallway for Gen, but she was moving fast and gone out of sight. She wasn't in the dorm common area, so he asked the R.A. on duty if she saw Magenta and he was told she left the building.

He can understand why Magenta would be mad. There wasn't a time at night she had to walk anywhere on campus without him. If she wanted to go to Walgreens late at night, she could call him. If she even mentioned she was at or going to the library anytime after the sun set he was getting out of his bed no matter the time. That's what he was taught. Protect women. He didn't do a good job of that tonight.

When he does find her she's outside of the dorm building sitting on one of the hammocks that's hanging from the trees. "These mutha fuckas 'round here so damn fake," Magenta vents while on FaceTime with her best friend, Pandora. Seeing Gee approaching she smacks her lips and roll her eyes. "I'll call you back," she tells Pandora before hanging up.

"What's up? You good?" He climbs onto the hammock next to her.

"I'm fine. No thanks to you and Amil," she gives the smart ass answer.

"My bad," he gives the half-ass apology causing Gen to shoot him a glare. He puts his hand to his chest. "I'm sorry. I can admit that was wrong. I wasn't thinking. I sincerely apologize. Nothing happened to you, right?"

"No," she responds dryly looking off into the distance. She watches three girls laugh as they exit the dorm building probably heading to a party themselves.

Magenta's now calm. That quick she realized she may be projecting her past traumas on them... Two people who've only known her a couple months. She doesn't know why she dropped her guard and let people in; it was a mistake. She's always had to look out for herself, so why start entrusting that to people she doesn't know that well?

"Whatcha thinking?" Genesis asks in that soothing voice that'll make anyone forget they're mad. The wind blows and you can hear leaves rustle in the distance.

"I thought I could trust y'all, that we're friends, but I guess I was wrong. We just met and I clearly don't know y'all like I thought."

He twists up his lips. "Don't do that."

"No, I'm doing it. Where I'm from you don't do that. Back home my people make sure you're home safe all the way to the doorstep."

"That's true," he can't argue. "I told Mil to tell you we were leaving. She left for a minute and came back saying you wanted to stay with Trion."

"Well, she lied. She didn't tell me shit."

"Damn, maybe she couldn't find you in the party. It was packed," he tries to make an excuse for her.

Magenta tilts her head to the side with attitude. "Really? She did not look for me. Trion and I were in the same spot y'all left us at."

"I don't know why she would do that," he scratches his head. There's a pause of silence. They both try to give people the benefit of the doubt... "Is there anything else you wanna say? Another reason you're upset?"

Magenta looks at him with a turned up lip. She feels like he's trying to insinuate something. Magenta's overall frustrated with everyone. Noah and now her so-called friends. Today's not her day. This is why she goes home on the weekends to get a break from all this.

"Nah, you can go back inside and finish with Amil. I won't bust in this time. I'll give you about 15 minutes before I'm coming up for bed," she looks at her Michael Kors watch. "If you need that much time," she insults as if he's a minute man.

"I'm good. I'm actually going to bed myself," he yawns and stretches dramatically.

Magenta reads it as him finding this as a joke. "You think this shit is so funny. Fuck you, forreal. Fuck you! Fuck Amil! Fuck Noah! Fuck that white girl! Fuck everybody!" She stands up from the hammock beginning to walk.

"White girl? What white girl?" He asks confused trying to catch up with her.

Magenta spins around with even more attitude laying into Gee. "You know... I could've swore you don't even know Amil like that. I'm the one you're with everyday yet you and your fat ass head decided to leave me for her. I hope the pussy was well worth it. I'm too good of a friend to be getting treated like this. This is strike two of you thinkin' this shit is a game when it's not!"

"What was strike one?"

"When you stole from me, nigga!" She says in a duh tone.

"I didn't steal, I borrowed. I said I was sorry. I thought I made up for that?" He's spent the last couple of weeks at least trying to. Honestly, she acted like she wasn't mad about that. She brushed it off as him making it easier on her since he did the work for her. She had been holding it in though.

"I'ma need you to remember you sought me out to be your friend. Not the other way around. I only want three things out of people... Respect, loyalty, and trust. Right about now your ass doesn't seem to offer any of that shit. And if you can't, leave me the hell alone!"

For a second he doesn't know what to say. At the same time he appreciates the honesty. "I want that too. Maybe I didn't think you cared about us being friends. You're so closed off..."

"I don't know you, the fuck! I'm a wonderful person, but I don't gotta give you a bitch ass thing. These vibes, this wisdom, the fairy dust I sprinkle on the lives I come in contact with... That ain't free," she says with attitude showing that she's still a little drunk.

"Talk your shit," Gee nods his head following her words. He cautiously takes two steps towards her. "Can you, uh, just, sprinkle a little bit of that fairy dust in my life? I need it." He smiles hoping to ease the tension.

He only gets a deadly glare from her. "I'm dead serious."

"I know you are."

"Everyday I feel like I don't belong here. And this is just another reason," she flaps her arms making them hit her sides while looking up at the night sky. The residence hall towers over them making them seem so small. It puts it into reality how many students actually go here. 30,000+ students and they're only two of them.

Gen continues saying, "I'm literally out here all alone. Damn near every other day I want to pack my stuff up and go home. Then I remember if I want to succeed, I'm going to have to get out of my comfort zone. Also, the fact my Mom moved houses and I don't have a room anymore. Heifer," she mumbles the last part.

Genesis decides to sit on top of the metal picnic table that she stopped next to. "You're not the only one alone. We're all alone really. I'm over a thousand miles from my people. Not a family member or friend even close by. At any small inconvenience I say, 'Fuck it! I'm dropping out,' but I haven't."

"What's stopping you?"

"The fact my Dad would kill me as soon as I got back home," he scratches the back of his head making her chuckle. Gee pats the spot next to him, so she climbs up to sit beside him.

"I wanted to go to college so bad. Now I'm here and I feel like a fish out of water. I feel like the fish who somehow drowned themselves like a dumbass. I know how to swim. Just swim, bitch! I know how to study, make A's.. I'm just lost."

He can relate to that completely. He's been trying to find his footing, but he gets slapped back down every time. He thought he would find his place in football, but he doesn't even feel apart of the team this year. He's just there.

"Doesn't your sister go here too?" He asks remembering Magenta waving at her one day on campus

"We have a weird and complex sibling-ship."

Genesis stares into the darkness thinking. "222," He murmurs making Magenta look at him.

"What?"

"Your dorm room number. It's an angel number. You're in the right place at the right time. Your guardian angels, spiritual guides, ancestors, whatever you believe in, they're trying to tell you something. You are where you're supposed to be. We are in the right place," he motions to her then himself.

She stares at him not expecting him to know anything about that. At the same time, she knows he's really smart. His major tells her that. She doesn't know how he deals with all those science classes.

He goes on to say, "Look, I'm struggling with reverting back to my old self. The little nigga from the streets who happened to make it because I'm good at a sport. I don't always make the right decisions. Maybe that's another reason I'm looking for pieces of home. What I'm trying to say is we don't have to be alone. It's going to be a longgg four to five years. We could be in this together... You got my back and I got yours. We're on this journey together."

"Maybe," She thinks on it not wanting to immediately give in. Gee laughs because she wants to come off hard so bad.

"One thing about me, I may not know how to love, but I'm loyal as hell. I know I probably already fucked up the trust. –That's if we had any since its only been a few months. Regardless, I don't want you to think I'm someone you can't have faith in."

"Why do you say you don't know how to love?"

"I wasn't raised off that. I'm still learning how to do it properly. I have to teach myself. I'm only 18. I got time, right?"

"I don't think I know how to either. My guard is constantly up 24/7."

He blows out air. "Tell me something I don't know. I ran into that mutha fucka a couple times already."

She tries her hardest not to laugh pointing her index finger at him. "We can be cool. I'll look out for you and vice versa. You're still on two strikes. One strike left, so you better skate on a thin mutha fuckin' line!"

"Damn, I can't get a redo? A fresh start?"

"I'll think about it." She purses her lips smiling at him. When he smiles to where his nose crinkles the word 'cute' floats in her head, so she looks away.

"Come on. I gotta make sure you get inside. I don't wanna get cussed out again," he chuckles while standing up. "You're kinda mean. You hurt my feelings. You didn't have to say my head is big."

He holds out his hand so she grabs it hopping down too. "You deserved it. I had to tell you about yourself. I bet you won't try me again. I bet that!" She thumps his cheek.

"Calm down," he puts an arm around her shoulder as they walk towards the dorm entrance. "You know you're my best friend, right?"

Magenta jerks her neck back. "Really? You gotta funny way of showing it. If this is how you treat best friends I don't want that title."

"It'll never happen again," he assures her in a soft voice. "I promise." Seeing his index finger extended towards her she rolls her eyes. When she doesn't move her hand he wiggles his finger to entice her. Gen smacks her lips locking hers to his. He quickly unwraps his other arm from around her to hold onto both of their hands. "Kiss it up to God for extra measure." He kisses both of their fingertips dramatically raising their arms.

Squinting her eyes she states, "You're annoying."

He shrugs letting go of their hands. "What white girl were you talking about earlier?" He asks with that look of confusion coming back. It reminds Gen she needs to unblock Noah.

She finally breaks giving a little laughter, but she quickly lets him know, "I'm still mad at you. And don't worry about it."

And honestly, Gee kept that promise for a good while. There wasn't a time when he wasn't there when she needed him and vice versa. Rain, sleet, or snow. Busy or not doing a damn thing. Close or far away. If she needed him, he was there in a heartbeat...

________

Amil's not in the main cast, but she actually plays an important role in the past & present👀

Thoughts on Magenta's relationship with Noah?

Her evolving friendship with Gee? They're definitely trying to figure it out.

Comment / Vote💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.8K 2.1K 24
A college love story about an openly bisexual college student falling in love with her down low lesbian classmate. Tell me what you think. Enjoy! *al...
469K 28.7K 33
you was my happiness, that high i felt when around you. love aint even the word to describe it. 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐲𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐞 • 2021
179K 7.5K 19
At first we were inseparable. Then we became distant. And now we're just memories. Based on the movie Love & Basketball (DONT STEAL MY WORK)
25.7K 837 18
"You're my drug, I can't live without you."