Blood Brothers

By metalcountry

This is the last installment to "Baby's On The Way." This is after, "Shake It For Me." This story starts off... More

Cast!
Chapter 1 - I'm Bo Bryan
Chapter 2 - Awkward
Chapter 3 - Signed
Chapter 4 - Dinner For Two
Chapter 5 - Bad News
Chapter 6 - Lost
Chapter 7 - Dinner With Mr. Williams
Chapter 8 - Full of Thoughts
Chapter 9 - ACM's
Chapter 10 - Truth Comes Out
Chapter 11 - Ending The Night Right
Chapter 12 - Bryson's Problems
Chapter 14 - Come With Me
Chapter 15 - Precious Darlin
Chapter 16 - Big Fights
Chapter 17 - All Couples Have Problems
Chapter 18 - Make It Right
Chapter 19 - Bryan Family Thanksgiving
Chapter 20 - The Big Question
Chapter 21 - Tate's Set Back
Chapter 22 - Reporter
Chapter 23 - Old Dates
Chapter 24 - Perfect Wedding
Chapter 25 - Really Pays Off
Chapter 26 - Tate's Leap
Chapter 27 - Thomas James Bryan
Chapter 28 - On Her Own
Chapter 29 - Entertainer Of The Year
Chapter 30 - The Bryan Family (Finale)

Chapter 13 - Hospital Birthday

614 27 1
By metalcountry

~Tate's Point Of View~

Today is Erin's birthday. Unfortunately I'm at the hospital with my mother. I chose this over going to her house right now for her birthday. Mama is getting a lot of tests done and it's going to basically be a whole day thing. I can't leave her and Pa alone. I'm their anchor when they need it.

I feel horrible for not being with her but she understands. I talked to her yesterday till she fell asleep on the phone. She wasn't mad at me for doing this. She actually wanted me to. She told me she'll have many more birthdays to celebrate or we can do a late party. I wanted to take her out to dinner but on Sunday since she was starting up this job so she can start working with children.

I have to say that she is on special woman. So much she has done. She knows Bo is leaving in a week. She has been trying to help out and make sure that he is going to go on tour. She said that she'll be there for me, which means I'll be strong for mama and pa. That made him more at ease but not much.

Right now I was sitting in the waiting room all by myself. Well there were other people but not with me. I had my phone in my hand just waiting for Erin's next text. I sat back and looked up at the TV which had the news on. I sighed because I've always hated the news. I then felt my phone buzz and looked down and it was Bo. Damn it. I just wanted Erin to text back already.

"How is mama?" Bo texted me.

"I don't know. I haven't had dad come tell me or have been able to come back. We've only been here an hour." I told him. He got back to me quick.

"How are you?" He asked. I smiled. Bo was always worried about everyone. I have to say he is a better anchor than I am but when it comes to mama I'm more protective.

"I'm bored, hating this waiting, and a little upset I don't have Erin here because it's her birthday."
"Let her know I said happy birthday from Kendyl and I…. She is a very understanding woman Tate. She'll be okay with this. You'll make it up to her in many ways. Haha. Hey, I'm having Kendyl over tonight. I'm cooking. I'm gonna ask her to come on tour and have all my sides covered."
"Good luck with that. She is a hardass." I chuckled out loud.

"Yeah she is. Any news with mama let me know okay?"

"I will, love ya brother." I texted.

"Love you too." Bo said and I just sat my phone on my lap.

I looked around again which I have probably done a hundred times in this hour that I've been here. I then stared at the vending machine. I did feel a little parched so why not. I got my ass up and went over to the machine getting myself a Pepsi. I then looked at the chips and saw my pa and mine favorite. Lays plain potato chips.

I sat down about to munch down on my chips but then my phone vibrated again. I took a sip of my drink first before I looked at my phone seeing that it was Erin. She sent me a picture of her in what she is wearing for her birthday. It was a cute low cut top with shorts and sandals. Her hair was braided to one side and she didn't have any make up on. What natural beauty she had that made me go crazy.

"You look so beautiful in that baby." I sent back to her.
"I wish you could be here in person to see it. I'm glad you're with your mama though. I'm proud to have such a wonderful boyfriend." She sent back in response.

"I'm lucky to have such an understanding girlfriend that is so beautiful in anything she wears. Is so considerate. Is extremely smart. She is also beyond amazing may I add." I knew that would put a huge smile on her face. Her cheeks would slowly get a pink color since that defiantly would make her blush.

"Oh hush you. You know when you say things like that what it does to me." She told me. I smirked.

"Oh I know. It's adorable." I said.

"So dinner was canceled with my parents. My pa passed out already." She said sending a sad face after.

"Awe baby. I'm sorry. Maybe when Mama get's home I'll take you and your mama out." I told her.

"No no no. You stay home with your mama. Mine is going to make dinner for us two. She is making my favorite." I frowned. I had a feeling her birthday wouldn't go the way she wanted it to.

"Tomorrow. I'm making it up." I sent.

"Only if it's pizza, cuddling, and a movie." She sent a smiley face. She always loved doing the simple things. She knows my family has money but never makes me spend it. Amber always did.

"Whatever you want baby girl. It's your birthday. I will comply." I sent.

"Oh will you now?" She sent a winky face. My eye brow rose because she was getting flirty.

"Yes ma'am. Whatever you want; where ever it's yours." I sent a winky face right back.

"How about we head out to the blue hole, just us, only in underwear, at night, with a fire, underwear disappearing…" She sent and didn't finish. I bit my lip thinking of how she will look fully naked by the lake in the moonlight. I have yet to have sex with her and this is the first time she has gone this far. Maybe she is ready to go that far in our relationship. Man I hope so. It's been too long for me not to have sex.

"Damn baby. I would make all that happen for you." She texted back instantly.

"I rather have something else though." She sent.

"What is that?" I asked. I was staring at my screen waiting. For some reason I had the thought of a nude being sent from her which would totally make me feel like going to rub one off in the bathroom but I couldn't do that in a hospital.

"Stand up and look at the entrance of the waiting room." She texted.

I was confused. I stood up and looked at her message one more time before looking that way. There she was. In the same outfit she sent the picture of. She had a smile on her face and her hands down to her side with her cell in her right hand. Her purse on the left arm. I quickly walked over to her and put her in my arms kissing her.

I held her in my arms for a moment before letting her go and looking at her with a smile on my face. I was beyond happy she is here but why would she come here on her birthday? I wouldn't want to do that. I would want to go drink with friends, or go to dinner with someone. Hailee would have gone out with her today.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her as we walked back to where I was sitting and she sat down next to me. She looked down at her phone with a smile on her face.

"I wanted to be with you on my birthday. There was no dinner with my parents. There are no meal plans with mama. I don't want to be anywhere else but what you today." She told me. I smiled.

"Well, I'll try to make your birthday the best that I can but being here, I don't know how well I will do." She laced her fingers with mine and put her head on my shoulder.

"The best thing is being here with you. Now we can just talk instead of text. I can actually see, hear, and feel you. I also want to be your anchor. You need one along with your parents. Since you're theirs I wanna be yours." I smiled. I brought her hand that was laced with mine to my lips and kissed it.

"Thank you." I said.

We did get quiet for a little bit. The thought that went through my mind was how many women would do this or say things to me? I don't think Erin wants me for money or fame. She isn't doing this to get closer to my father or mother. Erin is a genuine woman who wants me for me and not for what I can buy her.

I felt some weird feeling build up inside me that sat on my chest like a ton of bricks. I breathed heavily shaking that feeling. It went away but as soon as I smiled thinking of how genuine Erin is and how much I really am starting to care for her it came back. It wasn't to where I couldn't breathe. It was weird and nothing I've experienced before. I tilted my head and kissed hers.

It was another two hours that went by and Erin and I played games with each other, talks about things, and even planned on her spending the night tonight. I told her that Bo talked to me and said the happy birthday thing from him and Kendyl. We were both happy to be around each other then I saw my father walk through the door. I quickly stood up in mid sentence with Erin and looked at him. He didn’t give me a smile till he got closer.

"Everything is going well. She'll be ready to leave in an hour. It hasn't spread but the mass has shrunk already. They are saying that is a wonderful sign. She is healing faster than normal." Pa chuckled. "I told the doctor that that is not the first or second time I've heard that come from a doctor's mouth with her. She is a trouper." He then looked at Erin. "What's the birthday girl doing here?" he said hugging her. She laughed.

"I wanted to be with Tate on my birthday and be his anchor. I am having a great birthday now that I'm here. Also hearing the news about Mrs. Bryan is making my birthday better." She said smiling. Her hand had grabbed onto mine. Pa's eyes twinkled a little. I knew what she said touched him in a good way.

"So mama must be happy as hell." I said. He nodded.

"Oh yeah. She hates this entire test and the waiting but she says we are getting pizza to go home with. She is craving it so I hope you two are okay with pizza." I laughed.

"That's exactly what Erin wanted." I told him He looked at her and smiled.

"Do wanna go back or wait?" Pa asked. I looked at Erin and she just smiled and nodded.

"We'll go back." I told him.

He gave me the information to go back with and I did what he said. Erin and I had our hands laced together as we walked into Ma's room and saw her sitting there, with her glasses on, looking at a crossword puzzle. I couldn't help but laugh and she looked my way. She just smirked knowing what I was laughing at and when she saw Erin she looked surprised. She took off her glasses and placed them on top of her book that is on her lap.

Mama questioned Erin why was she here on her birthday. Erin gave the same answer which put tears in mama's eyes especially after she told her what Pa told us. We stayed in here talking to mama for 30 minutes before Erin decided to give us a few minutes alone. I sat next to mama and held her hand. She looked at me and smiled.

"Tate, I'm going to say this as your mama, so neither you nor that beautiful girl gets hurt. If you plan on not sticking around, don't keep her around any longer. She loves you already. She will do anything for you or us. Look, how many women would come here, on their birthday at that, just to be with you and to make sure you're okay, I'm okay, and your pa are okay?" Ma said. I just nodded.

"I know. I do really like her ma. I don't know if love is a word I can say yet. There is something special about here that I want around. I always think and talk to her. I always want her around. I still haven't had sex with her because of us taking it slow. That' not me. I normally jump in the sack. You know from what I told you." I said putting my head down. She let go of my hand and ran her hand over my head and through my hair.

"I know son. Don't worry. Just do what you think is right. Do what you feel in your heart. I'm not trying to choose your relationships but I have a feeling on this one." She said with a smile. That is when Pa walked into the room.

That ended our Erin conversation and I went out to her. I called the pizza place and set the order so that it would be ready when Erin and I went to pick it up. Ma got out within the next 30 minutes and we were all off. Erin drove us to the pizza while I called Bo and told him the news.

That night ended great. We had our pizza. Erin and I were cuddled up watching one of her favorite movies in my bed. When I kissed her during the middle of the movie I didn't expect her to get on top of me and kiss me more. There was lust and passion in the kiss and when she looked at me.

I felt like she did want this to happen so I made sure it went nice and slow. I wanted to put feelings into it. I did care about this woman a lot. She meant so much to me in such a short amount of time. I didn't make love to her but I made sure she enjoyed every second of it. I have to say it was even better than what I dreamed.

She cuddled up to me and fell fast asleep before mumbling something that I didn't understand. I just smiled and kissed her forehead before I drifted off to sleep.

_____________

14 Votes

Aren't Tate and Erin adorable?
How do you think Erin really feels about Tate?
What do you think is going to go on with Bo asking Kendyl to go on tour?

Thank yalls for reading!

- Pup

PS if you would like to follow me on twitter it's @Chevy_Pup

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 297 39
Luke Bryan fanfiction!! Y/n L/n gets to go to Luke's concert on her 21st birthday. He is her favorite country music star. But never in a million year...
770 13 14
This is just a fan fic based off of a dream I had where Luke Bryan was my father. Enjoy! 🌹🌹🌹 P.S. Some topics may be triggering. Mentions murder...
247K 5.5K 61
Nikki has been a maid for quite some time. She has to change employer's because one can not keep up with how much they have to pay. She is then recom...
4.5K 270 21
[Highest Ranking - #24 in Teen Romance] "Abby flips the tests over and in big fat stupid digital letters, the word PREGNANT punched me in the gut. It...