Late bloomer

By finewall

Louis and Harry had been promised to each other since birth, their two packs wanting to unite the head famili... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen.
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thirty three
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty six
Thirty seven
Thirty eight
Thirty nine
Forty
Forty one
Forty two
Forty three
Forty four
Forty five
Forty six
Forty seven
Forty eight
Forty nine
Fifty
Fifty one

Eight

1.8K 81 29
By finewall

Thought I'd introduce Louis' pov bc he does be needing some character development.

Louis' pov.

I watched intently as his skinny jean clad legs carried him effortlessly across the room. They were ripped at the knees, letting the skin of his knee caps peak through, and I just knew the skin would be smooth and soft. Very thing about Harry was smooth and soft.

His brunette curls were the bane of my existence, and I struggled every day to not just walk up to him and run my fingers through them.

Harry's just honestly gorgeous, and I incredibly lucky.

I had known all my life that I would eventually be mated to the lad, but after not seeing him for years, I quickly became uncertain. All I had to work with was hazy childhood memories of the green eyes and bright smiles he would give me. And the dimples.

So when he finally arrived and I first saw him, I was almost speechless, because he's the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen that gives me butterflies every time he looked my way.

There no way we aren't meant to be together.

It was mid September now, and I had finally come to the conclusion that I need to ask the boy on a date. We'd only spent a few occasions alone, and ever since the acceptance ceremony, my wolf has been more and more drawn to him.

I can tell he's not far of transforming now, his birthday the beginning of February. Then his wolf and him will be finally be one and hopefully he'll feel the same attraction.

"Hey, Haz!" I called out to him, seeing him turn around as I caught him up the hallway.

"What's up, lou?" He asked, shy smile on his face as he watched me stand in front of him. I smiled widely at the nickname, as I always tend to do when he's involved. I just simply can't help it.

"I was wondering if your doing anything this afternoon... well, tonight." I tucked my hands into my front pockets of my jeans, nervous of his answer.

Harry looked at me for a moment, looking almost startled before slowly shaking his head. "Uh, no I'm not. Why?" He asked, almost abrevhensively. I bit my bottom lip.

"Well, I thought I could... well, we could like hang out or something. For bonding, to bond." I shook my head, cursing to myself. Why was I making this awkward suddenly? "For a date." I nodded, certain this time.

Harry seemed to freeze. His breathing stopped and he just stared at me, green eyes slightly wider then usual. You could see the shock all over his face.

I was about to ask if he was ok, suddenly worried, but he just shook himself out of it and a small grin spread onto his face.

"Yeah sure... a date." He seemed to say the last bit to himself, but quickly regained composure with a nod. "I'd love to."

"Awesome." I grinned.

"Great." He laughed quietly.

"Sweet."

We just grinned at each other for a second, before both realising it was a bit weird and looked away.

"Well, how about around five? I'll knock on your door." I said, receiving a sweet nod from the boy, making his curls, that were a bit wilder today, bounce. They framed his face nicely as they were growing longer by the day. He's gorgeous.

"Ok. I'll see you then." Harry replied, smiling as he looked down at his feet that were clad in boots. I smiled at his slight shyness.

"Ok." I laughed, it sounded more nervous then I wanted. Harry just smiled back before turning around and rushing down the hall.

I watched his retreating figure, feeling proud of myself.

***

I was shitting myself.

Absolutely fucking terrified that I'm gonna mess this up.

"Just don't think about it too much. Just knock on his door and let things flow naturally." Lottie said sternly, pushing me out until I got to rhe hallway and in front of Harry's door.

"I don't know Lottie. Maybe this was a bad idea." I whined, turning around and cringing at the whirling of my stomach.

"It's not a bad idea, Louis. You both want this. If your this nervous, just imagine poor Harry. He's probably crying." Lottie muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Harry's crying?" I asked quickly, immediately worried about the upset boy.

"Jesus Lou, no. I don't know. Just bloody knock on the door and get this date started. It's gonna be the first of many, may as well start now." Lottie swung me around and pushed me to the door so the wood was right in front of me. "Good luck, brother." She chimed as she made her way down the hallway and out of view.

I took a deep breath, giving myself a pep talk before bringing my knuckles up to the dark wooden door and knocking softly two times.

I waited all of five seconds before it opened gently and Harry stood in front of me. He was dressed a similar pair of jeans, only a bit nicer, with his usual brown boots, but had on a lose blue button up, the three top buttons open and exposing his chest. If ought between licking the skin there or doing the buttons up so nobody else could see his chest. His hair was pushed out of his face, ends just below his ear. But the shy smile he had on his lips and the sparkle in his eyes was the best part.

"Hi." He greeted.

"Hey. Uh, this is for you." I held up the single rose, giving it to him and watching him grin.

"I love white roses. Thank you." He smelt it, closing his eyelids as he did. I watched every movement intently, reminding myself to thank Lottie for the bringing a flower tip later.

"I guess, I guessed right. White is my favourite as well." I smiled. "Ready to go?"

Harry nodded, placing the rose on the table by the door before quickly closing the door behind him. "So, where are you taking me?" Harry asked, looking at me intently, bright curiosity in his eyes.

"It's a surprise." I turned my head to him, laughing lightly as he groaned.

"I hate surprises."

"Well you'll love this one."

***

And I think he really did love this surprise.

I took him to the new restaurant along to road towards the city. It was built in the tree tops, a lift taking you high up into the main building.

Harry's looked around us in awe, "Wow, this place is amazing." He smiled at me as we sat down, dimples poping out and making me hold my hand back from poking them.

"I haven't been here before, so I can't promise the food will be any good. The view may make up for it I think though." I said, chuckling as Harry giggled a little. We both looked out at the view, seeing the oranges and pinks slowly disappear as the moon came up.

The whole dinner was perfect, and I learnt more about Harry. We had grown closer over the last month or so, but tonight felt like I got to learn about him on a different level, maybe because we were here as more than friends.

When we left, I drove us back to the house, Harry fiddling with the radio until it landed on a channel he deemed good enough. We both softly sung along, stealing looks at each other. If I got a fluttering feeling in my chest when I caught Harry's eyes, I would keep that to myself.

When I pulled up out the front of the house, Harry turned in his seat to me with a large smile. "Thank you for tonight, Louis. It was amazing." He gushed.

I couldn't help but smile to myself. "Thank you for letting me take you out."

I looked down, slowly reaching forward. I saw Harry looking down at my hand intently before I reached his. He slotted our fingers together. His skin was almost static against mine, sending tingles up my arm.

We both looked up at the same time and found ourselves staring intently. I swallowed, mostly the fear of what I was about to ask and the possible rejection.

"Can... can I kiss you?" I asked quietly, watching his face for any hesitance. But their was none.

And when he nodded, I leaned forward and his lips met mine half way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 1K 17
Still based on @stephaniekw1234 idea. An ABO where Omega Harry and Alpha Louis have a one-night stand and Harry gets pregnant. A few years later thei...
130K 6.2K 32
maybe all isn't fair in love and war, especially for a werewolf-witch hybrid like harry. his overwhelming feelings for louis might just show him that...
956K 33.7K 37
{Completed; 14.11.2018} Louis is omega. That makes him one of the lowest of the werewolf ranks. With being an omega comes obeying basically every bet...
250K 10K 19
Going through High school as a male Omega was hard and Alphas are assholes! When Louis got a job in London as a receptionist at a record label he hes...