Phan / Oneshots Collection

By adorablejse

--> just a few short stories about dan howell & phil lester (phan). mostly all are au but there is the occasi... More

Phan - Oneshots Collection
A Good Kind of Different
Skinny Love
Stuttering
Guardian Angel
Letter
Hidden Feelings (Part 1)
Hidden Feelings (Part 2)
Punk
Intoxicated
The Decision (pt.2)
Just a Dream
Missing You
Honeymoon
Stress
Concert Meetup
Renegades
Illness
Themepark (pt.1)
Themepark (pt.2)
Pet
Flaws
Migrane
Winter
Countdown
Doubt
Locked In
Be Mine
Storytime
Chocolate
Left Standing
8k?
A True Friend
Tatinof
hey guys...
thank you everyone.

The Decision (pt.1)

599 7 2
By adorablejse

This is inspired by the Phanfiction 'Grim Reaper' by FearMePlease . I just loved it so much❤️
ALL ideas go to the author <33
Btw, I used her cover!
This may be really long!

--

I toss and turn in bed that night. I desperately needed some rest, but useless thoughts kept me alarm and awake.

Why am I here?

Where am I?

Why are everybody so..different?

I was confused. Felt isolated. This place just felt..inhuman.

I was just hoping this all made sense eventually. Soon.

*~*

Three years later

I lay on my bed in this oh so familiar room. I've gotten a lot of time to know this place. I may as well explain.
My name is Phil. I'm 18 years old, even though we don't celebrate or pay attention to age here..at least I think we don't. I am a Reaper. When you think of a Reaper, you may think we are the people that kill our victims randomly for self amusement. But no. That's not how it works. We have our own system. Yes, I am not the only Reaper. There are many of my kind. But first, let me explain the system. All Reapers are told what to do by a group of 'lords' called The Highers. They give us the files of our subjects and we are supposed to read it to find out the basic information about the person. Also, they send you to the 'real' world to secretly find out more about the subject. If the person has done more bad things in their life than the good, we murder them. Sounds kind of harsh, but it's my job (I've been doing it since I was 15..since I was simultaneously brought into this universe where only Reapers live). Or if the person has done more good than bad, we grant them a longer life. It's a system that functions properly because The Highers take no crap from us (that, and they would probably shone us if we did not do as we were told). I didn't want to lose this job for these reasons:1: Because without this job, I have nothing. I live in this building with all the other Reapers. It's almost as if they were my family.
And 2: I had made one good friend. Chris Kendell. We were both 18 and were here the same amount of time. I had met him a little after I had arrived. I was scared, but he actually cared enough to ensure my safety. He was a good friend, so I definetely wanted to keep him in my life. We also shared interests which was quite convenient..
I lay on my bed in my room reading a novel. I loved books. It was like your own little world you could live vicariously in. Even if this was like my own world, I would honestly love to live in the 'Harry Potter' world. A school of wizardry training in which you can cast spells and do magic sounds awesome. The only power I have is to grant longer lives and annoy people (apperantely). As I'm reading about Harry battling Voldemort, there is two quick knocks at my door and then it opens. It was Chris.
"Hey dude, The Highers wanted to see you." I groan.
I never liked The Highers. Even though it was nice of them to take me in, they are unfair. Like, they never understood you in the way you wanted them too and stuff. It's kind of difficult to explain, but in a nutshell.. I just don't like them.
"Probably another subject file," I mumble as I roll off the bed.
I walk out of my room as Chris follows. We make our way down the narrow halls on the way to the chamber in which The Highers lived. All the Reapers lived in this one building. There was a main lounge, the separate bedrooms, the dining hall, a couple bathrooms and The Highers Chambers. They had their own area in which they lived. Nobody was allowed in there without the consent from The Highers. But I don't think anybody would want to go in there if they weren't requested too. We reach the chambers and I looked at Chris.
"See ya later," I speak and he nods, walking off.
I sigh and push open the tall wooden doors. I squint at the dim lighting as I enter. All that was to be seen was the flickering candles scattered around the room, everything else was darkness. I walk over to the three Highers. They wore giant black robes.
"Philip," one spoke.
"You wanted to see me?"
They nod.
"We have your new assignment."
One hands me the file of a subject. I was about to read it, but got interrupted.
"Oh, and we should mention..this subject is..an Inbetween.
My eyes widen.
"Wait, what?! An Inbetween?" I squeak.
Basically, an Inbetween was a person inpossible to judge. They have done an equal amount of good and bad things in their life.
"Why an Inbetween? A Reaper hasn't had to judge one of them in over a century!"
"We know Philip. Calm down. You are to do as you are told." The one in the middle speaks sternly, as meaning it was the end of the conversation.
"You are to have a file report passed in to us in two days."
I nod.
"You are dismissed."
With a sigh of relief, I walk out of the room and dash up the hall and into my room again. All of the other Reapers would have been in the lounge together by now, but as I said..the only Reaper I'm friends with is Chris. I can't be bothered to make any more friends. Also, I'm kind of socially awkward.
I start to read the subject file I was given until I felt my eyelids getting heavy. I slapped the papers down on my nightstand, turned off my lights and changed into pajama pants. I slid into bed and shut my eyes, trying to sleep at the fact that tomorrow I would have to start to judge an Inbetween.

*~*

The wake up call was brutal, but I was pretty used to it. At about 8:30am, a siren was blared so loud it could be heard all across the Reaper building. I groan and snuggle into the duvet.
My phone vibrated with a text from Chris.

'Hey, meet with me at the dining hall soon'

I grin and slide out of bed after reading the text, not even bothering to fix the sheets. Today was going to be a long day. I hop in the shower, wash my jet black hair that swept over one eye slightly and washed my body. I dry my hair quickly and straighten it finally to make sure there were no stray curls. I pull on black skinny jeans and a purple Gengar shirt. At the corner of my eye, I spot the school bag in the corner that I had in case my subject was a high school student, which he was. I pull on some shoes, grab my phone and open my bedroom door closing it behind me. I made my way through the halls where most of the rooms are and soon arrive at the dining hall; a long stretching table where we all 'enjoy' our meals. I don't usually eat regularly like the other Reapers do, though.
As I was in line for my breakfast, I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Hey Lester."
Chris.
I grin. "Hello Kendell," I reply in the same tone of voice he used.
I reach the front of the line and collect my two pancakes and orange juice. Chris followed. We take seats near the end of the table. I like sitting a little further from everyone else. I just knew I never fit in with everyone else. But thank god I have Chris.
"So what's up with you? You seem happier than usual this morning," I question.
Chris licked his lips and looked at me.
"It's just.." Chris turned and looked behind him and I tried to see what he was looking at. Then I spotted him. A tall, lanky brunette with curly locks. He was wearing a striped jumper and skinny jeans. He was quite attractive.
Chris than turned back to me.
"I just met a guy."
"Yeah, I could tell. You were just eyeing him up," I chuckle.
"Shut up," he exclaimed and hit me in the arm playfully.
"He's new here, just came in last night he told me," Chris continued.
"What's his name?" I ask.
"Pj. Pj Ligouri. He's from Brighton."
I nod. I've never been to Brighton, but I've heard it's nice. I lived in Yorkshire before I came here.
"He's honestly quite fit," stated Chris.
Me and Chris both had a thing for guys, but Chris was bi while I was gay.
"So anyway mate, I heard you have to judge an Inbetween. I'm so sorry." He puts a hand on my shoulder and I crack another grin.
"Nah, it's alright. This is gonna be tough..but I guess I'm up for it. You go have fun with Ligouri over there. But not too much fun," I wink and he blushes.
I get up from the table with my bag still slung around me shoudler and leave. I pull out the Portal Key from my pocket. A Portal Key is what all Reapers are given to go to Earth. As mostly all of the Reapers here are from Britian, the Portal Key transports you to cities in the UK. Today I was going to a high school in Southern London. I didn't know what to expect really, because I've never been to a highschool (because of being a Reaper during high school days). I didn't know what to expect because I've only seen high school films. And judging by that, the place looks torturous. I take a deep breath and stick the key in the wall, stepping through. I was introduced to the loud and busy streets of the city. I pay a cab to drive me to the parking lot of the school and drop me off. I thank the driver and get out. I try not to make contact to the many loud and talkative teenagers laughing and carrying on about whatever. I guess I couldn't say anything myself because I'm still a teenager, but I'm not like any of these kids. I pull out my timetable and after looking I find my first class of the day: 113b.
I walk in and keep my head down, trying not to gain attention from anyone. Everybody in the room seemed to be talking amongst themselves loudly except for a guy in the back. I grinned as I reconized him. Tall, brown hair, slightly tanned skin, and apperant hazel eyes. I couldn't tell from over here. He was sitting in the back so I went and joined him. I dumped my bag on the floor next to me and looked down, twiddling my fingers. I didn't know how to make conversation. He must of saw me because a soft and gentle voice spoke "hi."
I look over at him.

Jesus Christ.

The description was right. His eye colour greatly resembled the colour of chocolate. They were deep and quite beautiful, just like the rest of his face.

What..what?

"Hey," I answer casually, but inside I was sort of freaking out.
Why was I so anxious all of a sudden?
"Who are you? I haven't seen you around." He smiled gently and that made something in my stomach leap. I don't know why.
"Oh I-um, I'm new."
Shit, I hope I wasn't blushing.
He nods.
"So um, what's your name?" I ask, playing along.
"Daniel, but call me Dan," he says. I already knew his name but of course..I had to play along.
"I'm Philip, but I like Phil."
Dan smiled widely at that.
"Phil. Well Phil, can I see your timetable?" He asks.
I take a second to admire his features before snapping back into reality and stuttering, "oh o-of course!" I pull it out of my black bag and hand it to him. A moment later he hands the paper back to me and smiles like he did the last time.
"You have all the same classes as me," he chuckles.
"Well that's surprising!" I laugh back. I was playing along with that as well. I knew The Highers had contacted the school and had that set up for me, though. Our first class was English. I didn't really pay attention to what the teacher was reading about. I wanted to be in my own little world. I drew tiny pictures on my paper with a pen and thought my own thoughts. I thought about having to go to this school for awhile, all the stress and pressure high school can give you..I thought about Dan. About what happened to me when I first seen him. My brain got slightly fogged up, my mouth went dry, everything I said came out in a stutter, I blushed..I was praying that whatever was happening, wasn't what I was thinking.
The rest of the day went okay. Dan had helped me find classes and sat with me at lunch and kept me away from the mean kids at this school and was just..a friend.
That night, I slipped into bed with a few stray happy thoughts. I spent the day with none other than the attractive Daniel Howell.

That was all that I needed to be put into a peaceful and drifting sleep.

--

well hello there stranger. 😬
*a wild jennifer appeared*.
im sorry I haven't updated lately. my personal life is getting in the way again >__< but im back!

so what did you think of part 1? will dan and phils friendship remain, or will phils job get in the way?
*smirk*
comment what you think will happen :D I love reading comments!

as always, im jennifer and I will see you soon, baii!
..I sounded like a youtuber that time. lmao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 202 16
I dont know its 1 in the morning and I really want some phan oneshots so here Ur welcome. 2 years later- I went back and revised them all and realiz...
487 45 23
Daniel Howell and Phil Lester have gone through a lot together. ***TRIGGER WARNING- SELF HARM / SUICIDE ATTEMPTS / DEPRESSION / HOMOSEXUALITY /SAD/AN...
468 7 30
DISCLAIMER: This story is mature because it will have some self harm in it. It will also have some swearing due to that's how Dan actually talks. Thi...
769 28 32
Basically a One - Shots book, but it does have a plot near the end kinda. A boy meets another boy who he loves. He built all his feelings inside and...