Chosen Ones

By viper_ri

Percy Jackson is believed to have the best past out of the Seven. What will happen when they find out he does... More

Disclaimer
A Not So Great Past
Thalia and Jason
Percy's Talents and Past
A/N
Umm
Questions
New Cover!!!!
The Fates Officially Suck
What The...
Unbelievable
Plain Sight
Thalia's Secrets
The Hearing Part 1
Hearing Part 2
A Trip to the Past
Arrival
Diagon Alley
The Dinner and Sorting
Common Room, Rules, + Extra Scene
Classes
Classes Part 2??
Sevvy is Mean
I am an Idiot- not any of the characters......me
Will(Ch.22)
New Power
A/N (IMPORTANT)
Daily Prophet
Quick A/N
Unexpected Promotion
Wimps, Centaurs, and Mini Cerberus's
#BLM
Tagged ( I hate this)
Fudging Trolls Man, Know What I Mean
Quidditch Nightmares
Love is Weird and Hermione is...
Pretentious Girls and Bickering Morons
Mirrors, Christmas, and Sticks
Flamel, Slytherins, Dragons, and 'Rats'
Sorry... A/N
New Book Cover!
Whiners, Unicorns, and Glowy Hands
Voldie Did What Now
Exams, The Plan, and Fluff
We All Know Who Is Right
New Cover!...Again
Epilogue

Unknown End

367 5 3
By viper_ri

A/N- Hey ya'll. This is the second to last chapter of Chosen Ones! One more after this and this book will be coming to an end.  Song name: "Counting Stars" by OneRepublic. This song was my childhood.

Percy

I shut my eyes in the apprehension of the apparition feeling, but none came. I opened my eyes to see Dumbledore staring at me like a creep.

"You won't be going with them, Mr. Jackson. You need to help Harry. And luckily I have the power to do that."

I nodded and stood up from my spot on the floor and Dumbledore whisked me away.

Harry

I gasped. Standing in the yellow light room was our familiar shaky, scaredy-cat defense against the dark arts teacher. Percy was right, it was never Snape. It was Quirrell the whole time.

"You!" I exclaimed.

"Me," he stated calmly.

"But I thought-"

Another voice cut me off.

" That it was Snape? No, he was trying to stop Quirrell in a way that wouldn't bring attention to him. It didn't work obviously, instead, you guys thought it was Snape. " I turned to see Percy standing just in front of the flames.

I gaped at him. How did he get here? Percy strolled forward to my side. His face looked deadly calm, yet his eyes were swirling with energy. Quirrell was staring at us, head tilted like we were prey. Something was off about him. The stuttering was gone, the hesitation and caution non-existent. I looked to Percy again and was standing tall, slowly taking his wand out. He stepped in front of me, like a barrier between me and whatever evil possessed Quirrell.

"We know you want the stone Quirrell and you sure as hell aren't going to get." His strong voice rang throughout the room.

"Whose going to stop me?" He hissed, his voice becoming unnatural and raspy.

A dark smoke seeped out of the turban, swirling around his body. A face started forming through the smoke. I gasped, it was Voldemort or a deformed version of him.

"Get the stone!" He spoke."Use the mirror!"

I looked around the fire-lit room, in the corner was the Mirror of Erised. Dumbledore said it showed you what you truly desired. Maybe it will show him the stone? But how will he get it?

Percy and I stood and watched as Quirrell stood in front of the mirror. Percy didn't look like he was going to do anything. I think he wanted to see what Quirrell was going to do.

" I see the stone, presenting it to my master... but where is it?"

I attempted to distract Quirrel. " I thought Snape hated me?"

"Oh, he does," said Quirrell casually, "heavens, yes. He was at Hogwarts with your father, didn't you know? They loathed each other. But he never wanted you dead."

Percy waved at me to continue the conversation. He tipped toed into Quirrell's blind spot, behind him

" How do you know this? I questioned him.

"My master tells me everything," he said, still facing the mirror.

"Your master is Voldemort, yes," I glanced at Percy. He was crouched behind a pillar, inching

"Yes,"

"Has he always been with you?"

"Yes."

"Wow so detailed," I muttered. " the troll, it was you wasn't it."

"Of course, I have a special gift with trolls. Did you see what I did to the one in the chamber? Unfortunately, while everyone was freaking out about the troll I let loose, Snape already suspected me and went to the third floor to head me off. The damn dog didn't bite off his leg properly."

I heard whispers coming from the smoke. Quirrell was speaking to Voldemort again.

"I don't understand," he said. Percy was almost on him, he was positioned just so whatever spell he uses will hit its target. " Is the stone inside the mirror? Should I break it?"

I tried to move forward, might as well help Percy instead of standing there like a moron. When I tried to move I couldn't my legs were stuck.

"Don't try to move Potter. You won't get anywhere." Why did he only tie me? What about Percy? Did he forget about him?

"Use the boy.... Use potter!" Voldemort spoke again.

"Potter, come here!" Quirrell exclaimed.

Why in the world would I do that? My legs weren't stuck anymore, I attempted to move further away from Quirrell but he pointed his wand at me and used a spell to drag me over to him. He positioned me in front of the mirror. I looked at my reflection and this time I didn't see my parents. I saw myself, smiling. My hand traveled to my pants pocket. Out came a red, shaded stone. Mirror me held the stone in front of our face and then put it back in my pocket. My own hand inched towards my pocket, but I remembered Quirrell was watching me.

"What do you see boy?"

"My parents," I lied. I glanced at Percy, trying to use my eyes to make him strike. " They are hugging me after I got off the Hogwarts train."

"Lies!" The smoke hissed.

I had started backing away. Attempting to get out of the firing zone. Percy stood, watching like a hawk. What was he waiting for?

Voldemort directed his voice towards me.

"Harry Potter..." it whispered.

I tried to take a step backward but his legs wouldn't move.

"See what I have become?" the face said. "Mere shadow and vapor...I have formed only when I can share another's body...but there have always been those willing to let me into their hearts and minds...Unicorn blood has strengthened me, these past weeks...you saw faithful Quirrell drinking it for me in the forest...and once I have the Elixir of Life, I will be able to create a body of my own...Now...why don't you give me that Stone in your pocket?"

So he knew. The feeling suddenly surged back into my legs. I stumbled backward.

"Don't be a fool," snarled the face. "Better save your own life and join me...or you'll meet the same end as your parents...They died begging me for mercy..."

"LIAR!" I shouted suddenly.

The evil face was now smiling.

"How touching..." it hissed. "I always value bravery...Yes, boy, your

parents were brave...I killed your father first, and he put up a courageous fight...but your mother needn't have died...she was trying to protect you...Now give me the Stone, unless you want her to have died in vain."

"NEVER!

Percy took that as his cue and shouted, " Stupefy!"

The smoke dodged and retreated back into Quirrell's turban.

"SEIZE HIM!" It yelled. In the heat of the moment, I jumped on Quirrell and slammed my hand on his face. He screamed, a sizzling sound coming from our interaction. I removed my hand and stared at his face. There was a handprint burned onto his face. What? How did I burn him? Quirrell started moving and trying to get me off him. I used my hands to my advantage. Repeatedly I slammed my hand on his face. Percy yelled for me to jump... I did and a bright light came from in front of me. I shut my eyes and played on the floor. I heard a scream from my right and then silence. Slowly I opened my eyes to see Quirrell no longer next to me, dust and ash in his place.

"Harry are you alright!" Percy exclaimed running up to me and helping me off the floor.

"Yes, I'm-" I started, but cut myself off when I started to feel dizzy. Black filled my eyes and I fell.

Percy

Harry feinted... crap. I should be able to carry him out of here, but what about the stone? I guess I can just destroy it, but what about Dumbledore and Flamel.

"Percy, thank you for taking care of Harry." I heard Dumbeldore's voice come from above me. A floating pair of gold glasses was where he should have been.

"Professor, what should I do with the stone?" I gritted my teeth a bit. This stupid old guy left two 12-year-olds to fight against a remnant of the dark lord with no training. (As far as he knows) He is just like the gods...

"Give it to me and I will destroy it."

"But sir, you're not here?"

"All you have to do is through to at the glasses, I will take it from there." I did as he asked and through the stone at the glasses. Before they could collide, the rock disappeared into gold dust along with the glasses.

Damn it! He left me here.

"Ok Harry," I grunted as I lifted him onto my shoulder like a rag doll, " Time to get you to the infirmary...by myself."

***

I made it to the infirmary in record time. I played the passed-out kid on an open cot and called Madam Pomphrey. She rushed in and thanked me for bringing him here. She asked why he fainted and I told her a made-up story, not knowing if I should trust her with what happened.

"Relax boy, no need to lie. I know what went down tonight. Now tell me why you think he fainted." Oh, never mind then.

"Uh, he was in close contact with a smoke version of the Dark lord. Maybe that I had something to do with it. He was also shaken around by Quirrell and put in a stressful situation that he didn't have to be put in if only freaking..." I started to yell but stopped myself. I can get mad at Dumbledore later, " not the point. I think he passed out from exhaustion."

Madam Pomphrey smiled and waved me off. I walked around the infirmary until I found the rest of my friends. Annabeth, Will, Hermione, and Thalia were crowded around Nico and Ron's cots.

"Percy!" Annabeth exclaimed running up to meet me. I opened my arms and she jumped into them. " You're ok! Where's Harry?" She asked as she pulled away from me.

"He's passed out on another cot down there," I pointed to the other side of the room. " He is exhausted."

" Oh, but is he hurt?" Hermione asked.

"No he is just fine, the stone is safe with Dumbledore. He is planning to destroy it and sorry Hermione but it wasn't Snape who wanted the stone. It was Professor Quirrell."

"What?!" Ron exclaimed. Hermione looked a little shocked but I think she knew I was right before I told her.

"Yeah, during the quidditch game Snape was trying to protect Harry, not hurt him. He tried to stop Quirrell from attacking Harry again."

"Oh," Hermione said in a quiet voice. I saw her question before it came out, " Why did Quirrell do that?"

"He had a master, good old Voldie influenced him. He wanted to Elixir of Life so he could get a material body again."

"Did you stop him?" Thalia asked. I gave her a look that sad, " What kind of dumb question is that? Of course." But just for everyone else, I said it aloud as well.

"Yeah, Quirrell was gone. Voldie I am not so sure about. People like that don't go down easy."

It was 3 in the morning so we bid our bedridden friends goodbye and went back to our common rooms. They would be realized tomorrow morning with minor injuries. We all deserve a good night's rest.

Unknown's POV

"You let them get away!" A deep voice said. " You were supposed to capture little Potter's friend as well. Instead, you got none! What good is a dark lord if they can't nab two tiny preteens?!"

"I'm sorry my lord," the dark lord said, " I am still not at full power and the other dark-haired boy knew more than I thought."

"That is not an excuse! Do better next time or else you won't be seeing the light of day."

The figure hidden in the shadow's presence disappeared. He would be back when the time was right. Unfortunately, that isn't now. There is still time to succeed. This time there won't be a son of Poseidon in his way. Or so he thought...

Peace out Demiwizards! ( You know I just realized how cringy this is and none of you told me!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 286 11
Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy thought they had enough time-turner problems, didn't they? Well one day a mysterious time-turner ends up in their ha...
836K 15.1K 41
Percy's life is great, until one of his best friends betrays him.He decides to leave camp with his true friends and meets Chaos. What happens when th...
275K 7.7K 34
What happens when Nico is sent to teach at Hogwarts? Will his cover be blown? Will he succeed in teaching the witches and wizards what they need to k...
127K 1.7K 16
Percy Jackson is a hero. Harry Potter is a hero Harry wanted one year at Hogwarts to be normal. Percy had thought one year he could pass without demi...