π•Ώπ–π–Š π•Όπ–šπ–Šπ–Šπ–“'π–˜ π•·π–Žπ–”π–“

By Sunny_DDoodles

Y/N was normal, and so was her life. She didn't have dead, rich abusive parents or any magical powers of any... More

Prologue
A Strange Waitress
Her First Patrol
Back to the Future
The Undertaker
An 'L' Shaped Scar
Hot Off the Press
The Double Charles
A Special Fitted Coffin
Jack The Ripper
The Faux Angel
The Midnight Bell
Madam Red and Grelle Sutcliff
Beautiful, Gorgeous, Gushing Red
Spider Lilies
Marchioness Francis Phantomhive-Midford
Worthless, Rotten and Ignorant
A Prince of Bengal
The Bratty Prince
A Busy Day's lessons
Chores
A Midnight Stroll
The Prince's Lesson
Kali's Right Hand
A Rickety, Old Bar Stool
Knocking on Death's Door
Taste Tests
Curry For Queen and Country
The Curry Bun
A Victory Celebration
The Servants of the Phantomhive Manor
Promises, Promises
A Festive Epilogue
Incorrect Quotes
Incorrect Quotes 2
Incorrect Quotes 3

Late Night Tea

2.7K 131 42
By Sunny_DDoodles

Warning: Mentions of Madam Red's dead body and Grelle Abuse

"Will!" Grelle shouted, her face covered in bruises and blood flowing out her nose and dripping down her chin. "William!" William T. Spears stood on the roof of the buildings, towering all around them. The moonlight reflected off his Reaper's Spectacles which he adjusted with his scythe. "You came to rescue meee-" Grelle was silenced as Will landed on her head, shoving her face into the concrete. 

"Dispatch member Grelle Sutcliff," William addressed the woman whose head he stood upon, "You are guilty of having violated our ordinances." The standing Reaper began listing off Grelle's violations which included the following: killing those not on the 'To Die' List and modifying her Death Scythe without filling out a proper application. He kicked her in the face three times. Ciel was a little taken aback by his behavior.

"I guess Reapers can't die from head trauma," Y/N muttered to him. When Spears was done beating the shit out of Grelle, he yanked her away by her long red hair.

"We will return to headquarters right away and have you submit a written apology and report." The Reapers made their way over to Y/N, Ciel, and Sebastian. The demon had been inspecting his young master to make sure he was completely fine.

"Listen!! I was just about to get killed, you hear!?" Grelle shouted.

"Quiet." Spears slammed Grelle into the ground once more before bowing down in front of Sebastian and Y/N. "I apologize for all the trouble that thing has caused you. Ah. My card." Will pulled two business cards out of his jacket pocket and handed one to each of them. "Really," he sneered, "Having to bow to a noxious beast like you..." The glare the Reaper sent Sebastian was something fierce. "Is an affront to all Reapers."

"Then please keep watch over your underlings as so not to inconvenience said noxious beast," Sebastian smirked as Will stood up straight, "Humans are easily tempted. When they are poised on the edge of hellish despair, and a spider's thread of salvation presents itself, they will invariably grasp it..." The demon looked sideways towards the Earl. "No matter the manner of human."

"Taking advantage of that, you devils seduce humans..." Spears adjusted his glasses once more, running a hand over his slicked hair. "And live by leeching off of them, isn't that right?"

"I do not deny that." The demon chuckled as Y/N rolled her eyes. "At least he's not lying," she thought.

"Though as a collared pet dog," the Reaper looked over to Ciel who was still kneeling by Madam Red's body, "I suppose you're somewhat better than a mad dog with no sense of fidelity, hm? But you are not the only one whom I have been sent to apologize to." That caught Y/N off guard, he was supposed to leave now. "Madam Anomaly," William bowed once more, just to her, "I ask again that you please forgive the Reaper Dispatch for allowing such a disgrace to meet your acquaintance." Y/N didn't say anything. She just stared at the back of William's head.

"What do you mean?" She managed to choke out. Why did he call her 'Madam Anomaly'?

"Are you not aware?" He straightened his back and readjusted his glasses again.

"Aware of what?"

"You are what we Reapers refer to as an 'Anomaly'. You cannot suffer physical damage and you are not of this world, no?" Y/N stared him dead in the eyes. He knew what she was? "When you suffered damage from Dispatch Member Sutcliff's Scythe, your Cinematic Record did not begin to play, and you have recovered your lost arm. We Reapers have dubbed creatures like you 'Anomalies'. We do not know anything else about your species or origin. However, you seem passive enough. I do not believe you will cause us any future issues." All eyes were on Y/N, whose hands were shaking. Sebastian looked her up and down, as if she was some unreadable and unpredictable being.

"Is, is that it?" Y/N asked after clearing her throat, "Is that what I am?"

"Yes, Miss, we run into beings such as yourself every few hundred years. However, people of your type are so few and there is such a long period of time in between interactions between our people that we know almost nothing about your kind. The only thing I know I have not mentioned thus far is that Anomalies typically fall into categories: passive and aggressive. You have not attacked me nor Sutcliff so I assume you are of the passive variety. If you are, you will not cause harm to any being without probable cause."

"Wait, what do you mean passi-" Y/N was cut off before she could finish her question.

"I'm afraid that is all I know and am permitted to inform you of."

"And so you're not going to answer-" 

"I'm afraid not, Miss." William used his scythe to push his spectacles up. "All right. It's time we returned, Grelle Sutcliff." Spears gripped his colleague by her hair and began to drag her away. Y/N knew there was nothing she could say to William to make him turn around. She should've been thankful for what little he had told her. "And now I shan't be able to clock out on time yet again thanks to you."  As William walked away, Grelle being dragged behind him, Sebastian looked over Grelle's chainsaw still in his hands before lobbing it full force at William's head. If Y/N hadn't known what was going to happen she would've screamed. William caught the blade between his fingers as if it were effortless.

"You forgot something," Sebastian smiled sickly at him. 

"Cheers," William said dryly, "If you will excuse us..." And with that he disappeared into the dark alley into the night. Sebastian huffed before going to his master's side, Y/N in toe.

"Forgive me, sir. I failed to capture the remaining culprit."

"Let it go," was all the boy said as he peered down at his dead aunt. "Just... let it go." Sebastian pressed his knuckles lightly to Ciel's cheek,

"You have become terribly chilled." Y/N scrambled for her cloak and laid it over the young boy. "Let us return to the town house at once. And I shall prepare that hot milk for you as promised, all right?" The demon's smile was fake but even then, it was hard to believe he didn't care for the young boy at all.

"And I shall answer every question you ask, best I can." Y/N nodded to him and quickly patted his shoulder.

"Yes, very well," was all the boy mumbled before he tried to get to his feet. Ciel swayed before he fell. Y/N shot up to her feet to grab him and Sebastian caught him with an arm.

"Young master!" Ciel slapped him away the moment he touched him. "Young-"

"Don't." His voice was cold as ice. "I'm all right. I can stand on my own. I'm..." Y/N sighed as she stood up fully, just now noticing her shirt was missing a sleeve. "Just... A bit tired."

"You're more than that, young lord," Y/N muttered. Ciel turned to argue but he looked her in the eyes. There was something in them that made him close his mouth. It was like... she knew.

The town house was warm and charming, just as Y/N imagined. They had no women's clothing so Y/N had been given one of Sebastian's spares to replace her ripped shirt. It was a little large on her but she found it quite comfortable, especially for a button up. "Thank you, again," Y/N said as she sipped on a cup of warm tea. Y/N and Ciel were seated in the lounge as Sebastian stood by his master's side. "Now, what do you want to know?" Y/N set down her cup, ready to answer all his questions.

"When did you get here?"

"July 24th. I don't know the hour but I assume sometime around 3 a.m."

"By train or by carriage?"

"Neither, I honestly have no idea how I arrived here." Ciel looked over to Sebastian who nodded. He was essentially acting as a living lie detector.

"And what did you do after you arrived?"

"Well at first I woke up in a random alleyway and was taken to the Dozy Dog Pub by the owner's son. I asked the owner for a job and she gave me one as a waitress. Later that night I went out on my first patrol as 'The Lion' and I stopped a man from raping a prostitute." Y/N took another sip of her tea as Ciel thought about what she had told him.

"And where did you come from?"

"(Country Name). You want the city?" He asked where, not when. Y/N was only going to reveal that she was from another time and dimension if he specifically asked.

"No. What drove you to become 'The Lion'?"

"I know many women back home, and now I know many women here, all who have been assaulted. I started my work to stop that in its tracks. It doesn't matter what you look like, who you are, what your sex is, what your sexuality is, or what your gender is. You deserve to be protected." Y/N said it with stone certainty as she set her tea cup down again. 

"That's quite specific-"

"Well as someone who isn't exactly heterosexual and who has friends and family who aren't, I've become a very accepting and loving person. Everyone deserves protection and I know it's not my bisexuality that'll send me to Hell." Y/N smirked up to Sebastian before asking, "Or will it?"

"I can guarantee, no human has ever been sent to Hell for their sexuality or gender orientation," the demon smirked.

"Those bitches lied!" Y/N remarked, "I thought I was going to go down there a gay legend!" Ciel rolled his eyes and Sebastian might've actually laughed.

"Must you really be so unprofessional?" The young boy sighed in irritation.

"Believe it or not, I'm a well educated woman, thank you. I just use humor as a coping mechanism to cover up my deep rooted trauma. I've got to be that sad because I'm this happy. It evens out, like a balanced scale." Y/N took another sip as the boy raised a brow, very much unconvinced. "One day you'll get it, kid. Trust me, you aren't the only one who had to grow up fast. Unlike you, however, I kept my childish tendencies as a form of rebellion and now I'm like a little kid in a big body who knows much more than she should."

"That's quite the self-diagnosis." Ciel was unamused.

"Yeah well, not all of it is self-diagnosed. People worry more about mental health where I'm from. This is beside the point, what else do you want to know?"

"What are you?"

"I want to say 'human' but William Spears told us otherwise. So I guess I'm an 'Anomaly' or whatever that is." Y/N sighed. She was more than confused. The day she had found out she could heal almost instantly she had gone back to her universe and cut her finger. She bled and didn't heal instantly. She only had 'powers' in the Black Butler universe.

"And you had no previous knowledge that you weren't human?"

"I knew I could heal instantly, but I only discovered that a few days ago when I cut myself on accident." Ciel looked over once more to his butler who nodded again. She was telling the truth.

"Did you know your arm would regrow?" Ciel was now leaning forward, hands crossed and head resting atop them. He was analyzing her.

"I assumed it would but I never tested out limb regrowth, only flesh and skin regeneration. And even then it was never on a large scale. I was as shocked as you were." 

"And yet you didn't hesitate to try and save Madam Red?"

"I guess, I knew I could take some damage. It would've been a shame to not even try knowing I could've made a difference." There was silence. A long, painful silence.

"Well in the end, it didn't matter, did it?" His voice was full of venom. He was beginning to blame her for his Aunt's death. Though it would've happened without her attempt to stop it.

"No, but if I could take her place I would. I tried and if my Cinematic Record played then maybe I could've bought her some time, alright. But it didn't. I don't have a Record, okay? I'm sorry." Y/N muttered the last bit before she finished off her tea. Sebastian went to pour her more but Y/N waved him away. "No, thank you," she whispered. There was more painful silence.

"What orders did the queen give you? Were there any aside from solving the Ripper case?"

"There's a plan to add more officers to the late night patrols, a letter for Randall and one specific order I am never to deviate from: to protect and aid the Queen's Guard Dog on all his future cases until she tells me otherwise. We're stuck together whether you like it or not." Ciel leaned back in his seat and contemplated Y/N's orders, looks like his safety was Y/N's top priority. "She didn't tell you, did she?"

"That I would now have to deal with you for much longer than I originally thought? No." He definitely wasn't happy about having Y/N as another babysitter sent from Hell.

"Be thankful it's just me and not someone else like Marchioness Francis Phantomhive-Midford." Y/n laughed as the young lord and his butler shuttered at the thought of Lizzie's mother being placed in charge of Ciel's safety. "It could be much worse."

"I suppose you're right," he finally admitted. Ciel finished off his own drink before asking Y/N one last question.

"Will you attend Madam Red's funeral?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.6K 28
This is my first time writing this sort of thing so sorry if it's bad. (Y/N)= your name (L/N)= last name (F/c)= favourite colour (H/l)= hair lengt...
357K 10.6K 37
Would you be willing to go through Hell to get your happily ever after? --- "Sebastian, do not come any closer to me," I whispered. He ignored my ple...
284K 10.5K 31
The sun beat down on my skin, my tattered clothes showed parts of skin that where exposed to it's harmful rays. My bare feet sunk into the ground, th...
33.1K 864 21
You kept your head down, staring a your brown boots. You slightly tilted your head towards the sound of shoes coming towards you. By the way they sou...