The Throne of the Four Realms...

By sharmee_m

➜11X featured ●Featured by @magic● ●Featured by @mythandlegend● ●Featured by @Ambassadors ● ●Featured by @Sec... More

MAP OF THE FOUR REALMS
CHAPTER 1 - Of a Prince and his Dragon
CHAPTER 2 - Of Unexpected Things
CHAPTER 3 - Of a Fight and a Voyage
CHAPTER 4 - Of a Cold Stranger
CHAPTER 5 - Of a Black Tower
CHAPTER 6 - Of a Thousand Questions
CHAPTER 7- Of a Lost Wand
CHAPTER 8 - Of an Invitation
CHAPTER 9 - Of a Thrilling Duel
CHAPTER 10 - Of a Royal Ball (Part I)
CHAPTER 11 - Of a Royal Ball (Part II)
CHAPTER 12 - Of a Starry Night
CHAPTER 13 - Of Fire Against Earth
CHAPTER 14 - Of a Mysterious Mark
CHAPTER 15 - Of a New Mission
CHAPTER 16 - Of a Dragon War
CHAPTER 17 - Of an Old Portrait
CHAPTER 18 - Of an Epiphany
CHAPTER 19 - Of a Visit to the Library
CHAPTER 20 - Of a High Lady and her Daughter
CHAPTER 21- Of a King and his Son
CHAPTER 22 - Of Zephyr against Oyster
CHAPTER 23 - Of a Royal Visit
CHAPTER 24 - Of a Glorious Prince
CHAPTER 25 - Of a Discovery
CHAPTER 26 - Of a Winter Palace
CHAPTER 28 - Of a Feud
CHAPTER 29 - Of Swords and Daggers
CHAPTER 30 - Of a Red Bird
|| DORAN ||
CHAPTER 31 - Of Training
CHAPTER 32 - Of a Fountain
CHAPTER 33 - Of Alchemy
CHAPTER 34 - Of an Awakening
CHAPTER 35 - Of Chaos
CHAPTER 36 - Of a Dungeon (Part I)
CHAPTER 37 - Of a Dungeon (Part II)
CHAPTER 38 - Of an Escape
CHAPTER 39 - Of a Chief (Part I)
CHAPTER 40 - Of a Chief (Part II)
CHAPTER 41 - Of a Forest (Part I)
CHAPTER 42 - Of a Forest (Part II)
CHAPTER 43 - Of a Dragon Ride
CHAPTER 44 - Of a Summer Palace
CHAPTER 45 - Of a Gemini Prince
|| UNA ||
CHAPTER 46 - Of Revelations
CHAPTER 47 - Of a Summer Lord
CHAPTER 48 - Of a Window
CHAPTER 49 - Of Allies and Enemies
|| DORAN ||
CHAPTER 50 - Of a Deal
CHAPTER 51 - Of a Lost King
CHAPTER 52 - Of Siblings
CHAPTER 53 - Of an Enigma
CHAPTER 54 - Of Dark Magic
|| THE THRONE ||
|| RALPH ||
|| UNA ||
|| DORAN - Part I ||
|| DORAN - Part II ||
|| DORAN - Part III ||
CHAPTER 55 - Of Two Slaves
CHAPTER 56 - Of Balance
|| ORELLA ||
CHAPTER 57 - Of a Devil
CHAPTER 58 - Of Heaven and Hell
|| NOVA ||
CHAPTER 59 - Of Reunions (Part I)
CHAPTER 60 - Of Reunions (Part II)
EPILOGUE: ALLIANCE
EPILOGUE: STARS
|| THANK YOU FROM THE AUTHOR ||

CHAPTER 27 - Of a Lost Heirloom

1.2K 140 690
By sharmee_m

"So, what you're saying is, we start a rumor of sorts that we might execute Lueshas?" Lady Orella asked in a disinteresting tone.

"Well, sort of," Prince Nova said flashing his ever-so dazzling smile at her.

"Look here kids, it took me thirty years to make the citizens understand that the Lueshas are not all evil. I won't let you ruin it." High King Maris suddenly seemed to be glowing with the ancient power that he still carried in his veins.

"But father," Prince Adrian spoke, "it might actually work. We might lure the leader of the Eclipses out."

Lord Ralph seconded him, "And besides, we don't even have to make it public. As we all know that the Eclipses have eyes and ears in every House, they might just overhear a rumor and be warned thereby. Also," he paused to look at Prince Nova before adding, "No one's killing anyone."

The elderly Wielder of all the Four Elemental powers nodded at him, "This is much better, Ralph. The people should remain oblivious at any cost. And no killing. Let's wait for that potion by Virgo House."

Everyone bowed their heads in respect as the final word seemed to have been passed by High King Maris. I swore I saw a vein flex on Prince Nova's forehead. Sagging with relief, I thanked Lord Ralph and the High King with a heart full of gratitude.

"Who's hungry?" King Orlon said suddenly, and nudged Prince Adrian with his elbow, to pass him the dish of a fresh steaming apple pie. I distinctly noticed the vigorous eye roll that Doran gave his father.

I was trying to stay calm for his sake, but it was getting difficult with every passing moment. He was looking around the room. Could he sense me here? He had said as much that he was guided to me when I'd be in danger.

I sucked in a breath - I needed to get out of here. Quick.

Doran gulped the entire of his glass of water and I realized that I was doing it again. I took deep breaths and steadied myself. There had been tons of such incidents wherein I had broken down - had Doran felt them all? Went through everything that I did? The softest part of my heart, that he solely owned, seemed to shatter into pieces at the thought.

"Excuse me, it's about time my spy brings me some news," Lord Ralph addressed the gathering and got up from his seat.

In that moment, I remembered why I was stationed here and just in time, did I realize that indeed more drinks were required. With a last glance at the table of the royals, at Prince Nova and Doran, who sat side by side, I walked back to the pantry that I had come from.

I stopped near the threshold of the pantry and hiding my face, announced - "First course is about to end." Without waiting for a reply, I hurriedly glided through the passages, looking for the servant chamber where I had stashed my satchel and clothes.

Staying in this beautiful palace was dangerous. What was I thinking, coming to a meeting where people discussed about the Eclipses? About people like me.

As I reached the passage, I found myself in a conundrum - which door had it been? The panic rose in my chest, as I heard distant footsteps.

At the last moment, I recalled there was a small bell at the door handle and quickly ducked inside it. I wasted naught but a heartbeat and dashed to the bed where I had kept my belongings. Relief flooded me as I found them just the way I had left them. I quickly stripped, and lay bare in nothing but my under bodice. My situation scared me to the core as I donned my reliable blackness. I elemented my white hair back to black and picked up my satchel.

I cursed myself for having brought it as it was heavy with my sundial, which I clearly did not need here.

Listening intently at the door, I waited for a few long moments. Making sure that no one lurked out in the passage, I slowly opened the door, taking a quick peek outside and closed it noiselessly behind me.

With soft cat-like footsteps I made my way through the same passage that I had come from. The red organ in my chest, ready to tumble out of my mouth, such was my dread.

I stopped as the white ice-lights started to disappear overhead. Where do I go from here?

My non-existent sense of direction, made me want to itch the insides of my brain. And just like countless other times, I let my impulsiveness get the better of me. I swirled over to the passage at my right and in the dimness, collided with a wall.

No. A man.

I fell down with the impact, my satchel that was loosely hung over my shoulder, left my side and spilled its contents with a heavy thud. But I wasn't the only one who had dropped their things.

"Who are you?" the heavy voice asked, as he recovered from the collision, crouching down near me, gathering his fallen staff and sundial.

"A spy for Prince Nova," I said confidently, without skipping a beat, applauding myself for having finally learnt how to lie properly. Prince Nova commanded an army of black-attired soldiers anyway.

I watched as the red flecks of Lord Ralph's eyes shimmered, his giant-like frame stiff. The numerous silvery rings on his fingers shone in the darkness. He looked young, almost as young as Prince Nova.

He nodded and picked up my satchel for me. I dusted my hands off as I leaned to reach to my fallen boxset of petals and sundial. I looked around for the wand, and my eyes flew open as I realized how big of a trouble, I'd be in, if he found it. A spy for Prince Nova would not have a wand. I was thankful for the headscarf that I had wound around my face, that only let my eyes be visible.

"My Lord, please let me," I said urging him to get up and leave.

My eyes fell on the wand before his did, and I quickly tucked it inside my cloak.

Lord Ralph spoke with unmistakable sincerity, "I apologize for," he waved a hand in the air, "this. I hope you are not hurt?"

"Please, my lord, you have no reason to apologize," I bowed reflexively.

He was easily the most intimidating royal, with his tall frame and broad shoulders, not forgetting the red eyes, which for some reason were not scary.

"I got lost on way back in. Very bad with directions," he said with a smile and bent down to help me.

I chuckled, surprising myself, "I understand, My Lord. So am I."

He picked up my sundial, and right then, something unusual happened. I felt goosebumps spiking on my skin and my eyes widening in horror.

My sundial glowed at his touch.

I stared at it with an open mouth - it was glowing around the edge, in bright reddish-golden hues. The detachable rod of the sundial, was rotating on its own accord, and stopped at the figure that indicated it was two hours short of midnight.

My sundial was magical now?

"Oh my!" I heard the Fire Defensor exclaim, and my eyes followed where his gaze was. I gasped loudly, as I saw the same glow emanating out of his sundial too, that he held in the crook of his arm.

The red of his eyes met the black of mine and we both deadpanned for a heartbeat too long. He frowned and a small dimple appeared on his left cheek.

The realization seeped in - our sundials were exactly identical.

Twins.

The glimmer of both our sundials was reflecting on our surprised faces, as we lay affixed to the spot, crouched.

What was happening? My sundial had never done that before. Ever since father had let me have it.

He let go off my sundial and stood up, his scrutinizing gaze on me, and mine anywhere but on him.

"Why do you have this sundial?" he asked taking a step closer to me.

My knees trembled violently under his suspicious gaze, as I stood up. The truth might not work, I realized.

"I...I got it from an antique store," I stammered.

"That's impossible," he gritted his teeth and drawled, "These sundials have never left my family. This one's an heirloom."

The horror of his words, left me bewildered. His family?

The royal family of House of Aries? But...

As thoughts ran wild in my head, my ability to lie, replenished.

"Answer me, where did you get this?" he hissed, taking another step close to me. And before I could say anything, he reached his hand behind my head and loosened the headscarf that hid my identity.

In the glow of two sundials, I saw my own panicked reflection in his glassy red eyes.

"Have I seen you before?" He stood transfixed - his face utterly bewildered, matching my own.

His eyes were familiar, his dimple, his broad physique, everything. He looked like someone I knew and the thought scared me.

I looked at him with wide eyes. I had no other option. Making my mind up, I ducked low, pushing into his side, hard. Catching him off guard, I snatched my sundial that was on the floor and took off running, leaving one, very stunned Lord of the Summer Realm much behind.

***

I had lost count of the instances wherein I kept running away from something or someone. I reached the dress shop, from where I had borrowed the black cloak. Making sure, that I wasn't being followed, I ducked in the shop. My thoughts ran wild as I changed once again, into my casual white tunic and my baggy woolen trousers. Throwing my scarf around my shoulders, I made my way back to the Liberan embassy, a little calmer than before as my disguise had been shredded.

But Lord Ralph had seen my face.

He was the First Son of House of Aries. One of the strongest Defensors in the Conquest. And he had the same sundial like me.

What were the odds?

I stopped dead in my tracks as I let our conversation wash over me. How can he be so sure, that the sundial was his family's heirloom? People replicate antique stuff, right? I snorted.

But why had both the sundials glowed?

How did my father possess an Arien heirloom?

Like a corpse, blue with cold, numb with overthinking, I walked the distance.

The dark clouds of my life had broken hell on me, as I cried like a child in the moonlit street. My hands clutched around my mouth to prevent any sound to escape.

Sobbing silently, I peered inside my satchel at the now normal-looking sundial. Was it really magical? Just how many things had my parents forgotten to tell me?

Lord Ralph's face came to my mind again - his dimple was just like...

No.

But.

No. That can't be.

Just like my father's.

Was he related to my father? Related to me?

The weight of the realization was heavy and I fell on my knees. The insides of my chest shrunk painfully. The final piece of the puzzle of my mysterious past clicking in. But it did not affect me. Not a bit. I won't let it, I resolved.

There had been a reason, why the books of the library did not have my Mark.

There was a reason, why my parents had gone an extra mile to conceal my powers, deeming me as Vacuusha.

I was born of Summer and Autumn Realms - born of the enemy Realms.

I was the rarest Luesha.

First of a kind.

***

Author's note: There you have it, folks. Let's BURN this show down, shall we? (See what I did there?)

I am so glad that finally our new character is here and also the secret power. Phew! :)

Some things might be confusing here, but next chapter will clear it all out. Hopefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

922K 53.7K 84
Highest rankings #1 in love #1 in strong female character #1 in mine Aarohi vashisth a 24 year beautiful girl .,working in pune in a advertising...
142K 8.4K 82
Glass magic, the weakest of magic, the most fragile, the least effective. Those with it always end up with aide or aid class and a relief type. They...
41.7K 1.6K 43
Ongaku Academy a normal Japanese high school. However they have one thing that is different......School Idols!! (Part 1/4 of the series Ongaku acade...
115K 5.5K 19
စံကောင်းမွန် + တခေတ်ခွန်း ငယ်ငယ်ကခင်မင်ခဲ့တဲ့ဆက်ဆံရေးကနေအကြောင်းတစ်ခုကြောင့်စိတ်သဘောထားကွဲလွဲပြီး ပြန်တွေ့တဲ့အချိန်မှာသူဌေးနဲ့အလုပ်သမားဆက်ဆံရေးဖြစ်သွ...