๐ˆ๐๐’๐€๐๐„; Fear Street

By maripercv

[1978] In which a first year counselor from Shadyside has to experience her older brother get possessed and k... More

please read!!!
characters
โ†ž 1978 โ† 
| I. Kurt & Natalie |
| II. Nurse Lane? |
| III. Motivational Speech |
| V. Run! |
| VI. Please. please, Tommy. |
| VII. Camp Nightwing |
โ†ž 1994 โ† 
not update!!! please read <3
| VIII. Reunion |
| IX. Skull Mask |
| X. Shittyside |
| VI. Anastasia |

| IV. The Journal |

1.7K 67 35
By maripercv

"Is that-"

"Nurse's Lane journal?" She smiles, looking at a scared Kurt. "Fuck yes!"

Natalie opened the journal which made Kurt get closer to her, shoulders touching, his head being above Natalie's shoulder. She started flipping the pages until saw something, "Look, that's her daughter!"

"Ruby Lane... Look at this." He said, pointing at some notes Nurse Lane wrote next to her daughter's picture.

"Before she killed her friends and herself, she was sweating a lot. She told me she felt sick and that she was hearing voices. I thought she just had the flu." They both read the notes. Natalie stopped reading and thought about her brother.

"What's wrong?" Kurt taps her shoulder which made her snapped out of what she was thinking. Natalie sat down on the chair in front of her and sighs, "It's just my- my brother. When I was saying my speech I looked over to him and he was sweating badly, and he seemed nauseous and sick."

"Maybe it was the weather?"

Natalie starts flipping the pages from the journal and says, "No, no, you don't understand. This also happened to Ruby Lane. That's why Mary tried to kill my brother," She rested her back on the chair and continues, "In the cafeteria, Nurse Lane said something about 'I'm sorry' 'But I can't save you' 'I saw your name, I saw it on the wall' and the last thing she said was 'One way or another, you're gonna die tonight'. This already happened to her daughter."

"Okay, now you're just freaking me out, Natalie." Kurt grabbed Natalie's hands and stopped her from flipping the pages from the journal.

"Look, just shut up and listen to me." And he does, "She was trying to warn us. The curse of Shadyside is still going."

"What curse?"

"I don't know! That's what I'm trying to fucking find." She whispers, looking through the pages.

Kurt looked outside the window to see everyone getting ready for the Color War, he looked back at Natalie and said, "Natalie, I promise I'll help you with this stuff, but first we need to go to the Color War, okay?"

She hesitates for a moment but then nods, "Fine. Yeah, okay let's go."

Both Natalie and Kurt open Nurse's Lane door and leave, the Slater girl was about to leave and go to her team but was stopped by Kurt.

"Be careful, yeah?"

Natalie looked at him then scoffed, "Since when do you care?"

"Since that crazy nurse tried to kill you." She smiled at him and said, "She tried to kill my brother, not me."

"Natalie? just shut up and be careful, please." They stare at each other for a moment until she nods, "Okay. Good luck on the game, your campers will need it."

"And there's the Natalie I know."

She rolled her eyes at him and left. She saw the group of Shadysiders singing and whooping around, until her brother, Tommy, said, "Alright, Alright, Alright! Now remember, keep at least three defenders by this all the time." Referring to the blue flag.

Natalie smiles at the little kids who seemed excited, "Alright, who's the jailer?"

A short kid with glasses, Jeremy, raised his hand. "OK, Jeremy, you may be the most important player in the, uh... in the..."

"Tommy? Are you good?" Asked Natalie.

"Oh, hey. Yeah I'm...I'm good. Why don't you guys get started? Plant the flag. And I'll be right behind you. OK? Let's go, Shadyside!" The kids nod and leave. Natalie waited a few seconds before saying, "Are you sure?"

"Kinda. My head is throbbing, though. She must have gotten me pretty good." Tommy mumbles, grabbing the back of his head.

"Do you want me to bring some pills or something?" Natalie asked. He shook his head and said, "No, no. Look, you go have some fun. I'm alright."

She thought of staying with him for a second but nodded, making her way to Kurt, who was talking to his campers. She waited for him to finish what he was saying before grabbing his hand and leading him to where no one was seeing.

"What?" Kurt asked.

"It's my brother- he's acting weird, again."

"Natalie....."

"I'm being serious, okay? We need to go back to the infirmary."

Kurt looks around and sighs, "Right now?"

"Right now, come on."

They both hurried their way to the infirmary, grabbing the keys and opening it. They went to Mary's personal office and grabbed the journal. Natalie was about to open the journal but saw a bottle of meds....or drugs in a drawer.

"Drugs?" Kurt shrugs at what they just found. "If you see anything related to Sarah Fier stop me from flipping the pages, okay?" She orders. Kurt nodded and began reading some of the pages, some minutes passed and they found nothing.

"Only drugs, great.." She was about to close the book until Kurt said, "A deal was made with the devil....Sarah Fier cut off her wicked hand on Satan's stone in exchange for eternal life," She started at Kurt's eyes, who was reading from the page she was about to pass, "...scarring the soil beneath with the witch's mark, bringing Darkness upon the land."

They both look at each other, confused as to what he just read and what the drawing meant, but were interrupted when glass broke. Both Kurt and Natalie jumped and hugged each other, afraid that someone was outside watching them.

They both walked towards where the glass broke, and jumped when they saw Tommy, Cindy, Alice and Arnie.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" All of them yelled. They stared at each other until Tommy said, "What are you guys doing?" Directing his question to Kurt and Natalie.

They stayed quiet for a moment, hesitating to answer. "We were- we were looking for Band-Aids?" Stutter Kurt. Natalie pursed her lips, rolling her eyes at the excuse Kurt just made.

"Natalie?" Tommy looked over her sister. Alice scoffed and said, "Oh, come on. They were just having fun- look they have drugs." She pointed at the meds Natalie had on her right hand.

"You were doing drugs?" Both Cindy and Tommy yelled. Kurt and Natalie's eyes widened, "No, no, no. We found this in Nurse's Lane drawer!"

"Why were you guys looking through her things?" Asked Cindy.

"We-" Natalie started. "You- her, she was looking for answers." She glared at Kurt, who looked panicked, "I thought you were gonna help me?"

"I'm sorry, I panicked!"

The older counselors looked at each other confused, wondering what the younger counselors were talking about.

"Look, remember what I said about the curse of Shadyside passing down to others?" Cindy and Tommy both nodded, Alice and Arnie on the other side were completely confused. "I think the curse it's still going."

"The curse of Shadyside?" Arnie asked. Kurt, Natalie, Tommy and Cindy all nodded.

Natalie went to grab the journal, flipping pages until she found the page they were reading from. She sat on the chair, signaling the others to come closer. "Okay, so this..." Moving her hands to point at the drawing and the note next to it. "...Is how the curse technically started, 312 years ago a deal was made with the devil....Sarah Fier cut off her wicked hand on Satan's stone in exchange for eternal life," Everyone stared at her trying to understand what she was saying, "...scarring the soil beneath with the witch's mark, bringing Darkness upon the land."

"I don't understand." Said Cindy.

"Me either. That's the point, It seems too specific to be true...it's like someone made up the story to make it seem as if it was Sarah's Fier fault that Shadyside is cursed." She sighs. Alice laughed and grabbed the book, "Oh, give me that."

"This is Sarah Fier shit!" She laughed again, showing then notes from the journal. Natalie stood up from her seat and argued, "Give that back, I was reading it." She tried to grab the journal but Alice moved it to her other hand so she wasn't able to grab it.

She continued reading it, "When she is near, blood will fall and the curse will last until body and hand unite." Kurt glanced at Natalie, who was breathing heavily.

"Okay, that's enough. Alice, It's Mary's diary. Let's just put it back." Kurt ordered. Alice ignored him, "It's not just a diary." She turns the back so it faces the others, "It's a map."

"What?" Asked Cindy.

"Crazy Nurse Lane made a crazy map." Alice made her way to the bed and laid the journal down so they could all see. "It's camp, but looks like she drew all over it. 1666 union..."

Cindy whispered under her breath, "Union... That's Shadyside."

"Yeah, Shadyside 1666, it was a settlement before it was divided into Shadyside and Sunnyvale." Natalie blurted. All of them seemed surprised by the sudden sentence the young girl said. Kurt seemed curious about how she knew all about it, "How much shit do you know about this?"

"Lots."

"So, the camp is built in the same place as the settlement?" Tommy asked. Natalie nodded and said, "Basically. The tree in the middle of the forest was where Sarah Fier was hanged."

Tommy looked away. "Whoa, speaking of Sarah Fier. Look at this..." Said Arnie.

"Do you think that's her house?" Alice sarcastically asked. Arnie, who looked more curious than ever, asked again, "What are all those X's?"

Alice smirked, "There's only one way to find out..."

"Oh, we are so not going to invade Sarah's Fier property!" Kurt whispered.

~

"I can't believe we're doing this."

Shakily holding the flashlight, Kurt got closer to Natalie. Natalie, on the other hand, seemed very curious and wanted to know what the crosses on Nurse's Lane journal meant, so she followed Alice and her boyfriend.

"Something's happening to my brother, Kurt. If you want to leave then go, I'm gonna stay here and figure out what Mary meant by saying he's gonna die tonight either way. I'm not letting him die."

She walked over to Alice, who fell in a whole.

"Is someone digging a grave?" Tommy came over. Natalie looked at the grave for a moment before saying, "Maybe it was Mary?"

Tommy connected the dots and grabbed the journal, "Yeah, Mary. The X's, look. Look." They went closer to Tommy, waiting for him to show what he's looking for.

"Look, here. Here." He said, pointing at one of the X's. "She was marking where she dug."

Kurt rested his head on Natalie's shoulder and joked, "Well she was either trying to dig someone, or trying to dig herself." Natalie glared at him, telling him to shut up and stop joking around.

"But without her hand, her grip on the land holds firm and the curse will last forever until body and hand unite." Repeated Alice.

Tommy nodded, "Maybe Mary was looking for the hand. To end the curse?"

"That made her daughter lose her mind." Alice and Natalie said at the same time. Cindy scoffs and says, "Come on, guys. This is silly."

"No, it makes sense. I said it earlier. Mary was trying to end the curse, she tried to warn us..." She looked over to Tommy who was zoned out, "That's why she tried to kill you, Tommy. Because she was trying to stop you from getting possessed."

"Okay, I gotta piss." Said Arnie.

"Can I see it for a second?" Alice asked, directing to Tommy. Tommy was about to hand it but Natalie grabbed it first.

"This is staying with me."

Alice and Cindy looked at her with a disapproved look. While Kurt and Tommy seemed impressed, "I was the one who found it first, I'm staying with it." She repeated.

"I'm the older and responsible one here, Natalie. Besides, we need to give this and the drugs to the cops." Said Cindy, trying to get her to give the evidence to her.

"We are not giving this to the cops, Cindy! The cops are not gonna believe that shit. What are you gonna say to them? That Nurse Lane was trying to end a fucking witchy curse? They're just gonna think she was a crazy Shadysider, like always." Cindy nodded and made distance between her.

Natalie made her way to her brother, which was a bit far from the others.

"Tommy, are you okay?"

He nods, "I don't really know, Nat. There are these voices calling me all the time, and it's driving me crazy."

"Just like Ruby Lane."

"What?"

Natalie started flipping the pages until she saw the page with Ruby's picture, "Before you guys came and interrupted us, Kurt and I found some of the things Ruby was feeling before she went crazy." She pointed to the side note Mary wrote, "She said she was sweating a lot, you were and are sweating so bad. She felt sick, you said you had a headache, and I noticed you felt nauseous. And now that you said you were hearing voices....These are connections, Tommy."

"Natalie..." he started, but was cut off by Arnie yelling.

"Guys! I found the witch's house."

The both looked at each other before Natalie gave her brother a hug, "Please, please, be careful."

"I will. Try not to die." They let go of each other and went with the rest. Kurt noticed Natalie was worried, so he asked, "What happened back there? Are you okay?"

"Nope, I'm not okay. The witch curse. It's beginning to make an effect on my brother."

"Are you sure?"

"100 percent sure."

She began walking towards the house, not looking back.

Okay, I'm actually proud of this chapter!! Let me know if there's so mistakes in it so I can change them 🙃

Also, can you guys promote my story on social media? I mean if you want to!! It just, I want people to read it yk.

Anyway, hope you liked this chapter!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 72 17
Summer of 78' was suppose to be a normal summer for Kayde, but when her dad send her off to camp Nightwing. What was supposed to be the "best summer...
992 21 7
The summer of 1978. When Sydney Fier and her four brothers had to go to Camp Nightwing. Then Sydney meets a girl named Ziggy Berman. Little did they...
19K 460 18
๐’๐“๐”๐๐ˆ๐ƒ ๐‚๐”๐‘๐’๐„ โ”โ” โand now, he's dead. All because of this.. stupid curse..โž in which a boy tries to save his best...
2.5K 93 16
In 1978, it was meant to be a summer of fun and love but after a week of opening up, it turned into a gruesome fight for survival as a new killer pla...