𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓, goss...

By crudelior

spotted: upper east side's golden girl having an affair with her best friend's brother who happens to be enga... More

𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭.
𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐲
━ 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢
𝟏. 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬
𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐨𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭!' 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝟑. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝟒. 𝐛𝐨𝐨, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝟓. 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐟𝐬
𝟔. 𝐠𝐰𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝟖. 𝐛𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐠𝐰𝐞𝐧
𝟗. 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝟏𝟎. 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲
𝟏𝟏. 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚
𝟏𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟑. 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝
𝟏𝟒. 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝟏𝟓. 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝, 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝟏𝟔. 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝
𝟏𝟕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝟏𝟖. 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲
𝟏𝟗. 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐩𝐚
𝟐𝟎. 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝟐𝟏. 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲
𝟐𝟐. 𝐨𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞!
𝟐𝟑. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝟐𝟒. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐫𝐚
━ 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐢𝐢

𝟕. 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐲!

4K 179 28
By crudelior

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕; 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐲!
(𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 𝗏 - '𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝖺 𝖺𝗅𝗌𝗈 𝗋𝗂𝗌𝖾𝗌')

𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐆𝐎 𝐖𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐎 𝐖𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆. That's what says Murphy's first law and, boy... the old man was so damn right! In a matter of two days, Gwendolyn Vanderbilt's immaculate reputation was deeply stained, her best friend didn't want to speak with her, she unintentionally was part of something that broke someone's heart, and, meanwhile, Gwen wasn't even sure if her own heart was doing fine. Everything was just so overwhelming.

Nicholas Waldorf couldn't say he was much better. As he passed the backstage corridors, searching for his fianceé — should he even call her that at this point? —, the rich boy began to regret being so greedy and shallow in the first place. None of this mess would be happening if he hadn't made that fucking deal with his mother. And what was he gaining from it anyway? Nick couldn't even remember. All he knew was what he was losing and that was Gwendolyn Vanderbilt.

"Nicholas!" the dark brown-haired boy froze when he heard the angry tone of his mother, she never called him 'Nicholas' unless she was really pissed. "Care to explain why I just passed by Sloan trying to walking away while crying her eyes out?"

"Maybe she's just really moved by the fact of being about to walk on your show." he shrugged and grinned like everything was under control. "The great Eleonor Waldorf! Your big influence overwhelms some people."

The fashion designer rolled her eyes at her son. Lord knows how many times she heard him try to get away with something by coming up with a lie and finishing it by complimenting her. "I don't care what you've done or what you will have to do in order to make that girl walk on my show, but if in ten minutes she's not wearing one of my pieces and ready to cross the runway you can say goodbye to your new Ferrari."

So that's what he would be gaining from the bargain! Nick could barely believe it, but getting a new car didn't seem so exciting anymore —  he even wondered if he was sick or something, how could he not be excited? Then he realized. If not getting a Ferrari was the price of going after the girl he actually liked, it was worth it. Gwen was worth so much more than a luxury car. The deal didn't matter to Nicholas anymore and, somehow, Eleonor was able to see it in his brown eyes that were so similar to her own — call it motherly instincts or whatever.

"Not only that but you will also be indeterminately cut off, let's see how you fend for yourself without your parents' money. That's right, I can convince Howard to cut you off as well." that was a low blow and Eleonor knew it, honestly she wasn't even sure if her ex-husband would agree to punish their precious son like that, but Nick didn't know she was bluffing and that was enough. Truth be told, the boy was highly unlikely to last a day without his rich boy's privileges. "Now off you go!"

Okay. Nicholas was definitely coming to terms with the fact that he most likely had feelings for Gwen, and he wouldn't mind doing a grand gesture to show it — that's how it's done in movies and he was sure he could do much better than some random fictional character. Want some Patrick Verona vibes? Signing 'Can't Take My Eyes off You' in the bleachers while running from guards? Maybe a dramatic love declaration in the rain like Mr. Darcy did? Or deeply worship and cherish her as Gomez Addams did to Morticia? Nick would do it all and even more. But going poor? Having to actually break a sweat to earn his own money? Oh, dear! He didn't think a lifestyle without privileges was the right fit for him. So yeah, Gwen's amazing and he would possibly still feel that spark in his chest burning just for her for a long time, but maybe it's what Murphy's third law says: everything takes longer than you think it will. That wasn't their time, but eventually, they would find their way back to the blissfulness of their summer love.

Or so that was what Nicholas kept telling himself as he made his choice to crawl back to Sloan.

-ˋˏ ༻ 🎾 ༺ ˎˊ-

𝐆𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 on getting Blair to be back on good terms with her. The girl wouldn't grovel, of course, but B wouldn't be able to say Gwen didn't try to mend their relationship. However, first, the Vanderbilt heiress needed a few seconds to put her act back together. Facing Sloan was hard, and even harder was not crumbling from all the guilty Gwen was feeling. Apparently, though, the Vanderbilt girl was cursed to never have a quiet place just for herself. As she stepped into one of the building's balconies, Gwendolyn was met with a crying Sloan Irvine. So much for running away from her own guilt, Gwen internally groaned at her bad luck.

Having a feeling someone's behind her, the model turned only to find Gwendolyn standing at the balcony entrance. Sloan wanted to scoff at the girl who had an affair with her fiancé, but she knew the high school student definitely shouldn't take all the blame for the situation they were in.

Truthfully, Gwen did consider leaving the balcony and not turn back for anything in the world — you know, the 'run away from your problems until they went away' kind of move. Then her dad's many lectures about kindness and empathy echoed in her mind. Damned was Edward Vanderbilt for raising Gwen not to be a heartless brat, it would definitely spare her of some trouble — for example, not being filled with guilt and empathy at that moment.

"Look, Sloan..." Gwen took a deep breath as she approached the model. "I know saying sorry won't even begin to cover what I've done, but I really am sorry. I had no idea Nick had a fianceé."

"Would it matter if you knew?" don't get Sloan wrong, she wasn't snapping at Gwen or right away judging her — well, maybe she was judging a little bit, but who's to say, after all that happened, that she couldn't do so? —, at that point, the model had already lost the little fate she still had in humankind. For all she knew Gwen was no better than all the other backstabbing rich people Sloan met throughout her few years as a supermodel.

Even though she understood where the tall brunette's assumption came from, Gwendolyn had to admit she was slightly offended by it. "Of course it would matter!" the heiress stated firmly. "I would never go for a guy that's taken if I know that."

There was silence after that — or as much silence as one can get when there's cars honking, construction noise, random people shouting... That's New York's silence for you. Gwen wondered if she should leave Sloan alone, the model certainly needed time for herself. Still, Gwendolyn knew she had to do more. She needed to be sure the damage she helped causing was fixed.

"I should be the last person to give you advice..." Gwen started. "But don't you think that walking away now when Eleonor's show is about to start tells more about you than him? Don't get me wrong, for the last few days I've been wanting to run for the hills and never come back. It's just that I have just now realized I'm stronger than that, and I am sure you are too." she gave the model a tight-lipped smile. "The thing about being strong is that it happens when you feel the weakest."

-ˋˏ ༻ 🎾 ༺ ˎˊ-

"𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐒!" Gwen smiled seeing her blonde friend backstage, hoping that maybe she had decided to go for the tradition with Blair after all. "What are you doing here?" seeing Serena's hair in a similar hairstyle to Sloan's and a different outfit from what she previously had on, Gwen knew it could only mean the feud with B would go further. "What's going on?"

"Apparently, the models disappeared. So Jenny asked me and the socialites to walk the runway." S explained calmly while fixing her hair in front of the mirror. Only one thought ran through Gwen's mind: Blair's gonna lose it! Not only did Constance Billard's reigning queen hated socialites, but she also hated when Serena got more attention than her during events that are important to her.

That night was turning into an even bigger disaster.

"I know that look." Serena pointed towards her friend. "And I was worried about Blair too, but she even hand me the dress to wear, she has to be okay with it, right?"

Gwendolyn wanted to say 'Do you not know how much of a satan's spawn Blair Waldorf can be? Serena, don't be naive! Something gotta be wrong with this dress', but all that came out of her mouth was: "Right... I'm gonna go now."

Something was about to happen and Gwen just needed to make sure none of her best friends would end up killing each other when it happened. Well, well, well... Look at Gwendolyn, several problems of her own, but still running around trying to babysit everyone else. She was just unable to help it, being the mom-friend was, apparently, her eternal curse.

"Where's Serena?" Gwen heard Jenny Humphrey's voice and turned to look to where the young blonde was. Close to the wannabe fashion designer, stood the one and only Blair Waldorf wearing a smug smirk on her lips.

"She's on stage." the brunette casually answered. Gwen took so long walking in circles to find Blair that now Serena was already walking the runway.

"But I have her dress." Little J pointed towards the piece hanging in one of her arms.

"You mean Serena's on the runway on Eleonor Waldorf's show in a design not made by Eleanor Waldorf?" Blair sighs, but the smirk is still there on her face. "Oh, dear!"

Eleonor herself arrived a few seconds later gasping at what was happening."That's not my dress"

"Yeah." Jenny shyly answered. "It's my dress."

And there it was, the bigger disaster.

-ˋˏ ༻ 🎾 ༺ ˎˊ-

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄. Eleonor Waldorf was clearly on the verge of having a breakdown, and who could blame her? Gwen wasn't even involved in all that chaos, but she felt just as troubled and anxious. Finally, when Eleonor decided to go out and take the credit for Jenny Humphrey's dress — after the teen girl insisted multiple times, saying the dress was pretty much a Waldorf design —, things seemed to settle down. That was until Serena and Blair decided to officially declare war against each other. Gwendolyn was helping S gather her things to leave when Blair arrived asking if she could talk with the blonde it-girl. The Waldorf girl really seemed to be sorry as she first started speaking — it was even possible to hear the vulnerability in her voice, and knowing Blair that's a rarity —, but then Serena snapped. After that, things went downhill. Well, even more downhill.

As Gwen tried to change her focus from the argument her two best friends were having, she saw Nick handing a huge tulip bouquet to Sloan — it made Gwen happy to know that Sloan had decided to walk the runway after all. The model reluctantly accepted the flowers, they exchanged a few words after that, but Gwendolyn was too far away to know what were those words. Then they left together. The Vanderbilt heiress sighed not wanting to give much thought to that scene, in fact, she should erase every thought of Nicholas and Sloan.

Facing a teary Blair Waldorf was not on Gwen's to-do list for that day, but, thanks to Serena, that was the version of Blair that stood in front of her.

"B, I don't want to give you an ultimatum like S just did." Gwen started softly. "I'm sorry things between the two of you are like that." the fashion designer's daughter found the wall behind Gwen to be more interesting to look at than Gwen herself. "Most of all, I am deeply sorry if I hurt you by not telling you about me and Nick. Hurting you was never my intention, and I hope you know that." with one last deep breath Gwendolyn prepared herself to finish her apology and move on from the drama that had been going on for the last two days. "I can't force you to forgive me, and I don't expect you to do so right away. Just know that whenever you decide to do so I'll be there."

A/N
we are finally done with this episode!!

i'm sorry that it took me so long to update, college has been kicking my ass and consuming most of my time  😫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 195 6
A group of rich, spoilt and some polite Manhattan private-school kids seem to get away with everything, except an anonymous blogger is watching their...
31.9K 753 27
𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡. 𝙢𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡 IN WHICH, veronica archibald and max wolfe's story is told. the it girl and the playboy of manhat...
1.1K 39 9
"The only two teenagers in the Upper East side who haven't sent in a tip to gossip girl." The Astor name was a very familiar one in the upper east s...
30.9K 686 27
Shocking news will shatter Lena Owen's life as she learns the truth of years ago. Her emotions cloud her judgment as she struggles to not fall into b...