Strong Together (Rayla x Call...

By DogsByTheSea

Summary: Rayla must find Viren and stop him before it's too late. Callum realizes she is in danger and must f... More

Darkness and Nightmares
Unkept Promises
Ambush
The Trials of Xadia
An Old Friend
A Cruel Punishment
Secrets and Decisions
Evelyn's Secret
One Step too Far
A Crazy Idea
Truth and Confession
Strong Together
Reunion
The Threat
Can't let you go

The Epic Battle

419 8 8
By DogsByTheSea

(Narrator POV)

Rayla and Callum come to the entrance of the building to meet up with Ash and Evelyn. They found Evelyn and Rayla's weapons near the entrance. Callum goes over the plan with Rayla and Evelyn.

"Everyone got it," Callum asks. Rayla nods, but Evelyn speaks up.

"I have an idea to help, but I'll need a distraction," she says. Callum nods.

"Let's do this," Callum says. "Go on my signal." He looks toward the walls of the human camp and raises his hand up.

Almost immediately, 15 elves on both ends, North and South, climb up the wall. They hop over and attack many guards. Callum signals again and arrows start raining from the trees onto the tents. Many elves were lined up on the trees, reloading and shooting.

Callum and Evelyn rush to the North side. Guards try to rush on them, but Callum uses Fulminus to blast them back. Evelyn buries her hands in the ground and closes her eyes. She starts whispering to the ground.

(Rayla)

Meanwhile, Ash and Rayla help the elves attack guards and destroy tents. Rayla chases a guard into a large tent. She takes him down, and knocks him out. She looks around and sees many notes everywhere in the tent. She skims the area, when she sees a picture of a cube with runes on all sides. What? Why do they have a picture of this?

She senses someone behind and runs to the side, while a fireball comes crashing her way. She dodges it in time, to see Claudia standing at the entrance of the tent.

"Whatever you and your friends are planning, it won't work," Claudia sneered.

Rayla glares and charges at her. Claudia chants and summons snakes. Rayla tries to dodge but they wrap around her and turn into chains. Rayla struggles to escape as Claudia comes closer.

"You really are foolish," Claudia says as she raises her hand to perform a spell.

Someone slams into Claudia from behind and knocks her to the ground. Ash stands in Claudia's place while pointing his blades at her. Claudia frowns at him before chanting.

"ymene ym morf em hsinav," she says as her eyes turn black.

Black smoke forms around her and she vanishes. Ash jumps back in shock.

"Help me," Rayla says to him. He bends down and unchains her. She grabs her blades and stands up.

"Where did she go," Ash asks.

"I don't know, but we can deal with her later," Rayla says as she exits the tent.

When they both come out they see more human guards have come. The elves' numbers started to dwindle.

(Callum)

"Hurry Evelyn! I can't hold them back much longer," Callum yells as he draws another rune.

Evelyn was still connecting to the ground and not responding to Callum. Her eyes suddenly open and she quickly gets up.

"Run," she yells while grabbing Callum's hand.

They move away from the wall as it comes crashing down. Callum stops and looks back. He sees huge vines coming from the ground and destroying it.

"But...How," Callum asks. Evelyn smiles at him.

"It sure helps to be connected to the forest," she says while moving away from the destruction.

The vines started slashing through everything in its path. Many human guards were on the run.

Callum lifts his hand up once more toward the outside of the human camp. Suddenly, moonshadow elves mounted on shadow paws and moon striders came from the forest in a big ambush. King Azad was leading the charge straight into the human camp. They used long swords to strike the humans down.

(Rayla)

While attacking 3 humans at once, she sees large vines coming her way. She ducks and the vines attack the humans. What is happening? She makes a run for it to avoid the vines coming out of the ground.

The vines attack the South wall and it comes down. Once it does, Earth Blood elves start pouring in, while riding on elks. They attack with large bows while riding. An Earthblood elf with a golden crown is leading the attack.

"King Liam, just in time," Ash yells while next to Rayla.

King Liam looks his way and smiles. He stops while directing his army towards the humans. While they fight, King Liam meets up with Rayla and Ash.

"It's good to see you out Rayla, but where is my daughter," he asked.

"She's this way," Ash says while signaling him to follow.

On their way they see Callum and Evelyn coming toward them with King Azad. Once they are close, the Kings dismount their steeds. King Liam immediately gives Evelyn a hug.

"I'm so glad you're safe," he says to her. Evelyn looks at him and smiles. When they break apart, king Liam looks around to see the vines helping them.

"You did all this," he asks Evelyn. She nodded. He sighed.

"Perhaps I have treated you poorly in the past. I see now that you have grown into a strong woman, just like your mom," he pauses a moment. "I'll allow you to join the archer team," he says to her. She hugs him again while smiling.

"Thanks dad," she says.

"But still be careful," he says with concern.

"I will, I promise." She grabs her bow from her back and loads it with an arrow. "Might as well start now," she says with a grin.

She runs off into the battlefield with the others. King Liam mounts his elk and charges in with her.

King Azad turns to Rayla. "It's very good to see you Rayla, I was worried the humans did something to you," he says to her. "And I have been meaning to ask you, I would be honored if you would join our tribe." Rayla was surprised by this. Callum gave her a confused look.

"Ash told me everything, how your village banished you. I hate them for that, but now you have a new home with us, what do you say," Azad asks.

Rayla froze for a moment. I can't believe it! I'll have a home again...but I can't leave Callum. After thinking, she spoke up.

"I'm sorry King Azad," she started. She walks over to Callum and takes his hand. Callum smiles at her. "But I already have a home," she says. King Azad understood.

"You will be able to visit us anytime you like, you will always be family to us," he says. She nodded to him. King Azad turned to Ash.

"Come on Son, let's finish this." Ash smiles at him while pulling out his blade. King Azad gets back on his steed and rides into battle with Ash.

(Callum)

Rayla tries to follow but Callum grabs her hand. She turns to face him. "Rayla, this is your chance to have a real home. I don't want to hold you back from that," Callum tells her. She smiles at him. He looks into her deep violet eyes.

"Being alone out here has given me a lot of time to think. When I got banished from my home I was so sad and felt like I didn't belong anywhere. When I was in Ash's home I thought that could be my new home, but it didn't feel like one," she paused for a moment. "But when I'm with you, I feel safe and comfortable. I feel happy and there is no reason to worry. You showed me that I have worth and you helped me see that I belong with you. That's why when I'm with you, I know I'm home."

She leans up and kisses him on the lips. He closes his eyes and kisses her back. He wanted to freeze this moment in time and have her with him for every second. When they pull apart, Callum grabs her hand once more.

"Let's finish this war, together," he says to her. She nods at him before they go after the others.

...

(Narrator)

The battle was fierce and epic. A wave of human guards on horseback came charging in. The elves charged back with many weapons. Both Moonshadow and Earth Blood elves were working together. The two kings were side by side for most of the battle, demolishing their enemies.

Rayla and Callum were standing back to back while facing a group of guards surrounding them. Rayla charged at them with her blades while Callum blasted many of them at once with Fulminus.

Evelyn had joined many elves in the trees and shot from below. She needed to get in closer so she jumped on an Elk and rode it into battle. While she was charging in, many humans surrounded her. She was quick to shoot and reload her bow, and her aim was very accurate. Still there were too many of them for her. One of the humans uses a sword to make her elk fall.

She tumbles onto the ground with her bow and arrows scattered. The humans close in on her, when all of a sudden Ash leaps in front of Evelyn and lunges at the humans. He swings his blade and most of the humans fall before him. Evelyn quickly recovers and helps Ash defeat the rest.

When it was all clear, Ash smiled at her. "You alright," he asked her.

"Yeah I'm ok, thank you," she says. Ash nods to her before charging back into battle.

...

The humans are dwindling in numbers now and the elves are nearing their victory. The kings encourage their soldiers to stay strong.

Then all of a sudden, a large dark shadow covers the sun. The kings stop fighting and look up into the sky. The look of horror is plastered on their faces.

(Rayla)

Her and Callum were still fighting when a shadow covered the light in the sky. Callum was the first to look up and his face went pale. Rayla followed his gaze and couldn't believe her eyes.

Flying high up in the sky, was an enormous purple dragon with four legs on each side of it. It reared its head as it roared loudly. This can't be! There is no way they exist anymore, Rayla thought to herself.

"What is that thing," Callum shouted next to her.

Rayla looked below the dragon and saw two elves riding on mounts toward it. It was the two kings. Immediately, Rayla sprints in their direction.

"Rayla WAIT," she hears Callum say behind her. She didn't stop, she needed to save the kings before it was too late.

(Callum)

Is she crazy, Callum thought as he was running after her. I mean yeah, she's Rayla. Callum looks up and sees the giant dragon lowering to the ground. It's face was different than any dragon Callum had seen, it looked like a bug.

When the dragon landed it's force was so powerful it almost knocked Callum to the ground. Callum saw a glimpse of someone riding on the dragon but he couldn't see who it was. He saw the kings charging at the dragon who was now on the ground.

"The era of elves is coming to an end! You will all face your doom," the dragon boomed with anger.

"Come and get us then," King Azad yells.

King Liam raised his sword with king Azad as they charged on the dragon. It slashed its giant claw at the kings. King Liam stabs it with his sword but King Azad is not quick enough to dodge. The dragon smacked the mount King Azad was on and he tumbled to the ground.

Callum saw this and he even saw Rayla running quicker now. When she was close enough Rayla jumped up and stabbed the dragon's leg with her blades. The beast roared in pain before turning its head to face her.

"YOU," it shouts. Rayla tries to jump back but the dragon grabs hold of her with its front claws.

"No," Callum yelled as he sees Rayla being taken in the air.

...

(Rayla)

She struggles to escape the dragon's grasp as it spreads its wings. It starts flying straight up in the air. As it flew higher the air was getting thinner. Rayla started to feel light headed but she continued to fight back.

The dragon moves its head to reveal someone riding on his back. Rayla looks in horror. It can't be!

"I thought I would see you again, Rayla," Viren said in a disgusted voice. "You will be a fine addition to my collection," he spat.

Rayla glared at him in horror as he started chanting. He had no staff in his hand but he was holding a small coin. It started glowing and Rayla felt dark energy all through her body. She started to grow weaker.

(Callum)

He saw the dragon flying up in the sky with Rayla, and Callum knew he had to do something.

"Manus, Pluma, Valantus!"

He shot up in the air before the wings were fully formed. He needed to get to her fast.

When the dragon stopped flying higher, Callum came to its level. He saw Rayla in its grasp and she had weird light coming out of her and it was directed at... Viren? So he really is alive! I need to stop him! 

Without hesitation, Callum flies straight for Viren. As soon as Callum dove into Viren, he felt the power of the dark spell surge through him. Callum yelled in pain and anger as he pushed Viren over the edge

"NO," the dragon yells.

The dragon drops Rayla and dives for Viren. Callum was weak from the dark magic in him. I can't fly, he thought as he groans in pain.

The dragon was faster than Callum and caught Viren easily. Once it caught Viren, the Dragon retreated.

Callum continued to dive as fast as he could. He saw Rayla falling closer to the ground. With the power of his wings he was closing the gap between them quickly.

(Rayla)

Everything was burly for Rayla, after what Viren did to her it was hard for her to recover. When her eyes adjusted she found herself falling through the clouds. She looked up and saw Callum above coming toward her. She wanted to call after him but she was too weak.

All she could do was reach for him. In a few seconds he finally catches her. She wraps her arms around his neck and looks into his eyes. He had a look of sadness and pain in his eyes. He wraps his wings around her like a shield. She saw his wings were torn and he looked hurt.

"W-what are you doing," she yells.

His face changed and he just stared at her with a loving smile. He leans in and kisses her on the lips for a moment.

"Now it's my turn to protect you," he says when he pulls away.

"NO-" Rayla shouted but couldn't finish as they both plummeted into the ground.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 596 19
After the Final Battle, Callum is plagued by awful dreams. But when a terrible future is shown to him in one such nightmare-- a future without Rayla...
7.3K 106 15
Callum understands why Rayla left, but all it does it make him angry. He is angry with himself. He wishes that he could have been stronger. Maybe if...
7.8K 91 18
It's been seven years since the battle at the Storm Spire, there is now peace in the Human Kingdoms and in Xadia. This is a fanfic story about Callu...
28.4K 367 45
Team Zym defeats Claudia and Aaravos. They go back to Katolis and continue on with their lives. But what will happen to Callum and Rayla? Will they g...